Divine Edition available for Preorder

wslegolas

Hi all,

I know the special editions can go very quickly so for those who haven't seen yet, the Divine Edition is available for Preorder: https://www.ign.com/articles/fire-emblem-engage-release-date-divine-edition

Although I'm not much of an art person I do like to collect the special editions if I can. Though a downside is not getting the digital copy of the game. 

What do you think of the divine edition and value for it's price?

$100 seems fair enough considering that's how much most special/gold editions go for on launch day. You've got the base game for $60, the steelbook's probably around $20-40, and the poster, art cards and art book cover the remaining cost (or just serve as an extra incentive to buy the Divine Edition if the steelbook's worth $40 alone). 

I've already put in a preorder myself at Gamestop just the other day, so I have managed to secure myself a copy of Fire Emblem Engage: Divine Edition. I'd say the price is worth it considering everything you're getting for this special edition. The art book and cards will be nice little collectibles to hold onto and the poster looks pretty cool. I'm a physical purchaser anyways, so I see this as an absolute win.

I have two main problems with special editions. The first is that I'm rarely, if ever, interested in all the stuff that gets bundled. I like art books, for instance, but have zero interest in posters or steelbooks (seriously, can someone explain to me what the point of a steelbook is supposed to be?). The second is that I never know whether I'll like a game enough to care about the miscellaneous gubbins and tchotchkes until after I've played it. Maybe I'll end up absolutely loving Engage and really wish that I had that art book, but maybe I'll end up hating it, in which case I definitely won't.

I don't think this special edition is particularly egregious in comparison to other video game special editions, but I also generally see most special editions as being a gamble at best and a rip off at worst. So no, not worth it to me.

I preordered mine at GameStop Monday and I am looking forward to it.  The only special editions I buy are FE ones so of course I had to get this one to keep up the collection.

I also pre-ordered from GameStop as well, however, it should be noted that GameStop has a shaky  history when it comes to Pre-order bonuses, they will sometimes take more order than they actually have, and then call you few days Before launch telling you they sold out. I pre-ordered Three Houses Special Edition from GameStop and it came fine, but someone on the forums said they cancelled his special edition order of Three Houses. 

I preordered  mine already in Gamestop too, only then I realised I could've gotten it cheaper elsewhere... I don't know if its different else where but GS only allows you to cancel preorders in store so I couldn't cancel RIP.

Regardless, am super excited. I only buy FE special editions since Fates and none of them have let me down in regard to the contents they have (especially the SoV SE which had both the Alm and Celica amiibos here in Europe). Am especially excited for the artbook and also the poster (which surprisingly FE SEs don't tend to have...).

1 hour ago, ZeManaphy said:

I also pre-ordered from GameStop as well, however, it should be noted that GameStop has a shaky  history when it comes to Pre-order bonuses, they will sometimes take more order than they actually have, and then call you few days Before launch telling you they sold out. I pre-ordered Three Houses Special Edition from GameStop and it came fine, but someone on the forums said they cancelled his special edition order of Three Houses. 

That one if I remember right was because the store had a glitch that said there was still preorders when there weren't (the person was trying to preorder after every store was sold out not just GameStop) so while it was sad it wasn't the store's fault but their systems.  With GameStop the best thing to do is 1.) be a pro member, it is $20 a year but you get a $5 coupon every month so it works out.  And 2) pay in full well before the release of the game, GameStop allows you to just put $5 down to reserve a copy but if you only put that down until release you are the most likely to have your order canceled.  I have been preordering from them for well over 10 years now and I have never had a preorder canceled and always had great service at my local stores.  

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Don’t you guys find it very interesting that FE Engage was only officially announced about four months from when it gets released?

Not really surprising, since this happened with echoes before + it's been 3 years since three houses + the leak (which I personally believed when it was shown)

2 minutes ago, Crubat said:

Not really surprising, since this happened with echoes before + it's been 3 years since three houses + the leak (which I personally believed when it was shown)

Yeah but at least with Echoes we knew it was going to be a remake, therefore had some idea of what it was going to be like thanks FE Gaiden. With Engage we only really have the trailer, some short videos and a few other bits of information.

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Yeah but at least with Echoes we knew it was going to be a remake, therefore had some idea of what it was going to be like thanks FE Gaiden. With Engage we only really have the trailer, some short videos and a few other bits of information.

Well they are going to be showing more, there *IS* still 4 months left to showcase more

33 minutes ago, Alear said:

Don't know why it matters to you but I'm getting a second one for a friend.

Just curious is all 😊 Couldn't imagine why anyone would need 2 divine editions. Now I know.

Edited by Taho

7 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

I had good luck with the Fire Emblem: 30th Anniversary Special Edition, but for what that was worth, that was in-store and with the $5 down as opposed to the full price. And I did the same with this game. Not sure if that will make a difference. Hopefully, I won't face a cancellation.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

On 9/21/2022 at 1:34 AM, lenticular said:

but have zero interest in posters or steelbooks (seriously, can someone explain to me what the point of a steelbook is supposed to be?)

It's stronger than an Ironbook, while being cheaper than a Silverbook.