Do you think M!Corrin and F!Byleth will be in Engage from launch?

DefyingFates

I was wondering if we'd get a FEW1 situation where one gender was used in the story and the second was unlocked for supports and non-canon stuff, though I guess they could also be free Day One DLC or something. It just feels weird to only have one version of each available: even Three Hopes let you choose version of Byleth you wanted as an enemy after all.

Of course, best case scenario is that you get both Corrins and Byleths in the main story, so you have 14 Emblems to play around with, but I don't know if that would be considered wishful thinking or not.

What do you all think?

I'm of the people who think we're only getting 12 rings, not anymore than the characters they've shown so I don't think they'll have female byleth or male corrin tbh. This game wasn't really rushed but I just get the feeling that we're not getting anymore than what was shown.

If it is a case we'll only be getting the 12 on the mural, it will only be F!Corrin and M!Byleth. If we get more than the 12, we'll definitely get both

I think there's a good chance, FByleth is very popular and with examples like the aforementioned Warriors in mind they do try to allow the player to use their preferred avatar of choice, even if they have to be unlocked first. So I think Engage will do the same and have FByleth and MCorrin in there somewhere, even if it means they'll be more on the sidelines relative to their counterparts.

I could settle for that @Medeus, especially if they need to be featured in prerendered cutscenes. They'll already need to make two variants of each for the Alears: with both Byleth and Corrin in the mix they'll need eight. That said, they made four of each for Three Hopes so maybe that's something they're willing to do. It's mostly a space issue compared to a time issue after all.

I think it depends on if we're getting more Emblems than the twelve in the mural or not. I know there are rumors (From leaks maybe?) that we're getting more than twelve, but erring on the safe side and assuming we really only get the ones in the mural I don't think we're getting male!Corrin and female!Byleth at all.

I'm honestly hoping they do, but it's a coinflip IMO.

I'm just judging by how FEW and 3Hopes were treated. In FEW, you were stuck with 1 but could unlock the opposite gender via other means, but it didn't change the dialogue and cutscenes in story mode. But in 3Hopes, you were able to choose Byleth's gender in the beginning. If they don't make it in, they'll probably at least be unlockable.

If M!Corrin and F!Byleth do make it in, I'm just curious as to how they'll be able to implement which gender you're able to choose in the story. Maybe it'll be like 3Hopes where they cannot remember if they're male or female and you choose the option via dialogue ? Or maybe there'll be 2 rings--one for each gender--and you're only allowed to choose one ?

I just really want M!Corrin to make it just cause he gets shafted in every Corrin-related appearance ã… ã… 

Edited by LJ_Reflet

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

So M!Alear gets M!Byleth and F!Corrin, or do you mean he'd get both male avatars?

I'm kinda in the mindset of it'll be an completely opposite sex kind of thing. Or they could have did the same with 3 Hopes and let us choose which one we get.

But it would be kind of weird to have two version of the same character running around.

18 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I'm kinda in the mindset of it'll be an completely opposite sex kind of thing.

That...seems incredibly unlikely. Most players will choose the same gender avatar from game to game, so this would mean players would specifically get the version of past avatars they didn't use and have little to no connection to.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

That...seems incredibly unlikely. Most players will choose the same gender avatar from game to game, so this would mean players would specifically get the version of past avatars they didn't use and have little to no connection to.

Yeah, I sure hope not. I'm not a fan of female Corrin's design (Smash Bros. aside), and it's no secret that I utterly despise the female Byleth's design with the fury of an angry god.

7 hours ago, Armchair General said:

But it would be kind of weird to have two version of the same character running around.

Both Engage and FEH seem to treat FE as a multiverse, so they could explain it that way.

Also, now that I think about it. Byleth and Corrin are the only Emblems with a proficiency in Brawling and Dragonstones respectively, so maybe they'll double up for that reason alone?