Teehee Madness 2 - Full 3DS Linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

UoG1yAJ.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to this insanity of a challenge!

Some of you might remember what @Saint Rubenio and i did a while ago and tried to take on Berwick and Conquest in a linked challenge and failed spectacularly. This is something like that, but...

with 5 people! @Edelguardiansing will play Awakening, @Interdimensional Observer Birthright, @Eltosian Kadath Conquest, me Revelation and @Punished Dayni Echoes: SoV!

You heard that right, a linked ironman with 5 peeps!

To those who don't know, this is a challenge where each of us will play a game, with the twist being every unit is linked with a respective unit from the other games. If a unit in one game dies, then their linked units in the other games 'die' as well.

You can already imagine what a disaster it will be 😄

You can see the linked units and Rules in the image above (open in a different tab if it's too small for you).

The Challenge officialy starts at Brach of Fates for Fates players, Ch.5 for Awakening, and the last Act 1 map for SoV! Maps before that are a "Free zone" where you can reset if you want or do some breathing/thinking/training, but once we reach the start point, there's no going back!

Chapter Checkpoints:

For Fates and Awakening, we check deaths chapter by chapter, where a Fates chapter is connected to (#Fates chapter - 1) chapter in Awakening. So,

Ch.5 Awakening - Ch. 6 Fates

With SoV we are gonna do the checkpoints act wise.

Ch. 5 Awakening - Ch.6 Fates - Act 1 Finale SoV

Ch. 9 Awakening - Ch. 10 Fates - Act 2 Finale SoV

Ch.13. Awakening - Ch. 14 Fates - Half of Act 3 SoV (up to Dayni to choose wether to finish Alm side or Celica's first)

Ch. 17 Awakening - Ch. 18 Fates - End of Act 3 SoV

Ch. 21 Awakening - Ch. 22 Fates - Half of Act 4 SoV

Ch. 24 Awakening - Ch. 25 Fates - End of Act 4 SoV

Endgame Awakening - Endgame Fates (27&28 together) - Endgame SoV/End of Act 5

Kid Paralogues can be done whenever aslong as it follows Rule 5. As for the pacing, we can only move forward when everyone reaches the mentioned checkpoints! And while grinding is allowed, too much griding is discouraged. Hopefully we can all reach Endgame together than way! As if

This Thread will serve as a log more than anything, to remind us of the fun chaos and to share the idea of linked runs around! It won't be a full LP since that might be a bit too much work.

Hopefully anyone who takes a look at this Thread can enjoy the chaos with us, or start their own linked run!

Edited by Imperator Squilla

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just our SoVdiot here adding a couple of points in advance because I am going to be slightly delayed in gameplay (Just for today, should hopefully have progress tomorrow).

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

The Challenge officialy starts at Brach of Fates for Fates players, Ch.5 for Awakening, and the last Act 1 map for SoV! Maps before that are a "Free zone" where you can reset if you want or do some breathing/thinking/training, but once we reach the start point, there's no going back!

Dracoshield strats? Dracoshield strats. 😄

But yeah otherwise it's appropriate to call Act 1 that.

Ch.13. Awakening - Ch. 14 Fates - Half of Act 3 SoV (up to Dayni to choose wether to finish Alm side or Celica's first)

I will be aiming to get Celica's main stuff wrapped up first for A3, but with Act 4 it'll likely be right before Celica tower/Alm dracofields.

As I've said elsewhere, I'm having to wait before tomorrow for my actual start. Good thing this shouldn't be complicated to catch up there if I have to.

And while grinding is allowed, too much griding is discouraged. Hopefully we can all reach Endgame together than way!

My goal is to do as little skirmishes outside quests as possible too, so we'll see how well I can do that here!

More bodies means more concentrated EXP, which is likely to help unless I lose all my dreadfighters by Part 4.

Edited by Punished Dayni

As someone who is a bit less experienced with Fire Emblem, I'm ready to both be screwed over by the other player's unit deaths and screw over other players with my unit deaths.

I'll be doing a short little start of the run, hoping that by chapter 5 we'll be able to kick start the challenge together

U6lk8rK.png

I usually just do default male Robin when playing Awakening but for this playthrough I decided to shake things up a little and play as a customized female Robin.

Well, imma start as well!

BkBxjHw.png

My usual +Mag/-Def Corn

poGgrRE.png

A good first lvlup

bHmqA6o.png

And now we do a Barrel Roll into a chasm because Azura said so! 

Now i shall await you all to start the challenge!

Ah right, you get to start from Branch of Fates

Well hopefully it wont take too long for us to catch up!

nc3o7dt.png

I'll have to do a bit more work on the emulation as it isn't the best right now.

Also I might personally limit Galeforce to only one unit who can get it but no promises for a bloodbath playthrough.

As I said before, I'll be playing on my 3DS, so no screenshots sadly.

I haven't started yet. I've yet to decide on my Corrin plans. Do I go cookie-cutter safe, something with a little more flavor? I'm up to 1500 in BP, which is 150 more than enough to qualify for  the Nosferatu. If I hopped online and grabbed the free Witch's Mark, I'm pretty sure Rin-Rin could solo the game. That said, it is a little boring, and double-checking BR's final map on my one surviving Hard file, there are palpably fewer enemies than Lunatic, maybe I don't need an unstoppable enemy-phase tank. -But it is the safest option should I lose everyone to ironman (I've never done one before) or should they perish from the demise of the individuals quantum entangled to them.

Any thoughts?🤔

-I also have BP & VP rewards up to 1500 and 2000 respectively. This qualifies me for, in addition to an abundance of "*Insert Name*'s *Insert Weapon Type*"s and other gimmick weapons...

