Favorite Route?

Favorite Route?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite route?

• Scarlet Blaze
    • Azure Gleam
    • Golden Wildfire

Golden Wildfire. I think the route should get a lot of credit for expanding on the Alliance and Claude's scheming in ways that Verdant Wind refused to do. It shares a lot of plot points with Crimson Blaze but its a lot more cohesive. In Blaze you hop back and forth between different sides of Fodlan a lot but the Wildfire campaigns are a lot more focused. And while they share a lot of plotpoints I think Crimson Flower kinda drops the ball at the end.

Azure Gleam gets points for originality. Crimson Blaze and Golden Wildfire seem different adaptions of the same events but Azure Gleam is wholly unique. Its just a shame that the unique events getting depicted are...bad. Replacing Edelgard as an antagonist with a bunch of joke villains makes it lose out be default. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

It's a tough choice. While I do like AG, it's a mess gameplay wise, Dimitri like to bugger off, and it doesn't even have a good final boss!

It's really between SB and GW.... who have the same final boss. Bruh. But GW really did what I feel like VW should have been, Claude in GW is such an experience, I love it.

If I'm being honest my favourite is Scarlet Blaze because it lets me play as Edelgard and Hubert. That's it, nothing deeper than that.

But I have a lot of respect for Golden Wildfire. I agree with the sentiment that it's what VW should have been; it's fun watching Claude play his hand and ensure the survival and prosperity of Leicester despite having the weakest hand militarily of any of the factions.