Teehee Madness 2 - Full 3DS Linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

Alright, time to actually play this.

Prologue 2-turned with Mycen charging at Slayde first, then going to one of the graves to take out the other cav who was still alive and have Slade chase him back.

I think I took 5 turns on the first actual map trying to get exp and only Tobin levelled up, getting Atk. Not a great start.

Next map I manage to see both Kliff and Faye miss on a bandit which sucked, but Faye got Def for a level from it. Later on Lukas got Skl and Def, Kliff got Spd and Alm got HP, Luk and Def (I screwed up so Tobin didn't hit his next level)

Next up, Thief Shrine! First encounter I get sees Tobin get Skl, Faye get HP, Skl, Spd, Luk and Def and Kliff get Atk (two encounters in 1!), then the next sees Faye get Atk, Kliff get Skl, Spd and Def and Alm get too 99 Exp (Oof)

I got Kliff-Tobin C rank right before the BB fight (Surprisingly fast for me), Alm gets Atk and Skl, Lukas get Luk and Def, Tobin gets HP, Spd and Luk, Gray gets Skl and Spd, Kliff gets Def and after a risky call Faye takes a shot at the boss despite being doubled to end the map and level Atk, Skl and Luk.

So, any objections to Mage Tobin, Cleric Faye, Archer Kliff and Merc Gray?

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I picked +Def/-Spd. I've never done -Spd Corrin before, and Dark Knight is going to be a slow class for them, however.:

I did -Spd Corrin in Hard before, hope you don't end up with 11 Spd for a while. The highest I got in the BR run was 19. Somehow the Conquest one got to 30.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

This is why Deen and Forsyth will be my carries

We're all going to try exploiting the few certainties we have to the fullest, aren't we?😜

Sounds like it could be a little boring doing that. I'll try to live a little and use a fuller team, knowing well that almost anyone could through no fault of my own suddenly become a sunk investment.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

So, any objections to Mage Tobin, Cleric Faye, Archer Kliff and Merc Gray?

Fayeric is her best choice, and does provide you with a backup in case a Silque-link winds up in six feet under. Shura I would speculate stands a low chance of perishing, Olivia I'm not Shura of (Awakening is so enemy-phase heavy that a refresher is unusually not so useful there, placing her on the absolutely safety of the bench seems feasible), but Faye seems to be unlikely to be lost via other units' deaths in character arrangements of this linked ironman.

Mage Tobin is another Physics backup, so not a bad idea either. Excalibur isn't reliable, but then ORKOing with mages in SoV is not exactly consistent.  If Virion doesn't die early, bowlock in Awakening and a shoddy start incline me to think he'll end up in the doomsday bunker, improving Tobin's chances of long-term survival, though Conquest!Leo (Rev is safer for him) and Takumi are likely to be used (I know I'll be using the latter) do give Tobin some pause for concern.

Gray, his only real alternative is Archer. In the long run, I would actually consider Gray the best of the Ram boys. Highest Str gives him the highest damage with Hunter's Volley, for which you don't need an overabundance of Skl, and Spd is irrelevant. Merc is of course the usual path for him though. Linkage to Stahl probably might be a problem, IDK. I intend to bench Kaze, Rev!Kaze I could see not being useful, but Conquest!Kaze... it could almost be a question of when, not if, although being extra cautious with the only natural CQ ninja means Caze might live to the end. It is the Traitorous Wind of Hoshido who holds Gray's life in the balance. (Which reminds me, I might use MyCastle solely to get the support rank for BR!Kaze's survival.)

Kliff can be good in anything, or at least least-worst in Soldier.

