What characters do you want to see as Stands?

Fabulously Olivier

10 hours ago, Mercakete said:

You mean Emblems? I believe that the heroes you can summon are canonically called Emblems.

It's a Jojo reference.

8 hours ago, Nym said:

However I do wonder about healers. Are they going to be ringless? No main lord aside of Micaiah can use staff and I'm pretty sure she has Thani.

We've seen two healers and both use other weapons as well (gauntlets and a bow respectively). Not to mention Celine being equipped with a sword but fusing with Celica and her Ragnarok, so I think weapon compatibility shouldn't be much of a problem.

6 hours ago, Elina said:

I adore Ike, so if you can’t summon him and maybe Micaiah in Engage I’ll be sad. Lyn is probably going to be in it, so maybe they could add Roy boy?

All four of those are in. Roy and Micaiah's icons are even in the trailer 🙂

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I know what I said and I regret nothing.

Missed opportunity. You could have said "I know what I said and I stand by it."

36 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

It's a Jojo reference.

I've been told of "stands" before, but I still prefer official terminology where it's provided, personally. Plus, this is new enough that using terminology from another media source may confuse people. It's better to start practicing it now for those who want to use the correct terminology. That's just my take, though. Still, thanks for the clarity.

Also, I agree that Alm, Ephraim, F!Byleth and M!Corrin would make good DLC rings. Maybe also Sothe, Mist, Caeda (or, to be more original, Elise...Elice? ... Marth's sister), Lilina, Eliwood, Altena, Julia, Diedre, and Chrom. That way, every one of the 12 have an opposite-gendered counterpart. (Marth-Caeda/Elice, Celica-Alm, Sigurd-Diedre, Seliph-Julia, Leif-Altena, Roy-Lilina, Lyn-Eliwood, Eirika-Ephraim, Ike-Mist, Miciah-Sothe, Lucina-Chrom, Corrin-Corrin, Byleth-Byleth.) I would have included Robin but it would feel weird to only have M!Robin and not F!Robin. Likewise, it would be nice for Mist to get some focus as opposed to Elincia, just like it would be nice for Elice to get some spotlight for a change. She's one of the only elder sisters to a lord character in the series, with Altena being the other one. All that said, I don't expect IS to do this.

Also, loving that Jake Emblem idea for this game's Anna. Star-crossed lovers indeed.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Also, I agree that Alm, Ephraim, F!Byleth and M!Corrin would make good DLC rings. Maybe also Sothe, Mist, Caeda (or, to be more original, Elise...Elice? ... Marth's sister), Lilina, Eliwood, Altena, Julia, Diedre, and Chrom. That way, every one of the 12 have an opposite-gendered counterpart. (Marth-Caeda/Elice, Celica-Alm, Sigurd-Diedre, Seliph-Julia, Leif-Altena, Roy-Lilina, Lyn-Eliwood, Eirika-Ephraim, Ike-Mist, Miciah-Sothe, Lucina-Chrom, Corrin-Corrin, Byleth-Byleth.) I would have included Robin but it would feel weird to only have M!Robin and not F!Robin. Likewise, it would be nice for Mist to get some focus as opposed to Elincia, just like it would be nice for Elice to get some spotlight for a change. She's one of the only elder sisters to a lord character in the series, with Altena being the other one. All that said, I don't expect IS to do this.

DLC featuringh Elice, Elise, Elincia, and Eliwood. Make it happen, IS.

after thinking back and checking again, it seems 12 lords is already plenty like others said. and this might lead to quality over quantity. But sadly considering Box Artwork and trailer, it seem marth will have spotlight, meaning quality will not evenly spread.

that being said, i also hope we can change their appearance (be it bonus content or DLC) since Ike and Lucina not in their normal outfit. just so I can change Marth to his actual portrayal like this..

engageM2.jpg.a15ef05f747a0fb28b044c94a9650ea8.jpg

someone got balls to depict marth like this in mural, this Marth looks like he was taken straight from a Hercules cartoon, pants-less even (not even Ike hoped to beat him like this)

but somehow the people in 3D model department dont have the same courage. IS please let me use this marth, then i can forgive any excessive pandering in the story toward marth

Edited by joevar

I'm really hoping the Emblems we do get will be customisable in some fashion. We seem to have outfits for characters why not the Emblems, even if they aren't corporeal.

