Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I love how despite the fact that Engage is coming out in less then three months we know very little about the game. 

Well, there's always an chance that Famitsu would drop some content, next month; along with the game being mentioned in a Direct or something. And I doubt if they'll show us the entire cast, at the rate things are going.

8 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Well, there's always an chance that Famitsu would drop some content, next month; along with the game being mentioned in a Direct or something. And I doubt if they'll show us the entire cast, at the rate things are going.

Yeah, but it felt that with the last few games we at least got enough information to surmise a general plot of each game. But with Engage I feel like I hardly know anything besides we’re allegedly going a slay an evil dragon and the Emblem rings are a thing. I just feel like I don’t really know what the game is. From my perspective that means one of two things: either what we see is what we get or Nintendo is deliberately withholding something. I don’t know if this is good or bad, but gut is warning me something is a up.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

21 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

From my perspective that means one of two things: either what we see is what we get or Nintendo is deliberately withholding something. I don’t know if this is good or bad, but gut is warning me something is a up

Well, nearly everything about this game just felt "weird" to me. It kind of feels like they're reusing an lot of Awakening's plotline and they aren't even trying to make it subtle. The character reveals aren't exactly promising in the sense that the opposition consists of: Thieves, possessed warriors, and an country that might be simping for the Fell Dragon. But with at least four nations on the map, chances are that this won't be as straightforward as I'm making it out to be.

20 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Well, nearly everything about this game just felt "weird" to me. It kind of feels like they're reusing an lot of Awakening's plotline and they aren't even trying to make it subtle. The character reveals aren't exactly promising in the sense that the opposition consists of: Thieves, possessed warriors, and an country that might be simping for the Fell Dragon. But with at least four nations on the map, chances are that this won't be as straightforward as I'm making it out to be.

You may have just hit the nail on the head. The trailer really lacks oomph, as in there isn’t any intrigue or mystery or anything really interesting. With the trailers of the 3DS games and TH at least there were things to get a player interested in. Who is masked Marth? How will my chosen path in Fates effect the characters plot wise? What new content are they adding to Echoes versus the original? How will the time skip effect the characters in TH like how different Dimitri seems compared to his younger self? What the hell is up with Dimitri? Etc. Although all these things may not have lived up to the hype depending on different player’s experiences in the final product, at least the trailers hinted at “greater things”. With Engage what you see is really what you get. It feels that unless IS is hold back on plot details due to wanting to hide some big plot twist(s) or revelations found in the actual game, Engage maybe doomed to be the most “Fire Emblem” FE game ever.

26 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

It feels that unless IS is hold back on plot details due to wanting to hide some big plot twist(s) or revelations found in the actual game, Engage maybe doomed to be the most “Fire Emblem” FE game ever.

I won't be surprised if Alear gains the ability to transform into an dragon (only in the cinematics), gets an rapier or some other elegant looking sword that glows red & blue, or becomes an Emblem for New Game+.

29 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

The trailer really lacks oomph, as in there isn’t any intrigue or mystery or anything really interesting

Well, we still have an little bit more than two months before we can blame how terrible the advertising campaign currently is. I'm somewhat convinced that things will change after around the 10th or 12th playable soldier gets revealed because this is the deployment limit, of the early game screenshots are anything to go by.

For instance

32 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

With Engage what you see is really what you get

They haven't really gave much of an preview on what you can do in the castle's plaza, for one. At least with 3H, they've really hyped up the monastery in Famitsu, IIRC.

25 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I won't be surprised if Alear gains the ability to transform into an dragon (only in the cinematics), gets an rapier or some other elegant looking sword that glows red & blue, or becomes an Emblem for New Game+.

What I mean is it’ll be the most generic, by the numbers FE game ever. Engage May just tick every single box on the “Cliches of Fire Emblem” list.

Well, we still have an little bit more than two months before we can blame how terrible the advertising campaign currently is. I'm somewhat convinced that things will change after around the 10th or 12th playable soldier gets revealed because this is the deployment limit, of the early game screenshots are anything to go by.

Whatever IS is possibly holding back it better good, because I think at this point they don’t have the luxury of being lazy anymore.

They haven't really gave much of an preview on what you can do in the castle's plaza, for one. At least with 3H, they've really hyped up the monastery in Famitsu, IIRC.

I think if they want to bring in the wow factor they need something to intrigue the player, like maybe hinting that the Emblem Rings aren’t as benign as we were first lead to believe or that the villains can use the same rings that the player can use and by doing so it somehow corrupts them.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

Update from NoA showing the conversation between Alear and Marth we saw in the Jpn twitter updates

Thanks! It's great to hear the English VA again! That doesn't sound like Johnny Yong Bosch as Alear anymore for me though, what about for everyone else?

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks! It's great to hear the English VA again! That doesn't sound like Johnny Yong Bosch as Alear anymore for me though, what about for everyone else?

I honestly don't have a clue.

Looking around, the most popular guess I'm seeing from others is Erik Kimerer.

In any case, I am glad we are getting some English versions of the Twitter footage. I hope that continues and they show the other characters, or at least a few of them.

