Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

18 minutes ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

Im curious how SP works since it so far caps are 300 maybe the MP for Magic and Combat Arts but since Tomes are their own weapons again probably the latter.

I was under the impression that SP in Engage is a grindable resource for learning skills, just like in Heroes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, since this was only in the japanese trailer I think a lot of people missed it including myself maybe maybe not don't judge me but... any idea what the green portion of the enemy attack numbers is?

image.thumb.png.017d4782164f7cf1fa248d3e52cad420.png

This is from Choe critting that Hammer wielding thief.
Some think it's tied to the hammer because both are green, which could be the case... but those are some very lopsided numbers. Also note that Chloe has lost ~2 HP in this shot, which may or may not be a result of the green attack. Considering the order of attacks seems to move outward(we never see the 10 damage from the Marth/Alear engage attack, and it's the leftmost one), this could make sense.

I won't lie, this... looks like a form of attack stance to me. From Fates. A hammer dealing 2 Dmg with 80% accuracy to a peg is all kinds of backwards (14 dmg with 15% accuracy is more in line, especially if WTA really doesn't affect accuracy at all). But if this was from another enemy with completely different stats, it would be more comprehensible.
Besides, rings are basically a form of pairup. Mayhaps they're bringing back attack stance to balance things out.
Unfortunately we currently have but one example of two units close to each other in a fight (to my knowledge) :

image.png.f51af46a8fb2c5dfea730175c09db20c.png

... and no additional green part or anything. So potentially if I'm right, this only occurs if one has the initiative in battle (we see Chloe dodge at the start of her clip, and she has 100% accuracy yet the enemy is at full health, meaning the enemy initiated the fight).
Another problem is that the Thief is alone in battle. And, attack stance happened after the main attacker acted, not before.

Still, that's my theory. But idk, what do you think ?

Edited by Cysx

9 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

There's a reason people praise the game's presentation even if it also seems people forget what makes it so great, but that's a fanboy rant for elsewhere.

felt

54 minutes ago, Cysx said:

By the way, since this was only in the japanese trailer I think a lot of people missed it including myself maybe maybe not don't judge me but... any idea what the green portion of the enemy attack numbers is?

image.thumb.png.017d4782164f7cf1fa248d3e52cad420.png

This is from Choe critting that Hammer wielding thief.
Some think it's tied to the hammer because both are green, which could be the case... but those are some very lopsided numbers. Also note that Chloe has lost ~2 HP in this shot, which may or may not be a result of the green attack. Considering the order of attacks seems to move outward(we never see the 10 damage from the Marth/Alear engage attack, and it's the leftmost one), this could make sense.

I won't lie, this... looks like a form of attack stance to me. From Fates. A hammer dealing 2 Dmg with 80% accuracy to a peg is all kinds of backwards (14 dmg with 15% accuracy is more in line, especially if WTA really doesn't affect accuracy at all). But if this was from another enemy with completely different stats, it would be more comprehensible.
Besides, rings are basically a form of pairup. Mayhaps they're bringing back attack stance to balance things out.
Unfortunately we currently have but one example of two units close to each other in a fight (to my knowledge) :

image.png.f51af46a8fb2c5dfea730175c09db20c.png

... and no additional green part or anything. So potentially if I'm right, this only occurs if one has the initiative in battle (we see Chloe dodge at the start of her clip, and she has 100% accuracy yet the enemy is at full health, meaning the enemy initiated the fight).
Another problem is that the Thief is alone in battle. And, attack stance happened after the main attacker acted, not before.

Still, that's my theory. But idk, what do you think ?

I saw this a few days ago, it's honestly hard to say anything for now. I don't think its pair up attack though. If Chloe lost 2 HP in the fight then it also wouldn't make sense because that would mean the axe guy did an attack consecutively, as she didn't hit the axe guy yet. But the green portion is still really confusing, such drastic different numbers tells me it might be a skill or something. We have no idea for now.

49 minutes ago, Crubat said:

I saw this a few days ago, it's honestly hard to say anything for now. I don't think its pair up attack though. If Chloe lost 2 HP in the fight then it also wouldn't make sense because that would mean the axe guy did an attack consecutively, as she didn't hit the axe guy yet. But the green portion is still really confusing, such drastic different numbers tells me it might be a skill or something. We have no idea for now.

Well attack stance did use to be consecutive, but yeah, it is tough to say. As for a skill, it's a possibility but... we sure haven't seen anything like this in skills before, especially not with completely distinct accuracy. It's also weird seeing something so specific on a seemingly random enemy. Same for it being an item perk, unless the hammer can be dropped.

