Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

14 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Any bets that she has some sort variation of Aptitude or something related to farming gold?

That could be the case. She might be the Donnel/Mozu of this game, considering her incredibly mediocre stats, and her younger age

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

I guess they're an equivalent to slim swords this time around

Thank you, I didn't even notice that Short Axe has 1 range this time. Considering its description is "A light and easy to use axe", you are probably right

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only hope this Anna has more character than "Money, money, money!" Curious to see if her, supposedly, being younger than past Annas will play a part. 

One thing I can appreciate is the different playable Anna having different weapon types. Awakening Anna has swords, Fates Anna has bows and this Anna, like in Heroes, uses axes.

Good to see the talk icon returning.  

39 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

That could be the case. She might be the Donnel/Mozu of this game, considering her incredibly mediocre stats, and her younger age

That would actually be a pretty clever use for her, as it'd get two birds (having a trainee unit AND an Anna) with one stone.

31 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

I can only hope this Anna has more character than "Money, money, money!" Curious to see if her, supposedly, being younger than past Annas will play a part.

I hope so too. Making her younger than normal and a merchant in training seems like a conscious decision after all. Fingers crossed! I'm also glad that she has Supports again, unlike in 3H.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:24 PM, Ziegenpeter said:

Anyway, they showed a lot a new maps, I screenshotted some I found interesting:

Reveal hidden contents

45ToNIn.png

I've seen many maps shared taken from older FE games, but hadn't seen this one yet. It's PoR's defend chapter in Gallia! Love to see that map, thanks for sharing!

By the looks of it, all the remake maps seems to be paralogues or at least aren't necessarily main game chapters since all the enemies are called Fabrications/have the silver Fabrication colour palette. So maybe each Emblem will have a paralogue mission associated with them based on iconic maps from their games.

So we just got a bunch of stuff again ! Mostly Sigurd related.

To sum it up :

- Sigurd's passive skill is Canter. It allows units to use their remaining movement after acting.
- He grants usage of the Knight Killer, and also the Brave Lance.
- Sigurd's Engage form passively gives +5 movement to the user, and +7 to Cavalry types.
- His Emblem art, Overdrive, will go through every enemy in a line, damaging them all and emerging on the other side.
- They then show examples of how such mobility can be useful for armor knights or healers.

- The next two tweets just go over his Engage movement boost and Overdrive again.

- The fourth one highlights cavalry units(nothing we don't all know), and the image confirms that forests still slow them down.

- The last one confirms that any unit can use any ring.
- It also strongly implies that ring equipping only happens in the battle preps, as we thought.

Edited by Cysx

What did the end of the Sigurd trailer say, I don't think that was covered in the tweets following it. Is it this?

37 minutes ago, Cysx said:

- The last one confirms that any unit can use any ring.
- It also strongly implies that ring equipping only happens in the battle preps, as we thought.

By the way, I hope he isn't the only way people can get Canto. It's going to be unfortunate if cavs and fliers don't get it this time (i.e. I hope Sigurd's movement buff is just a busted version of Fetters of Dromi). Also, does Overdrive not have a limit? Because Sigurd plows through five enemies in a row in the second example, so if skills like Lunge and Draw Back are included that's going to be a hilarious (albeit niche) way of killing a bunch of enemies at once.

Also, we finally saw Eirika's icon in those early shots! This means we've now gotten a glimpse of all 12 Emblem Rings and are just waiting for info on the last three (Micaiah, Leif, Eirika). Actually, while I do like the in-depth look at Sigurd, I'm surprised they chose him over the six we still know nothing about. I imagine the other four from the first six will get similar trailers too, since Marth had a similar segment at the start of that Overview trailer.

Edit: I forgot to say this in my eagerness to speculate, but that FE4 remix is so good! I look forward to hearing the rest!

(And this carries over from the Overview trailer, but) I kinda feel bad for the Engage VAs, since it looks like each one needs to record a line for equipping each Emblem and each of their catchphrases (we've already heard "One Strike Will Decide It All" from two people using Sigurd and "My Apologies" from Citrinne using Celica in the Overview trailer). Poor folks.

Edited by DefyingFates

Now for the nitty gritty.

