Teehee Madness 2 - Full 3DS Linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

2 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I'm going to do the second paralogue to start of with if that's okay, I like material benefits.

go ahead!

Just in case any smart asses got the amiibo characters on their team somehow.

Can you even beat any of the amiibo paralogues that early?

Also getting a logbook units when you have like no money isn't feasible, either XD

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another start, another quest for killing generics. The good news is that I can unlock it immediately. The bad news is that I'll still have to crawl through an encounter afterwards.

That should get Saber enough to avoid an unlucky crit.... right?

3 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Oh fuck i forgot that one

IS employees discussing SoV hard mode

Map designer: What's harder than 1 Necrodragon?

Employee who worked on BR: TWO NECRODRAGONS

The room falls silent. You can hear a phone ring outside and in between those rings, silence awaiting a pin drop.

Map designer: You sly dog, I love it!

Just now, Imperator Squilla said:

Why does this map have 4 deployment slots anyway?

For Anna duh

Celica: I'm ready for anything.

Genny: I'm ready to roll.

Boey: Ready anytime.

Mae: I'm at the top of my game!

Dammit Mae.

Genny gets the first level and it's Atk, Spd and Luk. Go on a roll Genny! Celica also got Atk and Spd first try, Saber got Spd (Yes! One Spd fountain's enough for him to not be doubled by the merc!) Pretty much only Boey didn't get Spd, which is a much better look than on Alm's initial crew at the same point. Back to the fountain, Saber, Boey and Celica get 1 Spd each, face one more encounter where Mae gets all but Luk and Res alongside everyone else getting lesser levels, then we move on to the boat maps.

Well the first map was uneventful barring Celica and Saber getting Def, which will help in future maps. Next map Second map I set up the chokepoint, had things planned out, only for the archer to take the space just freed by the boss to go for Genny. Who doubled him. 😛 Saber also got Atk, Skl, Spd and Def near the end and with this Celica got Serpahim too, which again, useful tool for later. Time to kill Legoman-

Wait..... no, this isn't that Barth? Oh. And with this, a question. Within SoV, there is the option to retreat from a map to reset the board, only all killed things stay dead. I ask this question only because the neat side effect it has is removing green units regardless and it's the only reason I'd use it. Should I be forbidden from that too? The only other map it'd effect is the first Celica Part 3 map and I don't even use it there.

EslXx0B.png

Corn get's the lvl10 and

wqbpU52.png

I keep asking myself if i should do this. Not because it would be too early, but because i will lose the Dstone bulk and thus have to be careful with Corn.

In the end, my love for that Class as the ultimate lord class wins out and i decide to do it XD

g7yRQTC.png

Freaking missclick

Now...instead of powerlvling Corn...I go on a Felicia training montage! 

Which you can see in the spoiler tag

Spoiler

tONDZuz.png

ok...

More importantly, Live to serve!

9rEqgiV.png

Hey it's Jagen

will be a good bench warmer

xIvMtPV.png

The training continues

2oDknIJ.png

> Def

Armor Felicia confirmed

R2kMKbr.png

>Str

Can Felicia actually use physical daggers this run?

cQZuMim.png

YoU aRe JUsT a StAiN!

Tb3DxRM.png

She has more muscle than Ike btw, just sayin

dlHHCat.png

Common Felicia W

FcAfGrq.png

Flame Shuriken time 😄

WbDVoks.png

No

XhBi3tM.png

Corn get's D tomes from dual attacking as well!

AQxAmfs.png

> Str, Skl, Spd

Time to turn Felicia into a Hero. 

w4b2FqZ.png

And we Seize with the Cornlord himself!

Now, dunno if i should do Mozu's paralogue now, as with 4 peeps it might be a bit dangerous and a common misstep can get Mozu killed. 

At the same time, it would be the perfect time to train her hmmmm

What do you think guys?

And now, for the most important part

AA4T5aS.png

Edited by Imperator Squilla

MyWPz9K.png

That wasn't too bad. We had some close calls but we made it through with no casualties.

And of course, Stahl and Kellams duo attack that one rounded Validar was pretty sick even if I wanted to give the kill to Gaius.

The beginning of Awakening is the hardest part of the game, so if I can get all the way to chapter 10 with ease then the rest of the game should be a snowball.

