Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

On 9/22/2022 at 7:53 AM, Fabulously Olivier said:

So confirmation that hp costs for spells was just because Celica was engaged. Meaning engaging inherits some mechanics.

I feel this is a bit early to say. It's possible some of the more unique spells may have hp costs. I am glad that at the very least, not every spell will be consuming hp.

That said, I like how the crit animation for Fiire keeps its focus on the spell. Interesting to see how this will turn out for other spells

EDIT: @DefyingFates About the janky map movement; its just a twitter clip thing. If you go rewatch the reveal trailer the characters are always moving smoothly, even when turning

Edited by Vexal
replying to a message I missed while viewing thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things to note: 

• It's a nice QoL change that you have green tiles when you're near allies and red tiles when near enemies
  • The 2nd option in the menu seems new, couldn't read it through google translation, all I got was "chain guard." Maybe a capture mechanic?
  • The martial art that Framme uses cannot do brave attacks, which is mentioned in the weapon info. Can't tell the name but if I had to guess it might be a bronze version?
  • Archers can't counterattack at 1 range, but you could maybe unlock a skill that gives you counterattacking later.
  • You can see Celine and Alfred engaged. Alfred has an up arrow on him and Celine doesn't seem to have access to a staff even after engaging. Maybe Celica just didn't have a staff at that point?
  • Staves have limited uses like fates.
  • There SEEMS to be a different weapon triangle altogether, including bows and gauntlets! Gauntlets beat bows seems like.
  • Continuing from the last point, break most likely has something to do with WTA as Framme breaks the archer in this clip. Maybe crits always trigger it if you have WTA?

That's all I see so far

I didn't expect another reveal so soon, wow! I wonder if this means we'll get something on Thursday too, or if it's just going to be once a week still (maybe Clan's reveal was delayed because it would have been too close to Vander's?)

Crubat beat me to listing all the things I spotted (and spotted way more than I did to boot) so I'll just comment on that. First off, the twitter bio says Framme is a monk. This may be Engage's version of War Monk (redone as a starter class) which would explain the dual wielding of staves and fists, or just an update to the healer class so they aren't defenceless anymore.. Either way, I'm really glad to see it! Framme is also called a "fan" of Alear, but from her intro clip she seems to treat them more like a celebrity vs Clan who seems to revere them? Funny that both of them miss the point of being Guardians but in different ways, I love it xD

24 minutes ago, Crubat said:

The 2nd option in the menu seems new, couldn't read it through google translation, all I got was "chain guard." Maybe a capture mechanic?

I was just reading someone's thoughts on missing that mechanic on Reddit so this is funny timing 😛

The martial art that Framme uses cannot do brave attacks, which is mentioned in the weapon info. Can't tell the name but if I had to guess it might be a bronze version?

Maybe excluding brave attacks from the basic fist weapons is a way to balance them for the early game? I guess that makes some sense.

Alfred has an up arrow on him

Maybe this shows that type bonuses are active? Though I don't think we saw those arrows in the trailer...

Staves have limited uses like fates.

But not tomes, which is a relief. I hope these can be repaired as in 3H.

There SEEMS to be a different weapon triangle altogether, including bows and gauntlets! Gauntlets beat bows seems like.

The last three are stuff I didn't notice, so thank you so much! If tomes are also part of this new weapon triangle, it'd be the inverse of Hopes'. And this also finally explains why gauntlets are colored gold! Tomes and bows are the same color though, so I wonder what's up with that, or if there's yet another new weapon type we haven't seen yet (maybe daggers are returning?)

Of course, this also raises the question of if there are multiple types of tome with their own weapon triangle/ pairing. Curious!

Continuing from the last point, break most likely has something to do with WTA as Framme breaks the archer in this clip. Maybe crits always trigger it if you have WTA?

There was a theory early on that it was a combination of this and weapon rank, since Alear didn't get a break in his twitter clip from last week.

Finally, I wonder if Qigong refers to a school of training in (either in Elyos or real life) or if this is the name of someone we'll meet later on? The faculty training system from 3H was fun so it's be interesting to see if something like that returns as well.

