Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

Just now, Crubat said:

Do you mean Framme? She always wields staves since shes a healer. But Celine never wielded staves unless she had celica engaged with her, she can only wield swords and tomes (which is what the class bio also said).

Oh sorry, my bad. I thought you meant Framme as I never noticed that Celine could wield a staff before. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rose482 said:

Oh sorry, my bad. I thought you meant Framme as I never noticed that Celine could wield a staff before. 

Yeah, it was rare to see her with a staff cause I think there were only 2 instances of her having the staff icon on her

Wow, Louis has my favorite (currently revealed) design alongside Framme. I tend to hate armor units, but thankfully he seems to get the same movement as infantry.

Really interesting if they are going with the separated Sword/Lance/Axe Knights/Paladins/Armors/Generals approach again.

36 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

So we really seem to be going back to RD’s flavor here but this makes me even more concerned for how promotions work. Do we not get more weapons after promotion? Vander is the only promoted unit we see and he is locked to a single weapon despite being in a class that has wielded at least two in nearly all games.

From what I understand, you'll get more weapon options through the Emblems. Slap Marth on your Vander and you get (a limited) access to swords.

2 minutes ago, Safy said:

From what I understand, you'll get more weapon options through the Emblems. Slap Marth on your Vander and you get (a limited) access to swords.

I really hope this isn’t how they plan to give other weapons to characters. We have already seen that you can get a “same type weapon bonus” so you would constantly have to weight if you want certain skills on a character or if you want a different weapon on another.

3 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I really hope this isn’t how they plan to give other weapons to characters. We have already seen that you can get a “same type weapon bonus” so you would constantly have to weight if you want certain skills on a character or if you want a different weapon on another.

Nothing wrong with that. Depth is all about choices, and this is a fairly straightforward one. 

Also, because of bond levels, you're not going to constantly have to weigh that decision. You should have your dedicated emblem ring users figured out for your playthrough.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

Nothing wrong with that. Depth is all about choices, and this is a fairly straightforward one. 

Also, because of bond levels, you're not going to constantly have to weigh that decision. You should have your dedicated emblem ring users figured out for your playthrough.

Have we had any confirmation on bond level being singular? As far as we know nothing is stopping Marth from have a bond level with both Alear and say Alfred.

Just now, ciphertul said:

Have we had any confirmation on bond level being singular? As far as we know nothing is stopping Marth from have a bond level with both Alear and say Alfred.

Why would bond levels be shared with the whole army? It makes more logical sense for each emblem ring to have an individual bond level with each character, requiring that character to use that ring. That's what is probably happening, and if I'm right, you're either sticking each ring on one character for the whole game (maybe two if the first is temporary and the second is later recruitment) or using grind maps to get your overall ranks up. I know you're a grinding player, so this shouldn't bother you.

Why would bond levels be shared with the whole army? It makes more logical sense for each emblem ring to have an individual bond level with each character, requiring that character to use that ring. That's what is probably happening, and if I'm right, you're either sticking each ring on one character for the whole game (maybe two if the first is temporary and the second is later recruitment) or using grind maps to get your overall ranks up. I know you're a grinding player, so this shouldn't bother you.

That is what I meant, it seems like people where thinking this was like Heroes bond level where you could only have 1 hence the singular. Also wouldn’t it make more sense to swap them around, like Framme needs a bit more Spd or Def for a map you should give her an emblem to help right? 

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

That is what I meant, it seems like people where thinking this was like Heroes bond level where you could only have 1 hence the singular. Also wouldn’t it make more sense to swap them around, like Framme needs a bit more Spd or Def for a map you should give her an emblem to help right? 

Seems like a poor use of resources. You're sacrificing valuable time getting bond levels up with your intended user, and thus making the rings weaker than they could be, just to get a short term stat boost.

Seems like a poor use of resources. You're sacrificing valuable time getting bond levels up with your intended user, and thus making the rings weaker than they could be, just to get a short term stat boost.

That is part of the choices you have to make, do you want the stats to help, The skills off the ring or access to the weapon type. 

2 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Maybe it has something to do with balancing the units? Cause we saw some units who aren't promoted be able to use two weapon types, while Vander has a horse, so maybe giving him only one weapon type will make him less powerful. 

Well, so far, Vander and that other guy in the background are the only two axe-wielders that we've seen, so far. But Awakening more or less had an similar ratio and Birthright essentially abandoned clubs.

