Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

59 minutes ago, Vexal said:

As for the topic name, I think changing it from "Japanese twitter posts" to just "Twitter posts" is a good idea, as correct me if I'm wrong, but the screen for the gender choice is completely new, so we may see things that weren't gleamed from the Japanese tweets, or were completely absent.

Yeah, both screenshots that NoA has shown off are brand new, even if the information associated isn't.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/15/2022 at 7:10 AM, Troublesome Knight said:

As a girl I can't help but feel like there's something very uncomfortable about people acting like a female character having obvious breasts as somehow inherently sexual/fanservice-y you know...

I'm a guy, but even I feel awkward - I can't begin to imagine how you feel. I don't want to start another argument so I'll just say I agree with you that there's a definite line between simply having female characters and having female characters designed solely for fanservice (e.g. Tharja, F!Byleth and Cornelia, almost every woman in Fates). I'm sorry you had to feel that way!

19 hours ago, eclipse said:

Kinda wondering if this thread should just be renamed "the Twitter post" (or something like that), since NoA finally woke up.

Here's hoping they don't pull a Tiki and fall asleep right away. If they don't and the NA news cycle works at a good pace then I think this should be renamed too.

Or at the very least we should start a new thread just so Crubat's post doesn't get clogged and start lagging when he tries to edit it.

21 hours ago, Seazas said:

lSorry Oliver, it's objectively wrong to claim the artist has no talent

Well, to quote what this forum said to me in another thread, that's simply not how facts work. Clearly the definition of objectivity is fluid and meaningless here. 

It is not objectively wrong. It is also not objectively true. It is an opinion, and I stand by it. Do I regret harshly wording it? Maybe. It got across the strength of how negatively I actually do feel about the job done, but maybe. Suffice it to say, if I were in charge and that was the design given to me, I'd have been looking for a new artist. That is all.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

37 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Or at the very least we should start a new thread just so Crubat's post doesn't get clogged and start lagging when he tries to edit it.

I don't mind doing it, it's not laggy yet for me, but again if we get yet another tweet + enough people want it I'll do it

25 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm a guy, but even I feel awkward - I can't begin to imagine how you feel. I don't want to start another argument so I'll just say I agree with you that there's a definite line between simply having female characters and having female characters designed solely for fanservice (e.g. Tharja, F!Byleth and Cornelia, almost every woman in Fates). I'm sorry you had to feel that way!

I...don't think you are agreeing with her, I would think she was trying to say that's less of a line then you would believe (side note: a lot of people would actually argue that Tharja wasn't depicted that much of a sex fiend 'til Awakening's DLC and afterward, her normal portrait art really hunches and hides her over and her attire is rather standard Plegian, which is rather equal opportunity in sex appeal beyond Henry's weird noble-esque outfit. Noire would be a lot more openly appealing.).

Anyway, even with the idea that the OP becomes harder to manage, it is simpler to manage then having to look after two threads with similar ideas, especially if it is not going to be consistent with the dates.

----------------------

By the way, going some days, I think that the Emblem titles would actually be a mix between their games' titles and their epitaphs in Heroes. Some characters wouldn't have a good 1-1 title. I personally believe it would be:

Marth -- Emblem of Beginnings
Celica -- Echoing Emblem
Sigurd -- Emblem of the Crusade (calling him a Crusader outright would technically be incorrect, Seliph is the real Crusader and Leif is right there)
Leif -- Emblem of Unification (They really like him being the Unifier of Thracia)
Roy -- Binding Emblem
Lyn -- Emblem of the Wind (Eliwood would be the Blazing Emblem for the obvious reason.)
Eirika -- Emblem of Restoration (They call her the Restoration Queen in Heroes, which makes sense given how FUBAR'd Magvel becomes as a whole, not just Grado...)
Ike -- Radiant Emblem (Ike is known as the Radiant Hero, not Micaiah.)
Micaiah -- Silver Emblem
Lucina -- Awakening Emblem
Corrin -- Emblem of Destiny (synonym of both Fates and if)
Byleth -- Emblem of Enlightenment (Byleth's core class promotion and their goal of teaching)

2 hours ago, KoriCongo said:

I...don't think you are agreeing with her, I would think she was trying to say that's less of a line then you would believe

Ah okay, my bad! Apologies if this is the case, Troublesome Knight!

