Teehee Madness 2 - Full 3DS Linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

FIFY

DK2Frost.png

Looks like the wacky (and mostly Japan-only) Sengoku Basara franchise went for a gender-neutral spin on Kenshin. Not expressly female, but obviously influenced by the rumors.

(Sengoku Basara did turn Magoichi of the Saika "clan" into a lady. But TBF, that name was an alias/title used by several men of the Suzuki clan who led a notable group of Sengoku-era mercenaries who used tanegashima.* Since it's merely a title, making Magoichi a woman requires slightly less historical suspension-of-disbelief. 

*Tanegashima = a Japanese arquebus, aka a "matchlock". Matchlocks are the first guns/rifles, the ones that dominated warfare in the 1400-1600s, "matchlock" is because you used a lit fuse as the trigger mechanism. The flintlock/musket was the improved replacement gun of the 1700s and up to the mid-1800s. 

Getting back to Japan. In 1543, Portuguese sailors were forced in a storm to land on Tanegashima Island in Japan, whose feudal lord shared the island's name. The lord/daimyo Tanegashima acquired a couple arquebuses from the Portuguese, and decided to manufacture thousands of his own with a pinch of startup help from them. Thus, Japan entered the gunpowder age. With other Sengoku warlords realizing the power of the gun, and courting European trade to purchase more of the weapons.)

Also, I got Kenshin's title wrong. It's Dragon of Echigo, "Tiger of Kai" is the epithet of his or her if you believe the speculation famed rival, Shingen of the Takeda clan.😅 -Which is giving me a Samurai Warriors-SRW crossover thought.😆

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Something like Elise!Ophelia!Kana or Nyx!Ophelia!Kana can use Dstone+ for  ~70Matk, and the hit problems are migitated by the passed on heartseeker. Can literally one shot the toughest stuff out there. 

Sakura!Rhajat!Kana could also work, by passing Renewal, which synergizes well with her personal

Double!exclamation!point.

I think that's my problem, I never 3rd-gen'd my Kanas.

---

I popped the Heart Seal on Azama. He hadn’t learned Rally Luck yet having not earned a single level, but I might send him back to Great Master eventually for Renewal, and Sakura will be getting it anyhow.

BR Azama as Apothecary, level 7 bases:

• HP 26 / Str 15 / Mag 4 / Skl 8 / Spd 9 /Lck 10 / Def 14 / Res 5
    • Archer, if Azama had access to it, would be -1 HP, -1 Str, -2 Def, -1 Res. And +3 Skl and +1 Spd.
    • Quick Draw would fix the minimal Str loss on the player phase, unless Azama returned to Apothecary or one of its promotions later.
  • Bulky-hulky for a class that claims to brew potions and “use yumis for self defense”, as if they don’t normally fight.
    • FE should try an item-fusing class for once, as some JRPGs and SRPGs have. Though they can sometimes be too powerful if you know the right mixes.
  • Slow and inaccurate, but I have faith Azama will improve.

Growths, including class:

• HP 75% / Str 70% / Mag 20% / Skl 50% / Spd 55% / Lck 45% / Def 50% / Res 25%
  • Archer would be -10% HP, -5% Str, -5% Res. And +5% Skl, +5% Spd.

Four coinflips, the most RNG-prone zone. And a reminder that Fates has rather high growths.

I decided to do Mozu’s Paralogue afterwards. I brought Azura, Orochi, Saizo, Felicia, Subaki, Azama, and Setsuna. Azura to refresh, Felicia and Saizo to bond and train, Orochi to bond with Corrin and train, and Azama to train. Subaki came to build friendship with Azama (even if he mains bows, Kinshi Knight exists, as dangerous as it would be being flier on ironman), and since Oboro hasn't showed up yet, I brought Setsuna in case I want to Sniper!Azama instead, I had the free slot anyhow.

Mozu... poor girl didn't get single a point of EXP. I hadn't the patience to set up kills with her this time. And even in a completely controlled situation, without an archer's yumi, Mozu has to try hitting a Faceless up close. She'll have to sit it out, barring extreme circumstances where I find myself desperately grinding.

Level-ups:

• Azama (he also got halfway to D Yumis):
    • HP/Str/Res.😑 Really? This is how you reward my hard-thought decision!?!
    • Str/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def. Better!
  • Azura: Skl/Spd, Skl/Spd/Res.
  • Corrin: Spd/Lck/Def. Two core stat procs would be a solid level's gain in many FEs that aren't Fates.
  • Felicia: Mag/Spd/Lck/Res.
  • Saizo: HP/Str/Mag/Skl/Lck/Def.
  • Orochi: HP/Mag/Skl/Spd/Def/Res. Spd! And that's three Def procs in four levels with a 25% growth. Is she telling me she wants to Nos?

I purchased a Brass Yumi for Azama afterwards (he was manning the weapon shop too, so I got a discount). The easily obtained Raider's Yumi from VP rewards has only 65 Hit, the Brass is a much better 80, 1 more Might too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

and now you wait? xD

It's going to get harder from here, I'm worried about most every Celica fight from here on out, Alm has some rough patches too and that's before we get into Act 4.

