Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

1 hour ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

If they had "little faith" in the game, then I doubt Nintendo would've chosen it to headline their Nintendo Direct. More like, they wanted to leave room for Three Hopes, while also avoiding the arduous wait that accompanied Three Houses after its reveal.

True enough. And again, I hope the latter is indeed what happened! Thanks for the reminder!

32 minutes ago, Azz said:

I don't quite remember it off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure the rollout for Fates characters was also slow enough too

Thanks! Your reasoning for 3H makes sense too! I guess I got a little swept up in how eager everyone else was for info xD I can be patient, thanks again!

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iirc fates characters were also revealed through famitsu, i remember seeing characters bein released overtime though I forgot how often they showed em, i think it was weekly though

Xenoblade fans are the luckiest mfs alive. They have an official twitter that's actually good and keeps consistent updates while being transparent enough to tell people when there won't be news. A far cry from this account that'd rather use the tactic of radio silence (lame af).

Man, the music sounds so good already. The map also looks kinda cool, I hope there are thieves making us rush to the chests. Also, seems like we see a new unit, the axe guy on our team, unless that's Anna.

EDIT: ALSO I didn't really think about it but the fact that fire shows up in his arms on the close up means each spell will probably have a different look with that close up, I really like that!

Edited by Crubat

38 minutes ago, Azz said:

Seems I may be correct and we’ll get posts every Thursday and Friday.

You nailed it, thanks for the update! It feels so good to have a fixed date for this stuff, though we still need to see if we get anything tomorrow as well, since last week could have been a one-off due to showing off Alear first. If we do though, it's bound to be Framme. Seriously, it's funny how just having a date makes everything so much easier. I personally don't even mind how much or little we get if we know when we get it (at least for now)!

Anyway, I'm surprised we got our first mystery solved, and before we saw Framme to boot! It's pretty funny that they's just showing sequential chunks of the intro cutscene with all of the introductions so far; I guess we're going in order of when everyone is introduced (at least until we get to the major Lords). Also, they're using M!Alear in the combat maps and F!Alear in cutscenes. Kinda stereotypey, but at least they're using both versions in the marketing thus far (looks at Three Houses, Three Hopes and especially HoYoverse).

I wonder if there'll come a point when it's better to start ignoring updates. We don't want to know too much, after all! I wonder how early on we'll learn how the Emblem Rings work, or even about Engaging (that sounds like a "trailer accompanying press kit"/ Famitsu article thing to me though).

26 minutes ago, Crubat said:

EDIT: ALSO I didn't really think about it but the fact that fire shows up in his arms on the close up means each spell will probably have a different look with that close up, I really like that!

That would be awesome! Even if the character designs remain contentious, I hope everyone agrees that visually Engage looks gorgeous and super detailed!

35 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Just updated the main post! 

As quick and amazingly formatted as ever, thank you yet again Crubat!

Edit: Forgot to mention! Clan's bio mentions that he respects the Shinto priest who watches over Alear. I wonder who that is: the dragon girl from the trailer? That'd be a surprising quick reveal, but it would mean she likely isn't the dragon/ Alear's mother. Or is that just auto-translate being weird and Clan just respects Vander? Also, he and Framme are the 33rd generation of Guardians. I guess Vander was around so long there was no need for any guardians from the intervening age group to take up the role.

Edited by DefyingFates

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

That would be awesome! Even if the character designs remain contentious, I hope everyone agrees that visually Engage looks gorgeous and super detailed!

Love the look of the game, the bright colors really do remind me of the GBA games.

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

As quick and amazingly formatted as ever, thank you yet again Crubat!

No problem! I mean I'm always eagerly waiting for the next post so I try to post it asap.

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Edit: Forgot to mention! Clan's bio mentions that he respects the Shinto priest who watches over Alear. I wonder who that is: the dragon girl from the trailer? That'd be a surprising quick reveal, but it would mean she likely isn't the dragon/ Alear's mother. Or is that just auto-translate being weird and Clan just respects Vander? Also, he and Framme are the 33rd generation of Guardians. I guess Vander was around so long there was no need for any guardians from the intervening age group to take up the role.

Oh wow I didn't notice the Shinto Priest part, we just gotta wait for a translator to clear that up, speaking of, I'll also post an update when we get translations

I’m assuming his sister and Alfred will be next ones to be ‘revealed’. After that, I think we can start expecting characters we haven’t seen or don’t know the name of.