11 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Well, so far, Vander and that other guy in the background are the only two axe-wielders that we've seen, so far. But Awakening more or less had an similar ratio and Birthright essentially abandoned clubs.

We've got an Obi-wan on the IS staff:

'*Axes* are so uncivilized.'

10 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Don't forget Anna is an axe wielder!

Funny way of saying benchwarmer, JK.

I do wish they would just settle on a class and weapon for her already instead of jumping around like Anna after gold.

Yes, yes, yes!! I get to hear that amazing "No Damage!" sound!

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I do wish they would just settle on a class and weapon for her already instead of jumping around like Anna after gold.

First it was swords (Awakening), then bows (Fates), then axes (FEH). And that's not getting into the merchants that use lances in the former game... or reclassing shenanigans.

10 hours ago, Ziegenpeter said:

The second Louis combat clip basically confirms treasure-stealing thieves.

It's the same map from the second Celine combat clip, but this time, two treasure chests are missing on the map. Meanwhile in Louis' clip, you can see the knife-wielding thief we saw in Celine's clip, but this time holding a droppable item.

They seem to reach within two turns, too, which is pretty quick. Assuming their move is indeed of at least 5, but considering the thief can target Louis from 7 range again...
Great find, either way, pretty sure I'd have missed that.

As for stats duty... Louis has very predictable numbers (apart from the movement, though honestly, 3 move would have been extremely harsh). The only thing that stands out is that with such low Avo and considering his AS, he must have very low Luck as well. only 4 or 5, at level 7. The first archer even sports 3% crit on him... Luck has historically been an easy stat to fix, but that's still an annoying weakness for a tank.

And I really like his design as well. Neat that he opens his eyes whenever he gets serious. It's obviously very anime, but effective.

Edited by Cysx

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

As for stats duty... Louis has very predictable numbers (apart from the movement, though honestly, 3 move would have been extremely harsh). The only thing that stands out is that with such low Avo and considering his AS, he must have very low Luck as well. only 4 or 5, at level 7. The first archer even sports 3% crit on him... Luck has historically been an easy stat to fix, but that's still an annoying weakness for a tank.

Like Barth?

Anyways, are hand axes 2 range only this time? Because I saw no numbers for hit, damage or crit for the enemy in that Twitter clip, which implies the enemy cannot counter.

Edited by Shadow Mir

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Like Barth?

Anyways, are hand axes 2 range only this time? Because I saw no numbers for hit, damage or crit for the enemy in that Twitter clip, which implies the enemy cannot counter.

it's either that or marth might provide some kind of effect that prevents counterattacks when engaging

Edited by Crubat

4 hours ago, Crubat said:

I wont lie its nice to get these in HD

Agreed! I'm so glad we got a stat screen too! And I'm actually a little relieved that we're only getting repeat info so far, as someone who doesn't want too much of it 🙂

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

it's either that or marth might provide some kind of effect that prevents counterattacks when engaging

I think it being a perk of Engaging may be broken since they're active for multiple turns (until it's a Firesweep effect) unless it's hard to activate, so maybe it's what Divine Speed does? Thanks for pointing it out, Crubat and Mir both, I missed that!

14 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I think it being a perk of Engaging may be broken since they're active for multiple turns (until it's a Firesweep effect) unless it's hard to activate, so maybe it's what Divine Speed does? Thanks for pointing it out, Crubat and Mir both, I missed that!

Maybe it is divine speed since it triggers hereimage.thumb.png.2b9673d6c23e33b4b20ba4f622d85a1e.png

Though still not sure cause Marth had it here and it didnt triggerimage.thumb.png.76caa01c1871ba8c1c927837e783317b.png

27 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Maybe it is divine speed since it triggers hereimage.thumb.png.2b9673d6c23e33b4b20ba4f622d85a1e.png

Though still not sure cause Marth had it here and it didnt triggerimage.thumb.png.76caa01c1871ba8c1c927837e783317b.png

I mean, the clearest difference between these two images is that the one that triggers it is in the special merged form. This is also when Marth grants Mercurius to the Pepsinator. It is a reasonable assumption that every emblem would have a special skill that only triggers in this state. 

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I mean, the clearest difference between these two images is that the one that triggers it is in the special merged form. This is also when Marth grants Mercurius to the Pepsinator. It is a reasonable assumption that every emblem would have a special skill that only triggers in this state. 

But if it's only accessible during engaging then wouldn't it be greyed out??Image