Edit: I forgot to mention this, but I really love the martial art animations, as well as Framme's "ready stance" before and after her attack. Visually Engage continues to be absolutely stunning! Also, the archer drops his bow upon being broken, so as was suggested before I think the mechanic does indeed negate their next attack. But of course we need to know how long that lasts for. And as with Vander's clip, the enemy is marked as "will be broken" even when Framme is moving so we know that's a fixed occurence. And to reiterate another thing that's already been said: enemy phase strategies will be changed a lot if allies can be broken just as easily!

P.S. As for archers, I imagine everyone will have Close Counter equipped in due time... or at least that's what I would have said if the ability slots didn't seem so limited. I wonder if CC will be unlockable a la 3H though, or if it'll be tied to archer classes instead. Hmm...

Edited by DefyingFates

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I didn't expect another reveal so soon, wow! I wonder if this means we'll get something on Thursday too, or if it's just going to be once a week still (maybe Clan's reveal was delayed because it would have been too close to Vander's?)

Honestly I just think it's random, whenever they feel like it lul

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Maybe this shows that type bonuses are active? Though I don't think we saw those arrows in the trailer...

I remember seeing at some point but I can't remember where, I'll check the clips again

6 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The last three are stuff I didn't notice, so thank you so much! If tomes are also part of this new weapon triangle, it'd be the inverse of Hopes'. And this also finally explains why gauntlets are colored gold! Tomes and bows are the same color though, so I wonder what's up with that, or if there's yet another new weapon type we haven't seen yet (maybe daggers are returning?)

Of course, this also raises the question of if there are multiple types of tome with their own weapon triangle/ pairing. Curious!

Honestly if bows and tomes are the same color, they might share the same WTA and WTD. We'll have to see though.

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

There was a theory early on that it was a combination of this and weapon rank, since Alear didn't get a break in his twitter clip from last week.

Finally, I wonder if Qigong refers to a school of training in (either in Elyos or real life) or if this is the name of someone we'll meet later on? The faculty training system from 3H was fun so it's be interesting to see if something like that returns as well.

Oh right, I forgot about Alear's clips. Huh. It's pretty confusing but yeah it probably has something to do with weapon ranks.

The way Qigong is phrased seems like it's a fighting style, rather than a person. That's what I think anyways

2 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Honestly I just think it's random, whenever they feel like it lul

I'm suspecting that's the case too, but that still leaves the question of if there's an upper limit of how much they're willing to reveal per week. I didn't think of it before, but Framme could have been shown off today to be close to Clan's reveal for example, which may or may not leave Thursday open as well.

4 minutes ago, Crubat said:

I remember seeing at some point but I can't remember where, I'll check the clips again

I'll defer to your judgment! As I've said before, you and Azz are much better at spotting these things xD

Honestly if bows and tomes are the same color, they might share the same WTA and WTD. We'll have to see though.

Fair point. Hopefully the next character reveal will be archer or other tome user and they'll fight a brawler (or vice versa) so we can know for sure!

6 minutes ago, Crubat said:

The way Qigong is phrased seems like it's a fighting style, rather than a person. That's what I think anyways

Fair enough! I wonder if there's anyone versed in eastern culture who could fill us in, please?

6 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Oh right, I forgot about Alear's clips. Huh. It's pretty confusing but yeah it probably has something to do with weapon ranks.

Yeah. Also, I updated my post with this just before you made this one so I may as well copy my thoughts on weapon breaking here again for the sake of discussion?

Also, the archer drops his bow upon being broken, so as was suggested before I think the mechanic does indeed negate their next attack. But of course we need to know how long that lasts for. And as with Vander's clip, the enemy is marked as "will be broken" even when Framme is moving so we know that's a fixed occurence. And to reiterate another thing that's already been said: enemy phase strategies will be changed a lot if allies can be broken just as easily!

While I’m glad Framme can defend herself, that lv of damage does not inspire confidence. She gonna need to get what I assume will be Str fairly often to keep her even damaging enemies. Reminds me of the staff bashes from RD.

They sure are throwing us for a loop, but that's fine. To try and add to what Crubat brought up (missed the WTA as well, nice catch):

Framme has yet another shiny skill, and it clearly doesn't activate near Vander. This strongly suggests that these are lord-centric just like in Fates, which makes sense considering who these characters are.

She's got modest stats compared to her brother, at the same level(and exp). Almost everything is lower(presumably she has around 7 Str and 9 Spd). She's obviously a hybrid character though, which might be why.