We're getting good growths as well, though ironically Poundmaker is falling behind a bit.

12 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Celica: I'm ready for anything.

Genny: I'm ready to roll.

Boey: Ready anytime.

Mae: I'm at the top of my game!

It's interesting to me that in Echoes the character's select lines were all pretty unique and memorable while the ones in Three Houses kind of blended together.

I see that as a positive actually because memorable lines get tiring after a while and it becomes...

18 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Within SoV, there is the option to retreat from a map to reset the board, only all killed things stay dead.

In dungeons you can retreat if you want, but not in "real maps". If you are ok with that.

I think Chapter 8's fine, gives you more to work with.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

We're getting good growths as well, though ironically Poundmaker is falling behind a bit.

Echoing recent effects on the GBP I see.

1 minute ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I see that as a positive actually because memorable lines get tiring after a while and it becomes...

I'm ready to roll is timeless, how dare.

In dungeons you can retreat if you want, but not in "real maps". If you are ok with that.

I shouldn't have brought attention to it 😛

Yeah, that's fine.

11 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

I think Chapter 8's fine, gives you more to work with

Hmmm

yeah

I can also train up Orochi there because she will be my failsave with capturing

And then i get her killed off just you see

7 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

In the end, my love for that Class as the ultimate lord class wins out and i decide to do it XD

You fool! The Dragonstone is supposed to be the Jagen!

8 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Now, dunno if i should do Mozu's paralogue now, as with 4 peeps it might be a bit dangerous and a common misstep can get Mozu killed. 

What do you think guys?

On one hand I trust your abilities to get Mozu with ease but on the other hand, Donnel is doing so good right now and I would cry if I lost him.

If you do get Mozu though, make sure to reclass her into a dread knight.

9 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Echoing recent effects on the GBP I see.

Hahahaha!

That's not why I named the avatar that but I like the idea.

3 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

On one hand I trust your abilities to get Mozu with ease

I got her killed during a different run yesterday

twice i had to retry lol

The terrain there where Mozu starts confuses me a bit and i tend to miscount stuff when moving her kek.

Then they kill her XD

Faced Barth and his goons first. Leon nearly died, but thankfully the enemies were too wounded to go for him. Mae is now on 11 Atk and Spd, so that's going to be fun. With Barth down, we take out his booty, distribute it to our units like good murderhobos and move on to El Cantor.

Naturally he tried the classic Zapp Brannigan strat of sending wave after wave of his own undead at me thinking it'd eventually make me reach a cap on kill count and thus break down, but of course this army not being a bunch of killer robots this didn't work. Leon got a lucky crit on him and then gained Spd, then because he gains HP and never uses it when summoning (honestly, even a toke amount would have been better than none). It took way too long, got to 25 turns and almost had it, but got delayed by another wave. Eventually, it took Celica getting a crit Plentitude to finally end this misery. Jeez that took forever, all because I didn't want to risk anyone in his range on EP. Celica also has 11 in Atk, Skl, Spd and Luk right now, man Alm's Spd looking shocking at the minute. Some of the team had 10 zombie kills too, sheesh that took too long.

Now for fast doom! Necrodragons are a worry, but at least I have Seraphim, Invoke and range going for me. Thankfully I can take the first one out in the next phase after drawing it in with Kamui, then can surround the other with Genny's summons and with portioned damage Celica takes them out with only one Seraphim. Genny gets the ring and I go into the shrine. Manage to get 5 coral in my first visit, Valbar surprises me by levelling Spd, get to reclass Kamui, Saber and Leon. The Skl and HP shines I end up passing as Skl to Leon as he's already above Bow Knight base, then move into the third deadliest area in Act 2: the shrine depths. Mostly because of the two gargoolye fights at the back. I ended up getting both. Like an idiot. Thankfully I managed it fine and cleared it out. Gave the Res Shrines to Saber for reasons and the levels to Mae and Boey (Who finally levelled Spd, while Mae got Aura) and with that I am done for today, with three maps left to clear for Part 2.

2 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

But that's not until Chapter 11.

She loses access to all her good weapon types though.

Merchant Mozu is god Mozu

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Unfortunately, I failed to reach the village in this map. I don't even remember what they give you.

I think it's a Physic staff.

3 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

The beginning of Awakening is the hardest part of the game, so if I can get all the way to chapter 10 with ease then the rest of the game should be a snowball.