I don't know the Witch AI well enough to be anything but concerned about that either.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Tanegashima = a Japanese arquebus, aka a "matchlock". Matchlocks are the first guns/rifles, the ones that dominated warfare in the 1400-1600s, "matchlock" is because you used a lit fuse as the trigger mechanism. The flintlock/musket was the improved replacement gun of the 1700s and up to the mid-1800s. 

Getting back to Japan. In 1543, Portuguese sailors were forced in a storm to land on Tanegashima Island in Japan, whose feudal lord shared the island's name. The lord/daimyo Tanegashima acquired a couple arquebuses from the Portuguese, and decided to manufacture thousands of his own with a pinch of startup help from them. Thus, Japan entered the gunpowder age. With other Sengoku warlords realizing the power of the gun, and courting European trade to purchase more of the weapons.)

I remember those, though not that they were named for the clan that started them off in Japan.

For some reason one of them's a secret boss in Soul Edge/Blade for Mitsurugi.

DK2Frost.png

Looks like the wacky (and mostly Japan-only) Sengoku Basara franchise went for a gender-neutral spin on Kenshin. Not expressly female, but obviously influenced by the rumors.

Reminds me of Sheik in the clothing.

Though I have to wonder about the near neck brace of a scarf.

I popped the Heart Seal on Azama. He hadn’t learned Rally Luck yet having not earned a single level, but I might send him back to Great Master eventually for Renewal, and Sakura will be getting it anyhow.

I guess thankfully he only needs 3 levels for it, I don't think there's enough enemy magic to insist he needs Countermagic.

Edited by Punished Dayni

4 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I guess thankfully he only needs 3 levels for it, I don't think there's enough enemy magic to insist he needs Countermagic.

Honestly, I'd consider Countermagic limited in terms of its usage, and not just because magic is rare compared to physical weapons.

Now for chapter 8, again with no casualties. Will probably get Mozu soon.

Spoiler

AL9nZEVXdeaPz0JwMs4RnmItSJpwFQV2UKNDpMY3

I feel like this emphasizes how this bit only really works with Felicia (and thus a male TeeHee). Why does Jakob know this area so well? It makes perfect sense for the Ice Tribe Felicia, but Jakob, it just seems kinda random.

AL9nZEXYR4ovGZv6NVjgbS8wZnX7SuqEM6NsVV5R

Oh no, that sleepy, hazy feeling is the kind of thing that leads to deaths in an ironman. Sleepiness is the real character killer.

AL9nZEWzmLLkxS6kaci137hHGFY5CvuvP8TFFk9_

Uh oh...TeeHee you can't die here

TeeHee? TeeHee.

AL9nZEVSa1oWfBF2YM-eSZ6IZjZ0k8SPLRnzw4JE

AL9nZEX6XUSrTzjZm5a9R9qUlwlLXw5UGda8-b73

Of course we don't die in the cutscene.

AL9nZEUgR6C18Dx5LNstJggVi3uQOgZRl_BQsLle

That is also not a great mindset to be in to be ironmanning.

AL9nZEXON0gTEbO8iCyF-VaABWxBrAy9tXATC1io

Ah, some fresh hot tea, Kilma truely know the best way to wake people up.

AL9nZEXZllrPV7s0El_DZ5k4gRWWSdQUz3HdYPjn

Alas the thread shall be threatened even by our friends.

AL9nZEXnZ1ZUv8bmbmapA6FeaoErbZEysPNuac5t

Heh, if war is our language, than it is time for this map to be a dialogue.

AL9nZEWjkkZ5E1M8XXPmZHpOpExHEGNeWkaHwc7L

And lets start by threatening some children into staying home.

AL9nZEXfyCq7OCGObC_bRNHv-cNuth8M9BQPV4DI

If it isn't obvious already, we are heading over to claim the two western villages with our army.

AL9nZEVGkfijaEqa1tnVsr5vZSn0rq1MrCljd7aS

And Odin gives us a nice description of how AIs work.

AL9nZEVtlEmEURgcD8nQ8BbSmPlUXRuI6a_8WCPK

Pot calling the kettle black there Niles.

AL9nZEVkwbACRRRbwvZgSo_UyhrQEoHHY0xauoN7

Unfortunately I would rather move fast than arrange a good enemy phase for these 1-2 ranges at the moment

AL9nZEX7Sy6PUH2FOyc3hh-Elqc9_iQmAGyApUQ3

Beautiful.

AL9nZEWu-dbfaUtT04z8zu2Hpk7J-0t8lUq3_Ywz

Clearly we have this numbers to deal with this lot, but I do have to get into Flora's freeze range

AL9nZEXsgozbvy-tJjpzGfZfHJaUsMXGeU5RBorw

And I am going to anticipate that TeeHee will be the target, and make sure she is uppaired so she can escape its movement crippling effects. Also in a trend that will continue for this entire Anakos forsaken map, Niles missed a mid 80s hit to not get the kill on a mage, so Jakob does have to finish it off while grabbing Silas.