- We see Sigurd with a Level 7 bond here, and he does not have the Brave Lance yet. We've also seen a level 9 one in the recent overview trailer, and he did.
- This remix is killing me, it's so good. Sorry.
- We still aren't explained what Sigurd's second skill does. It sure pops up a lot.
- Chloé having 100% accuracy with a Javelin vs an enemy on a forest is... weird ? She only has 117 total Hit.
  - We already know Sigurd give +1 Mov, Bld, Skl and Def at Bond 1. Since no characters with him equipped seem to have boosted AS, but they do have boosted Avo,  this means he also eventually boosts Lck, or Avoid directly.
- Chloé sees three squares around her in FoW, as do most units probably.
  - Also something seems to happen as she waits on a forest. I'm not entirely sure what.

- The Knight Killer only has 2 less Mt than a Silver Sword. That should roughly leave it at 11 Mt, so it's pretty strong for an effective weapon.

- We're back to rivers of Thracia, and everyone is stacked. Goldmary is a Hero with a Lv 20 Sigurd bond, and he has the Tyrfing. Again she has a second skill and a fourth empty skill slot.
- Finally a glimpse of Eirika.
image.png.966719becce6b4578430adc1522d5c5f.png
- Alfred is promoted, and the class is named... Avenir? That's a french word for Future, or Fate(if this is even correct). It's promoted Cavalry, and thus has 14 Move with Sigurd.

- Next we see a new map, a snowy fort. Merrin overdrives a bunch of cavalry and kills them all.
- At first glance I'm not sure if this here is an important character or just a generic.
image.png.675c1a7baedd9d849ad3ce75689c9523.png

22 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

What did the end of the Sigurd trailer say, I don't think that was covered in the tweets following it. Is it this?

By the way, I hope he isn't the only way people can get Canto. It's going to be unfortunate if cavs and fliers don't get it this time (i.e. I hope Sigurd's movement buff is just a busted version of Fetters of Dromi). Also, does Overdrive not have a limit? Because Sigurd plows through five enemies in a row in the second example, so if skills like Lunge and Draw Back are included that's going to be a hilarious (albeit niche) way of killing a bunch of enemies at once.

Also, we finally saw Eirika's icon in those early shots! This means we've now gotten a glimpse of all 12 Emblem Rings and are just waiting for info on the last three (Micaiah, Leif, Eirika). Actually, while I do like the in-depth look at Sigurd, I'm surprised they chose him over the six we still know nothing about. I imagine the other four from the first six will get similar trailers too, since Marth had a similar segment at the start of that Overview trailer.

Edit: I forgot to say this in my eagerness to speculate, but that FE4 remix is so good! I look forward to hearing the rest!

(And this carries over from the Overview trailer, but) I kinda feel bad for the Engage VAs, since it looks like each one needs to record a line for equipping each Emblem and each of their catchphrases (we've already heard "One Strike Will Decide It All" from two people using Sigurd and "My Apologies" from Citrinne using Celica in the Overview trailer). Poor folks.

I don't understand japanese very well, but I think it was simply about how Armored and Healing units can take advantage of Sigurd's movement boost.

It certainly doesn't feel like Overdrive has a limit at the moment. And I agree that it's scary... although frankly, almost everything we've seen about Sigurd thus far is completely busted.

My guess as to why this is Sigurd and not Celica is that they're revealing Emblems by series order, but you actually get Sigurd before in game, since Lumière gives you his ring while Celica's seems to come with Céline. She even mentions her name in her intro.

Edited by Cysx

14 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Goldmary is a Hero with a Lv 20 Sigurd bond, and he has the Tyrfing.

Ah, thank you for spotting that! So I guess this confirms that everyone will get their signature weapon, but only at the highest/ very high Bond Level. I'm really curious how many (and how many types of) weapons each Emblem provides though: so far Sigurd has two lances and Tyrfing, Marth has three swords (Rapier, Mercurius and I'm assuming Falchion later) while Byleth has Failnaught, Aymr, Vajra-Mushti, Sword of the Creator AND Rafail Gem. Even if we assume every Emblem also comes with a non-weapon (I think Celica had a staff), that's still a really curious mishmash of varieties between Rings. Unless Sigurd and Marth having effective weapons is meant to balance their lack of diversity?

I don't understand japanese very well, but I think it was simply about how Armored and Healing units can take advantage of Sigurd's movement boost.

The person on screen at the time seemed to be armored so I think so too! If the trailer specified healers though, I really hope it doesn't mean they have reduced movement like in 3H again...

My guess as to why this is Sigurd and not Celica is that they're revealing Emblems by series order, but you actually get Sigurd before in game, since Lumière gives you his ring while Celica's seems to come with Céline. She even mentions her name in her intro.