Edited by Sentinel07

So basically, break stops enemies from counterattacking in the same combat from what I understood Satsuma revised their statement, it's till the end of the next combat. No details on if there are conditions apart from the weapon triangle. Speaking of, gauntlets beat bows, tomes and daggers and never the other way around. I wonder if break is even useful for gauntlets against bows since bows don't counterattack at 1 range anyways.

Also, can anyone tell who's the emblem Alear is equipped with?? I don't think it's Marthimage.png.7ec7a1c1f6c7b3befb9a4bc5d0f96336.png

Edited by Crubat

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I misread, Break actually prevents enemies from counterattacking until the end of the next combat, which means after you get a Break you get another free combat on that enemy I think.

Got it, thank you!

6 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Also, can anyone tell who's the emblem Alear is equipped with?? I don't think it's Marth

It's Marth, you can tell by the cape and arm/ glove 🙂

Also, technical info at long last! Hopefully this is a common occurrence so we don't end up seeing the full cast by release (this'd also remove the need for a trailer devoted to exploring gameplay mechanics). It's cool that we were right about martial arts beating ranged weapons, but I'm surprised that the opposite isn't true as well. Maybe we'll be shown that later, or more likely, being ranged is considered advantage enough?

Breaking an enemy stunning them until the next combat is a really clever touch too. It gives you more incentive to apply them, since you can play more offensively and make otherwise risky plays. E.g. breaking an enemy before attacking with a glass cannon. And likewise it discourages turtling for the same reason (though I wouldn't be surprised if there were armor/ personal skills that reduced the effects or gave extra stats while broken).

I wonder what we're going to see next by the way. Probably not another technical post, so maybe Etie/ Chloe and then Sigurd? Maybe we'll get a "technical" post after that though. We'll have seen 3 out of 12 Emblems at that point, so maybe it'd be time to explain the Rings and Engaging in depth?

13 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Also, can anyone tell who's the emblem Alear is equipped with?? I don't think it's Marth

Nvm it's Marth, I just needed to look at it for 10 mins

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

(though I wouldn't be surprised if there were armor/ personal skills that reduced the effects or gave extra stats while broken).

We've already seen break defenses which I assume lower def and res when an enemy is broken

42 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I misread, Break actually prevents enemies from counterattacking until the end of the next combat, which means after you get a Break you get another free combat on that enemy I think.

WTA always breaking was getting pretty obvious, but... no counterattacks for two fights seems quite strong. Granted most enemies don't survive one fight let alone two, but suffice to say dealing chip damage has gotten a whole lot safer.
This will also demolish enemy phase combat (if WTA is all there is to it). Except for grey weapon users, assuming martial arts users aren't everywhere (we have yet to see any on the enemy side afaik).

Well, y'all who wanted the weapon triangle to be more relevant, there you go.

Edit: By the way...

Ff0UGqAUcAEJ143?format=png&name=small

Alear's opponent also seems remarkable. The armor, the eyepatch (?), the lighe blue hair in a ponytail... that's no random guy. The place they're fighting at looks like Somnial too, maybe it's a 3H tournament, or an arena ?

Edited by Cysx

I think there were times where a WTA didn't trigger a break, but it might've been cause it's an early chapter though, before the player was taught the mechanic.

8 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Edit: By the way...

Ff0UGqAUcAEJ143?format=png&name=small

Alear's opponent also seems remarkable. The armor, the eyepatch (?), the lighe blue hair in a ponytail... that's no random guy. The place they're fighting at looks like Somnial too, maybe it's a 3H tournament, or an arena ?

Ooh, well spotted, thank you! It looks like they're both using iron weapons* too, so yeah, it definitely looks like a training match of some sort.

* It looks like Alear gets Liberation right away from earlier footage so switching to an iron weapon is a conscious choice on his part.

5 minutes ago, Crubat said:

I think there were times where a WTA didn't trigger a break, but it might've been cause it's an early chapter though, before the player was taught the mechanic.

Perhaps, but I'm a fan of the theory everyone had a few days ago, that breaking only occurs from a certain weapon rank onwards (the only time a break didn't happen was in an early map with Alear)... but the fact that everyone can cause breaks might mean that it's just locked off by a tutorial, as you say. Hopefully that sort of thing is dropped in NG+ if there is one.

11 minutes ago, Crubat said:

I think there are two examples. The prologue in Alear's clip (where yeah, maybe the player just wasn't taught about it yet), and this very short moment (credits to Halvey on youtube for this one, by the way):

Capture d’écran 2022-10-24 110224.png

... where right before Celine switches from swords to Ragnarok, we see her capable of breaking two axe guys, but not the one in front of her.
Maybe armor knight privilege. That'd be something.

Edited by Cysx

2 hours ago, Cysx said:

I think there are two examples. The prologue in Alear's clip (where yeah, maybe the player just wasn't taught about it yet), and this very short moment (credits to Halvey on youtube for this one, by the way):

Capture d’écran 2022-10-24 110224.png

... where right before Celine switches from swords to Ragnarok, we see her capable of breaking two axe guys, but not the one in front of her.
Maybe armor knight privilege. That'd be something.

Ooh, well spotted to Halvey indeed! Thanks for this! And yeah, it does seem like armor knights likely get off easy in some way. Thanks again!