2 hours ago, KoriCongo said:

Marth -- Emblem of Beginnings
Celica -- Echoing Emblem
Sigurd -- Emblem of the Crusade (calling him a Crusader outright would technically be incorrect, Seliph is the real Crusader and Leif is right there)
Leif -- Emblem of Unification (They really like him being the Unifier of Thracia)
Roy -- Binding Emblem
Lyn -- Emblem of the Wind (Eliwood would be the Blazing Emblem for the obvious reason.)
Eirika -- Emblem of Restoration (They call her the Restoration Queen in Heroes, which makes sense given how FUBAR'd Magvel becomes as a whole, not just Grado...)
Ike -- Radiant Emblem (Ike is known as the Radiant Hero, not Micaiah.)
Micaiah -- Silver Emblem
Lucina -- Awakening Emblem
Corrin -- Emblem of Destiny (synonym of both Fates and if)
Byleth -- Emblem of Enlightenment (Byleth's core class promotion and their goal of teaching)

This is a really good list, thank you very much! It all makes a ton of sense (I especially love Lyn's and the wordplay for Corrin) too! The one suggestion I'd make is Micaiah being the "Dawn Emblem" instead, since that combines one of her epithets (Dawn Priestess) and Radiant Dawn, which she represents. But as I said, other than that I think this list is perfect!

6 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Well, to quote what this forum said to me in another thread, that's simply not how facts work. Clearly the definition of objectivity is fluid and meaningless here. 

It is not objectively wrong. It is also not objectively true. It is an opinion, and I stand by it. Do I regret harshly wording it? Maybe. It got across the strength of how negatively I actually do feel about the job done, but maybe. Suffice it to say, if I were in charge and that was the design given to me, I'd have been looking for a new artist. That is all.

The artist objectively isn't talent-less, sorry man. If she was talentless she wouldn't be hired to draw the game. You finding the art style terrible, ill-fitting, soulless, etc isn't what I'm debating here. Just chill on the artist's own capabilities, that's a bit much.

Edited by Seazas

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

This is a really good list, thank you very much! It all makes a ton of sense (I especially love Lyn's and the wordplay for Corrin) too! The one suggestion I'd make is Micaiah being the "Dawn Emblem" instead, since that combines one of her epithets (Dawn Priestess) and Radiant Dawn, which she represents. But as I said, other than that I think this list is perfect!

Dawn Emblem would actually make sense, since "Goddess of Dawn" is even RD's JP name! Just trying to make sure it isn't stepping on Ike's toes (not that Ike needs to overshadow Mickey anymore...)

11 minutes ago, KoriCongo said:

(not that Ike needs to overshadow Mickey anymore...)

Ain't that the truth? I still think Radiant Dawn would have been better if he hadn't been in it at all (or only used as a minor character like Byleth in Three Hopes)...

In any case, I'm glad you like my suggestion for Micaiah, thank you!

Edited by DefyingFates

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Here's hoping they don't pull a Tiki and fall asleep right away. If they don't and the NA news cycle works at a good pace then I think this should be renamed too.

I have a very different opinion about this, but that's for PM.

7 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

1 hour ago, Seazas said:

The artist objectively isn't talent-less, sorry man. If she was talentless she wouldn't be hired to draw the game. You finding the art style terrible, ill-fitting, soulless, etc isn't what I'm debating here. Just chill on the artist's own capabilities, that's a bit much.

Alright you two, CUT IT OUT.  Whine about it in PM or something, because both of you are objectively wrong.

Alear actually looks good in battle and that's really all I cared about since we are mostly in battle.

Framme's (or rather Monk's) weapon is just kind of funny and weird. It's a scroll/guide for martial art and it has different level, but isn't it more of a "you learn and you know it" kind of thing. It's like if Mercenary needs to equip "Beginner guide to Swordplay". They should've have make it like Brawler in 3 House and give them gloves or knuckle as weapons. 

