Indian Mythology based FE game. Fire Emblem: Eclipse

Baudshaw

Fire Emblem: Eclipse

Part 1: Summary

I was interested in making an idea for a Fire Emblem game based on Indian mythology, so here I go. This is specifically based on the Mahabharata, although it has been edited a bit. This first part will cover classes, weapons, and general plot. 

(Keep in mind I’m terrible on map/game design, I would appreciate help on this.)

Classes:

Lord- Chariot Lord

Trickster- Illusioneer

Elephant Rider- Elephant Knight 

Fighter- Berserker

Fighter- Polymath

Swordsman- Polymath

Swordsman- General

Soldier- General

Soldier- Great Knight

Cavalier- Great Knight

Cavalier- Ranger

Nihang- Ranger

Nihang- Marksman

Archer-  Marksman

Archer- Caster

Mage- Caster

Mage- Sage 

Trickster (Hand) 

Looks like a Thief. There's no chests in the game, so Tricksters and Illusioneers can steal any non-boss and non-legendary item and weapon from the opponent. The chances of doing this are determined on the user and target's speed and luck, as well as the weight of the item being stolen.

Illusioneer (Hand, Spells)

Looks like an Assasin/Rogue.

Elephant Rider (Lance)

Elephant Knight (Lance)

Fighter (Mace)

Berserker (Mace)

Polymath (Sword, Lance, Mace)

Looks like a cross between Hero and Warrior.

Swordsman (Sword)

Looks like a cross between Myrmidon and Mercenary.

General (Lance, Sword)

Looks like a Swordmaster with Halberdier elements.

Great Knight (Lance, Sword)

Cavalier (Lance, Sword)

Ranger (Lance, Sword, Bow, Chakram)

Nihang (Chakram)

Looks like an Archer with Myrmirdon elements.

Marksman (Bow, Chakram)

Looks like a sniper with a bit of armor.

Archer (Bow)

Caster (Bow, Spells)

Looks like a Sage with slightly more armor.

Mage (Spells)

No silly hats here!

Sage (Spells)

Looks like a combination of Monk, Swordmaster, and other magic-ish elements.

Chapters:

Prologue: The Game of Dice

Act 1

Chapter 1: Race Against Time

Chapter 2: Varnavrat

Chapter 3: Burning Palace

Chapter 4: Ashes and Pain

Chapter 5: Eclipse

Act 2

Chapter 6: Mountain Passageway

Chapter 7: Shri Krishna

Chapter 8: Divine Aid 

Chapter 9: The Blind King

Chapter 10: Dal Lake

Chapter 11: Flooded Forest

Chapter 12: Hastin City

Chapter 13: Renewed Temple

Chapter 14: Unwilling Foes

Act 3 (Endgame):

Chapter 15: Deep into the City

Chapter 16: New King's Fall

Chapter 17: Infinite Void

Chapter 18 (Final): Illusions

Plot Summary

Prologue- The ruler of the Kingdom of Prasht is dead. There are two rightful heirs, Duryodan of the Kauravas and Yudistra of the Pandavas. A relative named Sakuni invites everyone to a friendly game of dice, but the Pandavas gamble away everything. With a kidnapping of Draupadi, a relative, the Pandavas go to their palace to regroup.

Act 1- Follows the Pandavas as they go to their palace in Varnavat. Their palace burns down, but they learn that forces from neighboring kingdoms have given them a large army. The Pandavas and this army regroup at a battlefield and attempt to face the Kauravas, but Sakuni uses the Fire Emblem, which causes a solar eclipse. Everything turns into darkness, and the Kauravas use this to destroy the army.

Act 2- The Pandavas retreat into the mountains. They rescue Draupadi and meet Shiva, a strange young flute player. They meet many sages and the few members of the army who have survived Sakuni's attack. They make it to Hastin City, the capital of Prasht, and begin to defeat the many generals of the Kaurava army, including Ditaras, Drona, and Bhishma. They also find and claim multiple legendary weapons, some optional and some required. The 3 Lords promote to Chariot Lords.

