Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I will say that the animations look clean, but the map animations are also rather leisurely/slow, and isn't that something people shit on the Tellius games for?

Youll probably be able to speed it up through the settings. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Vander clip where he introduces himself to F!Alear!

The first line is just paraphrasing the bio from before, Alear calls him "Vander-san" to which he says he doesn't deserve honorifics from her and tha Vander is fine.

I wonder if the marketing will alternate between both Alears or if F!Alear will be used for these clips and M!Alear will be in the trailers...

@Crubat, could you add these tweets to the OP, please? Maybe under subheadings or spoiler blocks separated by date or something? Just so everyone can access them. Otherwise I can start doing it here and you can post a link to that instead 🙂

Edited by DefyingFates

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

@Crubat, could you add these tweets to the OP, please? Maybe under subheadings or spoiler blocks separated by date or something? Just so everyone can access them. Otherwise I can start doing it here and you can post a link to that instead 🙂

Of course! Im sorta new so I didnt know how stuff like these would be handled but im happy to do it! 

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

Done, tell me what yall think. Will post a reply each time something gets released with my thoughts on the reply instead of on the main post. 

Perfect, thank you very much Crubat! Depending on how many tweets we get, you may find that ediiting starts getting laggier and laggier. In that case you'd probably be best off using this post I'm replying to as a Part 2 for the tweets and linking to this at the bottom of your first one. Trust me, I had to deal with that the hard way a few years ago 😛

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

Of course! Im sorta new so I didnt know how stuff like these would be handled but im happy to do it! 

I never would have been able to tell! Thank you for providing translations too!!

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Perfect, thank you very much Crubat! Depending on how many tweets we get, you may find that ediiting starts getting laggier and laggier. In that case you'd probably be best off using this post I'm replying to as a Part 2 for the tweets and linking to this at the bottom of your first one. Trust me, I had to deal with that the hard way a few years ago 😛

I never would have been able to tell! Thank you for providing translations too!!

Good idea, I'll do it when it gets too laggy for me. And thank you as well for the help!

29 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Good idea, I'll do it when it gets too laggy for me. And thank you as well for the help!

I didn't do anything 🙂 Still, thank you for the kind comment!

It'll also (hopefully) get you out of trouble if someone reports you for double posting 😛

5 hours ago, Azz said:

So someone on Reddit was doing some theorising about the break mechanic and believes it may be tied to weapon rank. As we can see below, Vander is able to inflict break on a lance wielding enemy, however, Alear cannot on an axe wielding enemy. Since it's at the start of the game, we can assume Alear has an E or D rank in swords while Vander more than likely has a B in axes as is usual of Jeigans.

Reveal hidden contents

4q6wrvy4e7o91.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=a7a44893cfa22ba92919fb1efca604324c80e838

62382wy4e7o91.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff3e68a225e584c0b610f1ac461eb0b8d11e5147

gua2ywy4e7o91.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=86478591b7f24c3514d313830020c9d929e0597d

We can also see that WT may not influence Mt and Hit since Vander has 103 hit and a 93% chance to land an attack. Very interesting to see how break actually works. Could very well dissuade enemy phase starts. 

I would...not actually mind that, I think it's actually really clever and a great way to make the Weapon Triangle actually interesting to play with.
I'm one of the few people that is NOT a fan of WTA coming back because of how much it rewards enemy-phase turtling thanks to the massive derived stat bonuses, I greatly appreciated Three Houses and even Hopes take on it.

But removing the stat bonuses and having it be a disarming mechanic is actually really cool. It makes the enemy-phase really dangerous, gives you all the "strategic feel" of manipulating equipment and the rock-paper-scissor fun of the weapon triangle, and still allows some room for the -Breaker skills to be easily slotted in (just hopefully not as overwhelming as Three Houses Maddening Mode...).

I think, if this IS true, then Marth's Break Defenses skill isn't actually a stat penalty, but instead the ability to Break foes without having the proper weapon rank. I also wonder if that means that units can wield more weapon types than what their class would allow, but Breaking is the key difference between classes (though that's probably me coping about the return of weapon-locked classes...). Otherwise, it leaves weapon types that can't break like Martial Arts, Bows, Stones, and Magic a little SOL on the player-phase and more reliant on their core gimmicks to be interesting (which can easily turn every character locked to those weapons into gimmicks in their own right...)

