Different Idea for Hana?

Barren

Here's a question for those who still play fates. I know Hana in Birthright can do fine as a Swordmaster or MoA pending on what you need. But I'm wondering if she can do well in other classes? Like I'm thinking Priestess with Quick Draw since she's more physical than Sakura. Like I could have her get A+ with Setsuna then marry Hinata for Death Blow and maybe Counter? (I've heard Counter is too niche so I can live without it)

Or I could do Maid Hana with a A+ with Felicia and marry her off to Takumi. Quick Draw and Tomebreaker cold be a thing for her and she could even keep Vantage + Miracle. (I know Miracle is luck based and I could even ignore that unless I need filler). I know that Seal Strength will definitely help out her survivability a bit. Could even throw in Air Superiority or Certain Blow to make her effective on player phase.

Any thoughts on either idea? Or I should just stick her to being sword locked. Her sword rank is already at B on my run.

If you're making her an archer, then  you shouldn't really be worrying about her survivability. She should be killing enemies, or setting up other units to kill enemies. And with her high strength she might be able to do a decent job of that. Seal Defense would be better in that regard, or the Strength Taker DLC skill.

Disregard EP Hana. That will only bring pain.

Archer -> Sniper/Kinshi (via A Setsuna, S Takumi)

Ninja -> Master Ninja (via S Saizo)

Hana won´t need Seal Def - she`s going to kill people as an Archer when considering QD and her offensive stats. Seal Def is for tanks and that, she is not. Sniper for mo` accuracy and Bowfaire when the time comes. Consider Kinshi as her final class because Mov etc.

Ninja does everything Archer does but with 1-2 and more Res. With specific breakerskills she might be evasive enough to dodgetank the respective weapons. 

If you wanna include DLC: Dreadfighter, because Dreadfighter is good on practically any physical unit; Galeforce from Dark Flier in combination with STRTaker makes for quick STRstacks.

If you want to be really broken: Kinshi Hana, with Bowfaire, STRTaker, Replicate, Galeforce and +X Skill. That could be Life and Death from the inherent MoA for max dps, Aggressor from Dreadfighter/Quick Dra to rev the STRTaker engine, or CertainBlow to never see a miss again.

Though ofc there´s a lot of problems with weapon ranks with this and by the sound of that B swords you are quite a bit along the campaign.

I’m actually on chapter 11 right now and she is currently level 13 I think as a shrine maiden for some free exp. She already had miracle though I am going to quickly switch her out afterwards.

Sniper/Kinshi Knight sounds better on her definitely. Though I could still A+ Setsuna and then maybe marry Saizo like you said for Master Ninja. As a master ninja she gets her sword rank back and gets to work on her shuriken rank.

Plus I was working on her support with Felicia so she could unlock MoA for herself and carry seal strength. I could do LoD for the two of them and just let then fire away from range.

I could do Kaze x Hana but I already have Kaze x Rinkah in mind because I want to pass down Salvage Blow to further take advantage of her personal ability to farm items for me along with profiteer to make money.

These ideas I brought up are some other ways I think she can contribute to my Birthright party. Obviously Ryoma exists so she's outclassed but I've always liked Hana as a unit. She's a straight forward physical attacker that could maybe appreciate other skills from her reclass options.

As for Saizo, I was thinking either Orochi so he can snag magic +2 and rend heaven before he goes to Master Ninja so he could use Flame Shuriken effectively. Or maybe Sakura to let Asugi use Flame Shuriken. I never did think of Saizo x Hana until @Imuabicus pointed it out. It is an interesting idea for her. I was also reasing up on Saizo pairing analysis on reddit done by Shephen, and Saizo appriciates Hana's pair up bonuses. He's currently working towards Darting Blow since he already is a Sky Knight. I might keep him there for a couple of chapters for flyign locktouch utility.

Using salvage blow on Midori to make even more money sounds very entertaining and I might give it a go in my next run myself. (Planning to do a lunatic, no royals iron man)

Do you plan to heart seal Saizo to Basara via partner seal from Orochi pair up? If you do this, does he gain the skills from spear fighter or from diviner, since basara can be promoted to from both classes. Does it depend on who the heart seal is from, since Orochi does not have access to spear fighters skills, or at least I assume she does not gain them from promoting to Basara. Did you make Saizo a sky knight via A+ Friendship with Subaki?

3 hours ago, Barren said:

I could do Kaze x Hana but I already have Kaze x Rinkah in mind because I want to pass down Salvage Blow to further take advantage of her personal ability to farm items for me along with profiteer to make money.

Hm. You are playing Birthright, there is technically no need for extra grinding via units. Kaze x Rinkah sounds infinitely better than Kaze x Hana for both Kaze and Hana.

3 hours ago, Barren said:

Obviously Ryoma exists so she's outclassed but I've always liked Hana as a unit. She's a straight forward physical attacker that could maybe appreciate other skills from her reclass options.

Alternatively a Great Lord/Vantage build with Awakening, Vantage, SPDtaker for max avoid without breaker skills.

4 hours ago, Barren said:

As for Saizo, I was thinking either Orochi so he can snag magic +2 and rend heaven before he goes to Master Ninja so he could use Flame Shuriken effectively.

Omnyoji Orochi I think gives +6MAG/4SPD at Srank on pairup? That´s all Saizo needs to double and I´m pretty sure doubling with Flame Shuriken 1RKOs in Birthright. It will cripple his kids speed tho. I don´t think he´s gonna need Rend Heaven to secue kills.