Act 3- By Chapter 15, most of Hastin is completely destroyed. The immense powers of Sakuni's Fire Emblem warp the powers of light and dark, causing frequent eclipses. Even the Kaurava generals of Duryodan, Karna, and Shalya are now terrified of Sakuni's immense power. The power of the legendary weapons barely counteracts the total darkness of Sakuni's final eclipse, causing the Pandavas to defeat him and end the war.

Here’s the characters that fill traditional FE archetypes. I’ll elaborate more on these characters later.

Cain and Abel: Nakula and Sahadeva

Ogma: Satyaki

Julian: Shrutasena

Lena: Draupadi

Navarre: Shikandi

Merric: Parashuram

Wendell: Kashyapa

Jeorge/Malledus/Gotoh: Krishna

Est: Abhimanyu

Lorenz: Ditaras

Cornelius: Pandu 

Michalis: Duryodan

Camus: Drona 

Gharnef: Sakuni

5 Physical Weapon Types: Sword, Lance, Mace, Ranged, Hand. Sword beats mace, mace beats lance, lance beats sword, all three beat hand, all three lose to range. Range loses to hand and has two subtypes: bows (2 range) and chakrams (1-2 range). Hand basically means Knuckles.

For Swords, Maces, Lances, Ranged Weapons, and Knunckles, the standard Iron, Steel, Silver, Brave, and Killer variants are there. 

Spells have no weapon triangles and have been combined with staves. They are somewhat based on Astras from Hindu mythology. 

Enchantment is a new system where spells can be combined with weapons during battle. This enchanted weapon does extra damage, has a unique effect based on the spell and weapon, and targets the enemies' Def or Res (whichever is lower). The enchanted weapon only has 1(?) durability, and once that durability runs out, the weapon reverts to normal. Only one spell can be used for enchantment per spellcaster, and once that spell is used for enchantment, it can't be used for other purposes until the weapon reverts to normal.

Here are some spells. The enchantment effects are in parantheses.

Agni: A large swath of fire (Creates a mine-like space near the enemy)

Varun: A torrent of water (Pushes enemies back)

Garuda: Attacks the enemy using hundreds of wings (Allows the unit to ignore terrain for the next turn)

Naga: A magical snake that never misses (Damages another random user in the map)

Parjany: A magical mist that either heals or damages the target, depending on who you use the spell on (Creates a rain cloud that either heals or damages whoever's standing on it)

Amrita: Heals the target (Summons a giant wave of healing)

Surya: A dazzling beam of light (Blinds the target, reducing their accuracy)

Bhaum: Giant gemstones pierce the opponent (Turns squares into gemstones that provide terrain bonuses)

Indra: A rain of thunder arrows (Boosts the damage of all bows in your army)

Maghavan: Gives extra damage and accuracy to a weapon (Completely destroys a non-boss weapon)

Tivasht: Like the Berserk Staff, gives one unit the "Berserk" status for a few turns. Don't worry, this is exclusive to the player. Unless an Illusioneer steals it or something. (Gives all enemies in a 3x3 radius the Berserk status)

Prahoman: Gives one unit the "Fear" status, where they can't move for a few turns. (The enemy can't move, attack, or be interacted with in any way)

Visoshan: Gives one unit the "Silence" status, where they can't use magic for a few turns. (Disables all Enchantment weapons and Enchantment effects)

Prajan: Basically the Restore staff, eliminates a status from a user. (Eliminates all statuses from all users.)

Illusion: Like the Summoner's summon ability, bur for Illusioneers. Creates a clone of the user with high attack, but dies in one hit. Has the Knuckles weapon. Can be used by enemies, and when facing illusions, they look like their Illusioneers until you hit them. (Creates illusions of the weapons, dealing extra damage)

Rare weapons:

Halberd (Lance with bonus cavalry dmg)

Longbow, shortbow

Swordreaver, lancereaver, macereaver

Aruval (Sword with very little crit rate but good damage and speed)

Baghnakh (High dmg but high weight knuckles)

Javelin, Short Spear, Handaxe

Trident (Lance with low weight)

Mudgar (Mace with extremely low weight but not good damage)

Saintie (Lance with extra armor damage and low weight)

Peshkabz (Sword with low weight and extra armor damage)

Talwar (Sword with extremely high crit rate)

Spiked Mace (Mace with high weight, high damage, and high infantry damage.)