• A full set of Killer weapons, a Mjolnir, and an extra Barb Shuriken.
  • A full set of Magical physical weapons
  • A free set of Dual weapons.
  • A free Club Splitter, Swordcatcher, and Pike-Ruin Club. Also a free Surefire Yumi.
  • Another Guard Naginata- remarkable b/c excellent for tanking.
  • "True" Ganglari.
  • A Lightning tome.
  • A Nosferatu tome, as crucially-mentioned before.
  • One each of the following staffs.
    • Freeze
    • Enfeeble
    • Physic
  • One free copy of each of the following Festals:
    • Rescue
    • Silence
    • Hexing
  • 2 of every non-Boots stat boosters. And 1 Arms Scroll.
  • The three monster-effective weapons, and a Wyrmslayer, Armorslayer, Beast Killer, Hammer, Hunter's Knife, and a free Sting Shuriken.

...This might have to the potential to break things completely if I use it all.😅 Maybe I shouldn't. -But then grabbing the free Witch's Mark wouldn't be so appealing without the Nos.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Any thoughts?

This sounds broken XD

Hmmm

How about making someone else other than corrin a nosfetanking witch?

Then again

This is your first ironman, and it comes with the whole link gimmick, so any failsafe is welcome? Not sure myself XD

On an incredible stroke of luck, I managed to score Eirika's Blade from a random glowey spot.

bjmlF7v.png

The RNJesus smiles upon me today.

29 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

This sounds broken XD

Hmmm

Then again

This is your first ironman, and it comes with the whole link gimmick, so any failsafe is welcome? Not sure myself XD

Now we're going to have to predict how necessary some tactics are based on how many units will end up dying.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Now we're going to have to predict how necessary some tactics are based on how many units will end up dying.

I will have to protect Orochi with all i am XD

And Niles

Captures will save the run!

27 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

This sounds broken XD

Hmmm

Then again

I could give Corrin Dark Mage, wed Izana, and have him be the Nostank. -His Peacebringer personal skill would be effectively +2 Def & Res, without the -2 ally damage coming into play if he is off alone with his Defensive Stance backpack Nostanking everything. Great Skl means needn't worry he'd miss, low Spd doesn't matter b/c Nohr's man-whores are slow and Nos bans doubling. -Yet this all hinges on Miriel or Luthier not going kibosh.

Although reading the rules, Orochi can stay alive no matter what happens to her otherworldly kin? She can go Witch, and would free Rin-Rin's Heart class pick if I choose not to wed them (I can probably do without the -20 adjacent enemy Avoid of Heartseeker). Mondo Mag, great Skl; she isn't very durable, and her Spd is abysmal, using my extra stat boosters might not break her? Although I would likely hold off on Witch-ing Orochi until she hits level 20, since the whole "can effectively promote early without losing out on any levels" is unbalanced. Throw her Rinkah's friendship and Jakob's love if Corrin's isn't available for more Tome/Scroll class options (Jakob might also be able to something gimmicky with Luna + Rend Heaven + unusually early Quixotic if he doesn't get whacked).

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

lthough reading the rules, Orochi can stay alive no matter what happens to her otherworldly kin? She can go Witch

Yup

And honestly what i plan to do as well, since i know i will make us of capture alot XD

Although i doubt she can tank since she's really frail.

Also, Heartseeker is amazing!

8 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

And here I am at chapter 5! I'll be waiting on the rest of you to reach the starting point before I continue.

You can finish ch5 if you want (since i finished 6) 😉 

Then you will have to wait alongside me 😄 

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Although i doubt she can tank since she's really frail.

We'll have to see about that!😃

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Also, Heartseeker is amazing!

If I give her Morrin with DM... well what's stopping me from leaving out the Witch and just having him Sorc Nostank? Which does sound a little boring. (Though I could send them Dark Knight unless I felt I really needed the superior Nostank.)

Thinking over Nohr's hordes, Daggers via Maids are a rarity, though the WTD of Lances are on some Pallies, GKs, WLs, and Generals. Nosferatu is only 70 Hit, but yet the Dusk Dummies aren't very evasive, so WTD is my primary accuracy concern. Is WTD that concerning, however? *Double checks Chapter 27* ...36 Avoid on the WLs is as dodgy as it gets for a Lance user, enemy weapon ranks don't pass B, so -10 accuracy from WTD. Base level Orochi would have 89 Hit with Nos... - 46 = 43, would certainly be higher with actual training, but high enough for ironman?

Fine, I give in, Morrin with DM it'll be. And yet, I shall send them into DK and keep them out of Sorc, on grounds that they must -unless going for skill pickups- stay in a sword-using class for the sake of swinging the Yato. No point in trying to have fun with early Jakob when Sumia unless benched is likely to go kaput. Felicia & Saizo for early Replicate & Shurikenfaire + magical Asugi will be on the menu instead, provided Lissa/Mae/Other Felicia aren't literally eaten first. As further punishment for my decision to use Nosferatu, normally unobtainable on Birthright, and since Orochi shall be able to go DM/Sorcerer in this case, the Witch's Mark is banned. I will have to look for a man who could make Ballistician useful instead, which isn't easy b/c Shura and Yukimura would be great for it but join so very late (Libra/Flora, or Other Shura/Faye/Olivia might get creamed before then too), and the other good men don't fit the class barring Takumi who would rather Sniper, leaving the crappy Subaki as the distant 4th place bet (though Arthur will likely get critblicked beforehand). Oh wait! Kidnap a generic lategame bow user? Couldn't be much worse than Yuki or Shura if it came to it.

-I know I shouldn't be thinking about creative or unusual builds with an ironman linked run. But it has been years since I last played Fates, the creativity is flowing.😆

Sorry I couldn't help myself, I started all the way from chapter 1 with Way too many images, so spoiler boxes below

Spoiler

AL9nZEW3PUH2MYw0w1msYo0T4vuxTzj_57QFQrBG

So I used a random number generator to make all of the cosmetic decisions to create this little character

AL9nZEW23YebcZgT8oz3aU-gGc-LqHIAU0sK7x1W

So meet our young heroine, TeeHee!

