Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

Yes, Chloe's VA is Hayami Saori, who also voices Caeda, best girl Ayaka from Genshin Impact and Yor from Spy x Family. Her voice is so recognizable!

Her class is Lance Pegasus, and I have a theory that Cavalier is also separated by weapon type, but they all promote into Paladin which can uses all of them. I still believe Vander can use more than just Axe, it's just he's never shown doing so

Just now, DefyingFates said:

What's the second part of Chloe's class, if anyone can read kanji? The first part says "Lance Pegasus", which is interesting in itself (as it implies there will be "Sword" and "Axe" Pegasi as well, assuming those titles don't change dynamically with the equipped weapon (I doubt that). I assume the kanji just means "Flier" or "Airborne" or something, but that'd still be useful to know. If anyone can help, thank you in advance!

Yes, it does indeed mean "Airborne"

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mysterique Sign said:

We now have four characters from Lythos and four characters from Firene; are we going to show the other to retainers or move on to another country?

That's a good note, as much as it'd be nice to have more enough info on etie (Now that I mention her, they might use her to showcase archers), I'm really curious on the other regions and their characters. I'd love to know more about them

I'm thinking the opposite: Etie and Axe bro might be the last characters who get preview, since they're the only characters left seen in gameplay but don't have previews of their own (Unless they want to show some key characters on the box art too, which I don't mind)

12 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

To add my take on simple stories, yes simple ones can be good. Heck, Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance are both very simple and I think they're 2 of the best stories in the franchise.

I agree on PoR, but not so much on Sacred Stones. That one was decent at the start... but went downhill after the split.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Chloe actually likes fairy tales, not scary stories. Misread the hiragana earlier. Slipping lately.

Well that makes more sense, even though the contrast between scary story and beautiful scenery is more interesting

24 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Slipping lately.

Everyone makes mistakes, don't worry about it!

3 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

Her class is Lance Pegasus, and I have a theory that Cavalier is also separated by weapon type, but they all promote into Paladin which can uses all of them.

Wouldn't that cost the Pegasi their flight though? I don't know if that'd be considered a worthwhile trade...

3 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

Yes, it does indeed mean "Airborne"

Thanks! I imagine this'll also be the case for Wyvern Riders and Falcon Lords if those return as well~

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Wouldn't that cost the Pegasi their flight though? I don't know if that'd be considered a worthwhile trade...

I can’t say for certain but I think they mean all the Cavaliers promote into just Paladin. A Sword Cavalier to Paladin, Lance Cavalier to Paladin. So both Lance and Sword Pegasus Knights become just Falcon Knights. 

29 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I can’t say for certain but I think they mean all the Cavaliers promote into just Paladin. A Sword Cavalier to Paladin, Lance Cavalier to Paladin. So both Lance and Sword Pegasus Knights become just Falcon Knights. 

Ah, that makes more sense. Thank you for clearing that up!

15 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

No one said 3H was perfect, and as awkward as the reused maps in Act 2 were, you can't deny that IS were ambitious in trying to tell a story from three (four if you count SS) different perspectives.

True, but it's kind of weird how there's an similar sequence of events within 3 of the routes while 3 Hopes is significantly different from each other.

Ok, so hm... yeah there's not too much here.

- There are some weird inconsistencies between each time we've seen this map, even though everything points to this being turn one both times. The enemy fought by both Alfred and Chloe however, has the same stats, apart from the fact that he doesn't have 100% crit this time.

image.png.0e126123346d7b14f11d50065f805e6d.png    image.png.de9a147fbc768ce347a323b34f3c15a4.png

Chloe also has a generally better statline compared to Alfred. At the same level, she trades one HP, one Str and 4 Def for at least 5 Spd, 5 Res, 2 Lck, and ~3 Skl. Though she also has less Con, and since terrain avoid bonuses seem really high in Engage, not getting them could be an actual problem.

... that's kind of all I'm seeing of note. Also for what it's worth, I like the design, even though it is slightly gratuitous for sure. Wasn't expecting that hairdo from the angles we've known, and I dig it.

17 hours ago, Seazas said:

Marth isn't gender locked, NOA twitter confirmed it. We see Female Alear with Marth.