Would be really cool if we could put Marth in his FE1 tunic pantless Marth FTW!!!, or even put them in their promoted outfits. Especially if we are only getting 12, I think it would be a missed opportunity

Edited by Azz

What if, we do only get 12 rings, but equiping a ring alows you to choose a character from that world... Get the Tellius Ring to have Ike, or Soren, or Ashnard, or Ashera. That way if your Eirika ring gets into enemy hands in the story, suddenly the big bad evil is cooperating with Formortiis. Wouldn't that be cool? (Never going to happen, but it would've been cool.)

Or, to get into the whole evil counterpart thing, a ring could have 1 good and 1 evil inside, depending on who wears it which one comes out. Just for fun let's think of who they'd be.

Spoiler

1: Medeus because first dragon
2: to avoid too many dragons let's go with Rudolf
Haven't played 4/5
6: Zephiel, I need more Zephiel in my life
7: Lord Nergal awaits you
8: Formortiis, or just posessed Lyon
9: Black Knight, much more of a counterpart to Ike, though Ashnard would be even cooler riding Rajaion
10: Who else but Lehran
13: Grima, sure 1 more dragon
14: Blob, er, I mean Garon
16: Thales I guess

12 hours ago, Elina said:

I really want Ephraim and Alm to be in it because after Fe Warriors didn’t include them I was a little mad. I know there are plenty of people who like Eirika and Celica way better, but I don’t want them to be left out again. Also, I was extremely mad when Ike wasn’t in warriors. I adore Ike, so if you can’t summon him and maybe Micaiah in Engage I’ll be sad. Lyn is probably going to be in it, so maybe they could add Roy boy? They seem to really be pushing Marth, which I don’t have anything against- I love Marth! But… I hope they include the characters that haven’t been in the recent fire emblem games. I want people who have only played three houses and stuff to be able to love the old iconic fire emblem characters like I do.

Micaiah is in the game as are Roy and Ike they're seen on the mural of the Emblems

9 hours ago, DivineDragon_Goddess said:

Micaiah is in the game as are Roy and Ike they're seen on the mural of the Emblems

Yeah I noticed that today lol! I had already been able to make out Micaiah and Ike when I first watched the trailer (so I honestly have no idea why I mentioned them), but I couldn’t ever find Roy. I eventually realized it was him by his armor, but his hair looked brownish I feel like (at least in my memory it did). 

That aside, I’m worried you won’t be able to summon anyone other than those shown in the mural. A website I visited seemed to think those were the only ones, so I guess I shouldn’t get excited about Ephraim or Alm.

*sigh*

I think it really depends on how they use the characters. Are they just like equipable weapons and skills rolled into one? Is there a synergy thing going on? What will separate Micaiah from Celica in this game, particularly if they're both magic users, or Lucina from Eirika or Lyn? (Outside of just one spell/skill?)

Regardless, I'd like to see: 

Seth or Finn, Chrom, Claude/Dimitri/Edelgard, and at least Azura.

I think several of the members of Warriors have a good shot of making it into the game. (And if one of the siblings like Camilla makes it into the game, I think all eight siblings will be in.)

EDIT: Alfonse, Sharena, and Veronica, because if this game is taking inspiration and designs from Heroes, the cast of Heroes deserves some love!

Edited by Use the Falchion

3 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

EDIT: Alfonse, Sharena, and Veronica, because if this game is taking inspiration and designs from Heroes, the cast of Heroes deserves some love!