AL9nZEVy6eXfwLMnVe2yQw06xMNnvjqwEyBR-GbC

Yeah, I guess this is going to distract the TeeHee thread isn't it (sorry all, my name is going to amuse me far too much)

Although this little prologue chapter isn't all that interesting

AL9nZEV3lHJ3HltqaI7TATHLKNEucJsLdVNy-zuf

and not much is interesting on chapter one either, other than an ominously bad levelup...

AL9nZEVHC1qsDDQrQhZz4U7vLP_eEXwCCq85Ycwl

Although chapter 2 has some interesting decisions to make, like here where I am enemy focusing the left a little,

AL9nZEUZ9WBResANI9tTd9-ReLJ0lp3p4SUZaFej

And TeeHee gets a far better levelup this time around, before

AL9nZEV79pQlDFWMudlPe1zyyQ7GeKLM-YdS5d0q

switching to the right with Jacob wiping one, and TeeHee killing Kaze himself.

AL9nZEWqXAspj4yjVk41GoPNgMjYtbI8HxHmK2pZ

Another respectable levelup from enemy phasing the last of the right side

AL9nZEXkDBcy29JmJX7Z5gM5mB3A63AGAotHCVFI

And Jakob gets a solid level from his enemy phase action from the survivors on the left.

AL9nZEXVwydw1DnAlTjefLhknveRJMrLfgzjqEWs

Jeez TeeHee, don't jinx us now.

Whelp onto chapter 3

AL9nZEVLORU08xX85YI-RnqfKTLdy-yDRT5IjBV8

Thank goodness none of us are linked to the Green units, as they are suicidal.

AL9nZEUhf0BiktqIRyet6P9C7UTWrHdoGrnkfGPT

At least we have one viewer watching us already, although I think Hans may be wishing for our crushing defeat.

AL9nZEX0n3fcN1-4eT7pNdMb7lB_YdOq5ooC38UJ

Fortunately Jakob is squishy enough to draw in the bow fire, so he can counter enemy phase

AL9nZEVW3oqPxf_Ek_uogCX2pSDleM74IHwh598M

At least he got speed.

AL9nZEWY9h1VmimD-TJOvnW1aOE-GYtPzwjOMPkW

The best levelup of run so far.

AL9nZEWA6PqpGomYKAit7ztO0gfm4uYVeNd-ulvS

Although playing like this does mean I have to sit Jakob on the fort for a while, as he hasn't reached the level for live-to-serve yet, and we don't have access to vulneraries.

AL9nZEWy47wNZLwx5m1GvBep8jc0wLyBokK6Zxv7

Because Jakob has more enemy phasing to do as my only unit with any 2 range at all...

AL9nZEUke1rTDm4VagrY56nt873gxZAs2zfUtDCi

I do also let Jakob deal with fliers as the main

AL9nZEUbQpJsblNdmzBMdhjHXv8Blx2wHjb5RHxi

As he could use the levelups

AL9nZEU3zFwKIUap90XH4Rs0_6j-QWhToKi0dDiv

Although he does cut things rather close...

AL9nZEUAH9dPFCE6Bt4TNnxvzRLJhxiWipdb-ys5

Yeah, time for even more time on the fort...I really wish I had some vulneraries

AL9nZEX2q35mxBEoZjAqpmZ6rQ8PvE6rM_NX0i53

As I want him to help threaten the boss.

AL9nZEUBDNiZYoa2VTDaD0Wu1GTpfhLidHjZAWCl

Which does get him down to kill range, but if I miss the defense debuff puts her in death range so I play it far safer

AL9nZEWZTq0lzJ63LNCJ1rtHrqS-ewO0hUsIKa3W

And take advantage of the defensive powers of pairup for safer kill attempts instead.

AL9nZEVVFhGeqwyXhsHuuYPn0N6CT7zddeoLpCLu

I can't help it, I always go after the fort

AL9nZEWzeTpVpQ7bY85CA-2tWbzHiIYyexA7JD8gAL9nZEVPjA55T-RYPl-MfYN_2hrxT0LFYXKDnhdjAL9nZEX60eT-J9klGLgfQrBlzw1N-lz3wunMMoS_

And it does result in some nice experience for my littel crew. In case it isn't obvious already, and I keeping Gunter from sucking up any of the experience here,

AL9nZEVQHaFV7Mlc9rQOgTYHnnUQiXDc1apszDtF

...yeah, I am never the fastest player of this map.

AL9nZEWDunjNFbODoectODztxIw10nx9RXPeFzmR

I am never a big fan of chapter 4, but I try to deal with the boss as early as I can

AL9nZEW9tidquGbIONURUZnyppm5hxqxgs7YmwQY

At least I have vulneraries now...also I really should remember to use that Goddess Icon, but I forget to before I finish this update.

AL9nZEWlqGMA0Rm8cXD0Ie1vfV1XA4t7Dmn5-_Mp

Yeah, I regret this decision, I should have just ignored boss mountain, and killed all the ones that killed themselves on Hinoka, so I use pairup to bail out of there. Not in time to get any of the extra kills on the faceless in the north, but at least I have a chance to recover from the strength debuff the boss hands out.

AL9nZEWLSLW3aJb4gthE7cKdRsYy8tNYlTY3BDJz

Green army losses unit number two, RIP green Sakura.

AL9nZEVTip9q1kNMPsMY90cFBvfNAsFCdXY_rqGJ

When I take on the ones that stayed in the north of Boss mountain, TeeHee does drop to one HP, so the Concoction she talked her "sister" out of did help a lot.