... I guess it could also be some kind of buff, like something provided by the boss of the map or something. It being a ring ability has also been suggested. And ultimately, it is a pretty big coincidence that both the weapon's circle and the attack are green. The other three weapons with colored circles thus far have been the Mercurius, the Ridersbane, and the Ragnarok, all blue and all gotten from engaging with an Emblem. This suggests it's not green just because it's a special axe, or the Mercurius should be red.

In any case, it's a seemingly new feature that potentially flew under most people's radar, so I thought I'd bring it up at least.

Edited by Cysx

10 hours ago, Cysx said:

Well attack stance did use to be consecutive, but yeah, it is tough to say. As for a skill, it's a possibility but... we sure haven't seen anything like this in skills before, especially not with completely distinct accuracy. It's also weird seeing something so specific on a seemingly random enemy. Same for it being an item perk, unless the hammer can be dropped.

... I guess it could also be some kind of buff, like something provided by the boss of the map or something. It being a ring ability has also been suggested. And ultimately, it is a pretty big coincidence that both the weapon's circle and the attack are green. The other three weapons with colored circles thus far have been the Mercurius, the Ridersbane, and the Ragnarok, all blue and all gotten from engaging with an Emblem. This suggests it's not green just because it's a special axe, or the Mercurius should be red.

In any case, it's a seemingly new feature that potentially flew under most people's radar, so I thought I'd bring it up at least.

On 9/27/2022 at 11:01 AM, Fabulously Olivier said:

I actually agree that Emblems might have replaced CA's and Battallions (not so much replaced as combined and rebranded), but there definitely are/would be advantages to CAs over Emblem signature attacks. That being that the rings will probably take substantial time to acquire, leaving most of your army without a combat art equivalent for much of your playthrough.

If Attack Stance is back, it is likely TO be the Ring equivalent for those that can't or don't have a ring on them. Remember, even Three Houses had some form of Pair-Up, through the Adjutant System. Since the enemies don't have Battalions or Combat Arts to respond back to not having Pair-Up, it's pretty likely they would have at least Pair-Up again.

at the very least, i don't think IntSys would be mean enough to let you get hit with Override or Warp Ragnarok...!

As for the weird numbers, I think that section with Chloe is just all kinds of FUBAR'd. Remember, in English, she was clearly way higher level than the foe, and while the JP vid have more even numbers and Dual Strikes cuts down your damage by half, I think she just have too much defense for this sectoin.

10 hours ago, KoriCongo said:

If Attack Stance is back, it is likely TO be the Ring equivalent for those that can't or don't have a ring on them. Remember, even Three Houses had some form of Pair-Up, through the Adjutant System. Since the enemies don't have Battalions or Combat Arts to respond back to not having Pair-Up, it's pretty likely they would have at least Pair-Up again.

at the very least, i don't think IntSys would be mean enough to let you get hit with Override or Warp Ragnarok...!

As for the weird numbers, I think that section with Chloe is just all kinds of FUBAR'd. Remember, in English, she was clearly way higher level than the foe, and while the JP vid have more even numbers and Dual Strikes cuts down your damage by half, I think she just have too much defense for this sectoin.

The english Chloe numbers are really difficult to take at face value though. She has lower max HP than in the japanese one, yet at least 15 more Avo, 13 more Crit, 14 more Def and 29 more Atk. It feels more likely that they tripled her raw combat stats or something. If she has one more Atk in the english trailer, which happens for other units here and there, the numbers match.

... doesn't explain why the green column isn't there though, for sure. But they went through the trouble of giving weapon circles a special coloring to reflect the situation (blue being for engage it seems), so unless the green is to display effectiveness, it probably means something.

... Though now I'm wondering if there's a red circle too, and what that could possibly be for...

Edited by Cysx

so i guess fe twitter just does it randomly and posting characters whenever they feel like it. Thursday was at least consistent but they ruined that lmfao.

I guess the only pattern rn is 1 character per week

5 hours ago, Cysx said:

... doesn't explain why the green column isn't there though, for sure. But they went through the trouble of giving weapon circles a special coloring to reflect the situation (blue being for engage it seems), so unless the green is to display effectiveness, it probably means something.

Green circle is most likely to be item drop.....as that has almost always been what green has been reserved for on items

The map animations look like they could use some work, though. They're pretty stiff when previous games tended to be snappy.