• I consider him to be the worst Ram Archer in the long-run, since again, the endgame is Hunter's Volley and that doesn't care about his Spd at all. Def is technically not useless, but not exactly useful with bow range either. In the shorter term, he might be able to double eventually. Making a Killer Bow is expensive too, and you can toss the first one to Python (CQ!Selena could meet her mother, but otherwise her other incarnations shouldn't be an issue and Setsuna isn't one either; Python is about as safe these linkages get).
  • SoV gives you Clive-Mathilda-Zeke-Mycen, so you probably don't want another Cav. Though it is the promotion that most readily utilizes both his Spd and Def growths.
  • Mage is great eventually with enough levels, but you need a lot of early Spd procs from that amazing 60% growth to overcome his horrid base to get doubling. Saggitae and Aura are strong, but they're heavy, nor does it have the utility of Physic (nor are they Seraphim, even if Alm fights too few mandatory monsters to get much benefit from it). 
  • While it salvages everyone, I actually like Kliff as a Dread Fighter. Res takes a miracle to proc (the Ram boys can't do it at all) nor does it increase on promotion, and furthermore, Dread Fighter's Apotrope halves all black magic damage taken. Dread Fighter does have Res +5, yet Apotrope effectively doubles the displayed difference in units Res stats. Meaning, the six-point difference of Gray and Kliff's Res values is actually 12 in Dread Fighter. I consider that a huge difference in magic-tanking potential.

Kliff got paired with two shotas and one little old lady. Hmm... Rev Nyx probably isn't a concern if Shrimpy isn't using a mod. CQ!Nyx... perhaps (although who isn't in danger on CQ?). I'll likely sideline Hayato in favor of throwing everything at Orochi, Rev!Hayato is more likely to be used, but again maybe not b/c Orochi. Ricken ain't great, so I'd pin him as unlikely to die. Kliff is moderate-low risk my inner actuary is telling me.

Edit: Do whatever you want with the the Goat Guys & Gal. I was merely stating my usual assessments, plus the little twist this five-run approach has imposed on them.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds like it could be a little boring doing that. I'll try to live a little and use a fuller team, knowing well that almost anyone could through no fault of my own suddenly become a sunk investment.

I didn't say I wouldn't use anyone else, just that those two will be definitely my main forces when everyone else inevitably dies.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fayeric is her best choice, and does provide you with a backup in case a Silque-link winds up in six feet under. Shura I would speculate stands a low chance of perishing, Olivia I'm not Shura of (Awakening is so enemy-phase heavy that a refresher is unusually not so useful there, placing her on the absolutely safety of the bench seems feasible), but Faye seems to be unlikely to be lost via other units' deaths in character arrangements of this linked ironman.

Mage Tobin is another Physics backup, so not a bad idea either. Excalibur isn't reliable, but then ORKOing with mages in SoV is not exactly consistent.  If Virion doesn't die early, bowlock in Awakening and a shoddy start incline me to think he'll end up in the doomsday bunker, improving Tobin's chances of long-term survival, though Conquest!Leo (Rev is safer for him) and Takumi are likely to be used (I know I'll be using the latter) do give Tobin some pause for concern.

Gray, his only real alternative is Archer. In the long run, I would actually consider Gray the best of the Ram boys. Highest Str gives him the highest damage with Hunter's Volley, for which you don't need an overabundance of Skl, and Spd is irrelevant. Merc is of course the usual path for him though. Linkage to Stahl probably might be a problem, IDK. I intend to bench Kaze, Rev!Kaze I could see not being useful, but Conquest!Kaze... it could almost be a question of when, not if, although being extra cautious with the only natural CQ ninja means Caze might live to the end. It is the Traitorous Wind of Hoshido who holds Gray's life in the balance. (Which reminds me, I might use MyCastle solely to get the support rank for BR!Kaze's survival.)

Kliff can be good in anything, or at least least-worst in Soldier.