Also, If Fran got localised into Framme. Will ‘Clan’ be localised into Clamme? lol  

Looking at the gameplay footage, it seems like out first few units will be Alear, Vander, Clan (again not sure if that is the correct way to say his name, it's just what popped up for translate on the tweet), Framme, alongside Alfred, Céline, Etie, brown haired axe guy (him and Etie have similar hair colours so possibly siblings?), Chloé and Louis.

Clan seems to have a second tome in his inventory that is green, possibly wind magic? Seems like we will be getting generic tomes like in DSFE, Awakening and Fates rather than having them be separated by type.

This map we are on seems to be the map where we saw Framme fighting in the trailer. Feels very familiar to me. The map is also much larger than the others we have seen. If you look, we do see chests and what seems to be breakable walls? A lot of enemies too. There appear to be other obstacles as well, maybe doors blocking the bottom half from the top half. Nice to see that there are already maps where you can take alternate routes to finish it. Surprised we don't have a thief though if we do have chests and doors.

Interestingly, Céline is wielding a sword rather than a tome which is what we've normally seen her have. Also, we only have Marth, Celica and Sigurd as Emblems thus far, no sign of Roy and Micaiah who've also seen. Whether Céline wielding swords means classes have multiple weapon types or if what weapons you can use outside of your class are linked to Emblems I can't really tell. I am still really interested in Framme and how she works. The fist icon is a whole different colour from the other weapon types, while bows and tomes are the same, so it will be interesting to see how they work and if the colour separation means they have a place in some form of weapon triangle.

That's about all I can see.

1 minute ago, zuibangde said:

Also, If Fran got localised into Framme. Will ‘Clan’ be localised into Clamme? lol  

Or Cramme lul.

2 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I’m assuming his sister and Alfred will be next ones to be ‘revealed’. After that, I think we can start expecting characters we haven’t seen or don’t know the name of.

If I had to guess it'll be early game characters until the next trailer which will probably give more context about the kingdoms, and THEN they'll show em off

Sets in the replies has translated the tweets and it appears the reference to Shinto Priest seems to be saying that Clan is a fan of Alear. Nothing else interesting of note from the translations.

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Looking at the gameplay footage, it seems like out first few units will be Alear, Vander, Clan (again not sure if that is the correct way to say his name, it's just what popped up for translate on the tweet), Framme, alongside Alfred, Céline, Etie, brown haired axe guy (him and Etie have similar hair colours so possibly siblings?), Chloé and Louis.

Clan seems to have a second tome in his inventory that is green, possibly wind magic? Seems like we will be getting generic tomes like in DSFE, Awakening and Fates rather than having them be separated by type.

This map we are on seems to be the map where we saw Framme fighting in the trailer. Feels very familiar to me. The map is also much larger than the others we have seen. If you look, we do see chests and what seems to be breakable walls? A lot of enemies too. There appear to be other obstacles as well, maybe doors blocking the bottom half from the top half. Nice to see that there are already maps where you can take alternate routes to finish it. Surprised we don't have a thief though if we do have chests and doors.

Interestingly, Céline is wielding a sword rather than a tome which is what we've normally seen her have. Also, we only have Marth, Celica and Sigurd as Emblems thus far, no sign of Roy and Micaiah who've also seen. Whether Céline wielding swords means classes have multiple weapon types or if what weapons you can use outside of your class are linked to Emblems I can't really tell. I am still really interested in Framme and how she works. The fist icon is a whole different colour from the other weapon types, while bows and tomes are the same, so it will be interesting to see how they work and if the colour separation means they have a place in some form of weapon triangle.

That's about all I can see.

Really nice analysis! Btw thieves wield axes so our axe guy might be a thief! And also Celine might just be a sword user but engaging would probably change the weapon (maybe movement type too?) you use, only problem with that is Corrin who shapeshifts and that would be weird with anyone who doesn't shapeshift. It's been very consistent that the weapon icons are the weapon they use, so I genuinely don't think Celine is a tome user.

19 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Really nice analysis! Btw thieves wield axes so our axe guy might be a thief! And also Celine might just be a sword user but engaging would probably change the weapon (maybe movement type too?) you use, only problem with that is Corrin who shapeshifts and that would be weird with anyone who doesn't shapeshift. It's been very consistent that the weapon icons are the weapon they use, so I genuinely don't think Celine is a tome user.

He could be but he also doesn't look like a thief to me, seems more like an axe fighter, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. It will probably just be a case of there will be enemies who drop keys on the map if anything.

