Returning characters you DON'T want to see

Fire Emblem Fan

Fire Emblem Engage, a brand new Fire Emblem game, yay! Not only are we getting a brand new cast of characters, but they're also bringing back some old characters. We've explicitly been shown Marth, Celica, and Sigurd, and we can safely assume that Leif, Roy, Lyn, Ike, Micaiah, Lucina, Female Corrin, and Male Byleth will also be in Engage thanks to being shown in the mural during the trailer. And I'm almost positive that there'll be other returning characters that haven't been shown or hinted at yet. I'd be genuinely surprised if Alm, Seliph, Eliwood, Hector, Ephraim, either/both Robins, Chrom, Dimitri, Claude, and Edelgard were left out, and I'd be surprised if they held back the opposite genders for Corrin and Byleth.

But are there any other characters from past games you DON'T want to see brought back? Anyone you just don't like and don't care to see return? Personally, I hope Peri from Fates stays far away. And after my most recent playthrough of Awakening a couple of months ago, my dislike for Nah grew exponentially, I hope they ignore her entirely.

Most of the characters I wouldn't want to see are way too minor for me to be worried that they might show up. I don't like Neimi for instance, or Makalov, but does anyone expect either of them to be in the game? If they are, then the cast of Emblems would be so huge that it would be easy to pick my favourites and just ignore the characters I don't like.

Of the characters who realistically might be included, the ones I don't want to see would be: Edelgard and Rhea, since I have no desire to see yet another rehash of that argument; Camilla, for obvious reasons; and Mark, for being a non-entity of a character who's only there if IS are heavily favouring avatar characters.

Cordelia, she is my personal most hated FE character. So I don’t wanna see her.

4 hours ago, lenticular said:

game? If they are, then the cast of Emblems would be so huge that it would be easy to pick my favourites and just ignore the characters I don't like.

My issue is the opposite, most of my favorites are low popularity characters that never had a chance in the first place.

In terms of those who have an actual chance: Kris. Or any FE12 exclusive character for that matter, it'd be kinda lame since they'd end up having priority over tons of other iconic Archanea characters.

Those who don't really have a chance: Kronya, Faye, Lemon Twins, and Heroes OCs outside of Alfonse, Sharena, and Veronica.

16 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

My issue is the opposite, most of my favorites are low popularity characters that never had a chance in the first place.

Oh, most of my favourites also have basically no chance. But in a world where my no-chance disliked characters get in, there'd be a reasonable chance that some of my no-chance liked characters would be there too.

well to be completely honest  i'm quite positive that not a single non-protagonist character will appear in Engage, except maybe as DLC Emblems

anyway, i don't want to see Camilla and pretty much anyone else from Fates in general, and i'd say Lysithea, Bernadetta and Edelgard

Ephraim and Hector. Ike is already here so I really don't want to see all of my top 3 least fav FE main characters in one game.

Other: Julia's mother, Nuibaba, Caeda (she is probably guaranteed to be in isn't), and that PoR girl that wields Amiti. 

But like what the others said, there are at least 12 rings and I am like most of the lords (only Ike, Sigurd and I guess Eirika would be annoyed me in-game). They are also optional (I think) since you have to equip them. There is always skip button for dialogue. Unless the game actively shove these emblems into cutscenes and forced employment I don't really mind who get in since I can just ignore them.

Gharnef. I think he's such a bland non entity of a character that any villain, or even any other Gharnef would be a more interesting addition. I'd dislike Gharnef getting in solely because he's from Marth games even if he never came off particularly well in any of those games.

So far Gharnef has appeared in more games than any other FE villain and he's still as basic as they come. Engage shouldn't add to yet another game where Gharnef appears without doing or saying anything interesting.

There is no character I actively hate but I would be miffed if some random character I don't have a real opinion about gets in for no real reason.

Like if all the Emblems are main characters and REALLY popular characters (I'm thinking the likes of Felix and Tharja) AND a random Rickard for no reason I would be pissed.

"If they added a random unpopular character couldn't it have been one that I personally like?" would be my reaction.