AL9nZEWZE0GiU4beiQAiI39TKKiN1s32Rv-onwnG

At least I managed to kill the boss before I had to deal with that strength debuff again.

AL9nZEWZTiE7tHLlKSNm2DX9cdCVFFdflzv8wcGR

Getting more Magic is always interesting, and defense is especially good for an ironman.

AL9nZEX8SRq56py76HITPvzlNGRWrf_MA6DOeR41

Trying to get Kaze some exp on this map really emphasizes how bad he is at the moment, as he NEEDS some form of defense buff (like the Rinkah pairup) not to die

AL9nZEWvcjUhCwgs2nf3XpZgpIespLv7sM1cvJo_

Although this first levelup is exactly the stats he needs, as now the swordies don't one shot him alone

AL9nZEX-HmCNPXzyGP-NjSX7OJAUo6qxRpFxwYN8

And he got just enough speed to double the mages.

AL9nZEW6T3zSvHTgnk6LTMvN9zP7TDQ2I7n2UvNj

That Green player has managed to loss a unit every map for the last three, and Ryoma is a hard loss for them.

AL9nZEVl0D0Gky6an2HBbDfuBLG9pFwg-CyAh-ox

Both Speed, and Defense are a nice get for him.

AL9nZEWefPU2nnxLNqTv2bwYwG3ogCgISYwu-tZe

Kaze is to the point of managing mages OK

AL9nZEX35gszGH7stPw2OueFGZk34K1sJ3S59iha

But it is kinda funny how the Dragon is the best option for wiping the Wyrmslayer enemies from the map.

AL9nZEXQ2fwDOhFe3WUvfuxuDjhBf-Y1DVgtHqZn

Realistically I should probably just grind Azura up to a stupidly high level now, but I am kinda lazy, and I guess it will be useful for support grinding if I put it off...

AL9nZEUBeyFlcI33JKUwnv8ICp5ekA64kmPMYqDJ

...some Strength would be nice as well...sigh, this will end up like the last time I bothered with Kaze isn't it where he never had the strength to damage anything.

AL9nZEUD3ENvUpOhPlqHWbU0xnILErU34aMlGnSK

Of course the unit I can't use gets the best levelup of the run...almost a literal perfect levelup on her too...

AL9nZEWwTquacm61xzDBVGj3yRU9YB587ajXa_g9

...Of course, why would I imagine Kaze could do any damage. At least he wouldn't be one shot...

AL9nZEVtQuzwgZhVCL2KiPDRXqeF-eeV8dFm1Xu-

AL9nZEXWwSwaSV_jHTd0HWDLV5dMhEwpeA6OzdeA

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment pretend ghost dad.

AL9nZEULdvMv8WC8QwfRl69M-VzQWfIPvBAujHNW

...I hope no-one tries to sabotage the group the way Dragon TeeHee is here, as having to kill you thanks to someone else would kinda suck

AL9nZEVlsAMrgSwjefDvgB6T8KUb4VZWKcp1x2ts

And it wont catch me Slime Father, just those silly Green Units.

AL9nZEVJZWfVPV15yZnsFKNqnAevQEYGhqyQKCpM

@Saint Rubenio must be rubbing off on me, as I just can't help with the Garon posting, but it is the perfect way to transition into us being chosen by the slime father in Conquest.

AL9nZEUrhEVYy4m6v_X7fQF0_Emv_ZEQMx4bjXhQ

It just goes to show how much more moral the Nohrian side is, the Hoshidan side kills like there is no tomorrow, but the Nohrian side tries so hard to avoid needless bloodshed in its brutal Conquests 😛

AL9nZEX3kw59pj8c-5j31tzwH0Hlmm53y_EGuLy-

More seriously, I do think they did a good job of selling the Nohrian siblings as a family for TeeHee, which does sell the decision for me.

AL9nZEUT8c5IN_RZxZRNT4IS2hMju6929iHCHjxc

The icon family split moment.

AL9nZEUMV1dQ-Ue3PV5FpdY-COCMXX8PF3JXmwZg

Alas I have been tasked with Conquest. I am a bit worried, as I haven't ever tried to ironman any of the Fates games yet, but hopefully I don't bungel things too badly for the rest of you.

AL9nZEUZkEpkaYT4XfLV4aAJ0oCmD6-UsLMi3VUe

The Hoshidans are so judgmental with all this vile, Nohrian scum talk 😛 

AL9nZEXWsAjSBVQpkxhme-nDbXzlMHlzlQbQueeUAL9nZEWaXmyqF0-Ev2ylQMk5T8il201_upYJvH9eAL9nZEXYsKp9FAOOPln-FjLUujOvnmNDPhr47Ip6

Just collecting more images that reinforce the Nohrian siblings as a family for TeeHee...

AL9nZEVlDd0D_-lYOwfEv170BBYR84cRJeOB9T5Y

The real dangers of Garon posting, it has already attempted to kill the TeeHee thread.

AL9nZEUTWaoB6Sm6nyjO2TfxQesNySSSYhhLaJqb

Watch out, the Hoshidans are trying to destroy the TeeHee thread!

AL9nZEWxnSK_Iy3kpfi1UJc5ZMaUq6Kkd0BxxVCb

Here I am baiting some Tacomeat into an easy kill on player phase, but in retrospect, this was way more reckless than I should have been this chapter, as I forgot to check Taco's crit rate, I should have given him a pairup for the +5 crit avoid to make this perfectly safe

AL9nZEWZOvucsB2fb0M8weDYwr7Ib1JusvLLJgDB

But I wasn't punished. This isn't the most accurate kill, but I should have enough actions to get the kill, and a freeze use can keep Hinoka from threatening us.

