Guys, guys, guys...it's been Canter this whole time

Jotari

On 9/16/2022 at 3:05 AM, lenticular said:

Sword fighter? Swordsman/Swordswoman? Duelist? Fencer? None of them are perfect, but I think that any of them better represent the class than Myrmidon does. If it were my pick, I think I'd probably go for Duelist.

How about "Slasher"? It would fit with the "-er" endings of other first-tier physical infantry classes (i.e. Archer, Fighter, Soldier). Admittedly, "Fencer" could apply to a similar extent, without sounding quite as gruesome.

On 9/16/2022 at 5:36 AM, VincentASM said:

Bolganone for me walks a thin line between looking weird and being just goofy enough to look good. If they had to change it, I'd prefer something closer to Volcanon, because "Volcano" by itself is kinda boring IMO.

I've always pronounced it with a soft G (i.e. "BULGE-a-known"), well before I discovered that the katakana rendered it as a hard G. In my defense, neither name makes much sense at all.

Anyway... I think I'm gonna miss "Canto". Despite being formed out of an apparent mistake in localization, it's established its own identity within the community. I definitely prefer it to "Re-move", since you don't "move again" - you continue moving after combat or another non-turn-ending action. But "Canter"... I'm willing to work with this.

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I've always pronounced it with a soft G (i.e. "BULGE-a-known"), well before I discovered that the katakana rendered it as a hard G. In my defense, neither name makes much sense at all.

I can't be the only one whose brain defaults it to a city in northern Italy.