Additionally, we see Cramme engaged with Micaiah in the reveal trailer. But I did wonder if that was gonna be the case as well. Thus far, only males have equipped Sigurd, and only females Céline has equipped Celica.

Edited by Cysx

1 hour ago, Armchair General said:

True, but it's kind of weird how there's an similar sequence of events within 3 of the routes while 3 Hopes is significantly different from each other.

Another good point, and something I really liked about Hopes... even if all three endings felt rushed.

4 hours ago, Armchair General said:

I think with Three Houses it's mostly because a lot of the events (especially in Act 1) are kinda independent events completely unrelated to which House Byleth chooses. Like logically speaking Byleth choosing to teach the Blue Lions or the Golden Deer would have zero effect on Lonato planning an uprising or Miklan stealing the Lance of Ruin so those events always happen

Just now, Solaris998 said:

I think with Three Houses it's mostly because a lot of the events (especially in Act 1) are kinda independent events completely unrelated to which House Byleth chooses. Like logically speaking Byleth choosing to teach the Blue Lions or the Golden Deer would have zero effect on Lonato planning an uprising or Miklan stealing the Lance of Ruin so those events always happen

I was mainly referring to the second half of the game, since White Clouds was something that couldn't be stopped. I know that the first three or so levels, plus Grondor Field was kind of unavoidable, along with the two Imperial palace levels... And Team Slither's hideout. But while it does make sense for Dimitri to take the shortest route to the capital and initially ignoring just about all  of the issues that his own country is facing and the possibility that Leicester might aid him. And this geographical route also carries over with Verdant Wind, which is also justifiable in the sense of just how close the Alliance is to Enbarr. As for Silver Snow, I really don't know what to say.

I get that everyone is after Edelgard for one reason or another; but it gets old seeing your army more or less march through the same areas for an third time.

So I'm sure most people noticed this and I'm just slow, but I just wanted to point out this part of @VincentASM's post on the weapon triangle on the main SF page:

What’s a bit surprising is that Bows, Tomes and Daggers don’t have a weapon triangle advantage against anything. This might be because they’re all ranged weapons (Daggers has yet to be confirmed, but if they function like in Fates and Heroes, they should be). Also, Bows are effective against fliers and Tomes can target the Resistance stat. Maybe Daggers can lower stats?

I said being ranged could be advantage enough for those three weapon types before, but those three being special because they each have a unique feature on top of being ranged is a really interesting idea too! Thanks for pointing it out, Vincent!

Also, now that I think about it, adding a fifth color specifically to counter colorless weapons (and vice versa?) does sound like something FEH could do in the future, especially since it already uses golden stones in summoning animations...

Edited by DefyingFates

55 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

Ewww, the Chloe x Celine convo showed they are bringing back that weird panoramic diorama look that Three Houses used for its Supports. Just model the damn surroundings, guys...

Oh, I didn't notice that, well spotted! Even if the dioramas are back though, I think they look much better in Engage's more vibrant style. As I said, I didn't even notice until you pointed it out! And I think there are a few layers to the backgrounds this time? While the inside of the builds look flat, the bushes and pillars seem to be on a closer "layer", at least to my eyes. Does anyone else think the same?

1 hour ago, KoriCongo said:

Ewww, the Chloe x Celine convo showed they are bringing back that weird panoramic diorama look that Three Houses used for its Supports. Just model the damn surroundings, guys...

I never really noticed that, tbh. At least they've improved upon it.

A bit belated, and a bit of a long shot, but I wonder if the Alears and their colour mirroring might affect things about Alear themselves? Maybe access to different skills and abilities, different likes and dislikes... If that theory that they're half-Fell Dragon is true I think it'd be interesting if one maybe had more Divine skills and the other had more Fell ones to reflect that (though in fairness that comes with its own slew of problems, lol). I'm quite curious to see what that importance of their mirrored schemes means... 

I don't know, but I'd be all for any differences that they can add to make the two genders NOT feel the same. And I'm never asking for Persona 3 level of differences, but I really dislike when developers put zero effort into it. 

Like off the top of my head, I can think of two examples where the way female Byleth got talked too made no sense as she's a girl, and it just felt so awkward the way the writers tried to make it make sense. 

Edited by Rose482