Gotta be alert to the enemy level spikes though! Chapter 13 is one I'd say, Fort Stieger whichever one that is, is the first fight where all enemies are promoted, and first fight of the Grimleal/Grima arc being the ones that stand out to me.

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Dammit Mae.

Genny gets the first level and it's Atk, Spd and Luk. Go on a roll Genny! Celica also got Atk and Spd first try, Saber got Spd (Yes! One Spd fountain's enough for him to not be doubled by the merc!) Pretty much only Boey didn't get Spd, which is a much better look than on Alm's initial crew at the same point. Back to the fountain, Saber, Boey and Celica get 1 Spd each, face one more encounter where Mae gets all but Luk and Res alongside everyone else getting lesser levels, then we move on to the boat maps.

Well the first map was uneventful barring Celica and Saber getting Def, which will help in future maps. Next map Second map I set up the chokepoint, had things planned out, only for the archer to take the space just freed by the boss to go for Genny. Who doubled him. 😛 Saber also got Atk, Skl, Spd and Def near the end and with this Celica got Serpahim too, which again, useful tool for later. Time to kill Legoman-

Reading stuff like the bolded without fully processing the information scares me coming into this topic.😆

4 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

9rEqgiV.png

Hey it's Jagen

will be a good bench warmer

It's stupid that he can't support, or come with his superior CQ stats. If he did, having access to the Cavalier, Mercenary, Wyvern Rider, and via Jakob friendship Troubadour class lines, and getting level 15 skills early, means Gunter could try pushing the limit of skills over stats.

4 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Time to turn Felicia into a Hero. 

Dewitt! Make good of her WTF (sans triple-breaker) Heart class choice. Like, why Mercenary for her?

3 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Reminder- contrary to her practice in onmyodo, Orochi is no Abe no Seimei. She cannot bend spirits and demons to her will, the ghosts of Valla shall resist her commands. Get your reserve manpower before Chapter 17 is over (unless you use grinding battles or some paralogues?).

---

Completed 6 & 7. Both fights are easy for BR, easy to turtle and all. Though again, I tried to be pseudo-efficient. It has been quite a while since I last touched a Fire Emblem, and 3H not having Pair Up meant I forgot enemies can Offensive Stance, a reeeeeeeal danger for glassy characters who might survive one hit, but end up dying on a dual strike.

I'm not used to ironman, so my nerves are always on edge about miscalculations, even in these simple & easy maps. I fed Orochi the Fuga kill shame she can't capture him and have him join in all his Rev glory, thanks to a Saizo debuff and some durability procs she was certain to survive if her 91% missed, however, I somehow forgot that Fuga had Vantage. This is BR, so skills are rare outside of what a class naturally provides a unit, but that kind of forgetful ignorance scares me.😬

Beforehand, I opted for limited acquisition of the BP/VP rewards, I took up to 35 BP/VP, mostly E rank stuff. Once I reach the next checkpoint I'll tap into the D-rank stuff, and repeat this restriction a few more times (not having enough BP/VP for the A-rank set of weapons and final items means this list will run out before I make it to the last checkpoint). I'll take only stat boosters and anything that can't be store-bought, stuff like the Killers and even the Duals are off-limits -barring the Nosferatu (and perhaps the Shining Bow for Sakura, not like she'll ever fight much). Maybe I'll let the Hoshidan store-bought stuff be allowed, but only if I purchase the very same items in the store first (I can pretend it's a 2-for-1 sale). All limiters are released if my elite soldiers start writing poetry, stuff like this.:

"Even a life-long prosperity is but one cup of sake; A life of forty-nine years is passed in a dream; I know not what life is, nor death. Year in year out-all but a dream. Both Heaven and Hell are left behind; I stand in the moonlit dawn, Free from clouds of attachment."

Author- Kenshin of the Uesugi clan, the famed "Tiger of Echigo". This, his death poem☠️, it was a genre popular in feudal Japan.

-I didn't do Mozu's Paralogue yet. I haven't decided whether to give Azama the lone early store-bought Heart Seal (I'm not using MyCastle to get more).

