Teehee Madness 2 - Full 3DS Linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

Chapter 9 on Lunatic is surprisingly hairy by early Birthright standards. You start trapped in what in Conquest is the Hoshidan hostage room, and there are enough enemies surrounding the room -packing spells and steel enough to murder people- that if you try moving everyone out right away. I recall using Silas or Spear Fighter!Hinoka + Javelin or Guard Naginata and Rinkah as a DS backpack at the room’s entrance and slowly killing the enemies outside. You have to be cautious about putting anyone next to the room’s walls because there are plenty of Outlaws and Dark Mages ready to pounce.

On Hard however, things look quite tolerable. The enemies must be a little weaker, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the enemy quantity is lower too. I know lategame BR maps do have extra enemies on Lunatic, enough to make them much more dangerous.

I brought everyone obtained up to this point except Mozu, Hayato, and Hana. Kaze got paired to Corrin and… instead of holding at the entrance chokepoint for a turn, I carefully but kinda without thinking it all the way through charged on out.😅 Silas took a thunder hit but, but that was the extent of the damages, minimal.

Azama got Setsuna (later swapped to Subaki, neither ranked up with him at the end) paired to him and killed one Outlaw and one Dark Mage over the walls on the first enemy phase. With a Str Tonic and the Brass Yumi, Azama was able to achieve the bare minimum for OHKOing the Outlaws while taking 1 point from them. I had expected to kill three, but two ran towards the chests instead😐, I didn’t realize having Lockpick meant their AI was set to that. I also gave Azama a Skl Tonic, I don’t intend for my treasury to die Death By A Thousand Tonics, but popping a select few each fight ain’t going to destroy the budget. He has Potent Potion too b/c Apothecary, giving him an extra temporary stat point from them, it's economical.

Silas, Orochi, Saizo and Felicia went left and dispatched the enemies there. Corrin alone to the right and ORKO'ed three Cavs using the Yato (he was just able to double with Kaze supporting him), Hinoka took on the cav and mage approaching from the southeast (Azama and Subaki joined her a turn later) and Sakura and Azura stayed between Corrin and Hinoka. I forgot where Oboro and Hinata enter from 😅, so I had to have Corrin pull back to converse just in case reinforcement arrived that could kill them. My general detailed thoughts on Oboro and Hinata:

Spoiler

Oboro = steady infantry.

• 30% HP & Res, 20% Mag, 40% everywhere else. Smooth stat spread on spear soldier is splendid.
  • Spear Fighter is a good class, balanced, yet the awesome Guard Naginata’s +5 Def & Res allows it tank decently.
  • Spear Fighter retains enough Spd, if less than many Hoshidan classes, to be alright with doubling and thus its offense.
  • Spear Fighter's lineage has a nice array of skills. Swap is situational yet not useless. Seal Defense is strong, Seal Speed is good too, Rend Heaven is cool. Spearfaire is +5 damage with the weapon the unit has obviously trained in. Quixotic is fine b/c this class line primarily tanks not dodgetanks so the drawback isn't a big deal. I'm not sure there is a class line with a higher quality complete set of skills. 
  • As the only natural non-child Spear Fighter, Oboro is good.
  • Nohr Enmity has limited usefulness on Revelation, since it stops working halfway in. But on Birthright it's +3 damage for basically the entire game on the vast majority of enemies. Hatred of other nationalities rocks!😝 
  • Being a link in the chain mail of Benny, Kellam, and Valbar is alright I think. Please don’t die to magic, Valbar.

Hinata = best bishounen babyface backpack buddy.

• 235 growth total, why?
  • 55/45/45 HP/Lck/Def is nice durability, 35% Str is usable. But 25% Skl, 15% Spd? Hinata is reminiscent of Subaki, luckier, less accurate, and no Mag growth at all, but still hopelessly bad.
  • Hinata's single-hit damage output is lacking and he’ll struggle before too long to double without assistance even in a speedy class by default.
    • Hana might be liable to OHKO deaths, but she can kill if trained, and Ryoma crushes Hinata in basically every way.
  • Hinata has the rarity of Oni Savage, except, yet again, without Wary Fighter being available to Hoshido, he can be doubled and any mage who can will roast him alive.
    • -Assuming you don't give Hinata a Spd pair-up. Except, if you do that instead of doubling-up on Def, you're undermining Hinata's supposed promise of being uniquely durable. Since then there is no reason you couldn't give a speedy character a Def partner.
  • Once more, like Subaki, Hinata persists on being a Defensive Stance partner.
    • Samurai/Swordmaster will grant good Skl & Spd, Oni Savage/Chieftain gives plenty of Str & Def (and he gives another +2 Def at an A support rank), Master of Arms gives a little in all four of these.
    • Hinata joins at level 10, so you needn’t train him at all before promoting if you really don’t want to, to no loss in his DS capabilities.
    • A flexible dedicated supporter, but nothing more.
  • Odin, Owain, Jesse makes him low-risk, as well as low reward unit here (Odin can be a solid Nostank if things go well though, he of is highest concern).