AL9nZEUj-xKctADoNyT_srCeLUVLzyzibAlajsC4

Yeah, I shouldn't be wasting as many images on those empty words either. Oh the irony

AL9nZEXXHOuZWxvqoFfj2yc70Zbjt4_aWxcmkr1h

Oh Pineapple head, I will take great joy in slaying you too.

AL9nZEWuknr2T1VfYk5IWZJ7sEmj-43InjFRr0zY

The best praise you can get, is honest praise from an enemy. I will try to live up to this praise of my skill.

AL9nZEUgCFQ9sYNvLTLICrSeQLJXBy2_-V4KbT4E

Not bad.

AL9nZEXs2kVAh7U6V4snqgQDdBCUfslEUkUuJayM

Much as I want to feed this kill to Jakob, I can't trade switch Camilla to her tome to get the numbers to line up right.

AL9nZEVdbfcbl_wBZy8btOH3n6SPGDRwu6kMzLB-

This is more reckless than I should be, but I think I will try for the Ryoma kill to TeeHee, and I might as well get started on the chipping now.

AL9nZEWrE9IUQ1CdiMLa8ESwJbYRMKWtg8k0tGUG

Seems Yukimura can read the battle forecast as well.

AL9nZEWhjQNo_rB8OCcPcoVSxHrGzgCxs6C_jnMZ

...Yeah that's not great for what I am planning for him.

AL9nZEXH7YfnNmdLHmzWTCVEIXsmz5pOBZxjggA6

Now for the Dragonvein to lure Ryoma close enough for the kill.

AL9nZEWQYS8KFSjWH5ChqPhYbfxCph2fBS0jW4P6

The Freeze is really needed for the better accuracy

AL9nZEUDHWtH5wM6yyVVHdgQ66n1lxjVp73zBnwT

This should chip him down eno-

AL9nZEXVXzM8pmfGp1xrqVQSry6Q_xoiZUV6ex04

...or he can get the 3% crit. Oh well, trying for the Ryoma kill with TeeHee, while fun, is far riskier than I should be playing here. I need to remember that this is an ironman.

AL9nZEV_YIEmbVkJABJ_oBseWKGetQSyE8lyIngt

...Please stop trying to jinx it here TeeHee, if we win we win together, we only lose alone.

AL9nZEWAKu83LT8AXA1nBylcLMiIAcQ8zY4omHk9

I know Azura, the rules of an ironman are harsh.

AL9nZEVj6mZrHXSijra3vv338LhgDGzDR0m3vbLM

Don't be mentioning that terrible series of movies now Jakob.

AL9nZEXyRFceSwY6cXffnyiHUt8udzOAnTlS4Jov

Yes, lets end off by setting up a statue to the thread!

EDIT:

My Castle Address is 05131-441162   01294-92339 if @Interdimensional Observer wants to visit MyCastle. Actually, it would be funny if we could recruit a Bond unit for this run (although I don't how I would actually train one in Conquest...)

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

26 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thank goodness none of us are linked to the Green units, as they are suicidal

idea for next run 👁️ 

27 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

It just goes to show how much more moral the Nohrian side is, the Hoshidan side kills like there is no tomorrow, but the Nohrian side tries so hard to avoid needless bloodshed in its brutal Conquests

I love that that is kinda true lmao

BR Corn is on a bloodbath, while CQ Corn only has something against furries kek

30 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

10/10

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Sorry I couldn't help myself, I started all the way from chapter 1 with Way too many images, so spoiler boxes below

Reveal hidden contents

AL9nZEW3PUH2MYw0w1msYo0T4vuxTzj_57QFQrBG

So I used a random number generator to make all of the cosmetic decisions to create this little character

AL9nZEW23YebcZgT8oz3aU-gGc-LqHIAU0sK7x1W

So meet our young heroine, TeeHee!

AL9nZEVy6eXfwLMnVe2yQw06xMNnvjqwEyBR-GbC

Yeah, I guess this is going to distract the TeeHee thread isn't it (sorry all, my name is going to amuse me far too much)

Although this little prologue chapter isn't all that interesting

AL9nZEV3lHJ3HltqaI7TATHLKNEucJsLdVNy-zuf

and not much is interesting on chapter one either, other than an ominously bad levelup...

AL9nZEVHC1qsDDQrQhZz4U7vLP_eEXwCCq85Ycwl

Although chapter 2 has some interesting decisions to make, like here where I am enemy focusing the left a little,

AL9nZEUZ9WBResANI9tTd9-ReLJ0lp3p4SUZaFej

And TeeHee gets a far better levelup this time around, before

AL9nZEV79pQlDFWMudlPe1zyyQ7GeKLM-YdS5d0q

switching to the right with Jacob wiping one, and TeeHee killing Kaze himself.

AL9nZEWqXAspj4yjVk41GoPNgMjYtbI8HxHmK2pZ

Another respectable levelup from enemy phasing the last of the right side

AL9nZEXkDBcy29JmJX7Z5gM5mB3A63AGAotHCVFI

And Jakob gets a solid level from his enemy phase action from the survivors on the left.

AL9nZEXVwydw1DnAlTjefLhknveRJMrLfgzjqEWs

Jeez TeeHee, don't jinx us now.

Whelp onto chapter 3

AL9nZEVLORU08xX85YI-RnqfKTLdy-yDRT5IjBV8

Thank goodness none of us are linked to the Green units, as they are suicidal.

AL9nZEUhf0BiktqIRyet6P9C7UTWrHdoGrnkfGPT

At least we have one viewer watching us already, although I think Hans may be wishing for our crushing defeat.

AL9nZEX0n3fcN1-4eT7pNdMb7lB_YdOq5ooC38UJ

Fortunately Jakob is squishy enough to draw in the bow fire, so he can counter enemy phase

AL9nZEVW3oqPxf_Ek_uogCX2pSDleM74IHwh598M

At least he got speed.