AL9nZEWvsYqscy2O__z_h58scVFTp8F169xorhSW

We have cleared things nicely

AL9nZEXYI3O-uKNbw5xPjPP34yIPGd0t7lZUATLJ

And my prediction was spot on, which lets me

AL9nZEXQXpv3sTRvEAPCi5x-79s1A7VsMtsxktzB

Pair TeeHee with Elise, and move her over to Flora, to then swap back over to the frozen TeeHee to get this heavy chip in

AL9nZEVK514ELagXP8Wh1tB0I91XpKLEELpffp8c

Oh you will be girl.

AL9nZEVpC_pV0KZI_XhReY6TBeL2sSilUv6HzXsS

I almost reversed these two attack, but I didn't want to think about her personal skill.

AL9nZEXI0RJ59PXeljVWpr7rsTi-HmuqJqDh0sBJ

I will note that TeeHee is covering the tile Niles could be hit in melee is this maneuver, and I should be able to

AL9nZEWWbbWg7HhodjSHdlkHjwHTH0tWxCZeLcjY

Effectively secure these two villages for our army.

AL9nZEXMdGcIeKfCgY8wdXFIIliRxlfZQ79YOfvoAL9nZEVL3AJRLfGIjKeKdYh3IF8aI_KfGznOzSfV

I love these little swap-transfer dances that can come about like this in Fates,like here where I shifted Odin around so much to give both Odin and Niles a kill (and get started in the classic Odin-Elise pairing).

AL9nZEUa224hNSjLv9dMXv1dMtMsHCCEOBkSqKZT

Please, this is Conquest, not Birthright.

AL9nZEWnCyqQpwMk5AX6emE1ey-o2LJRg32FhPqG

Now that I have visited all the villages I need, its time to draw in those mages

AL9nZEXpFM_gybXc-hwcjjWjHNLkfSRBr-72mjrm

...Uhhh, I may have bit off a bit more than I can chew with this one (and of course Niles missed once to not get the kill

AL9nZEW_FrFm-IoAYpdKqOeZpzUMJVee0bhVqKIg

Isolating all my healers on one side of this little conflict seems like a bit of a tactical blunder, but Odin is the one that needs them most at the moment.

AL9nZEW3Jg6Sinr5nkeQC8vUU6m3Omt6oWX_Rdn7

I do also use a Dragon Vein to salvage things a bit here, as it should keep one of the particularly dangerous axemen away from Odin, and let me have Niles finish off the mage he missed the kill on with another miss this turn.

AL9nZEWCS9OBImac4aweoaSzHiB7T_kRucKXxopp

Ah, the line about the Ice Tribe's ancestral Ice Dragon, that his daughter apparently knows nothing about in Revelation...

AL9nZEUyFOZ8YH3YKNH66Q4OA7K8MaG8Ju2f5XFb

...Sigh. Don't tempt me to make you physical now Odin.

AL9nZEU-hKua2dJbrNzm0nLSh7cbW51W6lZCQpks

I don't know why I got so paranoid here, as the only way going for the kill goes wrong here is if Odin misses a 99%, but this is technically safer. Although after that Lake Dragon Vein maneuver I got things rather under control, as it let Odin face as much as he could handle, and gave the other side time to heal from the convoy, so we are moving into mostly levelup territory.

AL9nZEWtxOQy64huriFAnIKYa5Oo2ZDMkJ0qaEuH

I guess we get a shining bow eventually.

AL9nZEUIP9UlK4sZsd4uylI4X5Pjtm5_aDJEAx24

What is with my magical units getting strength?

AL9nZEXv7drFJlE_TYr5PtAmchE_bzmn-Uutvy2l

I guess that is a bit better, but Magic would help.

AL9nZEVkjehIYaVItQlAIhEZabRV7129qY199WH6

That is fine

AL9nZEVEzd3V95HSVujv2LOVv8wwG5rQ3keAHwFB

...How have you missed strength again Effie?

AL9nZEWpd7vx9fTNC5WHyawJSZqHQWFB8HT-2PWO

Its funny how excited I am to see the skill gain on her. I just have such faith that she will crush her Magic and Speed caps...

AL9nZEV6JtPuTZ8qg0Qvqf1vpagekBQK3LaEP6PQ

That is a beautiful level for Odin.

AL9nZEXol5ORFuR5r2vr23x6FjrAR1DhyFTS3gkL

Fun fact, she got this nice little levelup here from getting attack stance exp.

AL9nZEWZ091KroWCy2DoCtsBIUI7z22HQIBO0_Y4

Another identical level, and a nice one at that.

AL9nZEWRu9iejsI9dsaPXHl08EqAQrhaf5Tt_HEK

The boss fight didn't quite go as expected, the plan was to chip with this on enemy phase (so the Nosferatu healing was wasted), but the first attempt I had a miss, so I needed to heal and try again, and on that second attempt, she triggered a Dragon Fang. While I wanted to feed the kill to someone that would level, its not the biggest deal in the world.