Though dividing my manpower meant there wasn't much room for RNG error (not like I would've put anyone into a situation where they could have died), the four left-side characters took out the few enemies over there, and killed the Outlaw I forgot about and reached the immobile Knights roadblock before others could from the right. With the E-ranked Disrobing Gale, Orochi could reach the exact threshold for doubling the Knights, which says how slow she is, and killed one with OS and then for her own protection from the Outlaw got DS'ed to avoid eating a Knight hit.

This group managed to reach the first Outlaw the turn after it began heading for the retreat staircase, given two more enemy phases it would have fled, Silas could and did OHKO it with his Steel Sword (he, Corrin, and Ryoma shall be the extent of my swordsmen). The two Outlaws are staggered by one turn, so Silas was able to repeat the OHKO on the other Outlaw after being hitching a ride with Hinoka. Money and a Speedwing were the stolen-reclaimed spoils, the 'wing is great, because Orochi was 1 point short of being doubled by the Outlaws, she is going to enter getting-ORKO'ed territory very soon.😐

When the reinforcements arrived, four turns alternating between two Cavs in the east stairs and two Dark Mages from the west stairs, it wasn't a big deal Corrin and Azama blockaded the right to keep Azura and Sakura safe. Oboro paired to Hinata took three of the Cavs and Azama ate all the Dark Mages (he did luck out with one of those random stat bonuses before the fight, it put +4 Def & Res on him, though he should've been fine regardless with Subaki paired to him). The rest of my killed the few enemies in the throne room and got to work on the boss, Zola. Mjolnir is 25 Crit and 4x Crit damage, yet being stuck on a throne negated those advantages, Felicia took scratch and then nothing after she debuffed him. While Saizo safely dealt OS strikes each time Felicia (very weakly) and Zola attacked each other, and Hinoka with a Guard Naginata was next to immune to magic and damaged him too.

Birthright continues to be breezy.

Level ups:

Spoiler

Sakura:

• Mag/Skl/Spd/Def
  • HP/Mag

Azama (Got D Yumis on his last shot.):

• HP/Spd. NO! GET MORE!
  • HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Def. STAY THIS WAY!

Corrin: Str/Res. Weakest level for Corrin by far so far.

Azura (She is always so boring to record.):

• Spd
  • Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Res.

Silas:

• HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Lck/Def/Res. Everything but Mag, promising.
  • HP/Str/Skl.

Orochi: Mag/Skl/Def/Res. -Her fourth Def proc, did I somehow invert her growth from 25% to 75% by mistake?

Felicia (Reached B Saizo too.):

• Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck
  • HP/Mag/Spd/Lck. -Doing much better than I would have imagined. She must be blessed.

Hinoka: HP/Str/Skl/Spd. Good first level.

Saizo:

• Skl/Spd/Def/Res
  • HP/Str/Skl/Spd/Def. -No slouch in the leveling, though no Mag either, might want to leave him as a Master Ninja. Shame there isn't Scroll + Shuriken class. He would love it.

Next fight is ninjas, doing a preliminary glimpse of the map, I've calculated what looks like an easy way out that I've never had before.😁

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
Spoiler

Hinata = best bishounen babyface backpack buddy.

• 235 growth total, why?
  • 55/45/45 HP/Lck/Def is nice durability, 35% Str is usable. But 25% Skl, 15% Spd? Hinata is reminiscent of Subaki, luckier, less accurate, and no Mag growth at all, but still hopelessly bad.
  • Hinata's single-hit damage output is lacking and he’ll struggle before too long to double without assistance even in a speedy class by default.
    • Hana might be liable to OHKO deaths, but she can kill if trained, and Ryoma crushes Hinata in basically every way.
  • Hinata has the rarity of Oni Savage, except, yet again, without Wary Fighter being available to Hoshido, he can be doubled and any mage who can will roast him alive.
    • -Assuming you don't give Hinata a Spd pair-up. Except, if you do that instead of doubling-up on Def, you're undermining Hinata's supposed promise of being uniquely durable. Since then there is no reason you couldn't give a speedy character a Def partner.
  • Once more, like Subaki, Hinata persists on being a Defensive Stance partner.
    • Samurai/Swordmaster will grant good Skl & Spd, Oni Savage/Chieftain gives plenty of Str & Def (and he gives another +2 Def at an A support rank), Master of Arms gives a little in all four of these.
    • Hinata joins at level 10, so you needn’t train him at all before promoting if you really don’t want to, to no loss in his DS capabilities.
    • A flexible dedicated supporter, but nothing more.
  • Odin, Owain, Jesse makes him low-risk, as well as low reward unit here (Odin can be a solid Nostank if things go well though, he of is highest concern).

