Three Houses: No Monastery

triabolical

160760313_RecruitmentNoMonastey.thumb.jpg.f1ec5b0fa081c36bba9c6222ab1e7685.jpg

* Note: Felix, Ingrid, Ashen Wolves recruitment conditions have changed since patch version 1.3. They are now recruited in their respective paralogue and/or in battle (Felix and Ingrid). Felix is also recruited by winning the Blessed Lance in Chapter 7.

I have created a mod that removes the monastery and adjusted the game for it's removal. 

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/kTwCWKdhZb

Download link for the patch (1.3.3)https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tW5Oefkn0lgfQ6r_OS15Z8dJgz-GhRkb?usp=sharing

• Figured out how to do Battle Preps in Hunting by Daybreak
  • Fixed Anti Cheating Measures (Please report if it happens)
  • Extended Crimson Flower to 22 Chapters
  • Extend Language Support for modded content
  • Added Magical Wyvern Class.
  • Playable Rhea in Silver Snow with Playable Saint Class
  • Growth rates and Class Masteries are in the class descriptions
  • Dialogue for Blue Lions to Crimson Flower and Golden Deer to Crimson Flower Route spilt added.

• Fixed Ingrid and Dorothea Paralogue access.
  • Removed extra stuff in Byleth Creation Event that might be related to crashes.
  • All routes can potentially go into Crimson Flower based on a dialogue choice in chapter 8's post battle cutscene.
  • Gilbert is recruitable in Crimson Flower if go from Blue Lions to Crimson Flower and defeat Gilbert with Annette in Chapter 12.
  • Added War Master Hilda Class.
  • Fixed early chapter recruitments and an issue in chapter 9.
  • Have tested on emulator but there's nothing to indicate any issues on hardware.
  • Download and place the entire romfs folder in a named folder in your mods directory (Yuzu example: /yuzu/load/[Three Houses's Game ID]/No Monastery Mod/romfs/ ).

Gameplay Changes (see Changelog in the patch for more details)

• Azure Moon Chapters 19, 20, 21 and Verdant Wind/Silver Snow's Shambhala Map are now "Defeat All Enemy Commanders".
  • Fallen units may appear as enemies in maps.
  • House selection occurs at Byleth Creation. In- house units are automatically recruited and four in-house units are deployed in prologue instead of the 3 lords.
  • Jeralt Mercenaries and 30 Hresvelg Blend are award at the completion of Prologue. Prologue is more streamlined.
  • Automatic A+ rank professor level from the start. Increase number of adjutants to 4, battles to 5, and monthly church salary to 8,000.
  • No exploration sessions. Each chapter has a single free day that can used to Battle, Seminar, or Rest. Exploration is disabled in all chapters.
  • No weekly teaching. Since there's only one free day in the month, units will not gain weekly skill experience. The amount of skill experience need to go from E to S+ is reduced by 50%. Class skill rank bonuses are doubled to compensate for the lack of passive skill experience.
  • Reduce support points requirement by half and removed all support deadlines. You can no longer miss a support by waiting too long. Supports that occur in part 2 are still locked until part 2. 
  • Units start in 3-4 intermediate classes from the start, based on their specific boons. Budding talents are obtained by skill rank (most of them are learned by C rank).
  • Forging is unlocked from the start while the Battalion guild is unlocked at the start of Chapter 3.
  • Starting from Chapter 2, forging materials are awarded in most chapter maps (similar to Cindered Shadows). Some paralogues awards rarer ores such as Wootz Steel and Mythril. 
  • Units can learn boon-related class masteries just by increasing their skill rank. For example, Caspar will learn Death Blow by increasing his Axe rank to B.
  • Recruitment is mostly done in Chapter maps (see recruitment condition below). Units recruited in later chapters will come in an advanced/master class with the skill rank required. This allows recruits to come with some abilities due to the high skill rank. Ashen Wolves are recruited in Cindered Shadows Chapter 1 (replaces Sothis's paralogue).
  • Increased the chance for a perfect tea time by having the free do-over automatically unlocked, and making all answers to the final comment valid. Tea Time is automatically unlocked from the start.
  • Dancer is chosen by using a Dancer Seal that is dropped by Solon in Chapter 8. 
  • All forced deployment slots are changed to regular deployment slots in all chapter maps and most paralogues. Paralogues that retain the forced deployment slots are: Marianne's, Mercedes's/Caspar's, and Manuela's (because of inherent map design) and DLC (difficult to change at the moment).
  • The only decision that actually has some impact is no longer missable. The decision is given to you regardless of support level or viewing a particular event.
  • Gardening Stat boosters are available in the item shop. Anna's secret shop items are available at the start of Part 2. 
  • No aux battles are available. A small number of quest battles are available, including one that recruits two units. 
  • Beginner class are removed from certification. The respective abilities/combat arts are learned at D and C rank of the respective skill needed for the class. Noble/Commoner class mastery is changed to Aptitude (requires 200 class exp). HP+5 is obtained by Authority rank.
  • Increased the exp curve in Maddening difficulty. Adjusted enemy levels to account for intermediate class access from the start. Hard has original maddening level scaling, and maddening enemies has 2-3 levels increase. Normal mode enemies have the recommend level +3/+4.
  • Added more boons for units based on budding talents and goal requests.
  • A route specific gameplay change in Chapter 5 for Blue Lions and the Enbarr Map.
  • Ingrid/Dorothea paralogue has a secret reward for completing the map by rout.

Videos/Images of Gameplay

How to patch and use DLC files for Maddening Cindered Shadows and No Abyss.