AL9nZEUA61ujzMtjyc_KVUT1HjSDbWSRgeUDm2w8

Yeah, the insistence on TeeHee's army never killing people does defy belief doesn't it.

AL9nZEU7gI6szL4SyUpbu8DOkAtDJVITV92GStx_

I respect this sense of reciprocity.

AL9nZEWpxIEkA7CuYUVW67a71rw-T61baLV591-q

Even our allies are shocked by our peaceful approach.

AL9nZEUdmgGTHw0PNkOsbvRnsgO14pAi7-R6gFO_

The whole point of the choice we make in Conquest is that Elise is family, regardless of blood; that nurture trumps nature.

AL9nZEVU6oZK6hWxLdGt7_3_J0GqzSAWCc0xx9nT

Why is this all so shocking? They knew the young optimistic TeeHee didn't they?

AL9nZEX5RR8aKmj5RiS-JvlHj572m-2qGAgqWG47

At least our enemies are coming around to our peaceful nonsense.

AL9nZEUInpJPQ2So9GT6yHx4j0fBdJ4d37kbcJ74

Awwwww...too bad I can't recruit you yet, and have to wait for some random building to be placed.

AL9nZEU6-RKBvqRIs6TDURZ5lDOrE3SNvYywGn4h

Nice.👍

17 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Is there like an inheritance planner for Awakening like there is for Fates. It's best that I decide on it now so I don't have to grind for it later.

I tried to search for something, but didn't find any.

Did you finish ch7 yet btw?

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

What is with my magical units getting strength?

Time for Wyvern Elise and Myrmodin

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its funny how excited I am to see the skill gain on her

Double skill lvl up on Elise O.o

On 10/18/2022 at 12:19 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

AL9nZEW0W8hHQA7olyLdUHVvVJ6wkzxFmcwLxAhB

I must admit, this little bond unit sitting in the logbook tempts me greatly...

I know what bond units are, though I never made one. IDK how.

Early Draconic Hex (on a Wyvern Rider no less) looks goooooood!😋 The great failing of Hoshido Noble is that Dragon Ward is dirt in vacuum, and Draconic Hex being its Nohrian equivalent makes it look like extra dirt, salted dirt dirt worth less than dirt.

On 10/18/2022 at 12:19 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

AL9nZEUA_yZf2SoZTuBwd7QYOmz64XCD_6rfRbOS

Just wanted to show how the numbers lined up here (note they have 25 health...)

I can't remember how my experiences on CQ Hard went with Chapter 7. All I can remember is that the one time I played CQ on Lunatic, Chapter 7 floored me. The Faceless were unfaceable, Lunatic had somehow already overwhelmed me. I did get past it, but I forget how.

Seeing you ORKOing here, if by a hair, is therefore a little bewildering to me.

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I feel like this emphasizes how this bit only really works with Felicia (and thus a male TeeHee). Why does Jakob know this area so well? It makes perfect sense for the Ice Tribe Felicia, but Jakob, it just seems kinda random.

-And yet, Female Corrin is the one always associated with Conquest b/c official artwork. Perhaps Jakob was invented after Felicia? She is Ice Tribe and sister to Flora, what greater world connection does he have? 

AL9nZEXYR4ovGZv6NVjgbS8wZnX7SuqEM6NsVV5R

Oh no, that sleepy, hazy feeling is the kind of thing that leads to deaths in an ironman. Sleepiness is the real character killer.

Fire Emblem is definitely not a franchise to ever play without full awareness.😆

I do like the visuals on the Ice Tribe Village map, it's a good icy appearance. Maybe the lake in the center is what makes it noteworthy?

Although, I'm a little befuddled by the Ice Tribe Village's location.:

fates-map-conquest-1024x683.jpg

Why is it so far south? I know, altitude, and it being near what kinda looks like a giant desert isn't incompatible either. And yet, I dunno, wouldn't it have made more sense north of Krakenburg? They could have claimed the northwesternmost edge of the map is the taiga wilderness the Ice Tribe has long lived along. -Although the world map looks clearer to see here flattened out than it does ingame.

I love these little swap-transfer dances that can come about like this in Fates,like here where I shifted Odin around so much to give both Odin and Niles a kill (and get started in the classic Odin-Elise pairing).

Since you're playing Conquest, these little tricks do matter all the more for you. Sounds fun, but I'm not entirely sure I'm envious given the increased challenge. I know well I've flubbed CQ Chapter 8 several times in the past. Wouldn't want to do it under these conditions.

54 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Double skill lvl up on Elise O.o

Elise is only 25% on her Skl growth. Yet surprisingly for a class that needs no Skl, Troubadour adds +20% to the growth, twice its magic and speed boosts. Looks like Elise has a -2 Skl base though, Troubadour's minimum is 7, she comes with 5.

@Eltosian Kadath

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Uh oh...TeeHee you can't die here

TeeHee? TeeHee.

AL9nZEVSa1oWfBF2YM-eSZ6IZjZ0k8SPLRnzw4JE

Silas Campbell

AL9nZEWjkkZ5E1M8XXPmZHpOpExHEGNeWkaHwc7L

And lets start by threatening some children into staying home.