LOOK AT THAT! IT'S LIKE A BISON'S PENIS! WHAT IS THAT S***?!

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Spear Fighter's lineage has a nice array of skills. Swap is situational yet not useless. Seal Defense is strong, Seal Speed is good too, Rend Heaven is cool. Spearfaire is +5 damage with the weapon the unit has obviously trained in. Quixotic is fine b/c this class line primarily tanks not dodgetanks so the drawback isn't a big deal. I'm not sure there is a class line with a higher quality complete set of skills. 

Personally, I'd disagree on Basara's skills. Quixotic is something that only exacerbates Hoshidans' already severe durability issues. Rend Heaven is too matchup dependent for my tastes.

10 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/31470317

I instantly remembered this one-shot XD

There's also some one shots about the other kids iirc

I may have actually read that before.

I'll check it out later when I'm not as tired.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Being a link in the chain mail of Benny, Kellam, and Valbar is alright I think. Please don’t die to magic, Valbar.

I suspect Valbar won't be on the Sonya map.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Odin, Owain, Jesse makes him low-risk, as well as low reward unit here (Odin can be a solid Nostank if things go well though, he of is highest concern).

I worry about Jesse.

He's the lucky myrm and for me never does well in the other stats. All the others have something else, y'know?

58 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Who are Sonya and Deen tied to anyway? Also, I'm not sure I'd be chomping at the bit to try to fight Sonya's group on an ironman run. That could go really, REALLY badly. . .

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Who are Sonya and Deen tied to anyway? Also, I'm not sure I'd be chomping at the bit to try to fight Sonya's group on an ironman run. That could go really, REALLY badly. . .

They're in the free unit pile.

The reason I want to fight Sonya is that I'd rather Deen's bases in this context. If I change my mind by Desert Stronghold I will.

23 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

They're in the free unit pile.

The reason I want to fight Sonya is that I'd rather Deen's bases in this context. If I change my mind by Desert Stronghold I will.

Oh.

Well, best of luck with that, mate. You. Are Gonna. Need It. In my humble opinion, Deen isn't THAT much better than Sonya anyway, and definitely not by enough that it makes up for having to face a bunch of mages in a game where pretty much everyone has shit for resistance.

...Also, who was playing Conquest? Because they're now gonna have to do without Jakob.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

And to TBF, it's not like Kellam or Benny are entirely safe either. Kellam at the very least can be a Def boost for someone else, and if he's untrained and his lead goes, he shall follow. Benny is a little subpar- he needs either babying or to shave off five levels of growth for instant General status to quicken his acquisition of Wary Fighter. Once WF is his, then he's most damn durable unit in Fates, but he is a little rocky before that.

My choice to have fun with Azama is a bigger specter than what happens to Oboro. Linked with three fliers, what can possibly go wrong?🏹

I have to forget the specter and carpe diem with this, for c'est la vie.🤪 Embrace a unit who could very well be benched tomorrow and forget about how others play (and let them forget about me). Doing the math, I'm pretty sure I can make Corrin tank everything no sweat if it comes to it. This ain't Conquest.😝

1 hour ago, Punished Dayni said:

I worry about Jesse.

He's the lucky myrm and for me never does well in the other stats. All the others have something else, y'know?

With the way SoV promotion bonuses work, if you get him to Dread Fighter won't he be safe? Isn't DF's durability sufficient that he couldn't suffer an "unpredictable" demise? It's prior to that that I'd see as the danger time for him.

20 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

As long as it isn't someone who died before (or their linked unit), you can do it!

Time for the rise of Rusty, who was a bond unit that I believe was the result of some visiting I did to one of @Alastor15243's castle back he was on Fates in his big playthrough, and ranking of the entire series.

20 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Dwyer can still be used as long as he is gotten before the next chapter...which means only @Eltosian Kadath can get him if he support grinds Jakob before next chapter. Brady and Sophie are safe...for now.

It wouldn't even take much grinding as they are at A rank already, I just don't think I want to use him, so the real question is do I want to squander TeeHee's S rank slot for a Friendship seal. I just don't use seals enough to see that as a good idea.

Plus child paralogues would be hard to face this early, they don't start scaling properly until after chapter 11 and the challenge of those maps is set as such, and I know Dwyer's has some promoted units (which don't start scaling towards the chapter 16 territory...)