• I consider him to be the worst Ram Archer in the long-run, since again, the endgame is Hunter's Volley and that doesn't care about his Spd at all. Def is technically not useless, but not exactly useful with bow range either. In the shorter term, he might be able to double eventually. Making a Killer Bow is expensive too, and you can toss the first one to Python (CQ!Selena could meet her mother, but otherwise her other incarnations shouldn't be an issue and Setsuna isn't one either; Python is about as safe these linkages get).
  • SoV gives you Clive-Mathilda-Zeke-Mycen, so you probably don't want another Cav. Though it is the promotion that most readily utilizes both his Spd and Def growths.
  • Mage is great eventually with enough levels, but you need a lot of early Spd procs from that amazing 60% growth to overcome his horrid base to get doubling. Saggitae and Aura are strong, but they're heavy, nor does it have the utility of Physic (nor are they Seraphim, even if Alm fights too few mandatory monsters to get much benefit from it). 
  • While it salvages everyone, I actually like Kliff as a Dread Fighter. Res takes a miracle to proc (the Ram boys can't do it at all) nor does it increase on promotion, and furthermore, Dread Fighter's Apotrope halves all black magic damage taken. Dread Fighter does have Res +5, yet Apotrope effectively doubles the displayed difference in units Res stats. Meaning, the six-point difference of Gray and Kliff's Res values is actually 12 in Dread Fighter. I consider that a huge difference in magic-tanking potential.

Kliff got paired with two shotas and one little old lady. Hmm... Rev Nyx probably isn't a concern if Shrimpy isn't using a mod. CQ!Nyx... perhaps (although who isn't in danger on CQ?). I'll likely sideline Hayato in favor of throwing everything at Orochi, Rev!Hayato is more likely to be used, but again maybe not b/c Orochi. Ricken ain't great, so I'd pin him as unlikely to die. Kliff is moderate-low risk my inner actuary is telling me.

There's an argument to make that with Tobin with Leo and Takumi he could be a better choice as archer for reliability, but let's be real Virion's even more of a risk than Stahl.

It's a good point that Kliff as Dread would be reliable and for Hunter's Volley you want HP, Atk and Skl to maximise your chances, in which Gray's 45/40/30 is probably perfectible to Kliff's 35/30/45.

Kliff and Gray switch then.

(Aside, oh jeez Shrimpy really put Genny in with the beaststone users didn't he?)

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Shura I would speculate stands a low chance of perishing, Olivia I'm not Shura of (Awakening is so enemy-phase heavy that a refresher is unusually not so useful there, placing her on the absolutely safety of the bench seems feasible), but Faye seems to be unlikely to be lost via other units' deaths in character arrangements of this linked ironman.

Wait, I've thought about this before.

If Shura gets made into Boots in Conquest does that mean we all lose the linked units?

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mage is great eventually with enough levels, but you need a lot of early Spd procs from that amazing 60% growth to overcome his horrid base to get doubling. Saggitae and Aura are strong, but they're heavy, nor does it have the utility of Physic (nor are they Seraphim, even if Alm fights too few mandatory monsters to get much benefit from it). 

Don't dunk on my mage boi

31 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

(Aside, oh jeez Shrimpy really put Genny in with the beaststone users didn't he?)

31 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

If Shura gets made into Boots in Conquest does that mean we all lose the linked units?

yup

Otoh if Shura's linked units die before he appears, Eltosian get's free boots!

Edited by Imperator Squilla

I'm unsure of how to weigh the odds with that. Kaden I don't consider good, Keaton sorta is though. And Panne is good, albeit more outside of Taguel than in it, yet Wyvern Rider Panne -her best option- is bow vulnerable, atop the rare anti-dragon and beast weapon. Maybe going Assassin would be safer.  It's not the fox nor the wolf, but the rabbit that is the greatest threat to the lamb yet worry not, you get to break the ironman rules if you sell her soul to The Neglected Dragon Beyond Comprehension.

There's an argument to make that with Tobin with Leo and Takumi he could be a better choice as archer for reliability, but let's be real Virion's even more of a risk than Stahl.