No shade to the english VA, but thus far it's no real contest between the two. We'll see, though.

And the crit animations are definitely delivering. Helps to not have battalions cloging the scene. I have high hopes for this.

21 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Qigong is a real life style. It's likely based on that.

Edited by Cysx

I'll defer to your judgment! As I've said before, you and Azz are much better at spotting these things xD

image.png.85f4e7cf9bf201d5caa74d6982a190b7.png found it, in the trailer after Alfred engages.

Fair point. Hopefully the next character reveal will be archer or other tome user and they'll fight a brawler (or vice versa) so we can know for sure!

If they're saving Alfred + the other box art character for later, I'm definitely guessing Etie or Chloe are next.

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Fair enough! I wonder if there's anyone versed in eastern culture who could fill us in, please?

I didn't realize it could be a real thing so I googled it and got this

image.png.8f763c67962611f6e9b69ebcb818c1d6.png

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah. Also, I updated my post with this just before you made this one so I may as well copy my thoughts on weapon breaking here again for the sake of discussion?

Oh wow I didn't even notice the enemy weapon icon being crossed out. Nice catch and yeah seems like it'll be a fixed occurence

17 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Qigong is a real life style. It's likely based on that.

11 minutes ago, Crubat said:

I didn't realize it could be a real thing so I googled it and got this

Thank you both!

17 minutes ago, Cysx said:

She's got modest stats compared to her brother, at the same level(and exp). Almost everything is lower(presumably she has around 7 Str and 9 Spd). She's obviously a hybrid character though, which might be why.

True. Clan also has the advantage of attacking an armored unit with magic, but that would only affect Dmg. Correct me if I'm wrong please, but didn't gauntlets have lower Mt than other weapons in 3H to make up for the double hit? Maybe that's what's happening here (maybe gauntlets only get the double hit on a Spd or Dex check here, now that I think about it).

found it, in the trailer after Alfred engages

I told you you're better at these things! Thanks!

EDIT: But Celine doesn't have the bonus the two times we see her Engaged, so either Celica is in a different category/ class that her or... maybe we're overthinking this and Alfred's skill just gives him a stat buff? 😛

If they're saving Alfred + the other box art character for later, I'm definitely guessing Etie or Chloe are next.

I think we saw Etie without Chloe in the first fight scene in the trailer (when Vander's narrating), so I was thinking of Etie too. Either her or Louie, since we haven't seen a lance, armor or bow unit on Twitter yet (Louie would get two birds with one stone, but Etie would stop Framme being the only girl covered so far after the two guys before her), so it could go either way.

Oh wow I didn't even notice the enemy weapon icon being crossed out. Nice catch and yeah seems like it'll be a fixed occurence

Yeah! The follow-up denial could really be a game changer tactics-wise and I'm curious to see how it works and how skills interact with it (e.g. if Marth makes it easier to break foes, will we also have skills that make it harder to be broken or ignore the break status entirely)? I imagine a gauntlet user (and maybe tome user) would just appear stunned if broken too, visually speaking, since they have nothing to drop by the looks of it so far.

Edited by DefyingFates

I think we saw Etie without Chloe in the first fight scene in the trailer (when Vander's narrating), so I was thinking of Etie too. Either her or Louie, since we haven't seen a lance, armor or bow unit on Twitter yet (Louie would get two birds with one stone, but Etie would stop Framme being the only girl covered so far after the two guys before her), so it could go either way.

That's what I thought too but looking back at the trailer, Louis and another unit are in the middle of the map (likely chloe)

image.png.eb2f867d7c97edb29db5311769fa7bea.png

image.png.bb850ec3b9f02f0fb899b9ef5e793a65.png

Yeah! The follow-up denial could really be a game changer tactics-wise and I'm curious to see how it works and how skills interact with it (e.g. if Marth makes it easier to break foes, will we also have skills that make it harder to be broken or ignore the break status entirely)? I imagine a gauntlet user (and maybe tome user) would just appear stunned if broken too, visually speaking, since they have nothing to drop by the looks of it so far.

It'd be funny to see a tome user to just drop their books. But yeah gameplay-wise it'd be interesting and I hope it gives a nice challenge for players and not just turtle on enemy phase.