Looking back at the trailer footage, in what appears to be later game footage, Clan has Micaiah equipped and now has staff access which he doesn't seem to have normally. So it could very well be the case that Emblems do give you extra weapons. Whether that means Celica is giving Céline tome access or sword access will have to be seen, though I do believe we have seen her with a tome more, though besides Alear, we also have no sword users which is odd for so early in the game. When Céline engages with Celica, she gets staff access. So maybe having the Emblem equipped and then engaging seems to also alter equipment. It does beg the question as to why Alfred doesn't have sword access while having Sigurd equipped, though it could also be a case we only see what weapon level you have with what weapon you have equipped since we've only seen lances in Alfred's menu (and swords in Alear's).

EDIT: Looking at Clan's gameplay footage again and we do see a big door, but if you look closely, you can see the door has a small HP bar, so it is probably breakable.

Edited by Azz

42 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Updated with translations!

As fast as ever, thank you very much Crubat! I couldn't even get the chance to let you know myself 😛

7 minutes ago, Azz said:

Looking back at the trailer footage, in what appears to be later game footage, Clan has Micaiah equipped and now has staff access which he doesn't seem to have normally. So it could very well be the case that Emblems do give you extra weapons. Whether that means Celica is giving Céline tome access or sword access will have to be seen, though I do believe we have seen her with a tome more

Very interesting, thank you very much Azz! That would make matching the right Emblem to the right character really useful!

And I started thinking this when I saw your earlier comment too, but this observation confirmed it:

8 minutes ago, Azz said:

though I do believe we have seen her with a tome more, though besides Alear, we also have no sword users which is odd for so early in the game.

Maybe sword units will be in short supply among the native cast? That would justify having six sword wielders out of the 12 Emblems we've seen so far (and would leverage the "too many swords" problem with past FE Lords into a benefit). Who knows, maybe we'll also have a ton of non-infantry units to make the most out of every Emblem but Sigurd being infantry too (at least so far)?

37 minutes ago, Azz said:

Sets in the replies has translated the tweets and it appears the reference to Shinto Priest seems to be saying that Clan is a fan of Alear. Nothing else interesting of note from the translations.

That makes more sense, thank you for spotting that!

41 minutes ago, Crubat said:

If I had to guess it'll be early game characters until the next trailer which will probably give more context about the kingdoms, and THEN they'll show em off

That would be a safe assumption to make for the really important characters, yes. That may be a good time to "go dark" for those who don't want too much spoiled for them, so there's a heads-up for anyone who may want to do that!

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

He could be but he also doesn't look like a thief to me, seems more like an axe fighter, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. It will probably just be a case of there will be enemies who drop keys on the map if anything.

Looking back at the trailer footage, in what appears to be later game footage, Clan has Micaiah equipped and now has staff access which he doesn't seem to have normally. So it could very well be the case that Emblems do give you extra weapons. Whether that means Celica is giving Céline tome access or sword access will have to be seen, though I do believe we have seen her with a tome more, though besides Alear, we also have no sword users which is odd for so early in the game. When Céline engages with Celica, she gets staff access. So maybe having the Emblem equipped and then engaging seems to also alter equipment. It does beg the question as to why Alfred doesn't have sword access while having Sigurd equipped, though it could also be a case we only see what weapon level you have with what weapon you have equipped since we've only seen lances in Alfred's menu (and swords in Alear's).

Oh! you mentioning the key reminded me, when Clan walks up, you can see an enemy having an item drop icon at the top left.

Also, I didn't see Celine not having a staff in this clip and she *seems* to be in the same class as before. You might be right! Though, looking back at the trailer, I noticed when Celine is engaged, some of her inventory is has a darker background while her other items have a lighter background so I'd have to guess the items you get from engaging are the ones with the darker background. Which means Celine does have access to swords and tomes! and she gets a staff through engaging. So if I had to guess, the weapon icons on the map probably show the weapon you have equipped + a staff if you have one in your inventory. I wonder how Celica will heal if someone is not engaged though.

Lastly, to explain how Sigurd uses a sword in the trailer but Alfred doesn't, I honestly think the answer is disappointing: I think emblems just have a set animation with set weapons. If you look closely in the trailer, Marth uses falchion despite only having a rapier. So I'm guessing while Sigurd only has lances, his battle animation will only use Tyrfing while retaining whatever effects his lances have.

17 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Lastly, to explain how Sigurd uses a sword in the trailer but Alfred doesn't, I honestly think the answer is disappointing: I think emblems just have a set animation with set weapons.