AL9nZEWY9h1VmimD-TJOvnW1aOE-GYtPzwjOMPkW

The best levelup of run so far.

AL9nZEWA6PqpGomYKAit7ztO0gfm4uYVeNd-ulvS

Although playing like this does mean I have to sit Jakob on the fort for a while, as he hasn't reached the level for live-to-serve yet, and we don't have access to vulneraries.

AL9nZEWy47wNZLwx5m1GvBep8jc0wLyBokK6Zxv7

Because Jakob has more enemy phasing to do as my only unit with any 2 range at all...

AL9nZEUke1rTDm4VagrY56nt873gxZAs2zfUtDCi

I do also let Jakob deal with fliers as the main

AL9nZEUbQpJsblNdmzBMdhjHXv8Blx2wHjb5RHxi

As he could use the levelups

AL9nZEU3zFwKIUap90XH4Rs0_6j-QWhToKi0dDiv

Although he does cut things rather close...

AL9nZEUAH9dPFCE6Bt4TNnxvzRLJhxiWipdb-ys5

Yeah, time for even more time on the fort...I really wish I had some vulneraries

AL9nZEX2q35mxBEoZjAqpmZ6rQ8PvE6rM_NX0i53

As I want him to help threaten the boss.

AL9nZEUBDNiZYoa2VTDaD0Wu1GTpfhLidHjZAWCl

Which does get him down to kill range, but if I miss the defense debuff puts her in death range so I play it far safer

AL9nZEWZTq0lzJ63LNCJ1rtHrqS-ewO0hUsIKa3W

And take advantage of the defensive powers of pairup for safer kill attempts instead.

AL9nZEVVFhGeqwyXhsHuuYPn0N6CT7zddeoLpCLu

I can't help it, I always go after the fort

AL9nZEWzeTpVpQ7bY85CA-2tWbzHiIYyexA7JD8gAL9nZEVPjA55T-RYPl-MfYN_2hrxT0LFYXKDnhdjAL9nZEX60eT-J9klGLgfQrBlzw1N-lz3wunMMoS_

And it does result in some nice experience for my littel crew. In case it isn't obvious already, and I keeping Gunter from sucking up any of the experience here,

AL9nZEVQHaFV7Mlc9rQOgTYHnnUQiXDc1apszDtF

...yeah, I am never the fastest player of this map.

AL9nZEWDunjNFbODoectODztxIw10nx9RXPeFzmR

I am never a big fan of chapter 4, but I try to deal with the boss as early as I can

AL9nZEW9tidquGbIONURUZnyppm5hxqxgs7YmwQY

At least I have vulneraries now...also I really should remember to use that Goddess Icon, but I forget to before I finish this update.

AL9nZEWlqGMA0Rm8cXD0Ie1vfV1XA4t7Dmn5-_Mp

Yeah, I regret this decision, I should have just ignored boss mountain, and killed all the ones that killed themselves on Hinoka, so I use pairup to bail out of there. Not in time to get any of the extra kills on the faceless in the north, but at least I have a chance to recover from the strength debuff the boss hands out.

AL9nZEWLSLW3aJb4gthE7cKdRsYy8tNYlTY3BDJz

Green army losses unit number two, RIP green Sakura.

AL9nZEVTip9q1kNMPsMY90cFBvfNAsFCdXY_rqGJ

When I take on the ones that stayed in the north of Boss mountain, TeeHee does drop to one HP, so the Concoction she talked her "sister" out of did help a lot.

AL9nZEWZE0GiU4beiQAiI39TKKiN1s32Rv-onwnG

At least I managed to kill the boss before I had to deal with that strength debuff again.

AL9nZEWZTiE7tHLlKSNm2DX9cdCVFFdflzv8wcGR

Getting more Magic is always interesting, and defense is especially good for an ironman.

AL9nZEX8SRq56py76HITPvzlNGRWrf_MA6DOeR41

Trying to get Kaze some exp on this map really emphasizes how bad he is at the moment, as he NEEDS some form of defense buff (like the Rinkah pairup) not to die

AL9nZEWvcjUhCwgs2nf3XpZgpIespLv7sM1cvJo_

Although this first levelup is exactly the stats he needs, as now the swordies don't one shot him alone

AL9nZEX-HmCNPXzyGP-NjSX7OJAUo6qxRpFxwYN8

And he got just enough speed to double the mages.

AL9nZEW6T3zSvHTgnk6LTMvN9zP7TDQ2I7n2UvNj

That Green player has managed to loss a unit every map for the last three, and Ryoma is a hard loss for them.

AL9nZEVl0D0Gky6an2HBbDfuBLG9pFwg-CyAh-ox

Both Speed, and Defense are a nice get for him.

AL9nZEWefPU2nnxLNqTv2bwYwG3ogCgISYwu-tZe

Kaze is to the point of managing mages OK

AL9nZEX35gszGH7stPw2OueFGZk34K1sJ3S59iha

But it is kinda funny how the Dragon is the best option for wiping the Wyrmslayer enemies from the map.

AL9nZEXQ2fwDOhFe3WUvfuxuDjhBf-Y1DVgtHqZn

Realistically I should probably just grind Azura up to a stupidly high level now, but I am kinda lazy, and I guess it will be useful for support grinding if I put it off...

AL9nZEUBeyFlcI33JKUwnv8ICp5ekA64kmPMYqDJ

...some Strength would be nice as well...sigh, this will end up like the last time I bothered with Kaze isn't it where he never had the strength to damage anything.

AL9nZEUD3ENvUpOhPlqHWbU0xnILErU34aMlGnSK

Of course the unit I can't use gets the best levelup of the run...almost a literal perfect levelup on her too...