I'm also in favour of the changes to WT if this is the case. WT has always been underwhelming and pretty negligible after early game, so having pretty extreme repercussions for having WTD on enemy phase will be interesting, especially on harder difficulties I imagine. I presume they will also have abilities to increase/decrease the affects of break so that it doesn't get too frustrating for players.

As for being able to use multiple weapons, we have seen Céline have access to swords, tome and staves, though this could because of her engaging with Celica. I have a theory that, since units with stave access seemingly have an extra icon to represent that means that staves and healing are gonna be their own thing and we probably wont have the conventional priest/cleric class that is locked to healing until they promote, which I appreciate. I do hope in general, units have multiple weapons because if WT is now this major it would be pretty eh if each unit had one weapon type. It works for Heroes, but not so much a bigger console game imo.

21 hours ago, Halvey said:

The interesting thing about build is that in the ENG trailer we see that Alfred has a base build of 7 +1 that he gets from Sigurd making it 8. However, in the JP trailer he has a base of 6 +1 from Sigurd making it 7. Also in the JP trailer he is getting a boost to avoid making it 16, whereas in the ENG trailer he is not getting a boost and his base avoid is already 16. In both he has a base speed of 6 and he doesn't get a boost. It looks like avoid will be calculated by doubling attack speed and adding half of the luck stat. Attack speed will be just like in previous games with build or con. Crit seems to be half of dexterity plus any weapon crit. I also noticed that the weapon triangle isn't affecting damage or hit and avoid. My guess is that it is rather involved in this new break mechanic. Going back to build though, with Alfred having a different build stat between the two trailers, I'm guessing that it actually has growth rates, like in Thracia, and emblem rings could modify growths. 

It is difficult to say for sure if the weapon triangle affects nothing or if it's just progressive like in Fates and Awakening. For instance, if the enemy we see with WTA had an E rank in lances leading to, theoretically, only a 5 drop in accuracy from the enemy, then the numbers would still match. But it certainly could be just for breaking as well.

Edit : Plus Vander's trailer does make the former less likely. He probably has a pretty decent weapon rank.

7 hours ago, Azz said:

So someone on Reddit was doing some theorising about the break mechanic and believes it may be tied to weapon rank. As we can see below, Vander is able to inflict break on a lance wielding enemy, however, Alear cannot on an axe wielding enemy. Since it's at the start of the game, we can assume Alear has an E or D rank in swords while Vander more than likely has a B in axes as is usual of Jeigans.

The one instance we see of Alear's inventory, he has a B rank in swords at level 4. Though this could be them altering the game I suppose.

In any case, we now know for sure that the weapon type of the enemy being crossed out on the map is not WTA, since Alear's twitter video doesn't have that. But every single time (twice in the original trailer, and now in Vander's), it led to a break. Which implies that's what it indicates, and that also implies that breaking is not random. Or at the very least, it's determined before you even fight. That's really good news.

1 hour ago, Azz said:

I'm also in favour of the changes to WT if this is the case. WT has always been underwhelming and pretty negligible after early game, so having pretty extreme repercussions for having WTD on enemy phase will be interesting, especially on harder difficulties I imagine. I presume they will also have abilities to increase/decrease the affects of break so that it doesn't get too frustrating for players.

The WT was really strong in Fates actually, especially with dual weapons, but even regularly.

... technically in Awakening as well, but numbers don't hold the same weight in Awakening.

Edited by Cysx

Has anyone mentioned what the second option for Vander is when he goes to attack the enemy unit?

Spoiler

Screenshot-15.png

EDIT: Re-uploaded image, hopefully it works.

Edited by Azz

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Has anyone mentioned what the second option for Vander is when he goes to attack the enemy unit?

Reveal hidden contents

FczaNWjXEAE6oIX?format=jpg&name=900x900

The picture won’t load for me right now but it could just be the wait button.

10 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

The picture won’t load for me right now but it could just be the wait button.

Re-uploaded the image, hopefully it works.

