Best (2nd)Dad for Lucina?

Oso_Peluche

Probably an odd title for people not familiar with the Gay Awakening hack.
But I've had a strong urge to replay Awakening but this time finally try to beat Apotheosis, I'm also using the Class Gender Lock removal mod so passing Galeforce is mostly not an issue. So I'm mostly curious about what other Father's stats would help Lucina the most!

For the class changes with the gender lock removal mod

• Spoiler

• Gaius
      • Loses Fighter, gains Pegasus Knight
      • Passes down Pegasus Knight to both male and female children
    • Donnel
      • Loses Fighter, gains Pegasus Knight
      • Passes down Pegasus Knight to both male and female children
      • Villager will remain male-only and will be translated to Knight for female children
    • Vaike
      • Keeps Fighter and Barbarian
      • Passes down both Fighter and Barbarian to both female and male children
    • Gregor
      • Keeps Barbarian
      • Passes down Barbarian to both female and male children

• I'm assuming for the characters not listen their class list is the same and I'm not sure if Donnel is an S support option for Chrom with the Gay Awakening mod.

Obvious answer is probably Robin, but I want to use someone else.

Kinda tempting to go with Gaius to be honest. But I don't remember how Stat Inheritance works at all, it's been a while since I played.

Hey, I'm the creator of the gender-lock removal mod ! Super happy to see others playing with my mod !

As of now, I don't believe Donnel's an S-support option for Chrom--the head of the Gay Awakening mod is pretty strict about age differences so Donnel's locked out of a few new support options.

I definitely recommend Gaius as Lucina's 2nd dad. Gaius!Lucina ends up getting Galeforce access, on top of both Swordfaire and Lancefaire--both weaponfaires that are relevant to Lucina's several endgame class options like Great Lord and Paladin. She ends up slightly similar to Olivia!Lucina, but with a better strength growth/modifier and it's a LOT easier for Chrom to marry Gaius than Olivia since you don't have to manipulate Chrom's support. Gaius!Lucina does lose out on the Mercenary line for Sol and Armsthrift compared to Olivia!Lucina, but her innate Aether makes up for Sol at the least. Funnily enough, Gaius!Lucina will have Pegasus Knight even without my gender-lock removal mod, but you can at least pick up Galeforce on Gaius before recruiting Lucina. 

4 hours ago, Oso_Peluche said:

Kinda tempting to go with Gaius to be honest. But I don't remember how Stat Inheritance works at all, it's been a while since I played.

Stat inheritance is basically an average of the child unit's personal stats plus both the parents personal stats. I'll use Gaius!Lucina's SPD growth as example:

• Lucina's personal base SPD growth is 45, Gaius' personal base SPD growth is 45, and Chrom's personal base SPD growth is 40
  • (45 + 45 + 40) / 3 = 43.33%
  • Gaius!Lucina's personal base SPD growth will be 43.33%

Stat caps will just be parents' caps plus child's caps added together, PLUS an extra +1

• Gaius' SPD cap is +2, Chrom's is +1, and Lucina gets an extra +1
  • Gaius!Lucina's SPD cap = +4 (got damn that's good)

So yeah, Gaius!Lucina's probably your best bet if you're doing gay marriage haha. If you need any other help, the Gay Awakening mod has their own Discord channel ! If you want an invite lmk ! (Or I believe the invite link should be linked somewhere on the Gay Awakening Tumblr)

It's you! Thanks so much for the mod, it really adds another fun layer to the gameplay.

So you basically confirmed what I was thinking, Gaius would make a super speedy Lucina! Thanks! And I was thinking about Sol, but since she straight up gets Aether I won't miss it much. I did use to marry Chrom to Freddrick, while Lucina was pretty strong from that the class inheritance left so much to be desired, think it was Cavalier and Archer, which I'm pretty sure Chrom also gives that to her.

I'll love the invite link! It's been so long since I've been active in the Gay awakening community that I honestly have no idea what's what anymore.

21 hours ago, Oso_Peluche said:

It's you! Thanks so much for the mod, it really adds another fun layer to the gameplay.

So you basically confirmed what I was thinking, Gaius would make a super speedy Lucina! Thanks! And I was thinking about Sol, but since she straight up gets Aether I won't miss it much. I did use to marry Chrom to Freddrick, while Lucina was pretty strong from that the class inheritance left so much to be desired, think it was Cavalier and Archer, which I'm pretty sure Chrom also gives that to her.

I'll love the invite link! It's been so long since I've been active in the Gay awakening community that I honestly have no idea what's what anymore.

I actually double checked on Olivia!Lucina, and I just remembered she cannot inherit Mercenary cause Olivia only passes that down to male children oops LOL. So, regardless, Gaius!Lucina really is just a slightly stronger/faster Olivia!Lucina and gets Trickster on top of that (if you find any value in Trickster) haha.

And yeah, Frederick isn't that great of a parent because his speed mod is a huge bane on kids, and his class set is less than ideal (Wyvern Rider's okay I guess?). So def go Gaius!Lucina !

And sure ! The link for the Discord invite is linked in the Gay Awakening Tumblr page here (scroll down a little bit to find it) ! The Unofficial Gay Fates server is more active and also offers help on general 3DSFE modding as well and I believe the invite for the link is in their Gamebanana page.