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

...Also, who was playing Conquest? Because they're now gonna have to do without Jakob.

That would be me, and while it is a hard loss, I am also used to going without Camilla and Xander on Lunatic runs, and have no restriction on there use this time...

UPDATE:

No official update yet, but I have cleared all enemies on chapter 9 (and Mozu's paralogue) with no casualties, and capturing Haitaka.

I am just indecisive about whether I should cheese some experience here at the end by using the Dragon vein to give Elise a lot of healing exp (and give Azura some needed dancing exp...). I think I will have to sleep on that decision, as it feels wrong, but I might end up needing the edge.

Edited by Eltosian Kadath

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

With the way SoV promotion bonuses work, if you get him to Dread Fighter won't he be safe? Isn't DF's durability sufficient that he couldn't suffer an "unpredictable" demise? It's prior to that that I'd see as the danger time for him.

Eh, there's no guarantee he gets there and even with the magic bulk maps like Jamil's are of utmost concern for everyone's durability, even DFs.

That's getting ahead of myself, we'll see if anything even exists by the time I get there.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And to TBF, it's not like Kellam or Benny are entirely safe either. Kellam at the very least can be a Def boost for someone else, and if he's untrained and his lead goes, he shall follow. Benny is a little subpar- he needs either babying or to shave off five levels of growth for instant General status to quicken his acquisition of Wary Fighter. Once WF is his, then he's most damn durable unit in Fates, but he is a little rocky before that.

My choice to have fun with Azama is a bigger specter than what happens to Oboro. Linked with three fliers, what can possibly go wrong?🏹

Clair levels Str and thus is really useful?

But yeah, I get the concern with 5 range archery in this game. But the others are pretty bulky fliers, if I'd be concerned if Beruka ends up with lower Spd.

3 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Eh, there's no guarantee he gets there and even with the magic bulk maps like Jamil's are of utmost concern for everyone's durability, even DFs.

Spirits of the Earth, heed my call!

...That's gonna make me anxious.

Alright, Chapter 9, and Mozu's paralogue officially cleared.

Lets start with how Mozu's went

Spoiler

AL9nZEX2qP9uWpoHQ2dveelShjS8bJj97hlEXbJr

And I figured Mozu's paralogue is a great chance to get trusty Rusty up to scratch. Early Draconinc Hex, and a second Lily's Poise will be rather useful, as long as I can get him into shape as a usable unit.

AL9nZEVO6LL9YRu0OOQkzY0-l6gN-9nw4gKLqego

🎶Reach for my hand...

AL9nZEWfTV78C3vHK5gQbb5EB0sUqn2gDl-ursuS

Well too late for you at least...

AL9nZEUk4ef4W8QpgPMjNs4GYJ_2JAyBNu9uMFdu

Why all the melodrama, its just Jakob that died...

AL9nZEViLZ7NkTOyyR18NKumBTYsbha9kA-SvvW9

Silas does end up leveling up early on

AL9nZEWiuModlDdY7hDfkvcp8g2zvmmaj2RLf9Jy

As he is the one carrying TeeHee south to Mozu. As you can see I have split the army in half, with half of them ready to feed kills to Rusty, the other half to feed kills to Mozu. Although other than the boss, there isn't much interesting to show for this chapter other than the levelups, so expect quite a few of those incoming

AL9nZEUaB8ccKf_Xy5Qx2e5wEXiM5WwlJUD5Nc_d

Not a bad start Rusty!

AL9nZEXQRkG5hPl81fGup_PGtLMp2lc5xZxk6a3h

...Shrug, I am allowed a limited amount of DLC stuff, and Dread Fighter Mozu is a classic, even if I haven't actually used that version of her before.

AL9nZEVHQE9vP2_FfZiT-kQlOWUxmkoegkK3ZULr

I even setup a kill for the dread Mozu on her first enemy phase as a blue unit.

AL9nZEUl_LZ5iWe0jF4DDheGnv1Y2feisSk9mVPr

Beautiful work Rusty.

AL9nZEX906E2S0Yf6SivO_iNbG8P5E9OgTemMmkm

I wont complain too much, but Rusty is showing you up a little with his levelups

AL9nZEU-hOP8i6r7a5OoQmAVnTX-oLTR2E6NwGMy

Why tempt me so Odin...

AL9nZEX1j_Wl40N8XS7Qg7z2o3QQfdkIIo0msmQs

Now that is a bit better.

AL9nZEUVHWAQCW4lO9GKKzOyLv4dqTvmodwfKnkU

...meh.