Shame they don't give character specific dialogue here (Or even for sets of characters).

I can imagine Arthur saying it like he's in a PSA.

AL9nZEUdmgGTHw0PNkOsbvRnsgO14pAi7-R6gFO_

The whole point of the choice we make in Conquest is that Elise is family, regardless of blood; that nurture trumps nature.

Which makes Gunter the pertinent parent.

I guess he had some success.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why is it so far south? I know, altitude, and it being near what kinda looks like a giant desert isn't incompatible either. And yet, I dunno, wouldn't it have made more sense north of Krakenburg? They could have claimed the northwesternmost edge of the map is the taiga wilderness the Ice Tribe has long lived along. -Although the world map looks clearer to see here flattened out than it does ingame.

Considering how Rev talks about them going into hiding, this would also make more sense they'd go there. It being further away could be convenient, but honestly swapping there and Krakenburg could work.

Maybe they justified the decision with making the Woods of the Forlorn where it is, because you go there before getting warped to Rainbow Sage in BR and because of that I'm not sure how to reorder these maps at the moment. Hmmm......

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know what bond units are, though I never made one. IDK how.

By exchanging accessories with castles you visit. I made two, one with Reina and one with Midori's personals.

Edited by Punished Dayni

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AL9nZEVXdeaPz0JwMs4RnmItSJpwFQV2UKNDpMY3

Yeah, this bit only makes sense with Felicia, otherwise, it... just doesn't.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't remember how my experiences on CQ Hard went with Chapter 7. All I can remember is that the one time I played CQ on Lunatic, Chapter 7 floored me. The Faceless were unfaceable, Lunatic had somehow already overwhelmed me. I did get past it, but I forget how.

Seeing you ORKOing here, if by a hair, is therefore a little bewildering to me.

Did you try walling up at the bottom? Once the few faceless there are vaporized, you can let everything else come to you.

Edited by Shadow Mir

It's time, my friends, for Wyvern hell

PxS8C4g.png

lo4fFVe.png

My strategy going forward will be incredibly boring as I keep units close together in a desperate attempt to keep everyone alive. For Awakening's route maps, it works best.

sgZkHgD.png

Cordelia is interesting seeing as how she is connected to two units that you folks may not even get. Catria is still glaring weakness but for the time being, Cordelia, along with Tharja and Gaius, is at least 3 times less likely to be LK for most of the run.

k3t0UV7.png

Sumia, for once, is doing really well with her level ups. She'll be a glass canon for sure!

Qs96Qxm.png

Walter White Breaks Down | Know Your Meme

I...forgot about enemy reinforcements.

CqveAi2.png

And thus...the blood pact connecting, Sumia, Jakob, Jakob's twin brothers, Bokaj and Jobak, and Boey has ended with their deaths.

Celica, and the three corns wake up to see a companion dead without warning, and they fear they are not the only ones witnessing such loss.

vJdnrQo.png

Things got pretty stressful near the end, but thanks to an insane amount of luck with Sully crit attacking twice, we managed to pull through.

UaIYFnF.png

i6aMicu.png

x1kShzm.png

The first casualty has occurred. Let us hope more do not follow.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

20 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

CqveAi2.png

And so it begins.

Both I and Shrimpy picked Male Corrins, so this isn't an issue. Eltoshan on the other hand... thankfully he didn't use the Heart Seal yet if he had still intended to. Boey is better off being a househusband and leaving Celica, Mae, and Genny to the spells anyhow, so I wouldn't expect it to be a major loss for Dayni.

Same-turn/ambush reinforcements are the bane of some FEs. I'm not surprised this map had them, but being open terrain, I get why this death happened. The map didn't have forts or staircases to give some indication of where reinforcements might show up. A few other maps (the Mila Tree?) might have this issue.

Just being mindful of reinforcements from here-on out, m'kay?😃

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just being mindful of reinforcements from here-on out, m'kay?😃

I'll be researching the maps before actually playing them so I know when and where reinforcements happen as I don't trust my intuition alone. being that the recent FE games I've played had nothing of this nature, I completely forgot they existed.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since you're playing Conquest, these little tricks do matter all the more for you. Sounds fun, but I'm not entirely sure I'm envious given the increased challenge. I know well I've flubbed CQ Chapter 8 several times in the past. Wouldn't want to do it under these conditions.

Honestly, I do worry about how I will do on an ironman. I have never attempted it, and this game does get rather tough at points.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Legit, the place labeled Fancy Estate is where I remember the Ice Tribe village being...

59 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

sgZkHgD.png

Cordelia is interesting seeing as how she is connected to two units that you folks may not even get.

The most interesting link is if you are in Revelation and have a Caeldori whose mother is Selena, as they get a unique Mother-Daughter support about Caeldori's similarity to Cordelia, and it brings back Selena's old issues with her mom, and what makes Caeldori her own person...

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Qs96Qxm.png

Uh-oh...that is a bad sign.

