Guessing Thread: Since we pretty much think Fire Emblem Engage might still have LGTB Supports in it like Fates & Three Houses, what playable characters besides Alear do you guess that they could possibly be LGTB? (Legacy FE Characters don't count)

King Marth 64

Since we know that Fire Emblem franchise had been adding LGTB options since Fates and had been using it for future games except for the remakes. We do know that Corrin and Byleth had LGTB marriage options for some other Fire Emblem units and this would possibly have Alear have it as well. Since we just saw Engage trailer reveal last month, we still don't have a confirmation of any of the new playable characters who are technically have any LGTB supports for Alear. Since Three Houses gave Byleth about 10 Same Gender Marriage Options, I don't know if Alear might possibly going to have about above 10 or less depending on how Engage really gave it out in the final version gets released?

So, I'm going to make a guessing thread of what playable characters debut from Fire Emblem Enage who you think they could possibly get LGTB supports for Alear and you can't pick the Legacy Fire Emblem characters for this guessing topic? I'm might go to limit the guessing on the limit to 3 characters as of right now till we see who does have the LGTB supports for Alear when the game comes out? (I could possibly have it cranked up to 5 around in December since we might get more news of more characters before the release)

My guessing picks might possibly be:

1. Purple Hair Magic User Woman - She kind of gives me the Tharja vibes, but her incarnation, Rhajat, did have LGTB support with Corrin in Fates.
  2. Cramme* - Since his profile does say he idolizes Alear, I am don't know if Gust is going to give him the same LGTB marriage for Alear or not?
  3. Citrinne - I think she's going to pull the LGTB surprise at the release.

(We don't have an official localized name revealed for Cramme yet)

Edited by King Marth 64

I think the way IS approaches ss paired endings is very different depending on whether the avatar is male or female. So it’s a bit disingenuous to lump them together especially with the whole Alois and Gilbert ‘S’ support thing with male Byleth.

Anyways, I feel like we don’t have enough characters revealed to guess. There’s also speculation that paired endings are gone since there’s no romance tag in this game. 

If I have to do a general guess though, any ‘soft’ or more feminine looking male characters will have an increased chance of being the SS option for male Alear. Example: Linhardt and Yuri. I’d also say Leon is also under this stereotype. 

12 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Anyways, I feel like we don’t have enough characters revealed to guess. There’s also speculation that paired endings are gone since there’s no romance tag in this game. 

Persona 5, Rune Factory 5, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 even Fates way back never had the romance tag when they clearly have the criteria Cero can never be trusted they’re always inconsistent. Thinking pair endings are gone is pretty ridiculous again S Support shouldn’t deconfirm pair endings whatsoever…it has always been a part of the series there’s literally no reason for that to change now.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

If you asked me who was gonna be "gay for teacher" in 3H, I would've gotten it almost entirely wrong. So I won't make any guesses, especially with how little we know of the characters thus far.

I'm assuming that romantic options are back, although my hope is that characters are varied on this front. I.e. some bi, some gay/lesbian, some asexual or just already in a relationship. And I'd love to see an honest-to-goodness trans character, but that's its own consideration regardless of their sexuality or ability to be romanced.

25 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

If you asked me who was gonna be "gay for teacher" in 3H, I would've gotten it almost entirely wrong. So I won't make any guesses, especially with how little we know of the characters thus far.

I'm assuming that romantic options are back, although my hope is that characters are varied on this front. I.e. some bi, some gay/lesbian, some asexual or just already in a relationship. And I'd love to see an honest-to-goodness trans character, but that's its own consideration regardless of their sexuality or ability to be romanced.

Okay, but who are the 3 characters from Engage as of right now do you guess that could get the LGTB support for Alear as of right now?

Edited by King Marth 64

7 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Okay, but who are the 3 characters from Engage as of right now do you guess that could get the LGTB support for Alear as of right now?

Probably  Alfred, if you really want an answer. Vander looks like he's celibate for life and the twins are just too young to ship with anyone.

Edited by Armchair General

4 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Probably the noble on horseback. Vander looks like he's celibate and the twins are just to young to ship with anyone.

Are you talking about Alfred or are you referring to another Blond Hair Cavalry Unit as the Noble on horseback?

