Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

4 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

100% crit though? I'm guessing that's either debugging weirdness or whatever they heck they did behind the scenes to set up the scenario before recording the video. You can just make enemies hit harder rather than giving them guaranteed crits. If it's not a joke though, then I can see 100% crit enemies more or less having a "kill this foe IMMEDIETALY" sign over their head at all times. They would certainly be an interesting opponent to deal with. Maybe not a fun one, but an interesting foe.

Yeah, I ain't liking that. I already complain a lot about how useless crit is for the player relative to how useful it is for the enemy and that they need to be nerfed, and seeing that ain't helping. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Animation wise, I'm concerned that the map movement will remain stiff, but the combat remain fun to watch. I particularly like how the enemy cavalier flips off their horse. That's a pretty fun defeat animation.

Not sure how many times I'm gonna have to point to the reveal trailer at this point where map movement is as fluid as it is in past games....

100% crit though? I'm guessing that's either debugging weirdness or whatever they heck they did behind the scenes to set up the scenario before recording the video. You can just make enemies hit harder rather than giving them guaranteed crits. If it's not a joke though, then I can see 100% crit enemies more or less having a "kill this foe IMMEDIETALY" sign over their head at all times. They would certainly be an interesting opponent to deal with. Maybe not a fun one, but an interesting foe.

Apparently, Petra had 100% crit in a trailer for 3H before, and given how close the damage dealt is to eachother, it's definitely setup through a debug menu before recording, as both are using iron weapons

Anyways....Alfred Trailer.

-He likes flowers. Best character confirmed. I imagine most of his supports will be focused around his ideals, either them being challenged or him promoting them.

-Despite us being back to the 100 exp system, he got....surprisingly little exp for getting a kill....Not sure if I just didn't notice in past footage but he only got  what looke to be 18 exp in this one. Only thing I can think of is he's promoted?

-Weapon lock, or what seems to be a weapon lock. I'm all for this honestly. As great as the freeform character building could be in 3H, lack of certain restrictions (such as limiting how many of each mounted type you could have) made everything end up homogenized. There is a reason "Just go Wyvern Lord" is a thing that works for most characters in the game. Including a character that would NORMALLY be a dedicated mage. Yes, there was very, very slight differences from character to character, but most of that was from the weapon ranks and not the classes themselves. It's possible the axe Alfred has is just above whatever axe rank he has or has some sort of restriction, however.

-Now that we know for sure there is no pattern on what day they're releasing these on, watch them start picking randomized times to release info on.

Edited by Vexal

There’s pretty much 16 weeks left till release so every potential playable character so far on the Engage page that includes Anna matches up with a few leaked ones missing so thankfully it won’t be everyone hopefully no double downs i. While Emblem characters will take 10 weeks with the one coming later this week so 6 weeks to fill that missing spot hopefully no villain reveals like Three Houses unless they’re VERY minor ones. Hopefully they run down the gameplay mechanics(I’m sure there’s probably gonna be a focus direct on it to boost marketing but any news helps with the wait).

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

1 hour ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

Hopefully they run down the gameplay mechanics(I’m sure there’s probably gonna be a focus direct on it to boost marketing but any news helps with the wait).

That's what I'm looking forward to the most too. We learned a lot about 3H's and even SoV's mechanics ahead of time, so I'm sure we'll hear something about Engage's... right? There's a surprising amount to unpack already from just the reveal and these tweets!!

10 hours ago, Vexal said:

-Weapon lock, or what seems to be a weapon lock. I'm all for this honestly. As great as the freeform character building could be in 3H, lack of certain restrictions (such as limiting how many of each mounted type you could have) made everything end up homogenized. There is a reason "Just go Wyvern Lord" is a thing that works for most characters in the game. Including a character that would NORMALLY be a dedicated mage.

Honestly, I'd say the limited amount of good flying battalions in 3H makes it such that I'd want to limit my fliers anyway. Especially on Azure Moon.

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Honestly, I'd say the limited amount of good flying battalions in 3H makes it such that I'd want to limit my fliers anyway. Especially on Azure Moon.

