Favorite designs so far?

Ace_

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's something about the Framme and her brother's designs that really endear me to them. I especially like their matching braids with the ribbons threaded through them, it's very cute. I'm really eager to get a better look at some of the barely revealed characters though; there's a redheaded male unit who might be related to the redhead older man we see in the trailer I'd like to see in particular.

I've also warmed up to both Alears significantly when I realised a lot of names in the game we've seen so are French (including their sword) and they're the colours of the French flag. French Emblem, if you will. I thought it was funny.

Chloé is my favorite by a significant amount. Pegasus knights are often my favorites, and from a visual standpoint, Chloé is definitively one of the great ones as far as I'm concerned.

I will also say that Vander is near the top of Jeigans for me. Similarly, I'm usually not too fond of the "kid" characters, but I do like Framme and her brother a fair bit.

On 9/17/2022 at 7:28 AM, Maimishou said:

Chloe.png

Mage Girl.png

At first I thought blue haired girl was Fiora. Chloe looks good anyway

On 9/17/2022 at 2:35 PM, Crubat said:

I like the look of a lot of the characters shown honestly.

But I'm really liking him, I hope we get a name soon uwu

He gives villain vibes but if he is playable he is my favorite for now 

Edited by genesis

Ironically Enjoy: Female Alears hairstyle falls pretty hard into the "so bad it's good" category and I end up finding it hilariously endearing. It honestly makes me hope there are other ridiculous costumes to equip for some more dumb fun.

Unironically Enjoy: Vander looks cool, and I've been warming up to the cobra dragon design. I also think the previous protagonists look great, though that could just be because they had good designs in the first place.

I don't have any strong feelings yet for anyone else. I don't hate the designs, but none are grabbing me. Weirdly enough, though, the three eyed villain is growing on me. The design is incredible generic, but after imagining the guy acting smug or getting angry and overall being scummy, I can see it being the fun kind of generic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Vander and Louis are my favorites at the moment.

(Opinion): Every single woman in this game is a design nightmare, so far.  All of them.  It's like the devs loaded all of these girls into a giant cannon naked and shot them through a series of clotheslines filled with brassieres, halloween costumes and life-sized Barbie-doll accessories.  Not a one of them I'm able to take seriously.  Now, FE has never been the peak of 'realistic outfit design', there's been some crazy shit in the past (still remember Jakob spending most of the game wearing a chef's hat on his head and a Hoshidan medicine cabinet on his back), but this?  This is a whole new level...and apparently we're going to play dress-up with them even more.

Edited by EdeaCreamer

On 9/18/2022 at 4:04 PM, Shadow Mir said:

I seriously hope it's male Byleth. Or if not, a redesigned female Byleth, as her original outfit is an utter abomination.

I think male Byleth is the one featured in that "heroes of old" wheel right at the beginning of the direct footage

On 11/16/2022 at 9:32 AM, EdeaCreamer said:

and apparently we're going to play dress-up with them even more.

If anything, you should see that as a potential saving grace because it'll let you ditch said horrid outfits in favor of having at least one alternative that might be something resembling sensible.

Oh, who am I kidding? It'll just be bride, bunny, maid, nurse, school, and swimsuit options. Gotta appeal to all tastes, after all. Heroes already established that the series has no dignity when there's money to be made.

While no character individually has got me really excited, I do like the the desert kingdom characters. They look fun.

Spoiler

I believe their names are Timerra and Fogato.

4 hours ago, CompteSecours said:

I know it's an artwork but this guy has "main character" written on his face and I love it.

engage_main_character.jpg

His hair is really weird. It seems to have a variable number of red streaks depending on the angle. Wonder if there's anything to that, or it's just good ol' rule of cool.

Edited by Cysx

Nevermind it's DIAMANT and SEADAS (male dancer)

The men in this game >>>> 

Usually the female side of the cast leaves a stronger impression. But it looks like it's the bros time to shine. 

I still like Timerra and Fogato a lot though.

11 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Timerra, Diamante, Male Dancer and Hortensia's retainer whose wearing yellow and brown (I read somewhere her name is Goldmari? Marigold?) are probably my favourite so far. 

Probably Marigold to stick with the floral/plant theme Elusia has going on.