EDIT: It's definitely Chloe, we see her later in the trailer in the same map

Edited by Crubat

image.png.bb850ec3b9f02f0fb899b9ef5e793a65.png

Good point! In that case it's definitely up in the air who'll be shown next, huh? Well, I look forward to finding out! I wonder if IS is already checking to see who drew the most attention in the reveal trailer and changing their twitter plans accordingly 😛

5 minutes ago, Crubat said:

It'd be funny to see a tome user to just drop their books. But yeah gameplay-wise it'd be interesting and I hope it gives a nice challenge for players and not just turtle on enemy phase.

I wonder if difficulty settings will change how easy it is to break/ be broken. But as long as the game is balanced around the new mechanics I guess it'll be fine. The penultimate chapter of Cindered Shadows would have been a nightmare without Byleth being able to tank stuff for me, for example xD

2 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

Putting Burberry clothes on your new Genshin characters, miHoYo? Bold move.

Hide contents

Her crit sucks. There could've been way cooler ways to do close combat crits..

Have to take in account that this is just the basic class. No FE game had very elaborate animations for the base class except for like Corrin's dragon fang.

4 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

Putting Burberry clothes on your new Genshin characters, miHoYo? Bold move.

Reveal hidden contents

Her crit sucks. There could've been way cooler ways to do close combat crits..

What are you talking about? Watching a small girl boot someone in the face is really satisfying.

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I actually have a theory on this. Since tomes and bow share the same color, I wonder if Gold (Martial Art) and Ranged (Tomes/Bow) will be advantageous against eachother, in the favor of the person that initiated the battle. I really can't see them introducing another weapon type so soon, and I feel like if they were bringing back an old weapon type that we'd have seen it somewhere in the reveal trailer. It also makes more sense than making these three into a triangle because well, shared colors on tomes and bow, would make for a weird inconsistency, especially when even staves uses a different green than axes do

A Monday update is... unexpected. Wish we had a clear schedule of updates but this is fine I guess.

Am happy to see Framme. Looks like her and Cramme will have an interesting dynamic. The more boisterous and upbeat Framme and Cramme being a bit more reserved but a massive fan of Alear. Will be nice to see how they work as a Cain and Abel type lol.

Framme's stats are a bit worrying but I suppose it counteracts the fact she is both offensive and a healer. Also I'm sure when she uses brave arts that her stats will be less worrying.

Did anyone else notice Cramme is completely missing from this video? I don't even see a blue icon on the map for him (in fairness the quality is low).

So we pretty much have confirmation that Vander, Cramme and Framme will have Alear centric skills which is interesting. Very Fates of them. Hopefully they are good long term units cause I will definitely be trying to use all three in my first run.

I love the inventory UI. It looks so nice and tells you everything you need to know. Very interested about that option in Framme's inventory. Apparently its 'chain guard'? I wonder if that's a monk class trait and boosts counter attack damage on EP? Possibly prevents breaks? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

So guess we can confirm weapons don't have uses but staves and items do (which makes sense). Very excited to see this back as it was one of my favourite parts of Fates. I always disliked inventory management cause of durability.

I wonder if the WTA we saw with Framme's arts (Is that what they are called?) was because the bow couldn't counter attack or if there is actually a WT with bows and arts. I wonder if tomes will also be included since they have the same colour icons as bows.

Again, I just want to praise the animations like wow. These battle animations are amazing. They remind me of a combination of SoV with some of the flair from the GBA games with the crits. I am so happy with the direction they've gone.

EDIT:

I agree with Vexal. I think it makes more sense if with Bows/Tome and Gauntlets/Arts that they have a WTA if they can't counter. I doubt there will be any new weapon types that we haven't already seen.

Edited by Azz

35 minutes ago, Vexal said:

I actually have a theory on this. Since tomes and bow share the same color, I wonder if Gold (Martial Art) and Ranged (Tomes/Bow) will be advantageous against eachother, in the favor of the person that initiated the battle. I really can't see them introducing another weapon type so soon, and I feel like if they were bringing back an old weapon type that we'd have seen it somewhere in the reveal trailer. It also makes more sense than making these three into a triangle because well, shared colors on tomes and bow, would make for a weird inconsistency, especially when even staves uses a different green than axes do

This makes a lot more sense actually. Didn't really think about that! That's honestly cool and would give you situations where if you'd want to use gauntlets to easily take out archers/mages and risk getting a WTD on enemy phase. I like it.