1 hour ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Framme's (or rather Monk's) weapon is just kind of funny and weird. It's a scroll/guide for martial art and it has different level, but isn't it more of a "you learn and you know it" kind of thing. It's like if Mercenary needs to equip "Beginner guide to Swordplay".

In an way, it kind of reminds me of those scrolls from Fates. Where each one has their own bonuses and effects while functionally being the same. My take on it is  that each one is an completely different attack as opposed to just running up to someone and kicking them.

2 hours ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Alear actually looks good in battle and that's really all I cared about since we are mostly in battle.

Framme's (or rather Monk's) weapon is just kind of funny and weird. It's a scroll/guide for martial art and it has different level, but isn't it more of a "you learn and you know it" kind of thing. It's like if Mercenary needs to equip "Beginner guide to Swordplay". They should've have make it like Brawler in 3 House and give them gloves or knuckle as weapons. 

Sure, it's silly. But is it more silly than a tome that contains one spell, and that one spell has limited uses. What are you doing? Throwing burning pages at the enemy one by one?

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

But is it more silly than a tome that contains one spell, and that one spell has limited uses. What are you doing? Throwing burning pages at the enemy one by one?

I just assumed that those things are just miniature batteries of magical  energy and the text inside them said, "Hold book open in left hand and pretend to read it outstretch your right arm towards that guy wearing an oversized suit of armor, recite spell name, channel the power of the gods from the book to your right palm, strike an smug pose."

Edited by Armchair General

If I recall, that is the case at least in Archanea, as well the staffs. They were created so the caster wouldn't have to use their own energy to power up the spell (which is why Valentian magic drains HP, they have yet to switch).

Hope there's a new post tonight. I would love some consistency.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

I have a very different opinion about this, but that's for PM.

Alright you two, CUT IT OUT.  Whine about it in PM or something, because both of you are objectively wrong.

No need. There's nothing to "whine" about to begin with, I'll just drop the topic.

Edited by Seazas

New posts! This time it's for Louis, a lance armor knight of Firenne who's a people watcher. Seems like he'll be a fan favorite, possibly:

Satsuma's translation of his bio:

Lui/Rui is a knight from the capital of the Firene Kingdom. He is a gentle retainer, wrapped in heavy armor. He's always considerate of his comrades, and loves watching his allies be at peace.

13 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Im on my phone and I tried to do it as fast as I could 😭😭 ill update it with translations when im on my laptop

Hey, you've been first with all of the others, it's unfair to expect you to do all the work! I'm happy I was able to help out the thread while you were busy 🙂

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Hey, you've been first with all of the others, it's unfair to expect you to do all the work! I'm happy I was able to help out the thread while you were busy 🙂

ty! just updated the main post with everything, and thank you :)

-

Uhmmm, is louis' thing just... looking? He observes people as his hobby, he mentions watching in his map line and sight in his crit line lmao

The second Louis combat clip basically confirms treasure-stealing thieves.

It's the same map from the second Celine combat clip, but this time, two treasure chests are missing on the map. Meanwhile in Louis' clip, you can see the knife-wielding thief we saw in Celine's clip, but this time holding a droppable item.

Edited by Ziegenpeter

2 minutes ago, Ziegenpeter said:

The second Louis combat clip basically confirms treasure-stealing thieves.

It's the same map from the second Celine combat clip, but this time, two treasure chests are missing on the map. Meanwhile in Louis' clip, you can see the knife-wielding thief we saw in Celine's clip, but this time holding a droppable item.

nice catch, thats good to know!

So this also seems to confirm classes have returned to weapon type based (lance armour, axe fighter, sword knight etc...) which is nice to see confirmed finally. Really interested to see how weapon types will work with promotion then. Will they be restricted to one weapon type or will they get more on promo/be able to choose like in PoR which would be nice to see come back.

Also I don't know why, but from the og trailer, I did not imagine Louis looking like he did. I had an image of him looking like a younger Gilliam in my head lol.