@Hawkwing I assume you're referring to awkward pauses in the map movement and not the idle animations? Thats just the person playing in the first three twitter clips. In the reveal trailer and Framme's twitter clip it was all smooth and snappy

Edited by Vexal

5 hours ago, Crubat said:

so i guess fe twitter just does it randomly and posting characters whenever they feel like it. Thursday was at least consistent but they ruined that lmfao.

I guess the only pattern rn is 1 character per week

They must've got tired of fans easily predicting the character posts, ahaha.

It'd be cool if they squeezed in another character on Friday or maybe even the weekend.

I'm hoping to see Alfred, Céline and Chloé...

26 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

They must've got tired of fans easily predicting the character posts, ahaha.

It'd be cool if they squeezed in another character on Friday or maybe even the weekend.

I'm hoping to see Alfred, Céline and Chloé...

I'm hoping to either see the red haired general (which i doubt itll happen rn), etie cause we've seen her a bunch of times atp but not her face, or chloe. Hoping for a friday reveal too

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

We have already seen Chloe’s crit so would they just show it again

True, but we'd also get a bio (and likely an introduction scene) via Twitter on top of it.

Also, Vincent and Crubat: I fear hoping for a Friday reveal is just going to set both of you up for disappointment. Don't do that to yourselves!!

Given that Vander is the 32nd generation Dragon Guardian, and Clan and Framme are the 33rd, do you think that means that Vander is their father, either biologically or via adoption? Or perhaps he's their uncle? They have similar hair colors, but Vander's could be the result of his age, and I don't think they're the exact same shade of grey.

Clan and Framme could also just have been chosen or volunteered for the position.

Edited by Corrobin

7 hours ago, Vexal said:

Green circle is most likely to be item drop.....as that has almost always been what green has been reserved for on items

That would be fine, if not for the green column. Plus, writing the name in green should be plenty.

... which the Hammer is, because things can't be simple

I kinda want to see the guy engaged with Roy next, otherwise I'm fine with whomever.

I feel like if we do get more characters, it will probably start with Alfred, Céline and co. then go on to red haired boy (Alcryst?) and his crew then whichever of the main four we meet next and so on. Or they could reveal all four of Alfred, Alcryst?, goth girl and dancer girl in the next four bios but Idk. If they don't go by recruitment order, I feel like they'll introduce us to mainly boxart characters 

I'm mostly interested in the boxart characters

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Given that Vander is the 32nd generation Dragon Guardian, and Clan and Framme are the 33rd, do you think that means that Vander is their father, either biologically or via adoption? Or perhaps he's their uncle? They have similar hair colors, but Vander's could be the result of his age, and I don't think they're the exact same shade of grey.

Clan and Framme could also just have been chosen or volunteered for the position.

I don't think they're Vander's kids/grankids, they're mostly likely the kids/grandkids of Vander's coworkers. The twitter bios probably would've mentioned if they were related

3 hours ago, Azz said:

I feel like if we do get more characters, it will probably start with Alfred, Céline and co. then go on to red haired boy (Alcryst?) and his crew then whichever of the main four we meet next and so on. Or they could reveal all four of Alfred, Alcryst?, goth girl and dancer girl in the next four bios but Idk. If they don't go by recruitment order, I feel like they'll introduce us to mainly boxart characters 

That likely the best course of action to keep the other cast a surprise unlike Three Houses where there wasn’t any. Maybe some of the Antagonists may get a post but I rather not. Probably the Silver hair Dragon girl will get a post for sure.

Notes from today's tweets:

-Emblems (at the very least Marth) will be present and talking in the story, not surprising since Marth shows up in the cutscenes.

-It was shown in the trailer but it's nice to see it confirmed that that you have engaging as early as that chapter, which I'm guessing is like chapter 4 or 5.

-This is minor but it's nice that you can engage from the menu and in the combat forecast.

-Interesting how even though Marth is present in the battle, he isn't attacking. Maybe it needs some sort of charging up? Weird since the gauge is full on the map, so that's most likely a gauge for engaging. Maybe after filling up the gauge, the emblems stop attacking to encourage engaging? Maybe we'll know more once Sigurd or Celica are shown. 

-Unsurprisingly, convoy is back. 

That's all I noticed, did you guys see anything of note that I didn't see? 

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Cool, they posted. Although I kind of forgot they might cover the Emblems!