It's more than that. Officially, IS considers Heroes to be a main series title, which means it's the only story without a lord present (despite, as you mentioned, Heroes designs being used for characters in this game and Alear's own outfit having gold Celtic knots on white background like the Askrans, whose royalty canonically can open gates to other worlds.) The more I learn, the more certain I am that Alfonse will be "summonable" as a DLC emblem (or even as a DLC character like Anna was in 3H and Fates) in a collaboration event with FEH. It could even be that Alear is somehow distantly related to Askr or something, being a Divine Dragon him/herself.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:21 AM, whase said:

Or, to get into the whole evil counterpart thing, a ring could have 1 good and 1 evil inside, depending on who wears it which one comes out. Just for fun let's think of who they'd be.

My picks would be:

Spoiler

FE1: Medeus

FE2: Jedah

FE4: Arvis

FE5: Raydrik

FE6: Zelgius

FE7: Nergal

FE8: Formortiis

FE9: The Black Knight

FE10: Ashera

FEA: Gangrel

FEF: Garon

FE3H: Nemesis

Fun exercise!

5 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

FE6: Zelgius

The poor guy seems to be a bit lost. Did he take a left turn at Hatari when he was supposed to take a right and accidentally end up in Elibe? (I assume you mean Zephiel.)

5 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

FE10: Ashera

I don't really like Ashera in this role, because she's not really villainous per se, and her motivations don't seem to line up with what I would imagine from a Fell Dragon. Hard to say for sure without knowing more about Engage's story, but I'm not expecting for it to make sense for the villains to want to channel Order incarnate. But on the other hand, Ashera is the best choice as a dark mirror of Micaiah, so might have that going for her. And is one of the few female villains available, which does seem to be something that they are caring about. So, actually, I've changed my mind. I do like Ashera here after all.

8 hours ago, lenticular said:

The poor guy seems to be a bit lost. Did he take a left turn at Hatari when he was supposed to take a right and accidentally end up in Elibe? (I assume you mean Zephiel.)

You're right. I don't know how I keep mixing up the two armored male primary antagonists whose names have seven letter, starting with "Ze".

8 hours ago, lenticular said:

don't really like Ashera in this role, because she's not really villainous per se, and her motivations don't seem to line up with what I would imagine from a Fell Dragon. Hard to say for sure without knowing more about Engage's story, but I'm not expecting for it to make sense for the villains to want to channel Order incarnate. But on the other hand, Ashera is the best choice as a dark mirror of Micaiah, so might have that going for her. And is one of the few female villains available, which does seem to be something that they are caring about. So, actually, I've changed my mind. I do like Ashera here after all.

Ashera might be too powerful for this sort of role, but as you mentioned, there is a dearth of female antagonist options. The only other game with female main antagonists is Three Houses, and whichever one you pick, you'll rile up half the fanbase. Not going there.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:00 PM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Another element of the number 12 is roster size. The largest deployable roster of the last Fire Emblem game was 12, and it makes sense to have a big finale where all of your guys can equip one of the rings you've been collecting via story progression. 

This is a pretty reasonable objection to the idea of their being a ton of rings, but I don't think it's absolute. Given that you're allowed to leave units on the bench or swords in the convoy, there could be extra rings you're just not expected to use, particularly if some just aren't as good (or generally good, maybe they have niche uses) as others.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:21 AM, whase said:

What if, we do only get 12 rings, but equiping a ring alows you to choose a character from that world... Get the Tellius Ring to have Ike, or Soren, or Ashnard, or Ashera. That way if your Eirika ring gets into enemy hands in the story, suddenly the big bad evil is cooperating with Formortiis. Wouldn't that be cool? (Never going to happen, but it would've been cool.)

Yeah, actually, I kinda like that. The ring becomes less a spirit-bearing relic and more like a portal to a certain realm.

For fun, I'm going to pick 12 characters, one to go with each of the revealed "main" emblems. They aren't picked with regard to hero or villain status and are primarily just the characters I like, but I have given some concern for weapon variety.