Chakri (Lighter Chakram)

Legendary weapons:

Vel, Khatvang, and Pinaka are required, while Trishula and Sudarshan are optional.

Trishula (Trident with high power, with bonus damage to spellcasters and extra resistance)

Vel (1-2 range lance that gives the user extra speed and movement)

Khatvang (Mace where enemies in its range get damaged every turn, as well as extra defense bonuses)

Pinaka (Bow with 2-3 range and high damage)

Sudarshan (Chakram that has a chance to stun opponents)

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this little look into FE: Eclipse! I'll reply to this post with the various chapters.

You could probably ease up on the names. Make a few of the key characters have Vedic names but for 100% of the cast it'd come across as too alien to most non-Indian players.

I don't know much about the Mahhabharata. I've only read through 6 chapters from the Bhagavad Gita and a summary of the events in the story leading up to it. And if that's the case for me, the average Westerner or Japanese certainly doesn't know diddly squat. As this is the case, I'd suggest using it only for the loosest inspiration instead of getting too bogged down in details that the average player won't have a clue about.

3 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

You could probably ease up on the names. Make a few of the key characters have Vedic names but for 100% of the cast it'd come across as too alien to most non-Indian players.

I don't know much about the Mahhabharata. I've only read through 6 chapters from the Bhagavad Gita and a summary of the events in the story leading up to it. And if that's the case for me, the average Westerner or Japanese certainly doesn't know diddly squat. As this is the case, I'd suggest using it only for the loosest inspiration instead of getting too bogged down in details that the average player won't have a clue about.

Yeah, the characters I listed are probably just placeholders. I would probably change the names like how I changed Dhritirashtra to Ditaras. 

Prologue: The Game of Dice

Story (A revised version of the Mahabharata): The King of the Hastin kingdom is dead. The two rightful heirs to the throne, Duryod and Yudistra, are in conflict about who gets the throne. Duryod’s uncle, Sakuni, invites everyone to a festive game of dice.

The first round of dice begins between Sakuni and Yudistra’s younger brother, Bheem. Bheem gambles away everything: his palace, siblings, and wealth. The Pandavas (now consisting of Arjun, Bheem, and Yudistra as well as Dropadi as a half-sister) are mad, and Dropadi is kidnapped. Here, you get to pick from Arjun, Bheem, and Yudistra.

Once you finish the map, it turns out the Kauravas kidnapped Dropadi. The Pandavas rush towards their palace to prevent it from getting seized, which transitions into Chapter 1. 

Arjun

Description: One of the Pandava brothers. Focused, skilled, and dedicated.

Bases: 17 HP, 6 Strength, 8 Skill, 7 Speed, 2 Luck, 5 Defense, 3 Res, 5 Movement

Growths: 90% HP, 45% Strength, 40% Skill, 50% Speed, 15% Luck, 35% Defense, 40% Res

Weapons: Bows- D

Items: Pinaka (Bow with bonus to armored and cavalry units) and Vulnerary 

Bheem

Description: One of the Pandava brothers. Strong of heart, but clumsy and naïve.

Bases: 22 HP, 8 Strength, 4 Skill, 5 Speed, 0 Luck, 8 Defense, 4 Res, 5 Movement

Growths: 90% HP, 45% Strength, 30% Skill, 30% Speed, 10% Luck, 50% Defense, 45% Res

Weapons: Maces-D

Inventory: Kaumod (Mace with bonus to armored and cavalry units) and Vulnerary

Yudistra 

Description: One of the Pandava brothers. Wise and tactical.

Bases: 20 HP, 7 Strength, 7 Skill, 6 Speed, 1 Luck, 3 Defense, 1 Res, 5 Movement

Growths: 90% HP, 45% Strength, 50% Skill, 50% Speed, 15% Luck, 35% Defense, 35% Res

Weapons: Lances-D

Inventory: Bhala (Spear with bonus to armored and cavalry units) and Vulnerary

Side note: There's no Jagen characters in this, should I make the Lords Jagen-like?

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 10.04.25 PM.png