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

CqveAi2.png

And thus...the blood pact connecting, Sumia, Jakob, Jakob's twin brothers, Bokaj and Jobak, and Boey has ended with their deaths.

Oof, Jakob is a harsh loss, but I should be able to deal with it. Perhaps I will actually buy that bond unit, I do have the money...

@Imperator Squilla do we have a rule on purchasing recruits from the logbook?

30 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And so it begins.

Both I and Shrimpy picked Male Corrins, so this isn't an issue. Eltoshan on the other hand... thankfully he didn't use the Heart Seal yet if he had still intended to

That is a bright side to this, although who I will use the seal on now I will have to think about.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Catria is still glaring weakness but for the time being

Honestly, so long as she levels Str I'd probably worry the least about her of the Part 3 recruits.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Well, on the one hand I wasted a Spd fountain trying to make him not suck and he had decent physical bulk and good enough Atk that he could have frontlined for the next few maps.

On the other hand he was levelling badly besides that so as you say, I could have lost worse.

The real consequence is that Dwyer and Cynthia have been snapped out of existence before they could be, which concerns Brady and Sophie. If I'm remembering correctly this doesn't mean they can't be used as they themselves haven't been killed, so at least Sophie's still an option for Fates players?

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The most interesting link is if you are in Revelation and have a Caeldori whose mother is Selena, as they get a unique Mother-Daughter support about Caeldori's similarity to Cordelia, and it brings back Selena's old issues with her mom, and what makes Caeldori her own person...

I was reminded of this

r/shitpostemblem - I'm pretty sure Fates takes place before Awakening, but shhhh...

Maybe it's the Cordelia fan in me talking but Caeldori certainly brings with her an interesting arc to the Cordelia lineage that I doesn't feel is present in Rhajat or Asugi.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oof, Jakob is a harsh loss, but I should be able to deal with it. Perhaps I will actually buy that bond unit, I do have the money...

Yeeeah, my bad. I know how useful Jakob can be early on.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

Honestly, so long as she levels Str I'd probably worry the least about her of the Part 3 recruits.

Oh yeah, Catria is really good, I was more referring to how Caeldori and Percy wont even be present for most of the campaign like Catria and Cordelia will. She's hard to kill but she isn't completely out of harms way like those two.

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

The real consequence is that Dwyer and Cynthia have been snapped out of existence before they could be, which concerns Brady and Sophie. If I'm remembering correctly this doesn't mean they can't be used as they themselves haven't been killed, so at least Sophie's still an option for Fates players?

Oh yeah, I didn't even think about how this would effect children.

tTQcvbo.jpg

Well, it was gonna happen eventually XD

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why is it so far south?

ngl

I never noticed it lol

Always headcanon'd it as a northern place, due to, well, Ice and all

7 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I...forgot about enemy reinforcements

Ambush spawns, FE's worst mechanic, so i don't blame ya.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I have never attempted it, and this game does get rather tough at points.

I tried it once looooong ago

Did a few mistakes

Each mistake cost me 3 Units at once XD

But you're better than me, especially past me XD

do we have a rule on purchasing recruits from the logbook?

As long as it isn't someone who died before (or their linked unit), you can do it!

2 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Yeah

Dwyer can still be used as long as he is gotten before the next chapter...which means only @Eltosian Kadath can get him if he support grinds Jakob before next chapter. Brady and Sophie are safe...for now.

49 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Maybe it's the Cordelia fan in me talking but Caeldori certainly brings with her an interesting arc to the Cordelia lineage that I doesn't feel is present in Rhajat or Asugi.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/31470317

I instantly remembered this one-shot XD

There's also some one shots about the other kids iirc

Edited by Imperator Squilla

Before doing Fuga's wild ride, imma do invasion one fast

Spoiler

vx2QDjl.png
Fh3DseO.png
IuWjJZE.png

ez.

Now, onto the main dish!

IjUm6KK.png

In CQ, one of my all time fav. maps! Here, it's ok, not bad, but can't be compared to CQ version. Ez modo in rev, so to say. Watch me lose someone

0RArUPO.png

Ya know, they should one day add a boss that uses the heart/master seals they drop. Just for funsies.

Anyway let's start!

Spoiler

QqKLhrc.png

I MAKE MY OWN FATE!
Corn starting the battle with a crit!

N3OIfHg.png

Def on -Def Corn nice

v3xi7C4.png

I use the wind to push the Corn forward

TFfELxE.png

Felicia is Micaiah confirmed

1JgUIN8.png

Hana with the 4% crit.

Speaking about her, she's a unit i like to use, but in an ironman....Girl is hella evasive, but frail and Fates uses 1RN below 50%, so.... She can die very easily.

hzcatJ2.png

Luigi with a typical lvlup

tJnIo9f.png

Status Turn 5

FvPLYr6.png

Corn get's the Chest on the left

OWQw8FY.png

Oho. Well, you have a place in my team until tha random 10% hits you and you die...Or your soulmate get's killed XD

7LAwoZS.png

Am thinking of giving her Paragon and turning her into a Pegasus, but gotta see how everything will evolve first, and i don't wanna to have less than 2 staffers atm

dPOkU8u.png

More Muscle than Ike

hSfV5uT.png

Hana again with the low% Crit!

