Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

7 minutes ago, Azz said:

Vander being an axe fighter could be a debug thing maybe? I mean, in the past for a SoV trailer we did see Silque as a Sage using Excalibur so it could easily have been a debug thing. The only other reason could be that reclassing is very much a thing but idk. It's very weird.

They just throw glimpses of things everywhere. Forging, chain guard, armor knight break resistance, smash, chain attack(and there's a count to it? Why? What does it do?), offensive staves, reclassing, etc... It sure is a lot to keep track of.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the characters on the website have their English names displayed, while others have their Japanese names.

There's the obvious Corrin instead of Kamui, but also the less obvious Lyn instead of Lin, and Celica instead of Cellica. But also some of the new characters like Framme instead of Fran, and Lumera instead of Lumiere. And for some characters whose English names we haven't seen yet have displayed name very different from the Kana, suggesting that those are probably the official English names as well. Griss is Guri in Japanese (this could be another Camus situation, but if the S was silent I don't think there'd be 2 of them), Marni is Maron, Mauvier is Mauve. But then there's Timerra and Fogato whose displayed names are their Japanese names (Misutira and Fogado) and not their English names.

Which means I STILL don't know if Clanne is his English or Japanese name!

(Also the Four Dogs/Hounds have color names)

Edited by Mysterique Sign

So what do we think the remaining Emblems do? 

I'm thinking Roy will probably give distant counter, and maybe anti-monster/anti-dragon advantages.

Ike giving biorythm and/or affinity bonuses just makes sense. And of course Aether as a signature attack.

Micaiah could have Sacrifice and mounted/armor effectiveness.

Lucina's gimmick could be time travel (divine pulse or maybe act twice per turn).

6 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

image.png.096cfb818d6709fefb8c8ad45cb2f2aa.png

I'm referring to this, the white text besides Avoid +30 and Healing per turn +10 is "Immune to breaking"

Gotcha. Seems like something the enemy will take advantage of more than us.

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'm thinking Roy will probably give distant counter, and maybe anti-monster/anti-dragon advantages.

Ike giving biorythm and/or affinity bonuses just makes sense. And of course Aether as a signature attack.

Lucina's gimmick could be time travel (divine pulse or maybe act twice per turn).

Sky's kind of the limit at this point, hoping for some Thracia goodness from Leif for sure. Roy and Eirika I'm mostly wondering what weapons they could bring, most emblems easily have several choices, but they... kinda don't, since Marth uses the rapier already. Maybe the Durandal for Roy and the Audhulma for Eirika?

Speaking of time travel, we still haven't seen a trace of the turnwheel / DP(to my knowledge). This was a very well received feature (outside of some of us challenge seekers), I strongly doubt that it's out.

Edited by Cysx

So Framme's brother is officially Clanne!
...Shame, was hoping they were going with Cramme, but I guess that would be a little on the nose.

Timerra and Alcryst appear to be the official localizations of Misuteri and Sturook, and Timerra is officially a Sentinel, officially bringing back the Halberdier line to the series! And Alcryst really does have one hell of a fancy title for Archer...

Diamante drops an e from his name. /shrug

I'm surprised Yunaka's name was kept one-to-one, expected them to localize it. As well as Boucharon.

Torrential Roar is Corrin's Engage Attack name, once again bridging the gap between FE and Smash. Seems like while Heroes lost the Counter Surge reference, we gain the Final Smash reference.

Seadall brings up an interesting aspect, he has Chain Guard, but doesn't seem to have the same skillset as Framme does. Is Chain Guard some kind of unique aspect of Qi Adepts?

Alear's promotion is called Divine Dragon, dropping the "King" from the JP title. Makes sense, makes it more gender-neutral and shorter.

Ivy's class appears to be called Wing Tamer. Since we know she and Hortensia share the class, will they change it for Hortensia, given that she doesn't share the same exact Typing (Ivy is Flying/Dragon, Hortensia is just Flying. Also huh, would give her great compatibility with Marth...).

EDIT: HA! Knew they would turn Lyn's Meteor Shower into something akin to Astra, even if actually makes it less of a pun! Shame they didn't went with Astral Barrage, Astra Storm is a bit garrish.

Edited by KoriCongo

Have not been here for a looong time. ..But when this was revealed and the more I look at it, I'm like..wow. Can't wait to play it!

I mean why not? Its got my girl Lyn written on it and the artstyle is pretty cool too.

1 hour ago, KoriCongo said:

Minor tweak to my examination of Timerra (I love this girl!), it seems like we seen both her unpromoted and promotion. Picket > Sentinel.

I think it's the opposite, Sentinel > Picket, since lv 19 Sentinel has worse stats than lv 3 Picket

Damn good eye, I never saw that at all.

Looking at the trailer again now, I feel like Byleth Instruct skill will be based on unit type. Covert being spd as we know, I imagine backup might be str, mystical will be magic and so on. Byleth will definitely be an OP emblem I feel like.

Ahah, they actually did go with Boucheron, apologies Satsuma !

... I know what it's referencing, but this feels like a constant attack by typo ! It'd be like... idk... if they called a character "Biird".

