Three Houses: No Monastery

triabolical

I'm still confused on how to get Master Classes. I tried doing the first chapter of the DLC, but I still have no Master Seals. I am also at the point where I'm recruiting students with Master Classes. Also, on patching DLC 1 and 4 it didn't work when I did it, not that it mattered much but was annoying, 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/2/2022 at 10:05 AM, Augmented Antics said:

Not sure if this is deliberate or not, but on Protecting Garreg Mach, there are Falcon Knights with 99 Speed and 14 Mv, but with weapons that can't hit anything. It seemed like a bug, but the name of the weapon makes it appear intentional.

Edit: So, I've now gotten another infinite loading issue, this time with Golden Deer Chapter 17. The console didn't show any errors for it, though.

The infinite loop thing was due to a typo. It was fixed since 12/1.

14 hours ago, mrcoochieslayer said:

I'm still confused on how to get Master Classes. I tried doing the first chapter of the DLC, but I still have no Master Seals. I am also at the point where I'm recruiting students with Master Classes. Also, on patching DLC 1 and 4 it didn't work when I did it, not that it mattered much but was annoying, 

There are no master seals, you use advanced seals. Patching DLC1 and DLC4 changes the DLC paralogues to remove a variety of things, such as same turn reinforcements, and free deployment.

Hey. I am trying to play this mod on console, but the only path that works is Blue Lions. Black Eagles just crashes the game and Golden Deer puts me in an infinite loading screen. There weren't any instructions on how to load this on console, so I did the best I could with installing the mod. Could I receive some assistance? 

28 minutes ago, Enishi said:

Hey. I am trying to play this mod on console, but the only path that works is Blue Lions. Black Eagles just crashes the game and Golden Deer puts me in an infinite loading screen. There weren't any instructions on how to load this on console, so I did the best I could with installing the mod. Could I receive some assistance? 

I assume the mod is place in the right place? When does the Black Eagles crash happen? The Golden Deer might take a few attempts to go back the loading screen.

2 minutes ago, triabolical said:

I assume the mod is place in the right place? When does the Black Eagles crash happen? The Golden Deer might take a few attempts to go back the loading screen.

Both the Black Eagles crash and the Golden Deer infinite load screen happen the moment you select the house. 

3 hours ago, Augmented Antics said:

So, now I have a new issue: I'm trying to finish Cindered Shadows, but every time I beat the final boss, the game freezes right before the stage complete graphic comes up.

Bad scripting event. Fixed it. Re-patch DLC1 and it should work. Don't skip the cutscenes at the end.

Apologies for all the questions, but I have a few more: 1, am I supposed to be sent to Black Eagles at the end of Cindered Shadows? 2, is the very first map supposed to be skipped automatically during the main game? I started up Blue Lions and this happened, even though this is the first time I've seen it.

10 hours ago, Augmented Antics said:

Apologies for all the questions, but I have a few more: 1, am I supposed to be sent to Black Eagles at the end of Cindered Shadows? 2, is the very first map supposed to be skipped automatically during the main game? I started up Blue Lions and this happened, even though this is the first time I've seen it.

Yes. Cindered Shadows goes straight to Crimson Flower so everyone can be used on the same route. There's dialogue that was added to account for Claude vs Claude and Dimitri vs Dimitri.

The skipping of the 1st map for Blue Lion is due to a test I was doing and forgot to change the event back.

Added a story cutscene remover file. Removes cutscenes that occur at the new chapter and before the battle. Does not affect support conversations, cutscenes that grants items,  or cutscenes that are triggered in battle. Place "fixed_flow.bin" (located in the No Cutscene folder) into the romfs/patch4/nx/data (if the file already exists, you can replace it, make sure you have a backup copy of the one you are replacing). 

Hello !

First off, amazing mod. I wanted to replay FE3H forever but wasn't willing to do all the monastery stuff again.

I'm having a bit of trouble though and am stuck in a loop on the calendar for the 9th month. On the Black Eagle route, I am able to complete the battle map on 8/31 (chapter 5: Tower of Black Winds - The Gautier Inheritance), proceed to the various dialogue, but then get stuck repeating Petra's and Dorothea's birthdays. I tried to complete the map twice but get stuck in the same loop.