But basically there are three options, which is different from the two options (Attack and Wait) which we saw in the reveal trailer.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Re-uploaded the image, hopefully it works.

But basically there are three options, which is different from the two options (Attack and Wait) which we saw in the reveal trailer.

Items, google translate says belongings so that would be my guess.

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Items, google translate says belongings so that would be my guess.

Ah, that makes sense. Looking now, Vander doesn't have anything in his inventory in the og trailer but has a vulnerary in the twt video.

32 minutes ago, Azz said:

Hide contents

Screenshot-15.png

EDIT: Re-uploaded image, hopefully it works.

Yeah I was wondering as well.

持ち物 seems to mean belongings, but... if that's just the item menu, it's weird that Alear didn't have that, he had a vulnerary and all. Maybe it's something else.

No tweets on the weekends, I guess. Unfortunate, but makes sense. I do hope we get both twins(?) at once though.

P.S. Fire Emblem JP, feel free to tweet something today just to prove me wrong. I promise I can take it.

Actually, speaking of menu options: we haven't seen combat arts yet! I wonder if they've been removed or we simply haven't seen any gameplay with them equipped yet. Maybe that's what the SP is for? Maybe it's some kind of "load" for skills (i.e. different arts cost different amounts of SP and you can only equip those whose total <= 300 SP).

Edited by DefyingFates

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

No tweets on the weekends, I guess. Unfortunate, but makes sense. I do hope we get both twins(?) at once though.

P.S. Fire Emblem JP, feel free to tweet something today just to prove me wrong. I promise I can take it.

Actually, speaking of menu options: we haven't seen combat arts yet! I wonder if they've been removed or we simply haven't seen any gameplay with them equipped yet. Maybe that's what the SP is for? Maybe it's some kind of "load" for skills (i.e. different arts cost different amounts of SP and you can only equip those whose total <= 300 SP).

Yeah sad that there's no tweets today seems like. I'm hungry for more.

And I'm guessing there is combat arts or something similar but they just havent shown it off yet.

13 hours ago, Cysx said:

Yeah I was wondering as well.

持ち物 seems to mean belongings, but... if that's just the item menu, it's weird that Alear didn't have that, he had a vulnerary and all. Maybe it's something else.

It's definitely Inventory, but good catch.

I think there's an easy explanation though. The map with Alear is probably the very first one and would be the tutorial. Therefore, it wouldn't be surprising if some options were disabled.

The map with Vander seems to be the next map, since they've joined forces with the twins (before, the twins were NPCs).

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

It's definitely Inventory, but good catch.

I think there's an easy explanation though. The map with Alear is probably the very first one and would be the tutorial. Therefore, it wouldn't be surprising if some options were disabled.

The map with Vander seems to be the next map, since they've joined forces with the twins (before, the twins were NPCs).

That makes sense to me too!

On 9/16/2022 at 4:34 AM, DefyingFates said:

I liked the animations in Echoes myself, with slightly exaggerated normal attacks and over-the-top finishers/ crits, which seems to be the approach here. I approve!

I'll be happier if they're closer to Echoes. Fates animations were a little too ridiculous to me (like Corrin spending more time rolling and spinning around than actually hitting the enemy) while Echoes was a better balance of criticals being explicit without being too over the top.

58 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'll be happier if they're closer to Echoes. Fates animations were a little too ridiculous to me (like Corrin spending more time rolling and spinning around than actually hitting the enemy) while Echoes was a better balance of criticals being explicit without being too over the top.

Fine by me! As I said, I liked Echoes' take too!

14 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Prior to Three Houses being released, didn't the Japanese twitter tweet one character per week? I'm wondering if that's what's happening for Engage right now. If so, maybe we can estimate how many total characters there will be. 

Interesting. Do you know when they revealed the last character? That'd give us an end point to work back from. Also, I wonder if we got two characters this last week because one of them was the main Lord or if we'll get 2 at a time this time (or the preview cycle will be shorter, of course).

IIRC, how TH did it was they did one character per house and then a church character per week. I believe it was sometime in late May, early June when they finished up character reveals, which was about a month before the game dropped. At the same time E3 was happening (and we got the timeskip bombshell). I have a good feeling we'll at least get 3 reveals per week.