40 minutes ago, Azz said:

Framme's stats are a bit worrying but I suppose it counteracts the fact she is both offensive and a healer. Also I'm sure when she uses brave arts that her stats will be less worrying.

Did anyone else notice Cramme is completely missing from this video? I don't even see a blue icon on the map for him (in fairness the quality is low).

Yeah I think it's fine cause she's a healer + most likely using a bronze version of the arts. Let's say iron gives her 1 more mt or 2 and now she's dealing 12 or 14 damage. I think she's fine

Also yeah I didn't notice Cramme gone! uhmmmmmm ig he died, counted allies on the map from Cramme's video vs framme's video and its 10 vs 9, lmfao

Edited by Crubat

45 minutes ago, Vexal said:

I actually have a theory on this. Since tomes and bow share the same color, I wonder if Gold (Martial Art) and Ranged (Tomes/Bow) will be advantageous against eachother, in the favor of the person that initiated the battle.

Okay, this part makes it make more sense. I considered a two-way system too but it didn't make sense with the one-directional forecast in the clip, thanks!

41 minutes ago, Azz said:

if they can't counter

And this wrinkle adds a really cool spin on it too (unless a mage attacks from close range, I suppose). It'd explain the sudden use of Gold and Silver as colors as well. Staves being green could mark them out as being separate from combat (as well as matching with "green square = heal", of course).

41 minutes ago, Azz said:

They remind me of a combination of SoV with some of the flair from the GBA games with the crits. I am so happy with the direction they've gone.

Same here! I hope they keep the awesome visuals coming!

1 minute ago, Crubat said:

Also yeah I didn't notice Cramme gone! uhmmmmmm ig he died, counted allies on the map from Cramme's video vs framme's video and its 10 vs 9, lmfao

Poor kid! Maybe he's the one Engaged with Celica in the corner and Celine joins later? As a noble, I wouldn't be surprised if she joins a bit later on (assuming the early cast is your standard "random assortment of misfits").

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Poor kid! Maybe he's the one Engaged with Celica in the corner and Celine joins later? As a noble, I wouldn't be surprised if she joins a bit later on (assuming the early cast is your standard "random assortment of misfits").

Celine is included in the last clip we saw (which takes place in the same map) and also Celine is a sword user so that's definitely Celine engaged with celica

A Monday update!? Don't know what to be more annoyed by, the nonsense timings of these updates or people not knowing what Qigong is...
It would probably be more recognizable to people if they used the phrase "Chakra". It's definitely more of a Chinese thing, which makes me wonder about the "Fall" Kingdom we saw above the "Spring" one/Firenese and the nature of how Asian it will be.

Onto Framme herself, she really is adorable, always loved characters that idolize the MC (when done in moderation, Fates...). Pretty interesting that, given her composure when she was facing the Corrupted in the trailer, they call her "more confident" than Cramme is.

3 minutes ago, Crubat said:

This makes a lot more sense actually. Didn't really think about that! That's honestly cool and would give you situations where if you'd want to use gauntlets to easily take out archers/mages and risk getting a WTD on enemy phase. I like it.

I think there's a simpler answer to the WTA on Martial Arts here then the...rather complicated deal of back-and-forth WTA.
Dragonstones.

I think they will be a separate triangle between Arts > Ranged > Stones > Arts. Reason we didn't saw them in the trailer is probably as simple as that stone enemies are usually midgame foes and everything we saw in the trailer has been early game, so early that Alear doesn't even have them as an option, so we don't have a color for them yet. Maybe the "colorless" or "grey" we saw for Ranged weapons isn't that, but actually "Silver", so stones would be Bronze. And Stones/Breath is likely to be an enemy option, else what weapon the final boss will be using? Gonna pull a Velezark and go "All"?

Of course, Breaking a Dragon's fang would be an interesting question, but that's for them to figure out.

It is weird that the Martial Art (Bronze Body Art?) doesn't double-attack, since even the earliest Gauntlet can do that (or even unarmed!). Given that the entire gimmick of Brawling is the brave attacks, it certainly is a decision to have the early game version to be unable to do it. Definitely curious about the potential "Chain Guard" skill too.