I am using Yuzu, game is in 1.2.0 with DLCs installed, and the mod version is 1.2.7 from the google drive link. I am also using the 60 FPS mod, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
While typing, I noticed the 1.2.8 and tried it but no change.

Thank you for your amazing work nonetheless !

5 hours ago, Shanalotte said:

Hello !

First off, amazing mod. I wanted to replay FE3H forever but wasn't willing to do all the monastery stuff again.

I'm having a bit of trouble though and am stuck in a loop on the calendar for the 9th month. On the Black Eagle route, I am able to complete the battle map on 8/31 (chapter 5: Tower of Black Winds - The Gautier Inheritance), proceed to the various dialogue, but then get stuck repeating Petra's and Dorothea's birthdays. I tried to complete the map twice but get stuck in the same loop.

I am using Yuzu, game is in 1.2.0 with DLCs installed, and the mod version is 1.2.7 from the google drive link. I am also using the 60 FPS mod, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
While typing, I noticed the 1.2.8 and tried it but no change.

Thank you for your amazing work nonetheless !

Going into Chapter 6's map works fine. It shouldn't be looping. Could you fully explain what you did?

I didn't feel like I did something specially weird.

Patched both DLC 1 and 4, installed 60 FPS mod & NoMonastery 1.2.7.

Picked New Game / Casual / Hard, chose the Black Eagle route, did the prologue and first few maps no issues until the first map with fog, where all enemies got +99 stats for some reason.
Made a save, quit the game, rolled back NoMonastery to 1.2.6 where the enemies didn't have the buff. Once the map was done, I saved, quit the game, went back on 1.2.7, then proceeded with the game, killed the Death Knight then the boss on chap4, did the chap5 map. I let Gilbert die but proceed with finishing the map. I get the save, the "Rumors of a Reaper" title card, then dialogue with Rhea/Edelgard, get a save prompt, then get sent on the calendar for the 9th month, where it loops.
I had a save before chap5 map, so I tried completing it again, but it ended up with the same result.

Maybe I did something wrong, I don't actually know. Something that's slightly bothering me too (as in I hope I didn't mess something up) is that everything character has their post timeskip portraits. I just assumed it was intended seeing the mod youtube video.

4 hours ago, Shanalotte said:

I didn't feel like I did something specially weird.

Patched both DLC 1 and 4, installed 60 FPS mod & NoMonastery 1.2.7.

Picked New Game / Casual / Hard, chose the Black Eagle route, did the prologue and first few maps no issues until the first map with fog, where all enemies got +99 stats for some reason.
Made a save, quit the game, rolled back NoMonastery to 1.2.6 where the enemies didn't have the buff. Once the map was done, I saved, quit the game, went back on 1.2.7, then proceeded with the game, killed the Death Knight then the boss on chap4, did the chap5 map. I let Gilbert die but proceed with finishing the map. I get the save, the "Rumors of a Reaper" title card, then dialogue with Rhea/Edelgard, get a save prompt, then get sent on the calendar for the 9th month, where it loops.
I had a save before chap5 map, so I tried completing it again, but it ended up with the same result.

Maybe I did something wrong, I don't actually know. Something that's slightly bothering me too (as in I hope I didn't mess something up) is that everything character has their post timeskip portraits. I just assumed it was intended seeing the mod youtube video.

Ah. You are probably downloaded a bugged version in which I forgot to switch off the time skip flag in chapter 3, which is why its looping in month 9 since there's no mission day for that month. That is not intended at all and should have been addressed before you went in chapter 3.

The YouTube video was made by using the save editor to jump to different chapters, hence why they all are pre-timeskip portrait. I think you'll need to have a save file before chapter 3 on 1.2.8 to fix it.

First of all, this is some seriously great work your doing here. I literally have not had such an interest in replaying 3 houses since learning about this mod.

Second, wanted to ask you're cool with people (I guess specifically me) using your mod as a base to make further edits? This isn't for public release just editing some of the shittier personal & class skills for myself while still not having to deal with the monastery (& other cool things you made like actual recruitment).

On 12/13/2022 at 3:51 PM, triabolical said:

Ah. You are probably downloaded a bugged version in which I forgot to switch off the time skip flag in chapter 3, which is why its looping in month 9 since there's no mission day for that month. That is not intended at all and should have been addressed before you went in chapter 3.