• I want to try making Azama physical, and it seems like it'll take a while before he hits A Subaki for Sky Knight or S Oboro for Spear Fighter, Apothecary via a Heart Seal is his only short-term choice, even it locks him into bows for now when I intend for him to be a naginata user.
    • Apothecary would trade 15% Res for 20% HP in class growths. And more importantly, he would get +15% Str growth, which makes me want to change his class immediately.
  • Mozu as an Archer-Sniper I acknowledge would be superior, yet I have used that before. And Azama I haven't gone full physical with yet, it could be fun.
    • Leaving Mozu as a Villager... I tried making her a Spear Fighter via Oboro once, I didn't love it. She starts too fragile for range 1, makes her more of a chore to train.
    • There should hopefully be a second early Heart Seal somewhere, but I don't remember which chapter exactly. -Yet maybe I should save it for Hinoka?

Overly detailed analysis of the units obtained up to this point. Warning, long!:

Spoiler

Corrin is doing fantastic on growths, that's essential. He needs DS to stand a chance at doubling b/c slow.

Azura is Azura. Refresher = divine.

• Losing her is going to cost others herself, Robin and Celica, so I might not field her on a map where I can’t establish an unbreakable defensive perimeter.
    • Birthright can oft do without Azura, no biggie.
  • I suppose she can wed Takumi yet again, Darting Blow for him is neato, if stifling Kiragi's class options by one.

Felicia is growing well. Will use.

• I'll have her marry Saizo for a magical Asugi, and early Replicate-Shurikenfaire before going back to Maid to heal & Flame Shuriken. Will be keeping them together until then.
  • Being bound to Lissa makes using her slightly risky, losing Mae would hurt even more.

Sakura = staffbot.

• Since she is bound to Silque, Alm would like the pink petal princess to stay alive

Kaze will be benched after he hits A Corrin to keep him alive, a Private Quarters visit got him to B already.

• Kaze is too fragile, physically flimsy, and useful for CQ for me to want to use him permanently.
  • Might field him again for marriage to obtain Midori.
    • However, Midori is too balanced for my likings, with Lck as her super stat which isn’t great even on ironman. So I don’t care about missing out on her. 
    • A late recruitment to Offspring into Mechanist for a nice Shuriken rank then changing into Master Ninja would be Midori's best easy wife-agnostic outcome.

Rinkah = a beached whale.

• Low HP growth atop being in a tank class that intentionally has low HP.
  • Class is made to have high Str, but her growth is poor.
    • This is fixed somewhat by her Fiery Blood, which would be better if only she had more HP so you could more safely leave her with a point or three missing for that hot +4 Atk (which also works with magical hits).
  • Unless she goes Blacksmith, the Oni line is also inaccurate, even if Rinkah has good Skl (with -2 to the cap is strange) and Clubs are more accurate than Axes.
  • Spd tells the same story as Skl, but doesn’t get assistance.
  • The only stat where Rinkah personally and her class are in positive agreement, is Def, it is not enough to save her.
  • Sometimes class-unit contradictions create a balanced-stats unit who incredible. In Rinkah’s case, she, the only natural Oni Savage, asphyxiates on Hoshido’s shores.
  • Rinkah does provide a relatively rare strong +Str/Def DS bonus, so she will still see use.
  • This Teehee run shackles her to fairly subpar units, so I can safely use her without fear of causing a critical loss for others, yet it doesn’t change the fact she is mediocre.

Subaki = ferry.

• Our perfectionist has 250 in total growths, that’s 200 points above Gunter, but only 25 above Setsuna, the lowest of any unpromoted character in Fates.
  • Those points are poorly distributed too. HP, Skl, Def are his good stats.
  • His 20% Spd growth is anemic, he actually needs Darting Blow to double.
    • Palla could shatter the game on her massive Spd base in Old Mystery, and the base is enough keep her low Spd growth from being too painful in New Mystery and SoV.
    • Subaki has a mere 10 Spd base, nowhere near as workable as Farore.
  • Even if you did marry him to Rinkah to try tanking as an Oni, Wary Fighter being Knight-exclusive means he would end up getting doubled. 5% Res growth would leave him roasted by magic too.
  • Perfectionist is wasted on Subaki since he can’t dodgetank well, and the Hit bonus requires he either avoid counterattacks or be healed up after every stab he takes which isn’t possible on the enemy phase.
  • Samurai is a bland Heart class, though Duelist’s Blow does have some synergy with Perfectionist (befriending Saizo for Ninja seems more reliable however).
  • Thus, Subaki ends up being good for just one thing- using his natural wings to shuttle units around, never actually seeing combat.
  • Being linked to Arthur makes him likely to be lost early on, and even if he was, a use of Capture could readily replace him. I don’t want to lose him though, since Saber is key for Celica.

