Japanese Fire Emblem Engage Trailer has a few differences

Crubat

Namely, the trailer has (probably) the correct combat numbers. There are also small differences in combat animations and Vander is at 2:13 instead of Framme's brother. That's all I noticed.

Ok, I noticed Vander looked like he had some casual clothes on instead of his armor in that part from 2:13.

And also, I just noticed in the part for 2:16 from the Japanese Trailer that shown Citrinne had a list of five outfits instead of six outfits from the English Trailer. (I think it had to be the Training Wear, I don't know if that be the one that was missing from the trailer or had to be the other three after the first two?)

Edited by King Marth 64

14 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Ok, I noticed Vander looked like he had some casual clothes on instead of his armor in that part from 2:13.

And also, I just noticed in the part for 2:16 from the Japanese Trailer that shown Citrinne had a list of five outfits instead of six outfits from the English Trailer. (I think it had to be the Training Wear, I don't know if that be the one that was missing from the trailer or had to be the other three after the first two?)

Looked at the translation of it and Blue-Sky Dress is not in the japanese trailer

11 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Looked at the translation of it and Blue-Sky Dress is not in the japanese trailer

Huh. That was pretty odd that Blue-Sky Dress was missing from the Japanese Trailer Footage. That makes me wondered if we might have to pay a Blue-Sky Dress to Citrinne as one of the purchased clothes in the game? 🤔 (or might be in-game reward instead) 

Edited by King Marth 64

7 hours ago, link16hit said:

the english player is probably cheating (13 13 as for Chloe in JP, 42 42 in ENG trailer)

that or the english player overleveled Chloe. Considering the overall differing combat numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if the difference was both in terms of grind and difficulty setting

3 hours ago, Vexal said:

that or the english player overleveled Chloe. Considering the overall differing combat numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if the difference was both in terms of grind and difficulty setting

Well she still has 24 HP.

... actually she's lost some in the JP trailer only, so she has the most there

It'd be funny if they rigged the numbers to simply get a OHKO, and then actually got a crit and included the clip as is.

25 minutes ago, Cysx said:

It'd be funny if they rigged the numbers to simply get a OHKO, and then actually got a crit and included the clip as is.

they did it in TH trailer, why not do it again in engage. since they had to make 2 separate trailer for different language but with exact same scene where they proc a crit and kill. imagine the boring process the guy playing the game for trailer has to go through same scene/battle so many time just to get desired result because RNG

On 9/17/2022 at 8:25 AM, joevar said:

they did it in TH trailer, why not do it again in engage. since they had to make 2 separate trailer for different language but with exact same scene where they proc a crit and kill. imagine the boring process the guy playing the game for trailer has to go through same scene/battle so many time just to get desired result because RNG

Logically they should be able to simply tell the game "this attack triggers a crit" without it having to appear in the numbers. In fact I believe that's how they'd historically always done it, until the 100% Petra crit. Which in the end I think was simply the Koei way of doing it.

Anyway... who knows really.

4 hours ago, Cysx said:

Logically they should be able to simply tell the game "this attack triggers a crit" without it having to appear in the numbers. In fact I believe that's how they'd historically always done it, until the 100% Petra crit. Which in the end I think was simply the Koei way of doing it.

Anyway... who knows really.

you mean overriding the coding logic that non crit attack become a forced crit attack? sounds more complex and hassle than just changing numbers corellate to stats, which dont have any risk of coding hiccup.  i sure dont want to do that if part of the tester team. even kids can change stat number via a cheat engine, without knowing how to code. thats how easy it is

3 hours ago, joevar said:

you mean overriding the coding logic that non crit attack become a forced crit attack? sounds more complex and hassle than just changing numbers corellate to stats, which dont have any risk of coding hiccup.  i sure dont want to do that if part of the tester team. even kids can change stat number via a cheat engine, without knowing how to code. thats how easy it is

Well it can be more dynamic, depending on the code. It's just a trigger at the end of the day; it can even be included in advance for this kind of purposes and left inactive. There are many ways to do it, you could also change the numbers internally without having it display on screen. Or it can be simple rng manipulation. I'm spîtballing a little and haven't coded in a while, but it's not necesarily that complex; especially not when it comes to code you've created yourself and is readily accessible.

The issue of doing it superficially is that... idk, it looks a bit unprofessional I guess? You're showing something off after all, taking shortcuts that are plainly visible to your audience is kinda lazy.

Edited by Cysx

The reason it was done historically, but not any more is probably because games have gotten more complicated.

It's easy if it's a one-man job. But this is a large scale project with thousands of people and many thousands of files. It might sound simple adding, say, a debug mode/script but you never know how it'll interact with everything else.

Now I don't claim to have any actual game dev knowledge, but even while ROM hacking, I can't count the number of times I've broken the game just by modifying something small ^^;;;

Therefore, it's probably best to keep things as simple as possible. So if there's a risk that a debug mode/script could mess things up, I'd rather leave it out, ahaha.

Edited by VincentASM

53 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

The reason it was done historically, but not any more is probably because games have gotten more complicated.

It's easy if it's a one-man job. But this is a large scale project with thousands of people and many thousands of files. It might sound simple adding, say, a debug mode/script but you never know how it'll interact with everything else.

Now I don't claim to have any actual game dev knowledge, but even while ROM hacking, I can't count the number of times I've broken the game just by modifying something small ^^;;;

Therefore, it's probably best to keep things as simple as possible. So if there's a risk that a debug mode/script could mess things up, I'd rather leave it out, ahaha.

I think the planning idea makes a lot of sense in that regard, but this may or may not be what they're doing. And I agree, the people doing the code and the ones working on trailers are potentially from different teams, unlike I implied.

... though in general while there is that one instance of weird numbers in the english trailer, every other crit (and maybe dodge?) still seems the same way as before with Alear critting with a 2% and Vander with a 5% on twitter. Doesn't mean that it is the same, but...

Edited by Cysx

• 1 month later...