AL9nZEWwTquacm61xzDBVGj3yRU9YB587ajXa_g9

...Of course, why would I imagine Kaze could do any damage. At least he wouldn't be one shot...

AL9nZEVtQuzwgZhVCL2KiPDRXqeF-eeV8dFm1Xu-

AL9nZEXWwSwaSV_jHTd0HWDLV5dMhEwpeA6OzdeA

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment pretend ghost dad.

AL9nZEULdvMv8WC8QwfRl69M-VzQWfIPvBAujHNW

...I hope no-one tries to sabotage the group the way Dragon TeeHee is here, as having to kill you thanks to someone else would kinda suck

AL9nZEVlsAMrgSwjefDvgB6T8KUb4VZWKcp1x2ts

And it wont catch me Slime Father, just those silly Green Units.

AL9nZEVJZWfVPV15yZnsFKNqnAevQEYGhqyQKCpM

@Saint Rubenio must be rubbing off on me, as I just can't help with the Garon posting, but it is the perfect way to transition into us being chosen by the slime father in Conquest.

AL9nZEUrhEVYy4m6v_X7fQF0_Emv_ZEQMx4bjXhQ

It just goes to show how much more moral the Nohrian side is, the Hoshidan side kills like there is no tomorrow, but the Nohrian side tries so hard to avoid needless bloodshed in its brutal Conquests 😛

AL9nZEX3kw59pj8c-5j31tzwH0Hlmm53y_EGuLy-

More seriously, I do think they did a good job of selling the Nohrian siblings as a family for TeeHee, which does sell the decision for me.

AL9nZEUT8c5IN_RZxZRNT4IS2hMju6929iHCHjxc

The icon family split moment.

AL9nZEUMV1dQ-Ue3PV5FpdY-COCMXX8PF3JXmwZg

Alas I have been tasked with Conquest. I am a bit worried, as I haven't ever tried to ironman any of the Fates games yet, but hopefully I don't bungel things too badly for the rest of you.

AL9nZEUZkEpkaYT4XfLV4aAJ0oCmD6-UsLMi3VUe

The Hoshidans are so judgmental with all this vile, Nohrian scum talk 😛 

AL9nZEXWsAjSBVQpkxhme-nDbXzlMHlzlQbQueeUAL9nZEWaXmyqF0-Ev2ylQMk5T8il201_upYJvH9eAL9nZEXYsKp9FAOOPln-FjLUujOvnmNDPhr47Ip6

Just collecting more images that reinforce the Nohrian siblings as a family for TeeHee...

AL9nZEVlDd0D_-lYOwfEv170BBYR84cRJeOB9T5Y

The real dangers of Garon posting, it has already attempted to kill the TeeHee thread.

AL9nZEUTWaoB6Sm6nyjO2TfxQesNySSSYhhLaJqb

Watch out, the Hoshidans are trying to destroy the TeeHee thread!

AL9nZEWxnSK_Iy3kpfi1UJc5ZMaUq6Kkd0BxxVCb

Here I am baiting some Tacomeat into an easy kill on player phase, but in retrospect, this was way more reckless than I should have been this chapter, as I forgot to check Taco's crit rate, I should have given him a pairup for the +5 crit avoid to make this perfectly safe

AL9nZEWZOvucsB2fb0M8weDYwr7Ib1JusvLLJgDB

But I wasn't punished. This isn't the most accurate kill, but I should have enough actions to get the kill, and a freeze use can keep Hinoka from threatening us.

AL9nZEUj-xKctADoNyT_srCeLUVLzyzibAlajsC4

Yeah, I shouldn't be wasting as many images on those empty words either. Oh the irony

AL9nZEXXHOuZWxvqoFfj2yc70Zbjt4_aWxcmkr1h

Oh Pineapple head, I will take great joy in slaying you too.

AL9nZEWuknr2T1VfYk5IWZJ7sEmj-43InjFRr0zY

The best praise you can get, is honest praise from an enemy. I will try to live up to this praise of my skill.

AL9nZEUgCFQ9sYNvLTLICrSeQLJXBy2_-V4KbT4E

Not bad.

AL9nZEXs2kVAh7U6V4snqgQDdBCUfslEUkUuJayM

Much as I want to feed this kill to Jakob, I can't trade switch Camilla to her tome to get the numbers to line up right.

AL9nZEVdbfcbl_wBZy8btOH3n6SPGDRwu6kMzLB-

This is more reckless than I should be, but I think I will try for the Ryoma kill to TeeHee, and I might as well get started on the chipping now.

AL9nZEWrE9IUQ1CdiMLa8ESwJbYRMKWtg8k0tGUG

Seems Yukimura can read the battle forecast as well.

AL9nZEWhjQNo_rB8OCcPcoVSxHrGzgCxs6C_jnMZ

...Yeah that's not great for what I am planning for him.

AL9nZEXH7YfnNmdLHmzWTCVEIXsmz5pOBZxjggA6

Now for the Dragonvein to lure Ryoma close enough for the kill.

AL9nZEWQYS8KFSjWH5ChqPhYbfxCph2fBS0jW4P6

The Freeze is really needed for the better accuracy

AL9nZEUDHWtH5wM6yyVVHdgQ66n1lxjVp73zBnwT

This should chip him down eno-

AL9nZEXVXzM8pmfGp1xrqVQSry6Q_xoiZUV6ex04

...or he can get the 3% crit. Oh well, trying for the Ryoma kill with TeeHee, while fun, is far riskier than I should be playing here. I need to remember that this is an ironman.

AL9nZEV_YIEmbVkJABJ_oBseWKGetQSyE8lyIngt

...Please stop trying to jinx it here TeeHee, if we win we win together, we only lose alone.

AL9nZEWAKu83LT8AXA1nBylcLMiIAcQ8zY4omHk9

I know Azura, the rules of an ironman are harsh.