Actually, if we assume the Emblems in the overview trailer are the first six you get in game, I think there's a case to be made that these deep dives are being done in the order that the Emblems appear in-game, so I imagine Celica would be next (since as you say, she seems to show up close to/ alongside Celine's debut).

although frankly, almost everything we've seen about Sigurd thus far is completely busted.

I look forward to the discussions post-release about which Emblems are most powerful, and how weird Corrin is to place on a tier list because she does something different on each map. Maybe Byleth too, if Instruct also changes its buff per map. Though I suppose Overdrive's usefulness would also be dependent on how easy it is to line enemies up too. Hmm...

Right now I'm leaning towards Byleth's mass dance and Celica's mini-Galeforce.

Edited by DefyingFates

Thank you for your work again Cysx! There're also some other things I want to add:

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

Chloé having 100% accuracy with a Javelin vs an enemy on a forest is... weird ? She only has 117 total Hit.

- That's not the only weird thing about her fight: Her first hit deals 21 damage, while her second one only deals 15

- Hero is confirmed (again) to use sword and lance this time

- We see multiple people with 4 turns engaging left

image.png.37235ef90037bcc94a54ece0328f9922.png

- Looks like Canter and the second skill can be upgraded

- For some reasons Louis engaging with Sigurd has 12 movement, even though we know General normally only have 4 mov

1 hour ago, Cysx said:

At first glance I'm not sure if this here is an important character or just a generic.

- She(?) has blue effect around her like the Emblems, has white hair and use tome, and the enemies look like they are wearing Fabrication's uniform... I think this is Micaiah's map, and she is the boss. Also, she has bonus against Merrin, likely against calvary, so that one more point for my theory. Can someone knowledgable in RD map guess which map is it?

27 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

- She(?) has blue effect around her like the Emblems, has white hair and use tome, and the enemies look like they are wearing Fabrication's uniform... I think this is Micaiah's map, and she is the boss. Also, she has bonus against Merrin, likely against calvary, so that one more point for my theory. Can someone knowledgable in RD map guess which map is it?

I believe that's the 3-13 map, home of the infamous 3-13 NPC archer that usually jumps down in melee against hordes of beasts and yet somehow holds that flank for a while by himself.

It is indeed probably Micaiah's most memorable map. It is a defense chapter, but Micaiah herself cannot move from the top of the map. You fight against the Greil mercenaries, generics + the units you trained yourself in the Ike chapters. 

The position is flipped here though; Micaiah is where Ike would have spawned, making her the attacker in this scenario instead.

Edited by Ayra

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

- At first glance I'm not sure if this here is an important character or just a generic.

I forgot to say this before, but I agree with @kienquocsi's assessment that that's Micaiah herself. The hair, red outfit and blue scarf are dead giveaways though for a second I thought it was a younger Embla. I was confused about her being on the map, but if this is a paralogue map, maybe even in Somniel to justify her being non-glowing blue, it becomes a lot more justifiable.

And while I liked the idea of having maps set in Elyos that just happened to be identical to older maps, all returning maps being these "dream paralogues" would also make a lot of sense.

33 minutes ago, Ayra said:

I believe that's the 3-13 map, home of the infamous 3-13 NPC archer that usually jumps down in melee against hordes of beasts and yet somehow holds that flank for a while by himself.

Something something, "we stan a king", something.

Yooo, the new "The Final Holy War" rearrangement in the Sigurd trailer. So good.

Also yeah, the map with Micaiah is 3-13, one of the best maps in RD. Honestly, bringing back old maps for each emblem from their respecitve games is such a good idea. Can't wait to listen to all the other rearrangements of old tracks.

Edited by Ziegenpeter

So there seems to be a bit of a mystery circulating in the JP web concerning the most recent Emblem Sigurd highlights on @FireEmblemJP twitter

Who is the Emblem on Timerra this screenshot?

unknown.png

- It can't be Lyn since she's on the same picture (1 tile up 3 tiles left of Timerra)
 - It doesn't seem to be Eirika, since she looks different (has a different hairstyle)

For comparison's sake: 
unknown.png
unknown.png

[Legend]
Marth Leif
Celica Roy
Sigurd Lyn
Eirika Lucina
Ike [Mystery] Corrin
Micaiah Byleth

Who can this be then? Is this one of the 12 emblems we were promised, or a different one?
After all, the dialogue segment with Lumera and Alear says to collect the 12 Emblem Rings, but this does not necessarily mean that there can't be more (for plot or DLC reasons)
The picture edit itself suggests Ephraim but I'm not so sure about that.