I dunno. If Virion could launch a hailstorm of Lethality-laced arrows, maybe he would be. Yet I consider him a comically bad early-joining archer in a franchise whose history has been laden with them, and Awakening does him no favors in the long-term. If that results in Virion getting taken off the battlefield early, then he is of no concern. Stahl is solid, and thus liable to actually see combat in the long-term which is less safe than not fighting at all.

We'll just have to see.😈

Kliff and Gray switch then.

Do whatever you want! You don't have to obey my analyses. I'm not one one to force my perspectives into others' action.😆

I didn't say I wouldn't use anyone else, just that those two will be definitely my main forces when everyone else inevitably dies.

I know what you meant. 

And let us hope that things don't end up like one of those old rockets that took men to the Moon. A tall, imposing object that as it presses against resistance, ends up shedding part after part until all that remains is the little cone at the top. (The metaphor is far from perfect, as multi-stage rockets are intentional design. And have to shed pieces that carried momentum-building fuel to lose mass because of the sheer enormity of the challenge of escaping the atmosphere and Earth's gravitation pull. Successful one-stage Earth-to-space crafts are more difficult to invent.)

Onto the map of Leather Shield Merc. Well, started off awkward enough when I didn't use the fountains either, but slowly moved through the enemies, with Lukas getting HP and Skl as our sole level before they were cleared, then turning to the LSM. Alm got HP, Luk and Def while Tobin got HP, Atk and Skl, then Kliff got Spd and Def from beating the last of the brigands who'd ran to heal.

Next is of course the legendary battle, told in epochs of song forevermore apparently: The Southern Outpost. The first level was Skl and Def for Faye, Atk and Def for Gray taking out the Steel Bow Archer, Atk and Spd for Kliff, HP for Silque, I accidentally ate some of the bread trading for the iron sword so Kliff cound actually finish something off, Tobin got HP, Atk, Skl and Luk (And Swap) and Lukas got the bos, getting HP, Skl and Def for the finish (Baron mightn't be worth the effort if he keeps like that, might reclass him earlier then)

I decide to then loop back to the Brigand killing quest to get Clair in particular Exp and let Kliff have fun with the Lightning sword as apology for not making him a mage. Faye gets HP, Atk and Luk in the first encounter, Silque gets HP, Atk, Skl and Luk, Kliff gets Luk and Def and Clair gets Luk and Fatigued for her troubles after doing most of the work. Gray gets Atk, Skl and Def next level (Man, he is going to love Hunter's Volley), Alm gets HP, Atk and Skl and Clair just missed a level. Ah well, get the Fruit of Life and move on to the next actual map.

This being The One where Kaga made a tutorial out of having horses at the other end of the map. Clair gets HP, Skl, Spd and Def for her second level, Kliff gets Skl, Lukas gets HP, Atk, Skl and Def (Am I going to reclass him into Archer too?), Silque gets Atk and Def, Faye gets Spd (Hopefully she gets that more so I can joke about Tanky Faye here) and Tobin finishes with HP, Skl and Spd (Lucky bastard). After that we meet Sir Traitor and we move on to Kaga horse map 2: This time with chokepoint!

This time Gray's first with a level, in Skl, Spd and Def, Alm gets HP, Skl, Spd, Def and Res (Alm needed Spd so bad, so this was great), Kliff got HP, Skl and Spd (He will definitely get a Str boost on promotion at this rate), Clair gets Skl, Spd and Luk, Faye gets HP and Atk. Also, Gray got a funny crit on a foe standing in a forest tile.

Alright, so with that we're outside the Zofian Royal Cryp- The Deliverance Hideout! Am I putting too much emphasis on levels, because I know how that can be considered of little relevance in SoV but I don't have much else to point out when I'm skipping story besides you engage enemy squads in this game.

1 minute ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I wonder if any hack has made her a Sheepstone user.

yup

Eltoshan Kadath, now is not the time to be getting killer fashion! You hear me?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Do whatever you want! You don't have to obey my analyses. I'm not one one to force my perspectives into others' action.😆

Nah, don't worry too much. I took it into consideration and adjusted my plan was all.