I never played on Maddening due to how it goes about modifying things, so that could potentially change my mind if I was into the type of difficulty that Maddening provided, but on the difficulties that weren't released as an update, nothing ever really warranted limiting your fliers, as battalions were more of a "nice to have" rather than a must

19 minutes ago, Vexal said:

I never played on Maddening due to how it goes about modifying things, so that could potentially change my mind if I was into the type of difficulty that Maddening provided, but on the difficulties that weren't released as an update, nothing ever really warranted limiting your fliers, as battalions were more of a "nice to have" rather than a must

Maybe, but honestly, it's saying something that even the characters that are theoretically discouraged from using battalions (Felix and Catherine), and those with weaknesses in authority (Felix again, Caspar, Hilda, Hapi) are better with a battalion than without in actual practice. And that many of the paralogue battalions are really good. As a result, I'd much rather have a grounded unit with something like Goneril Valkyries than another wyvern lord that has to use a lower-end flying battalion or even no battalion.

4 minutes ago, Troublesome Knight said:

Anyway, no one seems to have mentioned this and admittedly I just noticed it myself, but Alfred's horse is a unicorn. I wonder if that's significant? We've had pegasi in the series since the beginning, but I think this is the first time there's been unicorns in an FE game.

It's possible it's just part of the armor. Falcoknights through most of the series also had the pegasi with horns, but it was part of the armor. So it could be the same here... or it might truly be a unicorn, perhaps.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's possible it's just part of the armor. Falcoknights through most of the series also had the pegasi with horns, but it was part of the armor. So it could be the same here... or it might truly be a unicorn, perhaps.

Ah, yeah. It does look like it might just be part of the armor. But it would be cool if it really was a unicorn. I don't think I've seen that type of armor headpiece on a non-pegasus before.

Edited by Troublesome Knight

Notes:

• DAGGERS
  • There's a fog of war map and it seems like you can light torches!
  • First map shown seems to be missing Alear in the party? Are they just not playable in this map or do they show up later? It might be Alear that's engaged with Sigurd but they've almost always shown Alear being with Marth and the one who's engaged with Sigurd is Alfred. Not clear enough for now. Map tricked me, he's there.
  • Celine's sword at the top of her inventory seems like it's a bronze version? It seems to be similar to the body art that Framme uses.
  • Armorslayer in Celine's inventory
  • 2nd map has only 4 playable units? 2nd map has two batches of units starting in 2 completely different sides of the map. This seems really interesting to me, there seems to be a lot of variety when it comes to map design.

That's all I noticed, I'm liking Celine a lot! Especially her teatime crit line

Edited by Crubat

9 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Notes:

• First map shown seems to be missing Alear in the party? Are they just not playable in this map or do they show up later? It might be Alear that's engaged with Sigurd but they've almost always shown Alear being with Marth and the one who's engaged with Sigurd is Alfred. Not clear enough for now.

You can see someone with the Marth ring (most probably Alear) at the very top of the FoW map (right before Celine attacks).

Edited by Ziegenpeter

2 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

You can the someone with the Marth ring (most probably Alear) at the very top of the FoW map (right before Celine attacks).

wtf, you're right. I was mostly focusing on the map, which doesn't seem to have any blue units listed there. So weird. Thank you!

Just now, Crubat said:

wtf, you're right. I was mostly focusing on the map, which doesn't seem to have any blue units listed there. So weird. Thank you!

Np. Also the second map has 8 playable units (the second batch is in the top right corner). Pretty interesting starting positioning.

Anyway, can someone remind me if we've seen enemy thiefs going for chests so far?

1 minute ago, Ziegenpeter said:

Np. Also the second map has 8 playable units (the second batch is in the top right corner). Pretty interesting starting positioning.

Thank you for correcting me again, I'll edit my post.

2 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

Anyway, can someone remind me if we've seen enemy thiefs going for chests so far?

I think in the 2nd map in celine's clip, the axe enemy is a thief and they're probably going for the chests. But no we haven't seen actual footage of thieves going to chests.

46 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Notes:

• DAGGERS
  • There's a fog of war map and it seems like you can light torches!
  •  2nd map has two batches of units starting in 2 completely different sides of the map. This seems really interesting to me, there seems to be a lot of variety when it comes to map design.