Posting better resolution pictures of Emblem Lyn and Eirika for reference: 

Emblem Lyn (from Nintendo of Japan website: https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/article/961fc100-f51d-4a6f-8267-3480119a4224)
24.jpg

Emblem Eirika (edited from an image from Nintendo of Korea website: https://www.nintendo.co.kr/news/view.php?no=VEd2b1hpTlhteVlhK21sNmdnWHlJdz09)
unknown.png

Since the video resolution is bad, it might be better to rely more on hairstyle and face-direction than the color.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

26 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

For comparison's sake: 

I've been wracking my head about that person too. I kept thinking it was Reginn for some reason, but I think whoever made that picture has a point about it possibly being Ephraim. That's really interesting!! Well, either that or Emblems change portraits when they class up and that's Lucina from another angle.

29 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

Posting better resolution pictures of Emblem Lyn and Eirika for reference:

Thank you very much for both of these, they look so crisp! I would never have thought to check the Korean site either, so thank you again for that too!!

39 minutes ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

So there seems to be a bit of a mystery circulating in the JP web concerning the most recent Emblem Sigurd highlights on @FireEmblemJP twitter

Interesting. As much as I hate the idea, it could be Kris as a secret 13th "Emblem of Shadows".

1 hour ago, Aggro Incarnate said:

I'd say it's extremely likely that it's Ephraim, and that the Eirika ring can switch back and forth mid-battle between the two.

On that same Twitter post of the same map, we (barely) see Timerra equipped with Eirika. Everything else matches between the screenshots; the same characters wearing the same rings (Ike on Ettie, Roy on Chloé, etc); the only difference is that Timerra has an unknown ring instead that looks like someone like Ephraim.

So mid-battle switch between Eirika and Ephraim is the most likely option in my opinion.

36 minutes ago, Ayra said:

I'd say it's extremely likely that it's Ephraim, and that the Eirika ring can switch back and forth mid-battle between the two.

On that same Twitter post of the same map, we (barely) see Timerra equipped with Eirika. Everything else matches between the screenshots; the same characters wearing the same rings (Ike on Ettie, Roy on Chloé, etc); the only difference is that Timerra has an unknown ring instead that looks like someone like Ephraim.

So mid-battle switch between Eirika and Ephraim is the most likely option in my opinion.

This is interesting and honestly I can see it
Being twins, the consistency of emblem and unit except for Timerra, the fact that you change Emblem only on the prep screen, and also that you were not the only one to make that suggestion when I brought this up elsewhere

Yeah, it's probably Ephraim. I know that ugly scowl anywhere, bitcrushed compression or not.

This is probably why Eirika hasn't appeared as often as everyone else: would spoil the surprise of having both twins in one ring. The question is HOW Ephraim is available?
My guess is that every ring have an alternative set of skills and weapons, either to represent a promotion or a Red/Blue swap. This is where we can find Ephraim, Urvan Ike, Thognn Lucina, and Pantsless Marth.

2 hours ago, Ayra said:

Ooh, thank you for the sleuthing, Ayra!

44 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

This is probably why Eirika hasn't appeared as often as everyone else: would spoil the surprise of having both twins in one ring. The question is HOW Ephraim is available?
My guess is that every ring have an alternative set of skills and weapons, either to represent a promotion or a Red/Blue swap. This is where we can find Ephraim, Urvan Ike, Thognn Lucina, and Pantsless Marth.

On one hand it sucks that the one time Eirika seemingly makes a solo appearance she gets overshadowed by her brother yet again - especially if this is true and she switches out for someone else entirely while everyone else just gets a weapon and outfit switch. And especially especially when we've already seen other Emblems with multiple weapon types (I was personally hoping Eirika would use Reginleif like her Brave alt in Heroes).

On the other hand, I can't deny that's a neat gimmick to have, especially if both twins had completely different Synchro and Engage skills on top of having different weapons. Maybe they'd share the Sacred Twins between them; for example Eirika has Sieglinde, Latona and Gleipnir while Ephraim has Siegmund, Nidhogg and Garm (if there's a 3 weapon limit) with one of them also having a horse?