5 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

They probably won't appear but I'll throw in my two cents: Peri, Camilla, Faye.

You are probably right about Peri but you are being way too optimistic about Camilla and Faye, since the two of them have actual fanbases.

IMHO if the total number of Emblems (including DLC) is in the 50-60 range there is no way we don't get both of them. Especially if they decide to treat all games equally or even semi-equally.

Like, if they decide that Echoes gets 5 Emblems there's no way one of those isn't Faye. I could easily see IS only add ONE character from Alm's Part 1 army and that character being Faye (R.I.P. Lukas and Clair).

11 hours ago, Yexin said:

well to be completely honest  i'm quite positive that not a single non-protagonist character will appear in Engage, except maybe as DLC Emblems

anyway, i don't want to see Camilla and pretty much anyone else from Fates in general, and i'd say Lysithea, Bernadetta and Edelgard

I'm sorry but there's no way the Three House Leaders don't get into this game. They could make them DLC and make it one of the most over-priced DLCs ever and people would buy it anyway because they are that popular.

I would go so far as to say that if they don't make the Three House Leaders DLC (and they aren't base game) than we will simply get no DLC Emblems for this game.

Because there is no other character that would sell as well as them, so why bother?

6 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

They probably won't appear but I'll throw in my two cents: Peri, Camilla, Faye.

Same, though I imagine Camilla at least would be near-first in line for non-Lord DLCs.

If we're just going by Lords or secondary protagonists though and not just taking potshots at people we don't like 😛, I really don't want to exist in a timeline where only one or two of the 3H Lords make it in, since the discourse in ANY Fire Emblem forum is going to be insufferable. Either give us all of them or none of them.

Among characters who have a solid chance, I'm gonna say the Heroes and Warriors MCs. Because I have basically no attraction to those games.

Camilla, I'm mixed on. I really like her hair, and being a flying hybrid axe/magic unit would be an awesome niche. But her personality isn't great, and I hate the fanservicey aspects of her portrayal.

I'll add Tharja to the pile. Honestly, I'm even more down on her than I am on onee-san. Same bad (worse?) personality, with a less compelling design. I don't think she's likely, but she was popular enough to get into the beach DLC. And Warriors. And her own figurine.

Limit 3H representation to Byleth only.  Though I'm pretty sure this won't happen, as the other main characters make for juicy DLC (especially Claude, being a bow guy in a sea of melee and all).

9 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I'm sorry but there's no way the Three House Leaders don't get into this game. They could make them DLC and make it one of the most over-priced DLCs ever and people would buy it anyway because they are that popular.

I would go so far as to say that if they don't make the Three House Leaders DLC (and they aren't base game) than we will simply get no DLC Emblems for this game.

Because there is no other character that would sell as well as them, so why bother?

you're probably right about this, but truth be told, as i already said elsewhere, i don't expect any other FE character to appear during the main story but the 12 we already know.

i can totally see DLCs adding more Emblrms, especially 3H's house leaders and others like Hector and Eliwood, and i would honestly be more than ok with that.

9 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'll add Tharja to the pile. Honestly, I'm even more down on her than I am on onee-san. Same bad (worse?) personality, with a less compelling design. I don't think she's likely, but she was popular enough to get into the beach DLC. And Warriors. And her own figurine.

It's an 8-inch tall figurine, too. That's one big jar.

Out of characters who have zero chance, Gheb.

Out of characters who have some chance... I'm inclined to vote Oliver, because I think he has a non-negligible chance and his status as a joke character whose absolutely wretched traits we're supposed to overlook for jokes kinda rubs me the wrong way. At least he the narcissist parts of his personality are amusing, which is more than Gheb has.

Out of characters who are moderately likely, Alfonse and Sharena. I played FEH for four and a half books before giving up and I still never managed to connect with these two.

Out of characters who are very likely, Hector. Never was much of a fan, but Heroes playing up the "creepily controls who his daughter can date" aspects of him (otherwise buried in a particularly weird support in Blazing, if I recall correctly) has put him in my personal "nope" pile as far as lords go.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 9:57 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

And Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Given that game's small cast size, that's a bigger claim to fame.