Edited by King Marth 64

I think it`s possible same-sex S-supports will be back, but would not assume until it is confirmed. if they are back,  I only hope that the amount of options will be equal from launch this time around.

Since we know so little about the cast right now, I can`t hazard any guesses. I so think that there should be some variety on the LGBT front. Some characters are gay/lesbian, some are bi and some have zero romantic endings. 

Presuming we do have s supports back, even for just Alear, I would prefer they just let everyone be romanceable by Alear regardless of gender. Pretty much every example of a romantic same-sex male S support or queer coded characters between Fates and TH have been iffy at best with them all falling into some sort of stereotype. Not that these stereotypes are inherently bad nor is there not precedence for them, but when they are the main ones, it says a lot. I really just think you should be able to romance everyone regardless of gender, like it wouldn't be that hard to write gender neutral confessions or just swap out pronouns/gendered terms in supports that are romantic.

Personally, I'm hoping for the removal of S supports and would like to see more platonic endings like we got in TH. Kind of tired of every paired ending being romantic, especially for opposite gendered characters. 

1 hour ago, Azz said:

Presuming we do have s supports back, even for just Alear, I would prefer they just let everyone be romanceable by Alear regardless of gender. Pretty much every example of a romantic same-sex male S support or queer coded characters between Fates and TH have been iffy at best with them all falling into some sort of stereotype. Not that these stereotypes are inherently bad nor is there not precedence for them, but when they are the main ones, it says a lot. I really just think you should be able to romance everyone regardless of gender, like it wouldn't be that hard to write gender neutral confessions or just swap out pronouns/gendered terms in supports that are romantic.

Personally, I'm hoping for the removal of S supports and would like to see more platonic endings like we got in TH. Kind of tired of every paired ending being romantic, especially for opposite gendered characters. 

I definitely agree with this. If S-supports will exist again, the player should be able to romance anyone they wish.

I'm ngl, after seeing the Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons remake in the same Direct where you can romance anyone regardless of gender, I kind of have hope for FE S-supports being the same. (emphasizing kind of, since FE has severely let me down several, several times in that department)

But regardless of which, if they don't allow for same-sex S-supports, I'd rather they remove them overall. Going back to the leaks--which were surprisingly accurate and real--the screenshot of the support menu showed no sign of S-supports and only went up to A. However, the screenshot wasn't of Alear's support list, so it's possible the support system will be similar to 3H's where only Byleth could S-support and all other characters could only A-support but gain a paired ending based on their highest support.

If S-supports don't exist, I'd like something like 3Hopes' system to return. I was pretty happy with 3Hopes' pseudo-S-support with the Merc Whistle because it felt like an S-support, but wasn't exactly an S-support, and you were free to give the whistle to anyone you wanted with the added bonus of obtaining a skill.

@ OP, I'd love to share my thoughts on who I would like Alear to S-support or which characters would be Alear's same-sex S-support options, but I'll have to wait until more characters have been released/announced. As of now, I think Alfred would be a great same-sex option for Alear since he's quite attractive imo. Cramme is adorable, and so far, he's my favorite character that's been announced, but he does seem quite young for Alear haha.

god the amount of times I said "support" in this one post lmfao

Edited by LJ_Reflet

There’s no way everyone will be an option especially if they get unique end key artwork at best I can see 5 options per gender given the extreme popularity of pairing platonic pair will still be there for non-Alear pairs unless they do another Alois/Gilbert character again which I doubt due to the backlash they got for that maybe that’s what that knight guy in that screenshot was maybe.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

Purple lady who may or may not be named Abby does look like a likely option. Maybe Alfred too. But to be honest, I'd rather see the characters have these with each other than with Alear.

(And definitely not with the Emblems. Hopefully they'll be off-limits whether S supports are in the game or not.)

On 10/4/2022 at 10:22 AM, Azz said:

like it wouldn't be that hard to write gender neutral confessions or just swap out pronouns/gendered terms in supports that are romantic.