...this scares me. I am gonna get 1%'d sometime ain't i.

X8C1qyh.png

>Magic

4VX5a6U.png

Luigi get's the physic

GKAPMNG.png

Coming from Mods!Subaki back to this....

VgjNrS6.png

Luigi gives us the 10k and we make way to finish the map

5Qtpn5G.png

What an ancient method. Anyway an semi-RNG fest starts because unlike CQ i don't have Heartseeker or anything similar to buff my hit rates. Even with Corn's Tactical Advice the only one that can hit something is Mozu, and well...

wetv8MJ.png

If he switches to the Katti with Weapon advantage (+1 atk) and Weapon Rank Bonus (+2 atk on B swords) he will straight up one shot her XD

Time to manipulate him to switch to the weapons i want so i can have advantage and the biggest hit possible

oIZMEBg.png

Lawl. Dragon Fang on a 0%

YDu1rfB.png

Don't miss you freaking Corn

Dteyf9B.png

Mozu finishes the job

and

kwxApaf.png

The almost perfect lvl up. That 18 HP at lvl 10 freaking scares me tho lmao

pcisaYT.png

Corn seizes and finishes. No casualities, even if Hana got hit by a couple low% and Mozu would've died by Fuga if i miscalculated.

Next up for me is Ice shoveling! But imma wait until the rest of the Fates team finish ch9 and Sing finishes 8 in Awakening. Just 2 more chapters and Dayni can continue!

Edited by Imperator Squilla

9 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Qs96Qxm.png

Oh snap

9 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

CqveAi2.png

And thus...the blood pact connecting, Sumia, Jakob, Jakob's twin brothers, Bokaj and Jobak, and Boey has ended with their deaths

Oof, this is gonna suck. This is fitting for this development:

On 10/18/2022 at 4:09 PM, Punished Dayni said:

I don't know the Witch AI well enough to be anything but concerned about that either.

I've been forgetting to comment on this.

From what I and some others have observed, the Witch AI seems to be more likely to target the loners and the fringes of the pack. By which I mean, if you send Alm five tiles away from everyone else, the Witches are more likely to target him. Or, if you formed your units into a 5-unit + shape, the unit in the middle would be a bit safer from the Witches' eyes than those surrounding them.

I wouldn't say this lets you make them predictable, the Witches are still random, but it ought to reduce the likelihood of catastrophic mistakes. Another would be simply choosing not to bring Lukas/Valbar/Forsythe/whoever to a Witch map in the first place if you don't need to and think they stand a real chance of being killed. Soooooo, send the Dracoshield over for Sonya and have Celica solo her?

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Dwyer can still be used as long as he is gotten before the next chapter...which means only @Eltosian Kadath can get him if he support grinds Jakob before next chapter.

Thankfully, Dwyer I don't consider a significant loss. His stats seem... Butlery. Str base equal to his Mag base, higher Str growth actually; and low Skl.

Late-recruiting him as I always did meant he got all his levels in Troubadour, which has no Str growth attached to it. It must've neutered any significant offensive potential. He wasn't it appeared to me to be anything except a healer and a chipper with balanced stats.

IIRC you get a stat booster for completing his map with all the green units alive (easy if you don't mind forsaking EXP), but I forget which it is.

26 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Fh3DseO.png

Reminder that Hana was nerfed on Rev by reducing her base Str and Skl by 2 despite joining at the same level. Programming error?

vx2QDjl.png

First invasion on Rev has those enemies? I didn't realize the enemies differ based on route. I'm getting Wyvern Riders, whose stats made me "nope!" out for the moment.

0RArUPO.png

Ya know, they should one day add a boss that uses the heart/master seals they drop. Just for funsies.

Since it'd waste their turn, it wouldn't be too cruel. No "Zap! Gains enough Atk/Spd to ORKO the unit you chipped them with on the player phase".

7LAwoZS.png

Am thinking of giving her Paragon and turning her into a Pegasus, but gotta see how everything will evolve first, and i don't wanna to have less than 2 staffers atm

Probably wouldn't be as funny as Wyvern Elise. But Bolt Naginata!Sky Knight would let her regain staffbot functions later if made a Falco, something forever lost to her Nohrian counterpart, and would actually let her use the Bolt Naginata without grinding for WEXP in the mid/late game. Bolt Naginata is 5 Hit more accurate than the Axe, Sakura has a 15% higher growth as well, so she ought to miss less. Str and Def differences are probably negated by Sakura with the higher growths being in the daintier class and Elise the tougher one.

5Qtpn5G.png

What an ancient method.

Not another one of those "might makes truth!" people. That's villain talk. I am disappointed in you, Mr. Rev Later Game Goodness.

kwxApaf.png

The almost perfect lvl up. That 18 HP at lvl 10 freaking scared me tho lmao

Mozu has gained 2 HP in 9 levels (her pre-class base appears to be -1). On a growth of 40% with Aptitude factored in... maybe 2 points behind. She is simply delicate.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

First invasion on Rev has those enemies? I didn't realize the enemies differ based on route

yeah they do. With Conquest's invasion (especially the later ones) being extra bitchy.