Silas will probably see use, provided his leveling works out. If he gets enough Str, Spd, Def, he'll stay. A Spd or Def deficiency could spell his end, however. Too early to tell.

• Shelter is nifty, could help an ironman run.
  • Good mobility too, since Hoshido has such a bizarre lack of horses.

Hana = sidelined.

• Flower Girl is too fragile, and dodgetanking is unreliable in Fates, especially on ironman. She hasn't seen a single round of combat.
  • Losing her means Effie dies, who is too good for Nohr to be worth risking.
  • A range-1 physical unit who can all too readily be OHKO’ed or close to it even when adequately trained isn’t something that I remember Fire Emblem had prior to Fates, and with Hana it’s egregious.
  • 55/45/55 Str/Skl/Spd are great offense growths, yet it’d be safer and stronger if Hana befriended Setsuna or married Takumi and traded the katana for the yumi. I won't do the former, the later is possible, but she'd be past the point of training without massive grinding by then.

Saizo = oddball. Will use.

• 330 in total growth rates ties with Odin for the highest non-Aptitude pre-class total in Fates.
  • 30% Spd and 10% Res make Saizo the opposite of the typical Ninja. 60% Skl & 55% Lck are nifty for ironman. 50-45 Str/Mag lets his offense go either way or both.
  • I’ve had experience with Saizo in Dark Falcon, I might save an Ebon Wing for him later, even if it means going down E tomes rather late. Otherwise he stays Ninja.
  • Very flexible, as long as he gets some form of Spd boost to correct that flaw (which an Ebon Wing does).

Orochi = I’m throwing the kitchen sink at her. Will use.

• Normally, I would not use Orochi as much as I am about to, but she is one of the only units I can use whose fate isn’t bound to another character’s. I am going to get the most out of her as a result.
  • Capture is nowhere near as good as Kidnap is with Niles, owing to far fewer skills on BR enemies than CQ ones

Hinoka = winged warrior goddess. Will use.

• 35% Def growth, 15% Mag, everything else is 40-45, 305 total. Balanced, yet good.
  • Can be left in Sky Knight if you like ferrying and mobility. Going Spear Fighter via a Heart Seal beautifully lets her retain her weapon rank and lose the bow weakness for superior tanking with a Guard Naginata. -I intend to leave her in Sky Knight right now.
  • Being linked to Cammy is a huge risk given how invaluable and hence exposed to danger she is in the CQ early-midgame. Palla isn’t a small loss or risk either.

Setsuna = joins the bench.

• 225 growth total, the lowest before you get to a bunch of prepromotes. Str is a miserable 20%, only Res is at least 40%, besides an extraordinary 60% Spd that is.
  • Setsuna is surprisingly salvageable in the mid- and long-runs. Her BR start is just bad, and I don't feel like working her out of her puny, inaccurate, not fast start.
    • By the time she were to get to level 5 Sniper, she would still be a little light on the firepower, but her accuracy would be fixed and she'd be doubling a lot. She doesn't have to leave her base class to achieve this.

Hayato = another benchwarmer.

• Joins underleveled, I don't feel like grinding.
  • Not bad when trained though. The fact I'm pouring resources into Orochi this run diminishes my want to use him though. 
  • Since he has a 0 Skl base before class, try throwing him in his Heart class Oni Savage- 2 Skl! Which as amusing as it sounds, shall not be seen on this ironman.

TL;DR the short version. Units I intend to use in the long term as combat/staffing/refreshing obtained up to this point.:

1. Corrin
  2. Azura
  3. Felicia
  4. Sakura
  5. Saizo
  6. Orochi (I fed her three levels in Chapter 7.)
  7. Silas
  8. Hinoka
  9. Azama

I'm afraid this list is going to become too long for how much experience I'll be getting. It sure won't leave room for dedicated backpacks.😅 

Level-ups from the past two chapters.:

Spoiler

Sakura (little importance):

• Mag/Skl/Lck 
  • Mag/Spd/Res

Azura (like it matters for her?):

• Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck/Res
  • Skl/Spd/Lck
  • Str/Skl

Felicia (excellent!):

• HP/Mag/Spd/Lck/Res
  • Mag/Skl/Lck/Res
  • HP/Mag/Skl/Spd/Def

Subaki: Lck/Res- Bleh!