And in fairness, Gray's been proccing the stats he needs for it, really helping the case you made.

I'll put the non-mandatory battles in spoilers for now

Spoiler

In the Deliverance encounters, Silque got Luk (......), Clair got Atk, Spd and Luk, Tobin got HP, Skl, Spd and Luk, Gray gets HP and Def, Lukas gets Skl, Kliff gets HP and Spd, Alm gets HP, Faye gets Atk and Luk (And Physic), Gray gets HP, Atk and Skl, Tobin gets HP, Atk and Skl (And Excaliber!), Clair gets Skl and Luk, Silque gets HP and Luk, Gray gets HP, Atk and Luk. At this point I pick up the others and do one more run around to get Clive and Forsyth in particular up to speed, where Faye gets Atk, Tobin gets HP, Atk, Skl, Spd and Def, Forsyth gets Atk, Spd, Luk and Def, Silque gets Atk, Skl and Luk (With Warp, I swore it was Lvl 8), Alm gets HP, Atk, Skl, Luk and Def, Python gets Skl and Spd (Will I get a fast one without looping him? Probably not), Kliff gets Skl and Spd, Clive gets HP and Spd (YO), Lukas gets Atk, Forsyth gets Atk, Skl and Luk, Faye gets HP and Skl, Forsyth gets Atk and Luk, Python gets Skl, Spd and Def (!). Then I went and promoted more half of Alm's squad.

I managed to smack one of the encounters through the breakable wall after it broke, which I wasn't exactly looking to do.

Onto the main event, Desaix! But crucially, Dracoshield strats! First off is clearing the Iron bows which almost works but one gets away from a warped in Clive. Then when I try to pull in Slayde he ends up not attacking because I pulled so many enemies he didn't have a place to go. Silque gets a level with HP, Atk, Skl, Spd and Luk while I try and clean this up, but the archer surviving gave the arcanist something to do and thus led to him putting himself out there for me, how sweet. As was the level Clair got for beating him. Python on the other hand would like to stop using the Steel bow, even with the Skl levels he's miserable. After a turn pulling Desaix and his archers, we had him in a place to trap him and Slayde running back to heal, so we start the trap after removing the archers (Python has gotten Speed 3 times in a row. Speedy Python?). Thankfully Slayde seemed perfectly willing to comply, so we kept wailing on Desaix. When I took the last archer out Slayde started attacking again, but at least he was on a healtile so Clive couldn't kill if he somehow got 2 crits in a row. After I think a dozen or so turns (I ended it on Turn 18, probably more like 10 for this so), Desaix goes down.... Only for him to be someone else. Who cares, I got a Dracoshield!

One last encounter to put Python to level 7 (and now he's on 8 Speed. Was he ever this fast before?), and the well springs (2 Atk to Clair, 1 to Gray, 2 Spd to Forsyth, 1 to Alm because my word he's slow.) then go back to Zofia castle and end Act 1.

And with that, that's the first checkpoint. Where's everyone else at?

Edited by Punished Dayni

25 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

After I think a dozen or so turns (I ended it on Turn 18, probably more like 10 for this so), Desaix goes down.... Only for him to be someone else. Who cares, I got a Dracoshield!

Only 18 turns? That sounds fast, not that I've ever attempted it before.

The Dracoshield ought to make Alm's group (and or Celica's if you use the traders) impossible to completely kill off.

25 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

And with that, that's the first checkpoint. Where's everyone else at?

I think we're all at the same point now. Though I'll wait until others confirm their status.

I'm Ret-2-Go! I tend to be go all-in with playing FE, I normally don't take a break until it's over, so holding back like this is leaving me a little impatient.😆

I'm none too worried about massive die-offs. Maybe I should be, but Conquest is the only real worrisome game here, if it was Conquest + Binding (Hard) + Berwick + New Mystery (Maniac, to be slightly merciful) + Thracia, then I'd be sweating ballista bolts.

