Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

8 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Huh, that actually makes a lot of sense. I figured she would be the "Lilith" (Alear`s secret sister) of this game, but that could also work

Reveal hidden contents

I secretly hope she is actually a mole planted by the Four Hounds that betrays Alear later in the game, cause I think that would be a interesting take on the "little dragon girl who joins the party" trope FE liked to employ. That said, I highly doubt they would go for that.

Sorry but this cast is too goofy to pull that arc off I'm afraid. No one can take that plot point seriously with a tube of toothpaste reacting to it alongside a fake ghost of Marth floating there.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Seazas said:

Sorry but this cast is too goofy to pull that arc off I'm afraid. No one can take that plot point seriously with a tube of toothpaste reacting to it alongside a fake ghost of Marth floating there.

Fair point, I never expected Engage to go that route. I just thought it would be a neat idea.

Assuming each nation will have two nobles, we will have the exact same number of playable royal family as Fates lol (excluding Azura).

Anyways, I really like Alcryst and Diamant’s designs. Feels like the men overall have stronger and more unique designs thus far compared to the female characters.

Edited by zuibangde

Alfred and Celine are "Nobles" while Alcryst and Diamant are "Lords"
I wonder if Ivy and Hortensia will have the class "Princess"

@Armchair GeneralChloe is a "Lance Pegasus", so Pegasus Knights will probably be separated by weapon

Edited by Mysterique Sign

20 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

@Armchair GeneralChloe is a "Lance Pegasus", so Pagasus Knights will probably be separated by weapon

Well, Alcryst's trailer also had him going up against an Pegasus Knight armed with an sword. I know that some of earlier games did this kind  of stuff; but it feels like they're still holding out on an lot of info, though. Maybe each variant learns an new set of skills or something? Or that most non-royal units can use the entire weapon triangle as an compromise for something? As of now, Bucheron is still the one guy who's shown with an axe; so there might be an means of easily replacing your axe-wielder in case if the worst happens?

Edited by Armchair General

I know there’s 2 months left but Oof now there doing more than one…don’t know if I’ll still be watching more since it seems like they’re going to reveal every character now at this point I guess no surprises by release…..probably won’t read the bios or the interaction footage to keep going into the game fresh as much as possible going forward. 

Edited by Chloé Waifu Supremacy

Yeah, they're going all-in now, aren't they. Definitely a good time to leave if you don't want spoilers.

Beyond the usual stats shenanigans (both seem very solid statistically, though they're also at a pretty high level compared to what we've gotten thus far), these are interesting because of context. The Snowy map basically has to take place in Elusia. And since the team hasn't changed much, this is likely part of, or directly following the Brodia Arc, which we all but know follows the Firene arc.

Explains and confirms why the Desert royals aren't around in key story scenes, we indeed go there later. In general I think we can guess most of the progression at this point, lategame aside. There even seem to be one ring per country, outside from Elusia.

... scratch that last part, though. Someone in Brodia or Firene probably has Leif, if he's the next Emblem to be introduced. Maybe Alcryst, actually, that would fit to some extent. It's long been implied that Diamant has Roy, and then Lyn is in Elusia, which as seen above seems to be where we're going next. The only weird one is Lucina showing up there too... but maybe we simply don't obtain her then. Then our resident dancer candidate used Ike, so you just have to fit Eirika sometime around that part, and it pretty much works out.

Also the second part of the class naming (which here are "Backup" and "Spy" again respectively) might simply be due to the Lord class being so inconsistent.

Diamant has an Iron Blade in his inventory, also. That's a thing.

Edited by Cysx

Observations:

- Diamant's class's second part is "Backup", while Alcryst's is "Spy". Maybe all melee infantries get "Backup", while archers (and maybe thieves) get "Spy"?

- Blade weapons are back. Diamant carries an Iron Blade in his inventory

- Alcryst's map also has his 2 retainers: Citrinne and the pink haired sword girl

- The two enemy Pegasus Knights' models are different. Etie's enemy Pegasus Knight looks different from those two too. Finger crossed for varied enemy models to be back

- Armor Knights on Diamant's map doesn't get the red cross symbol for breaking. Are they unbreakable? Are armor knights good now?