AL9nZEUVNCcWCpIcKWKHL7S2A8Fe_zVZOcHxdrnN

Time for Rusty to show off the power of that early Draconic hex

AL9nZEXnwkeRxlR7Sq7RW8iXCpBdPLON7vzQpf7g

I mean just look at the difference...

AL9nZEUSbbRXZBzQZzXPyhHOmNo7Khkt5iOMAY5-

Great work Mozu, although your 1 Luck is a bit obnoxious, as without the bronze/pairup bonus to crit avoid, even the faceless here have a 1% crit against her...

AL9nZEWA7AbYnuz1V0wu0K3576Vb4x2-K0EWQQoP

She has been on a bit of a Skill streak with her levelups

AL9nZEWB_Qi4I5y83zIqXX37m3hhhIz8o7VssGB1

And this is a nice addition, after losing Jakob's opposite gendered equivalent.

AL9nZEWfYkdAC5APnjhM2j_CZBoTnB-s-JBpkESi

Time to show off the subtle power of debuffs again

AL9nZEW9DFVTX-BenGZJXeuZ_iUT3o2O7YldMNWs

As waiting a turn lets me give some of this experience to both the characters I am working on power leveling

AL9nZEV-EWl7dwo0JJLDv3wuyY8nTLbRgYmHaOaP

It would have been more dramatic if both of them leveled on the boss kill, but alas Rusty only got to 97 exp. At least the Mozu levelup is fairly solid.

AL9nZEV092ydpbR8ujv8vgXATh4_79p2vfQiA-U8

How young is Mozu that her mother is her entire life?And why does Fates then force me to consider the icky implications of her having a child...

AL9nZEXPonftCIhy65-416Hva9Ih8Imbg7RJc-D7

She really doesn't quite replace the loss of Jakob, but she can use dagger/shuriken at least.

AL9nZEWhBAS_cM3AsuQJGN0qzj7NdnJ9OKSprLpO

And Conquest keeps hammering on with the found family themes.

And now for Chapter 9

Spoiler

AL9nZEUAPbukknDMwwnsPaJcY4zn_PKCfCuZxmuo

Garon is so happy about our success...such a proud father 😛

AL9nZEWWjxNkwm5vq3hHFpRFsM9FIU6pXe_y9TZ8

Given how Garon acts about rebellions latter in the game, I am surprised he isn't reprimanding her for that accomplishment.

AL9nZEV8vMMJjZx748g4_oYpwnciQG8pwuV5qLW4

Jeez Iago, why are you insistent on the death of the thread.

AL9nZEVHsvJn2cEDQmQ_kBV_8qswd7Tg8338fuAR

I am glad for your willful act Elise, it helped a lot.

AL9nZEUBGsF9eer8eNX4GZWAzTBv96zwIFOARrQM

Don't you dare...If she ends up dying from the linked system I am going to be so bitter...although Rusty having Lily's Poise would soften the blow somewhat

AL9nZEWS68Wm-hzS5d_5AS6XnLhNDsomWHU9XKC9

Although that is a loss I would take any day of the week.

AL9nZEWr_EFYM6tgXGH6oY2JFWpnLkwl-zwGkOsg

Even Garon has embraced this found family themes of Conquest.

AL9nZEWhmDfcWKEvUVhy8OY4cetq3eCaa2pgVa8t

Even Garon is recognizing my skills on the last couple of maps

AL9nZEX6ObXPBztiFwgg0fbcra9LwTUdaEmodUw-

Bah, no worried, you will join me well before my task is done.

AL9nZEVo5Ob4B3D8NIASSXI0InnM3xM-VkWTQaFM

What a ludicrous thing to say Leo, like all of her skills are about keeping people alive.

AL9nZEUm565602V5qLfdUWd-dPNStqAwHhlzDqW-

Interesting how TeeHee jumps to sleeping instead of fallen dragon. Although I guess that is more a hint for the Hoshidan version of this map.

AL9nZEWKppY0XVl-P0PU8m-4gvO_5pvNwEPeegJC

Kaga is Hoshidan confirmed.

AL9nZEULNb4XkFRW3IoG3m0376zocvXi5xWABOOv

Interesting that she specifies dark dragon...

AL9nZEXEAU0zMmUncl8mkrawkH95OtZHQDyafgLa

I could have been more aggressive with this enemy phase opening (as he can Nos-tank quite a few of these guys) But I should be able to manage with attack stance chaining.

AL9nZEXTti3f7CHwSRXMVDNP-1El_9gFBQqHeobQ

And I can even feed a few kills to my low level units like Rusty

AL9nZEUOx4QDzqhk8QMOyYmtyO3s3xE_zJtHi3nX

See, we wiped the lot of them just fine.