The YouTube video was made by using the save editor to jump to different chapters, hence why they all are pre-timeskip portrait. I think you'll need to have a save file before chapter 3 on 1.2.8 to fix it.

Well, I ended up restarting in Normal difficulty and kinda rushing back and everything is flawless so far on 1.2.8. Not sure how I managed to grab a bugged version or something, but oh well.

For some reason I'm unable to edit my save to change difficulty back to Hard, it just doesn't get changed in game after I edit it and start Yuzu back. Not that it matters, I'll just enjoy it that way !
EDIT: Nevermind, it just doesn't show up on the loading screen but changed in-game. We're good !

Thank you for your quick answers !

Edited by Shanalotte
Update

On 12/13/2022 at 3:42 PM, Solol said:

First of all, this is some seriously great work your doing here. I literally have not had such an interest in replaying 3 houses since learning about this mod.

Second, wanted to ask you're cool with people (I guess specifically me) using your mod as a base to make further edits? This isn't for public release just editing some of the shittier personal & class skills for myself while still not having to deal with the monastery (& other cool things you made like actual recruitment).

Just don't edit anything that destroys class availability, such as gender-lock, and it fine. 

Hello again !

I made a bit of progress and am now at chapter 12. I am still playing 1.2.8 because 1.2.9 seems to hang on the main menu for me (music proceeds, but the game is completely frozen other than that). Playing on Yuzu Early Access 3217.

Playing on 1.2.8, I tried doing all the paralogues available to Black Eagles until chapter 11. I had issues with:
An Ocean View: tried doing it twice yesterday while around chapter 7 or 8, routed all the enemies but the mission softlocked me, the dialogue didn't proceed after routing and I was stuck on an empty map. I somehow manage to complete it today after advancing a bit in the chapters (10) without softlocking.
Falling Short of Heaven: same issue as with the first map with fog I reported a couple days ago, all enemies have 99 stats everywhere if on 1.2.8. Rolling back to 1.2.6 has normal enemies and I am able to proceed.
The Face Beneath: I had a crash while attacking the last remaining beast on the map, the one top left, but it might have been a Yuzu crash and not related directly to the mod. Will update once I retry that paralogue.

My Byleth also didn't get her Sothis hair, but that was a quick checkbox in the save editor to get it fixed. My Byleth was the second unit in the unit list deployment, and my Dorothea ended up at the spot Byleth was supposed to be in after the cutscene in chapter 11, so I'm assuming that would be the culprit, since there is no forced deployment and such.

6 hours ago, Shanalotte said:

Hello again !

I made a bit of progress and am now at chapter 12. I am still playing 1.2.8 because 1.2.9 seems to hang on the main menu for me (music proceeds, but the game is completely frozen other than that). Playing on Yuzu Early Access 3217.

Playing on 1.2.8, I tried doing all the paralogues available to Black Eagles until chapter 11. I had issues with:
An Ocean View: tried doing it twice yesterday while around chapter 7 or 8, routed all the enemies but the mission softlocked me, the dialogue didn't proceed after routing and I was stuck on an empty map. I somehow manage to complete it today after advancing a bit in the chapters (10) without softlocking.
Falling Short of Heaven: same issue as with the first map with fog I reported a couple days ago, all enemies have 99 stats everywhere if on 1.2.8. Rolling back to 1.2.6 has normal enemies and I am able to proceed.
The Face Beneath: I had a crash while attacking the last remaining beast on the map, the one top left, but it might have been a Yuzu crash and not related directly to the mod. Will update once I retry that paralogue.

My Byleth also didn't get her Sothis hair, but that was a quick checkbox in the save editor to get it fixed. My Byleth was the second unit in the unit list deployment, and my Dorothea ended up at the spot Byleth was supposed to be in after the cutscene in chapter 11, so I'm assuming that would be the culprit, since there is no forced deployment and such.

Catherine is probably activating the anti-cheating measure due to Thunderbrand. Probably since she is controllable in the map but not recruited.

An Ocean View isn't usually unlocked until chapter 9, may thats the reason for it. Nothing was changed for that map.

There shouldn't be any issues on 1.2.9, it works fine. There have been issues using the newer Yuzu version. I use 1203 and have no problems.