I wonder what that means for the opposite Corrin and Byleth genders too. I can already imagine all the arguments about Eirika/ Ephraim being treated equal to gender swaps - or people complaining about Eliwood and Hector being left out (justifiable) or the Fates Royals (less justifiable), even if those two getting the same treatment as the Avatars seems funny (in a good way) to me.

...also yes, if the reason why Eirika is the last to appear in promo material really is that she has a completely different function to the other Rings, that would make me a little happy as well I suppose. Even if it just means she gets half the screentime of the others.

tl;dr: As an Eirika fan I'm upset at the prospect of her sharing screen time with Ephraim, but if I detach myself I can see potential for a lot of interesting mechanics. I just hope Eirika and Ephraim individually aren't lackluster to justify the toggle. Also I'm curious what their Emblem will be called too: the "Twin Emblem"?

Okay, I'm done whining. On with the discussions! Hopefully the next reveal will be another story tidbit or non-Emblem or Anna character reveal I can skip again 😛

Edited by DefyingFates

I sit on the side of just wanting Ephraim in any form. As his own ring? Cool. Sharing a twin ring mechanic with Eirika? Also cool.

The whole x character would overshadow y character issue is beyond irrelevant. Your need for one character to have spotlight does not overshadow my desire to have one of my favorite lords in the game.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

I sit on the side of just wanting Ephraim in any form.

The whole x character would overshadow y character issue is beyond irrelevant. Your need for one character to have spotlight does not overshadow my desire to have one of my favorite lords in the game.

That's fair. As I said at the end of that post, I was just venting for a little bit before getting back on track. I do think the twin mechanic (if true) would be really interesting if done well!

2 hours ago, Safy said:

Interesting. As much as I hate the idea, it could be Kris as a secret 13th "Emblem of Shadows".

FE9 and 10 got reps each despite being set in the same era so the Marth sequel missing a spot was always odd, so I think this could be a possibility too. It'd fit Kris' place in Archanea's history too, right?

Honestly would be down for the Eirika ring to have a twin ability where Ephraim appears (as much as I would also like Eirika to have a solo appearance, I think her ring have two heroes makes the most sense out of all the rings).

As for Sigurd, firstly the music is *chef kiss*. I feel like Siggy and Byleth are competing for best emblems tbh. Giving everyone amazing move (+7 for cavalry is insane) plus Override which kills a whole row of enemies (with no mentioned limit as of yet) is quite the skill. We don't even know what his other two skills do, but between giving canto, extra mov and Override, it sure is a set and if it is true at one point Zephia has access to him, she's gonna be a scary boss to deal with. Also nice to see he gets Tyrfing eventually.

By the looks of it, at Bond Lv. 20 is when units get access to all Emblems have to offer. Either that or SP will come into play in some way to access skills and new engage weapons. I also hope you can use SP to grind bond level cause if you have multiple units using the same Emblem, I can't imagine getting to max bond will be easy.

26 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I wonder what that means for the opposite Corrin and Byleth genders too. I can already imagine all the arguments about Eirika/ Ephraim being treated equal to gender swaps - or people complaining about Eliwood and Hector being left out (justifiable) or the Fates Royals (less justifiable), even if those two getting the same treatment as the Avatars seems funny (in a good way) to me.

I very much doubt it means anything, but...

Female Alear's engage form with Byleth (where she Aymr an axe armor) was clearly inspired by female Byleth and not male Byleth. For example, she had the medallion on her chest from female Byleth instead of the crest of flame logo from male Byleth (that was present on all the males we've seen engaged with Byleth).

Does it mean that female Byleth is in? Nah, probably not. We have seen the unknown "emo skull girl" start the engage animation with male Byleth (but not the result), and it's far more likely that female character engaging with male Byleth = outfit inspired by female Byleth instead. A bit odd, but understandable.

Regarding people complaining regarding Ephraim, I think it's probably Alm fans that would be most upset with Ephraim being in and not him. 

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

FE9 and 10 got reps each despite being set in the same era so the Marth sequel missing a spot was always odd, so I think this could be a possibility too. It'd fit Kris' place in Archanea's history too, right?

Yeah, Kris is basically Marth's shadow and the unsung hero behind the scenes in New Mystery.

But I agree with what folks have said, it's likely Ephraim, the hair colour is close to his. Some kind of twin ring mechanic with Eirika would be really cool and make Eirika/Ephraim special and stand out from the rest of the rings. Maybe they can be used together or split up to fight separately and even swap places on the map.