Still a chance they change it in the french version I suppose... Ah well.

4 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

@Cysx Boucheron is a French name

It is not, afaik. It's a french brand(of jewelry, etc). There's this theory that Firene characters are named after french fashion brands, and while Etie's case is a bit of a stretch, it definitely fits otherwise. Most of them also happen to be french names.

Edited by Cysx

Someone on Reddit pointed this out about Ivy's combat video:

Spoiler

0bjdisin1r1a1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=bb481588a4e0b63e476a137e9adae92cbb051c94

Spoiler

k10g3akt2r1a1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=5c1481a431e27c108587c05d52428d6d22f2ffc9

We can see Zephia over in the corner and it looks like she actually has Sigurd equipped (which explains how she can use Override). So this pretty much confirms enemies can use Emblems (and that there is a possibility we may lose Emblems at one point in the story).

Also, Hortensia with Lucina (which is strangely lacking in the English version of the trailer meaning difficulty differences/random Eng/Jpn trailer differences again):

Spoiler

yrdtqz8l1r1a1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=6bc997f9810279562b162453e1baa62898ff4f8b

11 minutes ago, Cysx said:

It is not, afaik. It's a french brand(of jewelry, etc). There's this theory that Firene characters are named after french fashion brands, and while Etie's case is a bit of a stretch, it definitely fits otherwise. Most of them also happen to be french names.

It is, it comes from the old French word for butcher

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boucheron_(surname)

Phttps://www.google.com/amp/s/www.houseofnames.com/amp/boucheron-family-crest

17 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Those sound pretty good. Maybe just dragon effectiveness for Roy, though.

For Leif, there are a lot of options:

• Stealing items, weapons, everything straight from enemies, or
  • A huge passive boost to growth rates and immunity to Critical hits while he's equipped to reference Thracia's Crusader Scrolls, or
  • Immunity to Break, or
  • Unlimited stamina to stay in the Engage form all the time / shorter cooldown to reference his immunity to fatigue, or
  • Guaranteed Crit on a follow-up attack to reference Thracia's Follow-up Critical Multiplier which meant that anyone with good FCM was basically guaranteed to crit on their follow-up, or
  • Access to all weapon types to reference his Master Knight class

I would have also said hit/evade buffs to nearby allies like Leadership Stars, but Byleth has some buff up adjacent allies ability and I think Marth gives an evasion bonus already so perhaps not.

For Eirika, probably monster effectiveness since Sieglinde (and Siegmund which she is also quite likely to get) is effective against them.

12 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

That's a family name. Those can be pretty much anything. It's not something you'd (casually) call an individual is what I'm saying. Céline, Alfred, Chloé and Louis on the other hand, you would. I personally know people named those.

Cept Alfred. That's Batman's butler.

Edit: Just to post something actually useful, here's a short video that's pretty easy to miss. It mainly has some unseen CGI here and there. No sound though.

Edited by Cysx

*ka-chink*

EDIT: Observations:

- The special tiles on the bridge map is called "Defense Tile", which gives +30 avoid, +10 healing per turn, and immune to being broken. Similar to a fort

- Looks like crit animation is tied to class, as Anna's crit animation is pretty similar to Boucheron

- I'm not Cysx, but 16 attack with a Short Axe doesn't sounds high to me. Her offensive and defensive stats seems low for a lv 7 Axe Fighter. How about her skill and luck though?

- As others on twitter have pointed out, this Anna seems younger than other Annas we know. She's shorter, has higher voice, is a merchant in training, and use hiragana instead of kanji for a word in her convo clip

Edited by kienquocsi

48 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:
*ka-chink*

So the teal tiles on the bridge are defense floors. They give the exact same bonuses as forts (it's nice because you can compare with kienquocsi's shot a few posts above).

image.png.de0d11c1d937fed935b785fa09cc2c99.png

Anna has surprisingly low luck(4) and is using a Short axe, though interestingly it's not 1-2 range, and considering her... height, yet her not being weighed down by it, I guess they're an equivalent to slim swords this time around? Accuracy... probably 90, with ~10 Skl. It also gives 20 Crit avoid it seems.
She has good HP and likely Str. The rest is okay to bad; she's level 7 after all. Edit : Honestly kienquocsi's right, even ~10 Str for a lv 7 Axe fighter is pretty poor.

... oh and she's an Axe fighter / Backup.

Edit: For a quick comparison with Boucheron, since they're the same level/class, she has
-1 HP
Presumably -2 Str (20 - 16, minus the Mt difference between an Iron and a Slim sword, so, 2. Of course the difference isn't guaranteed to be the same)
Presumably +1 Skl (I'm getting pretty confident about my accuracy numbers but, they're not 100%)
Presumably -1 to 2 Spd (Boucheron is weighed down to 8 AS and we don't know by how much. I'm assuming not a lot since he's huge and it's just an Iron axe)
-2 to 3 Lck
-3 Def
+3 Res

... honestly... unless she has incredible magic, or somehow Bld, or something... she seems surprisingly mediocre.

Edited by Cysx