1. Hardin, because picking Bord or Cord without the other would be wrong, and Hardin is pretty interesting. He's both a hero and villain in Marth's story, and would be a lot more interesting than Medeus (who would necessarily play an underling or usurper to a character that's essentially the same as him).
    1. Archenaea characters are actually the ones I'd want to see most overall- sure, my choices would all be obscure ballisticians and bosses that have no chance of getting in, but they're the characters you see so little you're either indifferent or want more.
  2. Atlas, not because I particularly like him but because I don't like a ton of Gaiden units more, and he could maybe be imagined as a punchy guy just for fun.
  3. Midir, bow mount could be cool, and I like the more normal guys in FE4.
  4. Ilios, who might use tomes as a primary weapon for variety reasons, but would provide both strength and magic for mixed attackers or flexible distribution.
  5. Saul, who would give units some version of Gentilhomme, and probably have different bonuses depending on the sex of the unit using him.
    1. FE6 is the other game I'd want to see more characters from overall. Guys like Gonzales, Garret, and Bartre are great.
  6. Wallace. I originally had Dorcas here, but Dorcas without Bartre would've been weird. I also didn't have any lance or armored units on this list, and I like Wallace a lot more than Oswin.
  7. Caellach. The choice was always going to be a villain, since they really steal the show in FE8.
  8. Volke. He's cool.
  9. Sigrun, I wanted a flier on the list and an FE10 exclusive recruit for the FE10 selection.
  10. Libra could be a fun choice, although he does make this list rather axe-heavy. Not as axe-heavy as the main game is sword-heavy, though.
  11. Shura, who I don't like quite as much as Arthur but has the advantage of being in all three routes. He's also a staff-bow unit, which is pretty interesting.
  12. Felix, but specifically a brawling version of him. If we're going to see weapon type synergies and the return of gauntlets, might as well.
Edited by AnonymousSpeed

10 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

Monica. She was done dirty in the mainline games.

Obviously she isn't a top priority though. If they just throw her into a DLC or something I'd be happy.

At least she got into Heroes. She has an actual chance of having a legacy outside of a Warriors title. One victory at a time I suppose.

On 9/15/2022 at 1:52 PM, lenticular said:

DLC featuringh Elice, Elise, Elincia, and Eliwood. Make it happen, IS.

Or the ultimate pack; Mana, Rana, Tana, Shanna, Kanna, Hana, Nanna and Anna.

I don't know that I really want anyone else. I mean there are tons of characters I like enough, but I really appreciate each game having just one. 'Cept FE3 for some reason, but hey, Marth seems to get spotlight for two anyway.
It keeps things neat and focused while showing no favoritism. I'd say that's pretty valuable.

Here's who I would like to see in Engage and what I believe to be their likeliness to appear:

• Awakening
    • Robin and Chrom (Highly likely) - It's highly likely these two will show up since they're the 2 main characters of Awakening. Plus, I love them both and would love to see them appear alongside Lucina. I also would think with Robin's connection to Grima, he may have a high potential showing up in the game.
    • Morgan (Unlikely) - Morgan is one of my fave characters in Awakening and given their connection with Robin, it'd be interesting to see how the story could pull off Robin and Morgan. But Morgan's appearance is highly unlikely since they don't really show up anywhere else other than Heroes.
    • Gerome (Very unlikely) - See, I just really like Gerome LOL. I know he's highly unlikely to show up, but I just like him and it'd be cool to see him show up if Minerva shows up you know LOL
  • Fates
    • Azura (Highly likely) - Azura's cool and I enjoy her character. Since Corrin's gonna be in the game, I feel like if anyone else from Fates were to show up, it'd be Azura.
    • Male Corrin (This one's a coin flip lol) - I'm hoping they don't pull a FEW and only make 1 gender part of the story and I hope that you can choose their gender like 3Hopes. I love Male Corrin and I feel like he gets shafted every time ㅠㅠ
    • Kaze (Very unlikely) - I just really like Kaze, but I don't think shuriken will make a return, unless they can just switch him over to swords or whatever Thieves and Assassins will use. But Kaze showing up will be a miracle.
    • Subaki and Shigure (Very unlikely) - Look, I just wanna see some male Pegasus Knights make a return and these guys are probably my top favorite characters in the series LOL. However, given their relatively low popularity, it's highly unlikely they'll show up.
  • Echoes
    • Alm (Coin flip lol) - Alm got shafted in FEW, it's only fair they let him appear in Engage this time LOL. I'm only saying it's a coinflip because I would have expected a least a crumb of Alm in the trailers, but nah.
    • Ram Villagers (Unlikely) - I highly doubt they'll show up as Emblems, but it'd be cool if they show up as side characters LOL.
    • Conrad (Sort of likely) - Celica's confirmed, so it'd be super cool to see her brother show up as well.
  • 3H
    • Claude (Likely) - If any other unconfirmed lord were to show up from other games, it'd be the 3 lords from 3H. Claude's my favorite and would love to see him again.
    • Other Golden Deer (Unlikely) - Only unlikely because I highly doubt they'll include the whole student body of Garreg Mach, but I would just like to see my faves again LOL.
Edited by LJ_Reflet

I personally think we'll actually only get the 12 rings. Or if we get more than that, only a small handful more and those would still be main lords like Alm, Ephraim, Seliph, etc. I really can't see secondary characters appearing, and especially not things like 50+ rings.

The thing to keep in mind is that this is a 3D game. Each ring character has their own unique model as well as transformation / engage mode and likely voice lines. We've also seen Marth in town with a dialog bubble, so possibly a good amount of dialog for each lord too.

It's a lot more work to create a full unique 3d models than it is to make 4 jpg and minimally animated chibi in Heroes. We've seen that the Ring Equip menu features animated 3d models and not character art. You can't use faceless generic models here like Awakening did with its spotpass characters. And each of the rings we've seen so far feature fully unique bodies, sharing none of the "normal" class models. 

It's not impossible that more limited rings could exist (default class body with maybe a custom head at most, no engage transformation, no voiceline, etc) in order to prop up the amount of rings available in the game, but at the moment I feel it's pretty unlikely. I'm leaning toward 12 rings only, 20-ish at most and only lords. Which is unfortunate since the lords are basically never my favorite characters in any Fire Emblem game, but it is what it is.

I'm assuming there will only be 12 available rings, but maybe more than 12 on the enemy side, which could be available on NG+.

1. Hardin
  2. Judah
  3. Alvis
  4. Trabant
  5. Zephiel
  6. Nergal (Or Lundgren, since it's Lyn representing 7, but that's a stretch)
  7. Lyon
  8. Black Knight
  9. Lekain
  10. Robin
  11. Either Garon or Takumi, but maybe both.
  12. Edelgard

Hopefully IS is more creative to me because that's a lot of Armor Knights and Dark Mages.

My expected of the enemy ring:

1. Gharnef (I'll happy if can to change the ring of Marth for ring of Gharnef)
  2. Berkut
  3. Arvis
  4. Julius
  5. Zephiel
  6. Nergal
  7. Lyon fallen
  8. Black Knight
  9. Ashera
  10. Grima Robin
  11. Garon or Anankos
  12. Edelgard

I want....

1. Kris and Ogma.
  2. Fernand
  3. Ethlyn and love the 4 pegasus of Silesse.
  4. Tanya, Ossian and Halvan.
  5. Klein and Lilina
  6. Hector, Eliwood, Lloyd and Linus. Ursula and Jaffar (4 fangs)
  7. Seth and Cormag
  8. Titania, Mist, Shinon and Gatrie
  9. Zelgius (red version)
  10. Chrom, Frederick and Robin
  11. Kaze and Saizo. Xander and Ryoma.
  12. Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude. and Miguela\Manuela.