HBD2.jpg

Edited by triabolical
Updated patch. Instructions to patch DLC added.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very cool! I have no practical way to play this at the moment, but I definitely approve and look forward to maybe trying it out one day.

Something caught my eye: Ingrid is listed as "Advanced Pegasus" for her joining class. Has this class been implemented as a player class, then?

19 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Looks very cool! I have no practical way to play this at the moment, but I definitely approve and look forward to maybe trying it out one day.

Something caught my eye: Ingrid is listed as "Advanced Pegasus" for her joining class. Has this class been implemented as a player class, then?

Yes. Advanced Pegasus is an Advanced tier class that asks for B rank Lances and Flying. It gives Lance Avoid+20 as the class mastery. I'm having a hard time keep tracking of all the changes I made.

Edited by triabolical

7 hours ago, triabolical said:

Reduce support points requirement by half and removed all support deadlines. You can no longer miss a support by waiting too long. Supports that occur in part 2 are still locked until part 2. 

Question about this. My understanding is that Byleth supports require more support points per rank than other supports (since Byleth typically gets way more points through the monastery and teaching). So I'm guessing that this will mean that everyone else unlocks their supports super quickly, but then Byleth lags somewhat behind. Is this something you looked into?

51 minutes ago, lenticular said:

Question about this. My understanding is that Byleth supports require more support points per rank than other supports (since Byleth typically gets way more points through the monastery and teaching). So I'm guessing that this will mean that everyone else unlocks their supports super quickly, but then Byleth lags somewhat behind. Is this something you looked into?

That would be a problem but Byleth supports are ones that get extra support points by viewing them as soon when they are available. So while its longer for Byleth to get C rank, once they get C rank, they have already an large advantage towards B rank due to viewing the support without delaying it. 

Viewing the C rank Byleth support gives 20 support points, which is a 1/4 of the amount to get to B rank. Other support pairs do not get this bonus.

Edited by triabolical

8 hours ago, Augmented Antics said:

What's the main differences between this mod and this one? Just curious to know.

This one mod is intended to be a more linear experience. That mod is basically a first draft to this one. 

I'm probably going to update the gamabanna page with this mod at some point.

The mod has been updated to fix some early game recruitment and deployment slots. 
- Fixed instances in which recruiting the unit via prompt does not make the unit appear on the roster.

• Chapter 4 (with Shamir and Catherine), Chapter 5 (Sylvain), Chapter 6 (Shamir) recruitment are fixed.

I just wanted to make a suggestion, no pressure obviously, you are the mod creator. I'm about to finish my first playthrough and was considering using this mod for future playthroughs because I totally agree the monastery is a bit of a drag. I thought this idea might fit in with your streamlined version of the game (or maybe a separate mod), but anyway the suggestion:

I think it would really encourage classic permadeath gameplay if the adjutant system was reworked a bit. My idea is this: the only limit to the amount of adjutants would be the amount of deployed units (1 for each). However in order to assign an adjutant a unit, that unit would require Authority of "B" or higher, and the adjutant cannot have Authority higher than the unit it's being assigned to. Additionally, shared experience scales with the unit's Authority, so an adjutant assigned to a unit with "S" Authority would level up much faster than and adjutant assigned to a unit with "B" Authority.

Benefits to this system:

1. Authority becomes more useful and desirable as a stat.

2. More units can be trained on the sidelines, to make recovering from lost units less intimidating.

3. From a roleplay perspective, it would be interesting as a type of 'mentoring' system, for example the squire of a knight taking over the responsibilities of their mentor when slain.

4. There would be less 'useless' units in your army.

Downsides:

1. Lowers difficulty slightly.

Edited by ohdangthejam

If anyone knows of instructions or resources on how to patch a switch game, can you share? Sorry if this is considered off-topic. But it sounds from the comments like others are in the same boat as I am.

I'd like to play this mod on the Switch itself since I don't have a PC with enough juice to emulate Switch. But I have my games on an SD card, so maybe I can patch it on the SD using my PC? IDK just thinking out loud here.

Just finished my GD playthrough. Thank you so much for making this. I genuinely cannot believe how much I enjoyed this playthrough, considering how much I can't stand vanilla 3H. I'll be starting a BE run next, and maybe AM after that if I'm still up for it. The higher exp and wexp gain, and actually recruiting units throughout the game with good bases and skills, as well as just not having the monastery at all, makes the game so much more playable. It plays like a regular FE game! Fantastic work, good sir.

So, where are the Master Seals? I'm pretty far into the game (far enough that recruited units are in master classes), and I don't think I've seen one Master Seal yet. Also, the master class certification section is locked even though the professor level is already A+. I might just be missing something, as I'm not familiar enough with the base game to know if I am (this mod is the reason I played as much as I did).

7 minutes ago, Augmented Antics said:

So, here's a heads-up for a potential softlock: on the map "Legend of the Lake," if Leonie and/or Lindhardt aren't deployed, the map doesn't end when the boss is defeated. 

This was already fixed since version 1.0.2. Currently now on version 1.0.5.

20 minutes ago, triabolical said:

I think you can place the romfs folder in atmosphere/contents/<game id>/

This partially works, the intro is modified to remove text and allow for house selection, but it crashes when you try to select a house. Tried removing Aldebaran just in case that was interfering, but no luck.

Edited by Funyarinpa

16 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

This partially works, the intro is modified to remove text and allow for house selection, but it crashes when you try to select a house. Tried removing Aldebaran just in case that was interfering, but no luck.

Try it now and tell me exactly where it stops working. A successful scenario is you are able to chose the house and you get support points with the house leader.

Edited by triabolical