AL9nZEX9TRqwIJExJl-c_8zI8v4A7dC_aKnzxwB0

I feel a little silly about it now, but I didn't even notice that Rusty's copy of Lily's Poise actually pushed her into the 0 damage range.

AL9nZEWLLCUCLyQXXK68smYptIIE8_bAqkPY6W1X

I do also make sure to manually equip Azura here, as you actually have to do that with weapons you get from chests...

AL9nZEXbBiiRibzPaRu5sCqLbstLuQgJUTQq80n5

Keep getting good levelups girl

AL9nZEVi35uwkc3sdxDEebX_WbN8nFIRZTwd5dS5

I relate to this far more than I probably should...

AL9nZEUYfPP_uXUfcKR-b9uS4CmXSKHH5TVVbeqf

Of course TeeHee immediately gravitates towards the family side of things, and how WE can be her new family.

AL9nZEWFLAXlD2UWVhS7VmL-HQHG5YPTEgJqtktb

I get the funny feeling Elise will be the first to promote, now that she is my sole healer of the run (for now at least...)

AL9nZEU6rtwSbNMc26Uh61KzM2jwug1_HPPYy0Zi

I do regret not getting Silas to level 10 before now, as I feel far more comfortable killing one Archer player phase, and sheltering them to safety afterwards, but I think the enemy phase alternative I setup should be safe (at least in the easier Hard version of this map)

AL9nZEXURUnddKfkLacDS4WWXOhjEUqcukXC1taJ

She does levelup while we are dealing with these archers.

AL9nZEU84zSlJJRJ3A6cOhxxrod6zLjHqfnHA8g1

With the +7 defense he is getting from allied skills this is safe even if he misses all of his Nos hits, but I do get a little thrown off by the enemy being far less aggressive than I was expecting, as they have the paired lancers setup a pointless attack stance with the debuffing lancer, instead of attacking with the archer instead (or having the swordsman that double Odin attack him instead of the Lancer)

AL9nZEX96e1LLXFe5IE2Dqx9JSFxPOGtcxKQfmnP

I do end up getting Silas a great little levelup

AL9nZEUVL9MVhXzEZ4ubMMqakIFPm4zHy6l3Bf9e

And finally shelter. That would have been nice to have DURING this turn, but

AL9nZEW3nHBMIbMkngRnVKDcRA2Vykk3F4hFDWSn

I do manage to create a battle line that can survive the archer after killing all the Lancers. I was a little worried that this might be close enough to trigger the reinforcements, but fortunately I was worrying for nothing.

AL9nZEVFeIrjmIzxCb3pt97hVcHisnJXALB1bagS

Defensive levelups like this are rather nice on Odin.

AL9nZEWATEwDtWkg4HwgXrs3YuKRl7cDuOoJqOoW

And an excellent little offensive level from Niles as well.

AL9nZEU_o4dXByC7ebj9abb7ew12FVs6Wq4PtsY9

And Effie finally gets some Strength. Also that gets the rest of my main stay troopers to their level 10 skill.

AL9nZEWpLjpYh7OSHmMf6bwcWaABw1Cf8uqGW4Rr

Although my lack of memory about the exact reinforcement trigger gets me to hold back here, instead of killing that last lancer with Mozu and Silas.

AL9nZEUolP3bFbk143WkxUMhTO8NyEpOdCVvYla_

Rusty did need the speed, and defense is excellent.

AL9nZEUxal9dPF9CWM_G1rb0p8HKBRrd12xhqw8_

When I finally do trigger the reinforcements, I immediately jump the archers, and let Effie get some nice enemy phase action to help with the lancers

AL9nZEV_9Wu4c_00CBPvD34GNbJvksR4HXFKO_SI

You know, there has simply never been a good time to use this DV for this map, as I have always had allies in its pain bubble

AL9nZEWiYOoPQQKQtUsj8cyKl5gY4vLb2PWNm-by

A better levelup on the hired hero Rusty!

AL9nZEXTOpHnhamgqUbs0JF8cMnkuGiBfUBsLeH0

About what you would expect from an Elise levelup really.

AL9nZEW2JwrNHOlv0bSMnN93snSHL01S0J_1JvLy

And Mozu continues to grow well.

AL9nZEWW5IShV9LiFl7tx-oEdUqQ9PLEKlykBPza

Now to prepare for Haitaka's capture with a Dragon Hex debuff

AL9nZEXVKlv7oroDtdWt6GkrvflwCB9qkjqmsnns

And a Freeze staff for less avoid, and debuff that avoid even more with Odin's Heartseeker

AL9nZEUzCQuEOVTykofk84sCzjlnUWxiw0-1vY2C

Although I did mess my planning up just a little here, as he doesn't need all the strength from Effie, and could have used the TeeHee pairup for the +10 accuracy from her personal instead for 3-4 chance at 95 (instead of 85)

AL9nZEVl__4fgBIZfzKLEjWmg46RSn_3xznBSAKj

But we capture him just fine

...and while healing up for more Elise Exp before we seize

AL9nZEXWGoI-VHn2sfLNXuc7NfDkgVOC_HUZjYKn

And leveling Azura up while I am at I realize something

AL9nZEVxa_aJfoxf7vX9BUwoOTDvxSLwNyT85B0o

I can use the DV to get EVEN MORE healing exp from this map.