I was afraid that would be the case. But it still seems weird for him to not be able to use Tyrfing at all and for Micaiah to only allow access to staves, so maybe they don't each just represent a single weapon type each? That's just me being hopeful though. While I didn't notice Marth's animations, I did think it was odd that he only used Rapier and Mercurius in battle (but again, he's the only one who can use Falchion in the cast since Alm's not in and Lucina is an archer, so that's odd too).

And to touch on what you guys mentioned before, gauntlets have been gold/ yellow since the reveal trailer so again: I'm really curious what that means! Whether it's just a way of denoting that they're a separate physical weapon type (compared to the ranged colorless bows and tomes) or if there's a second, separate weapon triangle like in Hopes...

22 minutes ago, Crubat said:

I wonder how Celica will heal if someone is not engaged though.

Simply equipping a Ring gives you the Emblem's passives, so maybe Celica will simply have a "Heal" passive like in 3H? Or maybe you can use Emblem weapons without Engaging with them and we just haven't seen it in action/ that needs to be unlocked via Bond levels?

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Simply equipping a Ring gives you the Emblem's passives, so maybe Celica will simply have a "Heal" passive like in 3H? Or maybe you can use Emblem weapons without Engaging with them and we just haven't seen it in action/ that needs to be unlocked via Bond levels?

Looked back at Celine's skills and it seems like there's nothing like that unless it isn't unlocked yet. We'll see, maybe Framme's tweet will clear it up.

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I was afraid that would be the case. But it still seems weird for him to not be able to use Tyrfing at all and for Micaiah to only allow access to staves, so maybe they don't each just represent a single weapon type each? That's just me being hopeful though. While I didn't notice Marth's animations, I did think it was odd that he only used Rapier and Mercurius in battle (but again, he's the only one who can use Falchion in the cast since Alm's not in and Lucina is an archer, so that's odd too).

And to touch on what you guys mentioned before, gauntlets have been gold/ yellow since the reveal trailer so again: I'm really curious what that means! Whether it's just a way of denoting that they're a separate physical weapon type (compared to the ranged colorless bows and tomes) or if there's a second, separate weapon triangle like in Hopes...

I have a feeling based on the bond you have with the Emblem will determine what weapon you can use. Like for Marth it would be Rapier->Mercurius->Falchion. The map where Céline used Warp Ragnarok seemed to be late-early game and if she comes with Celica, she could probably get a high enough bond with her to use it.

Alfred and Sigurd seem weird. I'm sure he will give Tyrfing to someone, we'll just have to wait and see since we really know nothing about how engaging works and even how weapons work in this game. Will be interesting to see.

2 hours ago, Crubat said:

We'll see, maybe Framme's tweet will clear it up.

Good point, that'll show if she's a dedicated healer or not!

I do think we're in an era where healers are expected to also fight though, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's described as using staves and fists (like a War Cleric).

35 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Good point, that'll show if she's a dedicated healer or not!

I do think we're in an era where healers are expected to also fight though, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's described as using staves and fists (like a War Cleric).

I think it’s a bit better, I don’t think anyone wants to go back to 11 exp a heal being you only reliable method for gain exp.

so we get Kran (?) which may be Kramme/Clamme. his outfit looks nice too

another proof that the animation detail are very nice. the artstyle actually help scenes more vibrant. 

My comment about battle prep actually spot on. Kran has neutral pose when choosing attack but still not choosing which enemy to attack, then when enemy chosen he gets into battle pose. this is very much a staple of modern fighting games when choosing character (look at newer Dead or Alive from KT). a nice touch adding it into SRPG imo

5 hours ago, Azz said:

Interestingly, Céline is wielding a sword rather than a tome which is what we've normally seen her have.. Whether Céline wielding swords means classes have multiple weapon types or if what weapons you can use outside of your class are linked to Emblems I can't really tell. 

Céline in trailer actually equip Iron Sword. you can see it very briefly in the UI after engaging with Celica. but maybe due to warping, she automatically use ragnarok since there's prompt for warp ragnarok.

4 hours ago, Crubat said:

I think emblems just have a set animation with set weapons.

thanks for putting it in first page + translation

i do hope thats not the case with animation, but rather like placeholder animation. that would suck if were true. about Sigurd, the scene where alfred equip him and the scene where he attack has different state of progress. the equipping only has lvl. 1 bond while the attacking scene has lvl. 10, Alfred stats also different between those two. so theres still chance Sigurd using tyrfing because of that. since going from equipped lance to sword animation is weirder than Marth rapier to Falchion

Edited by joevar