Behind you 100% there! Because Alear can be either gender, love convos with them should be just about that, love, and gender (especially gender stereotypes) shouldn't have to come into play. All it takes is decent writing skills, and, last I checked, good writers aren't really more expansive than terrible ones (yes, I'm looking at you, Star Wars, but you're definitely not the only franchise that dumped millions on losers who can't even hold a pen the right way up...)

I'm sorry, but isn't that what they've been doing so far when it comes to avatars both when it comes to supports and outside of them? If anything, I dislike it as copying the exact text across both genders without making any changes is THE lazy thing to do, and I'm not going to applaud them for it.

Edited by Rose482

17 hours ago, Rose482 said:

I'm sorry, but isn't that what they've been doing so far when it comes to avatars both when it comes to supports and outside of them? If anything, I dislike it as copying the exact text across both genders without making any changes is THE lazy thing to do, and I'm not going to applaud them for it.

I see your point, but I'd say it depends how it's done. It's lazy if the writing's just generic and doesn't really work either way. But if it's well written and cleverly put together, then it could apply to either gender without feeding on gender stereotypes, focusing more on the characters' personalities and traits instead (the problem is that Byleth, Corryn and Robin had very little personality, if any... I hope Alear corrects this, but I'm not convinced it will happen).

17 hours ago, Rose482 said:

They had differences in the same-gender s-support options for Fates (Rhajat's is rather sweet, for Rhajat), but the localization went for the copy-paste route, and they're worse off for it.

In general, I agree with the point that gender shouldn't have to radically change a support (we certainly don't need a rehash of the stupidity that were F!Robin's supports with Chrom and unrelated Lucina), but in practice, acting like it has zero impact to the point that you can copy-paste supports from one gender to the other doesn't always work.

11 hours ago, Kori said:

In general, I agree with the point that gender shouldn't have to radically change a support (we certainly don't need a rehash of the stupidity that were F!Robin's supports with Chrom and unrelated Lucina), but in practice, acting like it has zero impact to the point that you can copy-paste supports from one gender to the other doesn't always work.

loc-blog-5.jpgloc-blog-6-1080x607.jpg

I felt like posting these. As a non-FE example that might be constructive in some way.

Technically, I see nothing about the former that is explicitly gendered and needs to be changed, but according to the localization team, the devs decided to make this specific "officially dating" confession differ based on gender.

The former, I suppose, implies a certain awkwardness when it comes to Kai's understanding of the opposite gender, the later inherent familiarity with his own. Both versions partake of a certain carefreeness and liking for a flourish of metaphor. (Whether there is the same awkwardness in the Japanese female and punny smoothness -I would doubt "guynapple" is a viable wordplay in Japanese- in the Japanese male versions, I do not know.) Different, yet similar. 

I don't believe all the dating and marriage confessions differ, and from what little I'm aware, most of the conversations with the bachelor/ettes do not. Which makes a difference like this pop out a little more.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• 2 weeks later...

I can see the S ranks with Vander and the twins being your typical adopted family ending. Vander living out the rest of his days as toothpaste-chan's official dad, or toothpaste-chan adopting the twins as surrogate younger siblings. 

I guess maybe the desert kingdom could have a bit more LGBTQ options since people really wanted that with Claude. Maybe to help sell the kingdom as more exotic too.

Whatever the case I certainly hope they don't pull a Niles and only make the creepy cast members into gay options. That always struck me as having really unfortunate implications. 

It is difficult to ship anyone given the small amount of cast revealed at this point, but I can say I definitely don't want Alear to be able to romance either of the twins, in any capacity (hetero or LGBT). Alear seems to be an ancient being with divine status, so romancing any of their devotees would be a creepy dynamic- let alone two children who seem to apart of generational cult of followers. The teacher/student dynamic kept me from letting Byleth romance most of the cast, so I am hoping for the romance subplots to be focused on other characters. 

I would much rather see a thoughtful romance story play out between, say Alfred and Louis, navigating the differences between their social classes or two characters overcoming racial/nationalist prejudices to find love. 

On 10/22/2022 at 4:00 PM, CompteSecours said:

There won't be any lgbt support since Alear is neither male of female. Alear is "type A" "type B" stuff.

Byleth had the same wording as "choose your form." A character doesn't need to be female or male to have romance lol

• 1 month later...