- The Brodian princes' crit animations both have yellow fire-like particles. Which is interesting, since Firenese siblings' crit animations both have flower particles.

Their crit animations and the new music are also really good. I'm even more hyped now!

@Armchair General You forgot Vander, who is also an axe-wielder

Edited by kienquocsi

2 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

- Armor Knights on Diamant's map doesn't get the red cross symbol for breaking. Are they unbreakable? Are armor knights good now?

Missed that ! Yeah guess that really is an armor knight thing. Not a bad idea.

Wow two in one. I'm wondering if we'll get Ivy and Hortensia/Timerra and Fogato tomorrow or at the end of the week alongside Elusia/Solm info.

Interesting that we don't seem to have that many more characters in our troops outside of the starting lot from Lythos and Firene, alongside Diamant (and presumably the unknown blonde lance cav will be one of his retainers and maybe the blonde armour knight as well) and Alcryst with Citrinne and Lapis. So I guess it is gonna be a case of us having the two royals from each country and each of them having two retainers. A bit boring but it might create some nice relationship dynamics. Also I'm sure we'll have some other odd units here and there that aren't retainers/royals.

Diamant looks sick af, will definitely be using him. His personal skill feels like it could be akin to either gamble or parity which will be interesting to deal with. Interesting that Armour Knight don't have the break mark, Armour Knights having an actual useful niche??? Also blades are back. Hopefully this is a good sign for some interesting weapon diversity.

Alcryst also seems pretty cool. I do wonder if he'll supersede Etie tho like how Takumi did Setsuna. Will be interesting to see how our 8 nobles stand against other similar units and if they'll be inherently better. I do wonder what those blue things the lance users are standing on. Also unique NPC units based on the two pegasus knights is really cool, tho it could also be because they use different weapons that they have different designs.

With Leif being the chronological next Emblem to be shown off, I wonder if that means Alcryst is his user since we know Diamant uses Roy.

I do think these two trailers also give us a hint to how the story will play out now with my theory of us travelling around the continent clockwise being how it is with us visiting Elusia before Solm true. Tho they could also suprise us and pull a Brodia/Solm route split early on and have it be akin to the Eirika/Ephraim split. So by the looks of it we'll have our two starting chapters in Lythos, we'll have 4 or 5 chapters in Firene and then we'll move on to Brodia which makes sense if we're gonna be around level 10/12 for then.

I too would be as depressed and anxious as Alcryst if I was bow-locked. Truly that is a mood...

The Brodia siblings look pretty cool, Diamante looks to be a fun character. Does make question what are their rings? It seems like Roy can be found there, but we know Micaiah would be also found at this time. Is she the other ring Queen Eve have, or is there another surprise?

I don't think Takumi and Alcryst are similar at all other than wielding a bow and having insecurities. That's like saying Takumi is just a male version of Noire.

Takumi manifests his insecurities into anger whereas Alcryst seems to wallow in his insecurities Marianne style. Alcryst appears to dislike fighting whereas Takumi is out for blood half of the time in Fates. 

Edited by zuibangde

57 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I really like the princes designs. But they really are basically just clones of Ryoma and Takumi, and that's unfortunate.

Game only takes risks where it shouldn't have, and is way to conservative where it should have taken risks.

Hold up, let’s take a look really quick. Diamante:Ryoma, Alcyrst:Takumi, Horensia:Hinoka, Alfred:Xander and Ivy:Camilla… so who wants to bet they Celine is Sakura and the Solm pair will be Leo and Elise expys?

35 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Hold up, let’s take a look really quick. Diamante:Ryoma, Alcyrst:Takumi, Horensia:Hinoka, Alfred:Xander and Ivy:Camilla… so who wants to bet they Celine is Sakura and the Solm pair will be Leo and Elise expys?

I mean the Solm girl basically is Elise. The Solm guy... is Claude (well, he seems more like Zeke from Xenoblade to me, but I digress), just to throw an upside-down wrench in things.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Engaging and the Emblems have finally been shown off! Can someone translate this, please?

theres a new trailer if you havent seen, posted a new topic about it!