Corrin (still incredible):

• HP/Str/Mag/Spd/Lck/Def/Res
  • Str/Mag/Skl/Lck/Res

Kaze: Str/Spd.

Silas: Str/Skl/Spd/Res.

Saizo: HP/Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Lck/Res.

Orochi:

• HP/Str/Mag/Skl/Res
  • Mag/Skl/Lck/Def
  • HP/Str/Mag/Def/Res.

...How did she get two 10% Str procs? And two 25% Def procs too.

Annnnd this took too long to write.😅

8 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Eltoshan Kadath, now is not the time to be getting killer fashion! You hear me?

Duely warned, I wont kill off Shura for some boots that look pretty in the convoy.

5 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Who cares, I got a Dracoshield!

Oh wow, managed that in the ironmann...well that should help out a lot

55 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

That will make the possibly that one of Valbar, Kamui, or Leon dying as a green unit much higher.

44 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Shhhh... don't be spoiling my plans now

So I have completed chapter 7 with no casualties (see spoiler box below). I will probably put off Paralogue 1 until I have enough units to fill all of its deployment slots...probably...maybe...

Spoiler

AL9nZEUDdi2ttYdYwv8ockC5svlaW4hb4K42UTbD

I might as well do this before I forget...actually since I broke into the reward boxes for this run I am sitting on a lot of stat boosters I have no idea what to do with...

AL9nZEW0W8hHQA7olyLdUHVvVJ6wkzxFmcwLxAhB

I must admit, this little bond unit sitting in the logbook tempts me greatly...

AL9nZEXdtEUzsa1b5iboxW7F5iFmk0mGNlfHEdXX

So I return...hope the TeeHees haven't been waiting on me too long for this update.

AL9nZEW8UF85jFPsoa_VHoTn9AIDXSAjr2tqiQ_0

That is why I am not playing Birthright yah goof.

AL9nZEV9DQk95FoCnh0xtreG_PspE1VSSU_e5O0n

More attempts to murder the thread...although Xander is to willing to join in the thread to go through with the Garon posting.

AL9nZEXeq7S-DvZGrsQQTqC0nw9FLfRBTjsE_GQY

Man the numbers are so perfect here, with the Yato, and Jakob attack stance, she can actually enemy phase the two enemies here.

AL9nZEWtvgirf1MM905vap6c1wpIM9n3H47UnuNb

Although I did end up leaving one alive here, as I couldn't find a reachable space to get the kill on all 4

AL9nZEUA_yZf2SoZTuBwd7QYOmz64XCD_6rfRbOS

Just wanted to show how the numbers lined up here (note they have 25 health...)

AL9nZEW6EaWOfgo7P9G8GIYtzdpeYWDSnJb0JroM

Could be better, but it is nice to now be in range to double here even without the +1 Spd from Katana.

AL9nZEUTca6gZrqz1edrJGBiE7PmnVYasgzt9pWo

Also the skill gain is nice, if hard to plan for.

AL9nZEV3ISl_eppnGK003Vco9_mPbhqqWPEC9EwJ

A bit of an understatement, but I think how things are shaking out I probably could take this whole chapter with these two alone if I had to.

AL9nZEWP3kN2Op-tzejuCjfOmC_x9xRormAFm34_

I do now have more troops to spread the experience around to, as Silas gets his chance to help out now.

AL9nZEWKwPsTbNRxmm3OdyQYeJLTJd_svK9ztr_o

Elise looks to be another avid fan of the thread 😛

AL9nZEVX4OKh_kvDb1Phuc3rNUoYFgVFGWJjy7DD

Now we have our little army split. It looks we are playing Fire Emblem Three Choke-points over here.

