Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, joevar said:

i do hope thats not the case with animation, but rather like placeholder animation. that would suck if were true. about Sigurd, the scene where alfred equip him and the scene where he attack has different state of progress. the equipping only has lvl. 1 bond while the attacking scene has lvl. 10, Alfred stats also different between those two. so theres still chance Sigurd using tyrfing because of that. since going from equipped lance to sword animation is weirder than Marth rapier to Falchion

Agree and I do hope  that I end up being wrong, I imagine it not being too hard to just put the weapon onto the emblems but maybe theres something holding em back from doing that ig

Kid's got some good stats on him for a level 4 Mage. 11 Spd and around 10 Magic? That's pretty good. Also that does seem to be a Wind tome down there, happy day!

There's something very... Path of Radiance, about that map.

Edited by Cysx

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Kid's got some good stats on him for a level 4 Mage. 11 Spd and around 10 Magic? That's pretty good. Also that does seem to be a Wind tome down there, happy day!

There's something very... Path of Radiance, about that map.

Now that you mention it, it does look a lot like the forts in the early game...

I just saw someone point this out on Reddit and I don't know how I didn't notice but there are no more character portraits by the looks of it (Even the tweets revealing the characters are using their models). Obviously the models are much improved (and the text more readable) but it will be odd to have no portraits in the game.

Oh yeah I realized it pretty early, it's really sad as I really like drawn character portraits but it won't sour the experience too much. It'll be missed and I hope this doesn't continue for future games. The models are thankfully much better than how they are in three houses so it's not too bad.

30 minutes ago, Azz said:

I just saw someone point this out on Reddit and I don't know how I didn't notice but there are no more character portraits by the looks of it (Even the tweets revealing the characters are using their models). Obviously the models are much improved (and the text more readable) but it will be odd to have no portraits in the game.

They're not in conversations, but we haven't seen level up screens yet, so they could show up there.

On the other hand, the tweets would also be a good place to put them if they existed, but as Crubat says: the models are really well done this time! Higher quality in exchange for some detail seems like a trade that's really paying off so far!

Why do the characters approach the enemy units in such a winding way? In 3H, the characters took the shortest route towards the enemy unit before combat, but here the characters run along the grid. Also, why do the characters stop before turning? Feels like a clunky downgrade tbh.

Just now, Ziegenpeter said:

Why do the characters approach the enemy units in such a winding way? In 3H, the characters took the shortest route towards the enemy unit before combat, but here the characters run along the grid. Also, why do the characters stop before turning? Feels like a clunky downgrade tbh.

If it isn't obvious, it's the player controlling the character. Basically the arrow is now the actual character. I bet theres gonna be an option to change it back though.

12 minutes ago, link16hit said:

btw, Anna did get a portrait...

Do you mean the twitter account's logo? That's her model, but the fact that you didn't know speaks to how high quality the models are now! And worst comes to worst, we'll always have someone to upload the artbook or something, I'm sure. So... there's still hope?

1 minute ago, Ziegenpeter said:

Huh, I was so taken in by the retro aesthetic that I didn't notice that: maybe it's part of the aesthetic too? Maybe that's just another "early build" thing though, I'd like the 3H style back.

Just now, Crubat said:

If it isn't obvious, it's the player controlling the character. Basically the arrow is now the actual character. I bet theres gonna be an option to change it back though.

Even better, thank you very much Crubat! And well spotted, you have such a keen eye I've noticed so far from this thread!

Yeah I think its just however the unit is being moved by the player and not an actual representation of how it will be like since they are clearly moving very slowly.

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Even better, thank you very much Crubat! And well spotted, you have such a keen eye I've noticed so far from this thread!

Oh gosh you're so nice thank you <3 

4 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Oh damn, you are right. Okay that's kinda neat, but I prefer the old-school method, so hopefully we have options for that.

2 hours ago, link16hit said:

EXP Mechanic seems to be back, but going down from 100 to 0 instead of 0 to 100.

Don't let FE YouTubers hear you say that, they'll accuse this of being console FEH again!

14 minutes ago, Azz said:

Yeah I think its just however the unit is being moved by the player and not an actual representation of how it will be like since they are clearly moving very slowly.

Yeah, I watched the twitter clips again and the characters are clearly moving square by square - especially noticable with the Alear one. But @Ziegenpeter, I agree with others that there's likely a way to turn the animations off for faster movement: it's definitely the sort of thing that'd start to grate on a repeat playthrough or on non-story maps.

Speaking of animations, I wonder if the free camera or pause options during battle will return from the 3DS games. I missed those in 3H (I could never get the pause to work reliably). And while no one used it, it'd be nice to have the "to scale" camera view from 3H back too - but again, if anything's getting cut from there that'd likely be first on the list.

13 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Oh gosh you're so nice thank you ❤️

Hey, I'm just pointing out what you've already demonstrated! You too, Azz!

Edit: One thing I like about the larger battle forecasts and inventory bars is that they'll hopefully be easier to read in handheld mode. I keep forgetting to say that!

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Do you mean the twitter account's logo? That's her model, but the fact that you didn't know speaks to how high quality the models are now! And worst comes to worst, we'll always have someone to upload the artbook or something, I'm sure. So... there's still hope?

No, I saw the model and it is clearly superior to TH! Also super fluid animation and battle choreography remind me of Echoes, one of my favourite.

Also the Music remind of RD

3 minutes ago, link16hit said:

Also super fluid animation and battle choreography remind me of Echoes, one of my favourite.

I've said it before, but I really liked Echoes' take on battle animations too! With vaguely realistic regular attacks and over the top criticals/ finishers, and that seems to be what we're getting here too. Very nice!

4 hours ago, Crubat said:

Three Houses had something like this too, by zooming all the way in. We called it Warriors Mode because it looked like you were controlling your character in a Warriors game. 

So by the looks of it we aren’t getting anything today… So we’re probably only getting one character per week and getting Alear and Vander was just a fluke lol