Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

Alfred still looks pretty cool. I feel like he is gonna be the "Eliwood" of the royals in this game, the calm levelheaded middle man. Granted, that requires royals of the other countries to be playable.

I wonder if him watching over Alear was a personal thing, or he did because it was his duty as prince of Firenese. Then again, there is a order of knights dedicated to doing that very thing, so that makes me lean towards the former.

Surprisingly, the more I see of this game, the artstyle starts to grow on me. I still have issues, but I find that the game, maps in particular, is looking better than I thought it did back when it was first revealed. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UI box bug definitely confirms early build footage most likely fixed at this point. Reminds me of Trails of Cold Steel dialogue boxes which is nice! I want to see Céline and Chloe hopefully she ain’t a bro con to Alfred since she’s one of my favorite reveals with Chloé I’m wonder if she and Louis are her retainers since that whole aspect of Fates seems to be back with Alear, Alcryst and now Alfred(which would make sense since it’s an Anniversary game). Would be interesting since Chloé might be Elusian which I believe is an enemy country so maybe a recent defect or for long while now which would be great backstory wise for a Pegasus Knight!

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

5 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Imagine if all 12 canon emblem ring holders also had multiple retainers. That would make for a roster size of at least 37 units (Alear has 3).

Honestly I would be pretty disappointed if this happens.

49 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

Alfred still looks pretty cool. I feel like he is gonna be the "Eliwood" of the royals in this game, the calm levelheaded middle man. Granted, that requires royals of the other countries to be playable.

I'm guessing there is, since the trailer showed off Alfred and those 3 other characters as a main group of sorts alongside Alear.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Actually the tweets always go out at the same time of day, it's just the day itself that seems random for now.

Oh I know! But you can schedule tweets on the twitter so that accounts automatically tweet out whatever they want whenever they want. I was saying that given how inconsistent they are, I feel like they don't have these tweets ready and are doing them hours prior. 

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm guessing there is, since the trailer showed off Alfred and those 3 other characters as a main group of sorts alongside Alear.

Uh huh, its practically confirmed at this point. Theres no different paths in this game, it's one linear story (which I'm personally happy about) 

7 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Uh huh, its practically confirmed at this point. Theres no different paths in this game, it's one linear story (which I'm personally happy about) 

That feels like a miracle these days.

10 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Honestly I would be pretty disappointed if this happens.

It's probably just going to be for those characters they designate as "main" lords (which looks to be Marth, Celica, Sigurd, and Roy at this point, and if I were to speculate, probably Ike and either Lyn or Lucina. I'm going to guess Lucina over Lyn to have a Bow Lord). They probably won't give retainers to the wielders of the others.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

So uh, I looked back at the reveal trailer to compare how louis and Alfred look when engaged with Sigurd and they look practically the same apart from their hair. They have the same outfit and I noticed in the trailer, I dont know if anyone else noticed but Alfred isn't riding his horse on the map. This implied to me that when engaged your mount disappears on the map and that similar to how Celica would probably grant you warp ragnarok, Sigurd might give you the skill that Alfred uses in the trailer even if you dont have a mount. It doesn't have a name but it had a whole cutscene so I assume that's his big skill. What do yall think? 

Edited by Crubat

38 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Agreed while I enjoyed that gameplay it need to take a break focus on THE story they want to present to its fullest instead of splitting them up for potential non conclusive plotlines that might result from it.

5 minutes ago, link16hit said:

Alfred having a axe (horse slayer) in inventory when he cannot use it? Weapon lock is back

Oh right I forgot to mention that! Also the axe looks.. unique? almost prf like or at the very least a special axe similar to devil axe or killer, wonder what it does

Okay, hold up I just thought of something. Brawling might not have a weapon it is weak to, because as we seemed to agree that Break is a WTA thing, how would you inflict Break on someone using martial arts? They cant just drop their fists.

Don’t mind weapon lock returning since I’m guessing the teaching mechanic from Three Houses wouldn’t make sense here. Although there’s likely gonna be a new way  to raise the base weapon level outside of battle perhaps in the Somniel home base via training ground.

47 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Uh huh, its practically confirmed at this point.

I wouldn`t be so sure quite yet, but I do think it is highly likely.

48 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Theres no different paths in this game, it's one linear story (which I'm personally happy about)

I hope and pray that this remains true.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I wonder if ASOIAF's House Tyrell might have been the inspiration for Firenese. The floral theme, and green, gold, and orange color scheme is consistent

I can see some resemblance. This makes me wonder if the King/Queen will be a schemer like Olenna and Margerey.