AL9nZEX_JksjNMCDW_Smrlvj63KCgDa2wQo7SPXk

Another skill levelup on her.

AL9nZEV4VG33llo8tR4GvpfAgtpvA8lxRVmxCqR1

Azura really has had garbage levelups...although its not like her stats actually matter.

AL9nZEVL8tWIJ5H_hcgxLbRoywk5ONBaFcB2YUOs

Heh, strength again. Otherwise a very normal Elise levelup

AL9nZEX2ymUKXHSqk4KHiawWrm0Ne1PAWZJedJQtAL9nZEV9vwLr1tqNmzc2oX4J8uFP6Gd0UOYrSwdM

...sigh at least she finally got above her base HP.

AL9nZEVorSkRU351vcj7FhiFAwR7oWAj_ijEfI7D

Yeah, I took my time on this map.

AL9nZEVentsbaSS_Lby2bzPhZXxWNn3ejPUbknIw

...Opps, sorry for screwing up your life Azura.

AL9nZEVA6d1XJDgLMKV6ItPNc1OW_nw5C-YtZ0wa

Given what a combat monster Ryoma is, he must not have tried very hard to protect you...

AL9nZEWBYe83hrrVFBFex3d4JyXKMxv8VqM2XDIw

I do appreciate TeeHee's sense of personal responsibility.

AL9nZEV8FHUkZUbEJ3MBkdZO5cZE4YFA94Ke_KqD

With the help of CAPTAIN PLANET

AL9nZEWZfVrTIB7g6dNs7PWS6QRJp6nrOXH8R1Ij

Careful there Elise, the Hoshidans have an awkward habit of marrying their non-blood relatives, so Azura might get the wrong idea...

AL9nZEUv-9UNTpnkOzWCUSY0dsHGx1rX5_6M85hh

And now Elise is Tee Hee-ing all on her own, without my sneaky name meddling

AL9nZEWaVd6bj_uPaDUsZ3dBmTo49JN8pGy4bHDs

It is almost like this game is rather focused on the idea that family is about more than blood.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

..Shrug, I am allowed a limited amount of DLC stuff, and Dread Fighter Mozu is a classic, even if I haven't actually used that version of her before.

TBF, the two Dread Scrolls from path bonuses isn't something you're paying extra specifically for. Purchasing multiple versions of Fate was expectable for a player, so using the Scrolls they give you for it is fine. It's not like you went out of your way and bought & used the weapon or fixed-maps-with-nice-rewards DLCs.

Jeez Iago, why are you insistent on the death of the thread.

He is named for two Shakespearean villains. One a murderer (still one but not so diabolically so IRL), one a schemer, both of notoriety.

Don't you dare...If she ends up dying from the linked system I am going to be so bitter...although Rusty having Lily's Poise would soften the blow somewhat

I mean she'll be dead on my route no matter what I do.

Since Elise is linked to a bunch of other units intended to be healers, in one way, it's safe. Nobody intentionally tries putting them in harm's way, unlike combat units. -If it is not possible to establish a safe zone on a map, or reinforcements destroy one that did exist, then the chances of a healer's demise go dangerously up. Or, there is the old simple player's misplacement, which can happen to any unit at any time. (And let's not stop Shrimpy from trying Skyura if he wants that, I doubt she'll get killed even then. My hubris shall stab me.)

I get the funny feeling Elise will be the first to promote, now that she is my sole healer of the run (for now at least...)

Not the first game that's happened I'd say. Shadow Dragon's generous early staff EXP formula means it's fairly easy for Lena to establish a claim on the first Master Seal.

AL9nZEU_o4dXByC7ebj9abb7ew12FVs6Wq4PtsY9

And Effie finally gets some Strength.

Four levels and only one Str proc for Knight!Effie? The armored lady has an 80% growth (60% personal, 20% class (Berserker and Ballistician have the highest class Str growth at 25%)), now that's a little unusual. Only Kagero (65% personal) could go any higher.

With the help of CAPTAIN PLANET

I am old enough to have seen a few scattered episodes of the origin of this meme.🙄

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AL9nZEVO6LL9YRu0OOQkzY0-l6gN-9nw4gKLqego

🎶Reach for my hand...