@Edelguardiansing you finished Chapter 5?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

if it was Conquest + Binding (Hard) + Berwick + New Mystery (Maniac, to be slightly merciful) + Thracia

Just Conquest + Berwick did me and Ruben off xD

Now imagine all those together haha

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm none too worried about massive die-offs. Maybe I should be, but Conquest is the only real worrisome game here, if it was Conquest + Binding (Hard) + Berwick + New Mystery (Maniac, to be slightly merciful) + Thracia, then I'd be sweating ballista bolts.

With Awakening's squad of unpromoted units, I am concerned.

Then again, I think everyone will be scared of me when we reach Part 4, all the killoff maps are there.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only 18 turns? That sounds fast, not that I've ever attempted it before.

That's the map total, so including getting in the upper half, defeating other enemies and avoiding killing Slayde. I bet you can clear faster while getting the shield, especially with more crits.

Some crits (maybe 10 or so), but I had 4 units hitting from range and doubling and Alm also reliably hit him too on EP/one or two Windsweeps to see how much it could do. Understandably, not much.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Dracoshield ought to make Alm's group (and or Celica's if you use the traders) impossible to completely kill off.

Silque can actually take a hit now!

2 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

@Imperator Squilla I’ve put your Teehee legionaries to the sword Shrimp-kun! 

We're not in Teehee though.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

@Edelguardiansing you finished Chapter 5?

Yep! Now I believe we're just waiting on Dayni to beat Act 1 and we're ready to go!

I should say, I don't have a truly complex plan yet as I'm still trying to feel out the rhythm, but I what I'm planning to do at least is get the free characters as soon as I can. Right now I'm just trying to make use of every unit I have so far since I imagine some will be dying soon, both because of me and because of others.

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I never hated Fates Shrimp-kun, I just thought that the other Teehee cultists and you hated it.

This is the biggest fucking plot twist I've ever witnessed.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

11 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Now I believe we're just waiting on Dayni to beat Act 1 and we're ready to go!

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

And with that, that's the first checkpoint.

I think we can now advance!

Fates and awakening peeps, we go chapter by chapter, and we meet Dayni finishing Act 2 at the end of ch.9 Awakening and ch.10 Fates

Edited by Imperator Squilla

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yep! Now I believe we're just waiting on Dayni to beat Act 1 and we're ready to go!

That's what I was working on today.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2FQRm7pJlKE3gAAAAC%2Fsonar-campana-mortal-glitch.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=6f61beec95c5920745f18be4437d9deb9a933cdac4fc8e55c089dc985508a594&ipo=images

We're good to go.

4 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Some M. Night kinda twist if you ask me.

Fates and awakening peeps, we go chapter by chapter, and we meet Dayni finishing Act 2 at ch.9 Awakening and ch.10 Fates

Boat maps.... are goat maps......

Bbc Crying GIF

Dayni facing Cantors be like

Honestly the Cantor in this chapter is nothing compared to Boat Map #5. Annoying, but it's not a map full of magic.

There's also the Necrodragonnssss to worry about.

3 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

There's also the Necrodragonnssss to worry about.

Oh fuck i forgot that one

If you don't have that spell on Celica by the time you go there it's hell...

Even with it can be a pain tbh.

Sheep's summons help alot tho

24 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Don’t get me wrong, Fates is at best a just okay game. Given that I felt Revelations was a slog, and the story over all wasn’t great, I at least think it’s better then Awakening.

S3e9DWs.png

Here we go

Well, i hope i don't make any careless mistakes here because any such mistake can mean the end of the hard iron man XD

Why does this map have 4 deployment slots anyway?

I'm going to do the second paralogue to start of with if that's okay, I like material benefits.

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

Why does this map have 4 deployment slots anyway?

Just in case any smart asses got the amiibo characters on their team somehow.