That was a surprise batch of tweets (and I didn't expect Emblems to be in the roster either), thanks for sharing these and the translations, Vincent! Again, Crubat got most of what I wanted to say, so I'll cover the rest:

• Marth has a special title "Emblem of Beginnings". I wonder if he's special or if every Emblem will have a special title? That could be fun! He's also referred to as "Emblem Marth" each time. Hmm...
  • And Marth boosts evasion! Was that one of his skills in the trailer? Either way, it's nice to know a little more about what differentiates each ring. I guess Engaging will be an important mechanic if it's even higher up than "Attack" in the menu! Also as Crubat said, it's a really cool QoL feature that you can Engage from the forecast screen too, and its presence there hopefully means we can cancel it if it doesn't give us the extra firepower we need in said forecast (like how you can check how useful Combat Arts/ Gambits would be in 3H).
  • Given the location of the conversation, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the Somniel conversation we saw was available in the trailers. If Marth was "always watching over" Alear, it makes me think that the Emblems aren't the real Heroes after all, but rather recreations or snapshots taken of them at a certain point in time and preserved in Elyos (hence the "Emblem" prefix). That should simplify any time travel/ multiversal questions people have, at any rate. Also, if there was any doubt, Marth seems to be Alear's canon partner. I wonder what other Emblems will have to say to Alear and/ or if we'll see them hang out with other characters in Somniel?

Also, if we're getting Emblems in these reveals too it'll be interesting to see what order we get them in and who with. Marth, Sigurd and Celica seem to be the first, but we've also seen Roy and Micaiah so they clearly isn't unlocking in chronological order (unless IS is being really sneaky with the press material, I suppose).

Edited by DefyingFates

Yeah really nothing major to note. I like how when you select a character who has an emblem, they come flashing down, it's a nice touch. Also it does look like units and emblems do attack together but don't do any extra damage. So I guess emblems are purely for weapons and skills.

Céline or Alfred (tho I think it is Céline based on other trailers) seems to have a skill that assists people in two spaces. We also see Céline with tomes again rather than a sword. Based on how Alear couldn't equip Marth's rapier, seems like she can equip both swords and tomes, and then staves when engaged.

Looks like emblems will have three weapons they can provide. I'm assuming Marth will give his rapier, Mercurius and later than Falchion, at least to sword users/Alear. We saw that Sigurd gives Alfred the ridersbane and some other lance. Also it seems like four skills is the max an emblem will give, there doesn't seem to be room for more on the UI, so that means seven skills total.

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Given the location of the conversation, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the Somniel conversation we saw was available in the trailers. If Marth was "always watching over" Alear, it makes me think that the Emblems aren't the real Heroes after all, but rather recreations or snapshots taken of them at a certain point in time and preserved in Elyos (hence the "Emblem" prefix). That should simplify any time travel/ multiversal questions people have, at any rate. Also, if there was any doubt, Marth seems to be Alear's canon partner. I wonder what other Emblems will have to say to Alear and/ or if we'll see them hang out with other characters in Somniel?

To be honest, I thought it was like an after map conversation. We didn't really have the camera move for dialogue in three houses, so I thought it's like story dialogue. But the area is too close to where Marth was located in the original trailer, so you might be right.

25 minutes ago, Azz said:

Yeah really nothing major to note. I like how when you select a character who has an emblem, they come flashing down, it's a nice touch. Also it does look like units and emblems do attack together but don't do any extra damage. So I guess emblems are purely for weapons and skills.

I could've sworn we saw an emblem attack on their own but looking back, I didn't find any of the sort. Now this raises the question, why do we see three separate damage numbers on some of the combat in the trailer? I originally thought it was an emblem's attack but it seems not likely. Can units attack 3 times in this game? Maybe if their speed is higher by 10? or is it just a skill? Just food for thought.

30 minutes ago, Azz said:

Céline or Alfred (tho I think it is Céline based on other trailers) seems to have a skill that assists people in two spaces. We also see Céline with tomes again rather than a sword. Based on how Alear couldn't equip Marth's rapier, seems like she can equip both swords and tomes, and then staves when engaged.

Yeah in the trailer we see in her inventory a sword and a tome so she definitely wields both of those like Celica herself. And Celica was the one who gave her the staff.

31 minutes ago, Azz said:

Looks like emblems will have three weapons they can provide. I'm assuming Marth will give his rapier, Mercurius and later than Falchion, at least to sword users/Alear. We saw that Sigurd gives Alfred the ridersbane and some other lance. Also it seems like four skills is the max an emblem will give, there doesn't seem to be room for more on the UI, so that means seven skills total.

Not exactly true, although 2 are greyed out, Sigurd was able to give Alfred 5 skills. I assume you can unlock them after engaging.

image.png.fd012942bedceb6f9442f5ee95ae99b2.png