AL9nZEVj6mZrHXSijra3vv338LhgDGzDR0m3vbLM

Don't be mentioning that terrible series of movies now Jakob.

Yes, lets end off by setting up a statue to the thread!

You named…your Corrin…what…?

097B510F-4996-4C4E-B7A0-586247BC01B1.jpeg.af1fed4eba4bd64259947cbdd07ccb30.jpeg

Vae Victis!

I am the bane of the Teehee Legion:

11361-17353 44669-07452

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

Now that I have my Corrin plans worked out, I decided to get the stuff up to and including Chapter 6 done.

I chose the name "Yamato" for my male Corrin, since after all they are going to be wed to Orochi for giving her Dark Mage as a critical part of this run -or so I intend. Technically it's Yamata-no-Orochi, but Yamato I've seen used as a person's name in a video game before, so it looks more natural to me.

I picked +Def/-Spd. I've never done -Spd Corrin before, and Dark Knight is going to be a slow class for them, however.:

• Garon's Goons are also a slow bunch, I fear not being doubled.
  • Defensive Stance Spd is in no short supply in the Dawn Dragon's domain.
  • Dodgetanking is pretty unreliable in Fates.
  • And, Speed is pretty easy to do calculations with when enemy-phasing and trying to live, though no necessarily kill. If I don't get doubled, that's all I need to know.

+Def (+10% Def, +5 Lck & Res) is for concrete durability, gotta survive those Berserkers that peak at like 51 Atk. Enemy magical offensive seems to peak around 37, even if Corrin had a Def-Res gap (as they so far have), the former looks much more menacing. -HP/Lck/Res would've undermined this, -Str/Mag would also diminish their Def/Res growth and cut into their offense, -Skl is unappealing on ironman and again cuts reduces the +Def growth bonus. -Spd does mitigate the tiny Lck boost, yet it's so tiny that I don't care.

The pre-Branch of Fate stuff is mostly easy, Chapter 5 aside. On Chapter 2, my Corrin + Gunter Defensive Stance + Sword WTA over the Yumis + Demoiselle from Felicia was able to achieve enough durability to take no damage from the Archers and only 1x2 from the Samurai-Archer pair at the northern chokepoint you're not supposed to be able to survive. I decided why not and took the time to kill them. ignoring the Dragon Vein entirely. Things got a little hairy with the Sky Knight reinforcements, the game should've given you a Vulnerary even with your servant-staffer on hand, but I lived. Things were otherwise unremarkable and I aimed for a modicum of "efficiency" in my victories for these maps.

A chronological record of Corrin's level ups so far:

1. HP/Str/Mag/Def.
  2. HP/Spd/Lck/Def/Res.
  3. Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Def.
  4. Lck/Def.
  5. HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Lck.
  6. HP/Str/Skl/Def.
  7. Mag/Spd/Def.
  8. HP/Str/Skl/Lck/Def.

All but one of these 8 level-ups was +Def, Corrin has a 55% growth as a Nohr Prince (Def boon is a mere 10% bonus, smaller than any other non-Res growths boon boost). Blessed. Add in the +1 base Def from the boon, and it is 14 Def at level 9 right now. Using the Dragonstone would boost this to 18, and 21 Res-hitting Atk, not bad.

Spd ain't doing too bad at 3 procs with at 45% growth, though it sure isn't enough to double, since I also suffer -2 base Spd with it being the flaw, so 9 is the current value. Only one Res proc on the 35% growth and a 2 Res base is worrisome in the long-term however.

Felicia, who I might seriously use as a non-Defensive Stance backpack, did alright on her level gains too. HP/Skl/Spd/Lck, Str/Spd/Res, Mag/Lck/Def/Res. Shows promise.

Kaze got Skl/Spd, then Str/Skl/Def, and HP/Skl/Res. Meh, bench material; I want to give Saizo a spin instead anyhow. Azura snuck in a kill for Mag/Spd/Lck/Res; and Sakura Skl/Def.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

My Castle Address is 05131-441162   01294-92339 if @Interdimensional Observer wants to visit MyCastle. Actually, it would be funny if we could recruit a Bond unit for this run (although I don't how I would actually train one in Conquest...)

I tried entering this first thing once I got to MyCastle. It didn't work for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I tried entering this first thing once I got to MyCastle. It didn't work for some reason.

Try 05131-41162 01294-92339 or 05131-44162  01294-92339 . One of those worked for me when I took the fight to Mt. Teehee. 

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Iirc they have to be same region, is that the case?

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

That's bringing back some painful memories... 

40 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I chose the name "Yamato" for my male Corrin, since after all they are going to be wed to Orochi for giving her Dark Mage as a critical part of this run -or so I intend. Technically it's Yamata-no-Orochi, but Yamato I've seen used as a person's name in a video game before, so it looks more natural to me.

What game was that? The only Yamato I remember is Vergil's sword from Devil May Cry.

42 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Looks like I had a typo, and accidentally doubled a 4

05131-41162   01294-92339

That should be the right code.

It works! 

You should have my address b/c of the visit, but for Shrimpy, I'll list my MyCastle's address: 11778-11674-56473-15184.

54 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

What game was that? The only Yamato I remember is Vergil's sword from Devil May Cry.

Devil-Survivor2-Boxart.png

White-haired guy whose head has the Atlus logo in front of it.

My castle address is 11039-65271 77798-26498

I'm not even playing Fates, I just wanted to join everyone in sharing our addresses.

Eh, there might be multiple places to choose from, Ft. Sàgh-a-lie is probably the best.

Well, things didn't go as planned. So the 3DS has still not been charged as I didn't get back.

Tomorrow it is, I'll have to distract myself then somehow I suppose.

20 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

This is why Deen and Forsyth will be my carries