Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

10 minutes ago, Crubat said:

But if it's only accessible during engaging then wouldn't it be greyed out??Image

Well, maybe not considering nothing is greyed out. Maybe they just didn't consider doing so.

The only other explanation I've got is that it is a chance activation that might go up with bond level.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Like Barth?

Hopefully not? At least he seems reasonably accurate.
... actually 111 Hit isn't too great.

... though Vincent brought up a good point in his analysis... every enemy in the second clip is targeting the bulky armor rather than the 1 or 2 HP Archer and whoever else is dying in the top corner. Maybe it's Louis' personal skill doing that. Either way, maybe he'll have utility in spite of his stats.

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

But if it's only accessible during engaging then wouldn't it be greyed out??

It's true that "Type Bonus!" doesn't really sound like "Engage only" to me either.
... although just in case, for this battle in particular, the inventory is a different clip, as the stats don't match. And you can see on the map that those two skills are greyed out.

7 minutes ago, Cysx said:

... though Vincent brought up a good point in his analysis... every enemy in the second clip is targeting the bulky armor rather than the 1 or 2 HP Archer and whoever else is dying in the top corner. Maybe it's Louis' personal skill doing that. Either way, maybe he'll have utility in spite of his stats.

I actually noticed that but it feels like a really strong skill to have, I'm just hoping it's not dumb targetting and enemies go for allies with the highest defense in attempt to make it easier.

30 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Pretty much a direct translation of the Japanese tweet that introduced Marth but with an image from the trailer.

Would be nice if it meant some new video is coming, since this is pretty far out for them to be doing daily tweets.

It does seem to me like if they're going to do a deep dive, they had better do it soon so as to have as much breathing room from Pokemon as possible, or they would have to wait probably a couple weeks after its launch.

7 hours ago, Crubat said:

I actually noticed that but it feels like a really strong skill to have, I'm just hoping it's not dumb targetting and enemies go for allies with the highest defense in attempt to make it easier

I'm just assuming that it's an quirk of an early build in an attempt to speed up playtesting. It's kind of weird how some of them are ignoring the unit who literally have 1 hp left, but here we are.

19 hours ago, Crubat said:

But if it's only accessible during engaging then wouldn't it be greyed out??Image

Isn't that an equip screen though? That would show all skills that can be used with that Bond Level (Engaged or not) at the time, wouldn't it?

On 10/18/2022 at 11:22 AM, Cysx said:

Hopefully not? At least he seems reasonably accurate.
... actually 111 Hit isn't too great.

I brought up Barth because he was one of those tanky units that looked useful on paper, but wasn't so good in actual practice. Of course, Binding Blade being one of the worst games for armored knights doesn't help his case.

57 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

"Hey, they like Marth, right? Let's just show Marth again with nothing else, even using the same visual we just used the other day." NoA (probably).

Which is really funny because the western fanbase that NoA is catering to has proven largely indifferent to Marth. 

If NoA really wanted to selectively pander, they'd be showing Lyn, Lucina, or Ike. Or Byleth. Maybe even Roy, despite us not having his game.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

5 hours ago, Crubat said:

Seems like NoA is doing 2 days of engage tweets then 2 days rest and repeat, this tweet tells us nothing though

I don't get why this tweet was necessary, since their last tweet already did the same thing (promote Marth) and gave us some info on him (his title). They're really making a poor case for you even bothering to change the title of this thread, to be honest.

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

If NoA really wanted to selectively pander, they'd be showing Lyn, Lucina, or Ike. Or Byleth. Maybe even Roy, despite us not having his game.

We've even seen Roy in the corner of some shots in the reveal trailer so he probably joins early on in the story. If NoA really wanted to give us something new they could have given us him and contributed something JPN Twitter hadn't. Of course not everyone checks the latter, but that doesn't excuse all the "nothing" tweets either.

But in any case, we're getting a new character reveal tomorrow (or later today based on your time zone) so it's not a big deal. I know I've said it before, but I really hope we get some concrete info on how the mechanics work soon...

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't get why this tweet was necessary, since their last tweet already did the same thing (promote Marth) and gave us some info on him (his title). They're really making a poor case for you even bothering to change the title of this thread, to be honest.

We've even seen Roy in the corner of some shots in the reveal trailer so he probably joins early on in the story. If NoA really wanted to give us something new they could have given us him and contributed something JPN Twitter hadn't. Of course not everyone checks the latter, but that doesn't excuse all the "nothing" tweets either.

But in any case, we're getting a new character reveal tomorrow (or later today based on your time zone) so it's not a big deal. I know I've said it before, but I really hope we get some concrete info on how the mechanics work soon...

And that's probably it. They're likely intentionally not showing anything that wasn't in the trailer.

I'd settle just for them at least showing some English versions of the character intros we've been getting.

4 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Yeah that settles it. This account fucking sucks, every day my envy for the Xenoblade fans grows. No wonder this franchise can have a hard time growing lmao.

Okay im pissed at weird schedule they have for tweets but saying the franchise isn't growing is wrong, it gets bigger with each game (except for echoes, which they failed in terms of marketing) and even three hopes got over a million sales so it's definitely one of Nintendo's biggest franchises now. 

8 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Yeah that settles it. This account fucking sucks, every day my envy for the Xenoblade fans grows. No wonder this franchise can have a hard time growing lmao.

Yeah, as Crubat says, saying the franchise isn't growing is a bit much. Engage opened their Direct! Nintendo doesn't do that with just any of their franchises.

That said, the lack of reliable schedule is annoying. Maybe they're saving up for the big mechanic expose I keep asking for?

I know feelings of persecution are commonplace in the FE base, but it's really just coming from toxic players in other Nintendo franchises. Nintendo is distinctly preferential to its niche franchises by publisher standards. Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Bayonetta, and ESPECIALLY Metroid get treatment far above their station.

Xenoblade's actually a smaller franchise than us right now. We're Persona tier. But that probably won't remain the case forever because Xenoblade is a unique game in a less niche genre. We're going to remain the leader in a more niche genre, and our growth is eventually going to hit a point of additive rather than exponential.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Holding out hope that there's no tweet today because we're getting a trailer instead. (THREE HOPES OR ENGAGE I'LL TAKE EITHER BUT I WANT BOTH PLEASE INTSYS.)

But yeah, it's just a little disorganized marketing at this time. I'm sure they'll have a more organized final push after Scarlet/Violet. 

4 hours ago, Seazas said:

being critical about engage is both fine and cool (e: and stuff in general, kill your favorites) but holy hell don't be this guy, other users

Edited by Integrity

57 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Yeah like, it sucks to not get new info obviously but this will have zero effect on the game's marketing or growth. I imagine those of us checking the Japanese only info tweets are a relatively small group of the fan base 

Tbh I wouldn't assume so, there are a lot of people reposting it on twitter and youtube (including big youtubers like PM1 and Ghast) so a large chunk know about it at the very least.