Looking it up she should also be able to get Archer from Takumi, and since you work on Hana/Felicia anyway...  should also make Kiragi a heavy hitter.

Also: Average Stats Calc And: Yet another Calculator

38 minutes ago, Ⱥstra said:

If you do this, does he gain the skills from spear fighter or from diviner, since basara can be promoted to from both classes.

Skills always come from the base class of the character you got the class from. If before 1/20, you´d promote Orochi!Saizo into a Diviner hence those skills.

Honestly, I'd say you can't go wrong with making Hana a ranged class, primarily archer.

5 hours ago, Barren said:

I'd consider that a good money making scheme... if it wasn't laughable, glacial, and laughably glacial, that is.

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Honestly, I'd say you can't go wrong with making Hana a ranged class, primarily archer.

I'd consider that a good money making scheme... if it wasn't laughable, glacial, and laughably glacial, that is.

glacial? What does that mean and do you mean to say it is not a good money making scheme?

2 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Skills always come from the base class of the character you got the class from. If before 1/20, you´d promote Orochi!Saizo into a Diviner hence those skills.

Don't you learn the base class skills from your other reclass options? I paired Felicia with Arthur my playthrough and she learned both fighter and mercenary skills as a hero.

31 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Don't you learn the base class skills from your other reclass options? I paired Felicia with Arthur my playthrough and she learned both fighter and mercenary skills as a hero.

Maybe because Fighter and Merc both go into Hero and you didn´t have either skills?

10 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Maybe because Fighter and Merc both go into Hero and you didn´t have either skills?

Aw frick, right. I misread stuff a little bit.

It does make me curious though. If a unit had neither Diviner or Spear Fighter innately, but got them both from friendship and partner seals, would they they get tier 1 skills from both classes as a Basara?

I might have to test that, or some equivalent. Might be easier to set up with different classes, I don't think Saizo can even get Diviner or Spear Fighter from friendship. He could probably do something parallel with Kinshi, though.

2 hours ago, Ⱥstra said:

glacial? What does that mean and do you mean to say it is not a good money making scheme?

Glacial means slow. And yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Glacial means slow. And yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

It's not even meant to make a competitive Midori. If I wanted to make a more efficient Midori I would do Kaze x Mozu or even Setsuna and ensure she has Quick Draw. 

She can even hook up with Hikari if need be. 

37 minutes ago, Barren said:

It's not even meant to make a competitive Midori. If I wanted to make a more efficient Midori I would do Kaze x Mozu or even Setsuna and ensure she has Quick Draw. 

By competitive, do you mean online play or optimized for single player? Also who is Hikari?

5 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It does make me curious though. If a unit had neither Diviner or Spear Fighter innately, but got them both from friendship and partner seals, would they they get tier 1 skills from both classes as a Basara?

I might have to test that, or some equivalent. Might be easier to set up with different classes, I don't think Saizo can even get Diviner or Spear Fighter from friendship. He could probably do something parallel with Kinshi, though.

I am very curious about this as well.

46 minutes ago, Ⱥstra said:

By competitive, do you mean online play or optimized for single player? Also who is Hikari?

I messed up. It’s Kiragi. Takumi’s kid. My bad on that one

Also I meant for single play. My bad for not making it clear before.

Edited by Barren
More info

On 9/26/2022 at 1:01 PM, Barren said:

Kaze x Rinkah in mind because I want to pass down Salvage Blow to further take advantage of her personal ability to farm items for me along with profiteer to make money.

Gonna put Witches Brew on Midori for extra stonks?

It´s a luck based skill y´know, despite being only active for the 1st 7 turns.

On 9/26/2022 at 6:14 PM, Barren said:

In my book, I just find Salvage Blow and Profiteer to be some of the worst skills in Fates that aren't either actively detrimental to the user or overly situational. I don't know why Profiteer needed to be slapped with a 7 turn limit when even on Midori, it has a non-trivial chance of not yielding anything. That and Collector feel like the devs were so apprehensive about them being overpowered that they tried to balance them out, but went too far and made them pretty much useless instead... Salvage Blow isn't much better, being locked to giving iron weapons and requiring initiation for it to work.

...also, is there any child unit who Rinkah DOESN'T ruin??

Edited by Shadow Mir

12 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

In my book, I just find Salvage Blow and Profiteer to be some of the worst skills in Fates that aren't either actively detrimental to the user or overly situational. I don't know why Profiteer needed to be slapped with a 7 turn limit when even on Midori, it has a non-trivial chance of not yielding anything. That and Collector feel like the devs were so apprehensive about them being overpowered that they tried to balance them out, but went too far and made them pretty much useless instead... Salvage Blow isn't much better, being locked to giving iron weapons and requiring initiation for it to work.

...also, is there any child unit who Rinkah DOESN'T ruin??

Rinkah may not be the best mom for just any particular guy I can agree to that. But when you think about the pair up bonus she gives to Kaze, him and Ryoma really like those bonuses from her as a Oni Chieftan.

Plus it also makes Caeldori a tank with a +6 defense modifier. That’s only if you pair her up with Subaki. Her growths won’t be perfect yes but thanks to her Prodigy ability she can do alright. 

On 9/27/2022 at 4:34 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

They will alternate getting skills from both base classes. not sure if the priority is based on the supports or classes.

basa.PNG