That's all I noticed, I'm liking Celine a lot! Especially her teatime crit line

liking celine so far. 

also, nice details! it really become apparent they take extra care toward map design this time around compared to 3H. a good sign at least to me

11 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Celine’s outfit just isn’t working for me, the bikini top with ball gown skirt just clashes to much. What is with this game and making clashing outfit choices?

didnt pay attention to her outfit since her outfit when merged with celica still stuck in my head... 

i agree though, the outfit clashes haphazardly . i think this is mostly artist ideas more than IS fault. since the artist did design some bizarre, clashing, and uneven or asymmetric character outfit (just like the weird hair)

Edited by joevar

52 minutes ago, Crubat said:

DAGGERS

Thanks! The twitter vieo was blurry at first so I assumed they were staves (I forgot those are green in Engage). I know it's a hot take but I'm happy to see them back. They're silver too, which may support the theory of a new "gauntlets/ dragon breath > ranged weapons > gauntlets/ dragon breath" weapon system.

54 minutes ago, Crubat said:

There's a fog of war map and it seems like you can light torches!

And it looks like you will always be able to see torch locations on the map regardless of whether their surroundings are lit up as well. That's a really useful QoL feature for this map type! Enemy units always have perfect visibility in them, so being able to balance the scales like that is great. I know letting them extinguish torches would make the mechanic even more interesting but... I kinda hope they don't xD

57 minutes ago, Crubat said:

2nd map has two batches of units starting in 2 completely different sides of the map. This seems really interesting to me, there seems to be a lot of variety when it comes to map design.

This is particularly interesting if we take the levels at face value and assume that it's an early map. I don't think any game started adding tricky scenarios like that so early in the past, right? That's a promising sign!

---

One thing I noticed about the first clip is Celine breaking the enemy and the break preview being shown over the axe unit to the north as she moves in the second battle map: again, it seems breaking is tied to the weapon triangle, but not only does the enemy in the first lose their attack, the preview shows Celine is unable to make her next attack too. I don't think we've seen that before: maybe slim weapons are more likely to cause breaks but trade the follow-up attack (or the UI has been updated since the previous reveal and won't show attacks if you're going to get a crit, which could be useful for planning moves at the cost of removing the surprise of getting a crit).

13 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Celine’s outfit just isn’t working for me, the bikini top with ball gown skirt just clashes to much. What is with this game and making clashing outfit choices?

I don't hate it myself, but it does baffle me. How is she getting anything done with such a poofy skirt?! But there is a wardrobe feature, and maybe other classes will have fixed outfits so this shouldn't be too big of an issue - I hope.

1 hour ago, Crubat said:

Map tricked me, he's there.

You only see him at the veeeeery end of the clip and briefly at that, so you're fine 😛 But who knows, we may get some chapters without him, like how the 3H Lords are absent from an early 3H mission.

---

Celine and Alfred are both listed as Nobles but have different proficiencies and movement types. Either this is something like the GBA class system (e.g. Eirika and Ephraim having the same class but different weapons) or classes are even more loosely defined than in 3H. I like that idea, but I've learned from this thread that a lot of people don't 😕

33 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

One thing I noticed about the first clip is Celine breaking the enemy and the break preview being shown over the axe unit to the north as she moves in the second battle map: again, it seems breaking is tied to the weapon triangle, but not only does the enemy in the first lose their attack, the preview shows Celine is unable to make her next attack too. I don't think we've seen that before: maybe slim weapons are more likely to cause breaks but trade the follow-up attack (or the UI has been updated since the previous reveal and won't show attacks if you're going to get a crit, which could be useful for planning moves at the cost of removing the surprise of getting a crit).

Someone on the main Fire Emblem discord found the meaning of those red crosses.

They show if the attack will be fatal for the unit. If you look closely, if the thief do not miss his attack Céline is dead and if the attack miss but Céline hit with her follow-up then the thief is dead.

In all the other clips forecast none of the units would have died (if not for the crits of course) that's why there wasn't any red cross.

I think that theory is correct.