I honestly even stopped doing invasion 3 in conquest, and always try to cheese 2.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But Bolt Naginata!Sky Knight would let her regain staffbot functions later if made a Falco, something forever lost to her Nohrian counterpart, and would actually let her use the Bolt Naginata without grinding for WEXP in the mid/late game. Bolt Naginata is 5 Hit more accurate than the Axe, Sakura has a 15% higher growth as well, so she ought to miss less. Str and Def differences are probably negated by Sakura with the higher growths being in the daintier class and Elise the tougher one.

Yup that's the plan. Would've been cooler tho if i had Lancer tanlent Corn so i could let her gain Lancefaire through S support for extra oomph, since she can't get Spear Master otherwise.

Will see how it goes.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She is simply delicate.

With more STR than Rinkah

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Mozu has gained 2 HP in 9 levels (her pre-class base appears to be -1). On a growth of 40% with Aptitude factored in... maybe 2 points behind. She is simply delicate.

And Lissa is NOT delicate! Hmph!

...Sorry, couldn't resist.

35 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

yeah they do. With Conquest's invasion (especially the later ones) being extra bitchy.

I honestly even stopped doing invasion 3 in conquest, and always try to cheese 2.

Too many Lunge Paladin headaches?

45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

IIRC you get a stat booster for completing his map with all the green units alive (easy if you don't mind forsaking EXP), but I forget which it is.

It's a talisman.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Next up for me is Ice shoveling! But imma wait until the rest of the Fates team finish ch9 and Sing finishes 8 in Awakening. Just 2 more chapters and Dayni can continue!

I'm trying to calculate how to make it more even footed.

Spoiler

Celica A3 (Up to 13/14 in Fateswakening):

Garth and Mountain Graveyard (Might get into some issues facing more encunters here with picking up and reclassing Atlas)

Desert Stronghold and Sonya/Deen

Greith and Blake

Dragon Shrine and Mila Temple

Alm A3: (Up to 17/18 in Fateswakening)

Fight 1 and 2

Berkut and Desaix

North forest and Sylvan Shrine

Gazelle, Tatarrah and quest wrapup

A4: 17-23, 18-24?

The Mire Maps

Dolth and the Lost woods

Jamil and Jedah

The border and the Saizo clone

Climbing Fear Mountain (the ascent and shrine)

Nuibaba and Zeke's fate?

quests left and Duma Tower

Rigel Falls and Secret Shrine

Last Bastion and Rudolf's Last Stand

(See, here's were the numbers kinda don't add up for me. It's a minor issue. Might be we transfer 24/25 up to the end of A4. Sure, it does bring the temple all together but that takes a while anyways, not much fixing that.)

A5: (Aka 24, 25, Ed Awake, 25, 26, 27, 28 Fates)

The Berkut fight and warping like an idiot

Through the vault and to the end.

Finale (Matches with finales in both routes)

Do ye have to finish 10 in Fates/9 in Awakening first?

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From what I and some others have observed, the Witch AI seems to be more likely to target the loners and the fringes of the pack. By which I mean, if you send Alm five tiles away from everyone else, the Witches are more likely to target him. Or, if you formed your units into a 5-unit + shape, the unit in the middle would be a bit safer from the Witches' eyes than those surrounding them.

I wouldn't say this lets you make them predictable, the Witches are still random, but it ought to reduce the likelihood of catastrophic mistakes. Another would be simply choosing not to bring Lukas/Valbar/Forsythe/whoever to a Witch map in the first place if you don't need to and think they stand a real chance of being killed. Soooooo, send the Dracoshield over for Sonya and have Celica solo her?

There's that sure, maybe Mae with a ring could do some distracting?

If I wasn't planning on doing Celica's side first, passing the Dracoshield'd make sense to do:

Sonya (In distance): You won't go any further! I'm hired to keep you away and I'll do it!

Celica (To party): It wouldn't do to get frustrated by this sand. Let's take this road calmly.

Sonya: Your fashion sense is cat.

Celica: LET ME SOLO HER

*Pops on Dracoshield, Darude-Sandstorm plays

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

0RArUPO.png

Since when'd he have both?

21 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Do ye have to finish 10 in Fates/9 in Awakening first?

Yeah.

22 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Might be we transfer 24/25 up to the end of A4

Ch. 17 Awakening - Ch. 18 Fates - End of Act 3 SoV

Ch. 21 Awakening - Ch. 22 Fates - Half of Act 4 SoV

Ch. 24 Awakening - Ch. 25 Fates - End of Act 4 SoV

Endgame Awakening - Endgame Fates (27&28 together) - Endgame SoV/End of Act 5

That's the plan in the main post, no?

23 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Since when'd he have both?

....True lol

Might be the rebalance mod? Although it should only affect later joining units like Laslow/Odin/Nyx etc.