59 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Imagine if all 12 canon emblem ring holders also had multiple retainers.

Then it will truely be Fates 2.0 While I do want some characters to know each other, I don`t want the cast to be all lords and retainers. It offers up less opportunities for unique character circumstances and backgrounds.

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Okay, hold up I just thought of something. Brawling might not have a weapon it is weak to, because as we seemed to agree that Break is a WTA thing, how would you inflict Break on someone using martial arts? They cant just drop their fists.

The martial arts in this game are tied to magical body scrolls. You can make them drop the scroll.

5 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Their scroll base so no they can’t lose brawling since it’s punches and kicks unless they can get “stunned “ temporarily.

7 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

A youtuber mentioned they could look stunned since they don't have any weapons, which would look funny.

4 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

I wouldn`t be so sure quite yet, but I do think it is highly likely.

I hope and pray that this remains true.

I mean we see red haired swordsman from the trailer and the box art fight with you while alfred is on the team, so from that we assume we can recruit all the characters on the box art. I don't think it's gonna be like three houses where we pick only one lord, I think we go to each kingdom and recruit the lords there. How we recruit them might differ though, we could fight some of em or do some sort quest for them before we have their trust, we'll have to see. The clip of Alfred talking from today shows that he visited the castle and I assume that's how we recruit him, I don't think there's a choice prior to that to pick a certain lord we want.

Well damn, Alfred being a a prince from Firense is surprising. Guess that means red-haired fire sword dude is not Alcryst. If is the case Alcryst is Alfred's, and presumably Céline's older brother, he could very well be a dead man lol. Though Alfred is listed as first prince so idk.

Interesting to see someone else engaged with Sigurd. It could be Louis but it also could be Cramme since it looks somewhat like him based on the trailer when he was engaged with Micaiah.

Lol at the enemy having 100% crit. Also nice to see confirmation of weapon-lock. While I enjoyed the freedom of Three Houses, I prefer having a weapon lock.

Nice to see Etie and axe-boy. Looks like they could be related. They seem like they are Alfred's retainers but I really hope retainers aren't gonna be a big thing like they were in Fates.

Other than that, I feel like there isn't much to say.

48 minutes ago, Crubat said:

A youtuber mentioned they could look stunned since they don't have any weapons, which would look funny.

I mean I just literally said that but ok….

26 minutes ago, Azz said:

Well damn, Alfred being a a prince from Firense is surprising. Guess that means red-haired fire sword dude is not Alcryst. If is the case Alcryst is Alfred's, and presumably Céline's older brother, he could very well be a dead man lol. Though Alfred is listed as first prince so idk.

Interesting to see someone else engaged with Sigurd. It could be Louis but it also could be Cramme since it looks somewhat like him based on the trailer when he was engaged with Micaiah.

Lol at the enemy having 100% crit. Also nice to see confirmation of weapon-lock. While I enjoyed the freedom of Three Houses, I prefer having a weapon lock.

Nice to see Etie and axe-boy. Looks like they could be related. They seem like they are Alfred's retainers but I really hope retainers aren't gonna be a big thing like they were in Fates.

Other than that, I feel like there isn't much to say.

I don’t think they have a third sibling because they only focus on both of them in the Divine box also because if so that’s an overbloat of retainers which I hope isn’t a bulk of the roster but it’s looking to be possible if the MC and royals of each nation has one which would be lackluster for characterization with some exceptions like Alears group. But if they have the same writer prior or someone just as good it’ll be fine.

42 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I think in-universe being "broken" just means being stunned, so brawlers and mages would still be susceptible to it.

54 minutes ago, link16hit said:

Alfred having a axe (horse slayer) in inventory when he cannot use it? Weapon lock is back

It could just be that he just doesn't have the rank for it yet. If not... maybe it was an enemy drop? As I've said before I really liked 3H's freedom so I'm going to be a little upset if that isn't back 😕

42 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

Then it will truely be Fates 2.0 While I do want some characters to know each other, I don`t want the cast to be all lords and retainers. It offers up less opportunities for unique character circumstances and backgrounds.

In that case it may be interesting to have a mix of both: each Lord has one or two aides/ confidants, but the majority of the cast is the "bunch of misfits" from pre-Fates 🙂 Personally I'm happy as long as everyone is fleshed out and not just Fates' "talking singular character traits"... but I do appreciate that the cast as a whole could be a bit boring if they're all noble or noble-adjacent.