She doesn't have a Kinshi yet, she can't soar!

AL9nZEUk4ef4W8QpgPMjNs4GYJ_2JAyBNu9uMFdu

Why all the melodrama, its just Jakob that died...

She has had a premonition.

She's seeing Celica Act 4

AL9nZEUYfPP_uXUfcKR-b9uS4CmXSKHH5TVVbeqf

Of course TeeHee immediately gravitates towards the family side of things, and how WE can be her new family.

She learned that from Xander during the cutscene

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AL9nZEUzCQuEOVTykofk84sCzjlnUWxiw0-1vY2C

Although I did mess my planning up just a little here, as he doesn't need all the strength from Effie, and could have used the TeeHee pairup for the +10 accuracy from her personal instead for 3-4 chance at 95 (instead of 85)

Wow, never get to see that high accuracy with the Iron Bow.

Course, you did more, but getting to what would have been 100 accuracy actually being possible is impressing me.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

AL9nZEWaVd6bj_uPaDUsZ3dBmTo49JN8pGy4bHDs

It is almost like this game is rather focused on the idea that family is about more than blood.

Corrin is canonically Vin Diesel

@Edelguardiansing You feeling like you can take on Chapters 8 and 9? Or rather take a break for today?

Wow, never get to see that high accuracy with the Iron Bow.

I don't even get to see that with forged Bronze Bow with Niles.

Quadzillion Fates runs, i can never have a good Niles XD

Edited by Imperator Squilla

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He is named for two Shakespearean villains. One a murderer (still one but not so diabolically so IRL), one a schemer, both of notoriety.

The other is Macbeth, isn't it. Anyway, you'd THINK the fact that he and Corrin are on the same side in Conquest would be an incentive for him to tolerate them, but NO, he's so petty that he takes any opportunity to sabotage Corrin.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Quadzillion Fates runs, i can never have a good Niles XD

Now you see why I ditch him for Nina.

On 10/17/2022 at 8:58 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Saizo = oddball. Will use.

• 330 in total growth rates ties with Odin for the highest non-Aptitude pre-class total in Fates.
  • 30% Spd and 10% Res make Saizo the opposite of the typical Ninja. 60% Skl & 55% Lck are nifty for ironman. 50-45 Str/Mag lets his offense go either way or both.
  • I’ve had experience with Saizo in Dark Falcon, I might save an Ebon Wing for him later, even if it means going down E tomes rather late. Otherwise he stays Ninja.
  • Very flexible, as long as he gets some form of Spd boost to correct that flaw (which an Ebon Wing does).

Best of luck making him work. I've never been impressed by him. Or any of the ninjas in Fates, for that matter.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

@Edelguardiansing You feeling like you can take on Chapters 8 and 9? Or rather take a break for today?

I'm still recovering a bit but I'll be able to do it later today. I definitely want to get back into it as soon as possible but I don't want to do it when my brain is still a bit fried.

Edited by Edelguardiansing

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm still recovering a bit but I'll be able to do it later today. I definitely want to get back into it as soon as possible but I don't want to do it when my brain is still a bit fried.

Don't push yourself! And I don't say that b/c fried brain + ironman FE = not good. We're in no rush, focus on feeling well.

2Q8uZky.png

Paralogue 3 complete, onto desert hell!

ZUA1iOI.png

Gaius, like Cordelia, is mostly connected to units who wont be present for this campaign for a little while so I will make an attempt to train him up.

l3nVSBe.png

Teehee
Jbef203.pngJJi42Vv.png

Getting these two together might be my plan of action for no other reason than that I want to get the wonder trio and this is the first relationship Cordelia jumped off with.

zl6HsaV.png

Yay!

pwcZPEh.png

No!

VSIO8Wg.pngFEXPAcw.png

And of course with the two seals I got from that chapter, here I set Donnel and Lissa on the path to glory!

That's @Edelguardiansing at Chapter 9, @Eltosian Kadath, @Interdimensional Observer and @Imperator Squilla at Chapter 10 and me at the cusp of Act 3. So, I think we can move to the next checkpoints.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

VSIO8Wg.pngFEXPAcw.png

And of course with the two seals I got from that chapter, here I set Donnel and Lissa on the path to glory!

Having Sage Lissa right on time for the desert chapter sounds perfect.

And Merc Donnel with the 40% Armsthrift already, how fun.

46 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

After we finish those chapters we can move.

Sorry if i am making you wait a bit longer xD

Imma do ch.10 in a bit

You answered that in the affirmative too earlier.

I'll get my hat:

https://www.publicdomainpictures.net/pictures/270000/velka/dunce-hat.jpg