Does anyone think Male Alear is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch?

King Marth 64

I was watching Lucky Crit's Full Breakdown Video of Fire Emblem Engage on YouTube to point out some stuff he notices. He did say that he pretty speculating the voice of Male Alear in the trailer cutscene sounded closely to Johnny Yong Bosch that gives the Lelouch moment from Code Geass there and plus, I do know that Johnny Yong Bosch did have other roles in Cup of Tea Productions before like Guy & Emil from Tales of Series games & BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle when he returned to voice Yu & Tohru Adachi. Since we know that pretty much the Avatars when they have been introduced when the voice acting Fire Emblem games gets announced that have VA introduced in Fire Emblem games for the Avatar who have not appeared in previous FE titles. (except for Shez who both his & her VAs did voice Saul & Ullr in Fire Emblem Heroes before Shez was introduced in Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes)

I was listening to the other roles comparing to the cutscene and some in the trailer, it sounded might be close enough that make it sounded like Johnny Yong Bosch as Male Alear, but the rest like battle and Emblem Enage scene that I am not too sure about it yet. But I do also think that could have also been Lucien Dodge (VA of Leon, Felix, and Naesala) as well since he does sound similar to Johnny Yong Bosch. But it does sound somewhere calmly in the cutscene.

Do you think Lucky Crit's voice actor speculation of Male Alear's could have been Johnny Yong Bosch or not? I was thinking it on 50-50 on this topic.

Edited by King Marth 64

Alear certainly does sound a bit like him. Would be really cool to see him, would be his first FE role as well if he is in fact M!Alear's VA.

Not at first, but I saw the trailer again after reading the title of this post and I recognize Lelouch and Koizumi (from Haruhi) in his voice. I think it'd be great to see him make the jump to FE, but I think the VA is good whoever it is.

If it is JYB though, I wonder if they'll get someone as much of a veteran as him to voice F!Alear?

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I have to bump this for new update since we finally managed to get new English Footage of Male Alear today and plus, we have finally got footage of Female Alear in English.

So I was looking at the Footage of Male Alear that PhoenixMaster1 had posted in YouTube around in 0:21 and have listened to the conversation. He definitely doesn't sound like he was voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch at all judging in this footage (unless if they're going back to make voice options for Alear like in Awakening and Fates).

Edited by King Marth 64

The initial trailer sounded a lot like his typical voice, yeah. The new clip, not so much, but it was barely two sentences.

We still need to hear more to be sure either way (because yay, we probably won't get official info until someone sees the credits roll). I think he can do a softer voice without the usual tone and intonation that makes you instantly think "hey, this sounds familiar" which could be why the new short clip sounds different.

2 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

(unless if they're going back to make voice options for Alear like in Awakening and Fates).

Or this.