Although more seriously one front literally dies enemy phase

AL9nZEXLSHyAOo4D5JQC6_Z2uifYvC9L4-DGNzzs

Which lets Jakob debuff and chip the paired speed sealing faceless to the point that Silas can handle it

AL9nZEVfb0Y8kCc4ZQFDdceKHUULK3VNmQUTqzSR

For a nice little levelup on him. Honestly, this chapter is in the bag at this point, what is left is mostly just cleanup. One front is already done, this one is almost there, and with a single healer (which I can definitely afford) Effie is impossible to break in the south, so I will just move onto the levelups

AL9nZEXTku94MnzsSSs1TxmjJIygc-J5w6Dx_5n3AL9nZEUUbzdQ-4pF_tI5GMsEIPwu7S3I1u2vs9eaAL9nZEWEZzavV9dVz1Cl4ubzCmo3QQysHDHfRjw7AL9nZEUPB7amAHEEsBTiwqtFGdHIeqGgjbFmgOXtAL9nZEXAdaIVLjTdVLF8Swp0HY_tlUmjpk10Q8vG

Overall, Elise's one levelup is a bit ominous, it is funny that Effie got identical levels, but a little odd that Strength wasn't a part of it, and Jakob getting good magic is a shame, as I was planning on doing the classic Paladin switch over when I get my first seal (as I plan on making Mozu a Dread Fighter)

AL9nZEU6N2VBM2ITKnumEZuXiNgXYiK1jDLF8y0M

That was a rather clean victory.

AL9nZEVNuogVJdAzfSaPjgPKszOnLTKVkPRezaE3

The emphasis on Team Work is perfect or this kind of run Elise.

AL9nZEWgTJtf9Hl-8I0wEpidEtQwWUGdDhPkJrt7

But Iago is certainly ready for this little no death streak to end...

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Dewitt! Make good of her WTF (sans triple-breaker) Heart class choice. Like, why Mercenary for her?

Wasn't her gimmick that she's a terrible maid, but actually an incredibly talented combatant? Come to think of it, I'd say the better question is, "Why is Jakob the physically inclined retainer?". It would be much more fitting if Jakob was better at the support role, while Felicia was better at stabbing people.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fuga

Ain't that chapter 8?

Well, it's no trouble since everyone finished ch7 (or 6 in case of awakening) and Dayni is finishing Act 2 soon!

unless you use grinding battles or some paralogues?).

Some Nohr paralogues have some really good captureables, but they also tend to be on the tough side hmmm.

23 minutes ago, ping said:

while Felicia was better at stabbing people.

Well, she can stab stuff!

Just needs a magical weapon, like her plate or the flame shuriken!

Reading stuff like the bolded without fully processing the information scares me coming into this topic.😆

Ah now, Genny's too good to die to one archer.

And this Mae has gotten Atk a bunch, the dammit I've been facing with her in game is 1-rounding when I wanted to have her near kill something.

All limiters are released if my elite soldiers start writing poetry, stuff like this.:

"Even a life-long prosperity is but one cup of sake; A life of forty-nine years is passed in a dream; I know not what life is, nor death. Year in year out-all but a dream. Both Heaven and Hell are left behind; I stand in the moonlit dawn, Free from clouds of attachment."

Author- Kenshin of the Uesugi clan, the famed "Tiger of Echigo". This, his death poem☠️, it was a genre popular in feudal Japan.

I'll let you know when Valbar's crew think they're in Edo Japan.

Interesting to see how even for the time war and bloodshed were things that wore down on man, for all the narratives of men being tough in the past it's rather telling how often they themselves will not glamourise their experience.

• I want to try making Azama physical, and it seems like it'll take a while before he hits A Subaki for Sky Knight or S Oboro for Spear Fighter, Apothecary via a Heart Seal is his only short-term choice, even it locks him into bows for now when I intend for him to be a naginata user.
    • Apothecary would trade 15% Res for 20% HP in class growths. And more importantly, he would get +15% Str growth, which makes me want to change his class immediately.

Profiteer would be nice for low to no grind purposes, the apothecary skills have some niche use and he could grind bows and lances that way, which would be nice for plenty of his classes. Could be worth doing.

Sounds about right.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oh wow, managed that in the ironmann...well that should help out a lot

It's going to make the first Berkut map less of a crapshoot with how the cavs move.

Alright, the next three maps to end part 2. First off is a map with physical units, not something that's as worrying with 8 as it might have been with 5 if they all flanked me. Fun fact about the archers in Hard mode, plenty of them come with Iron Bows from early on, which does make things worrisome if I had fliers, but also slows them down making them easier to double, including for Leon. So he easily deals with them and I muscle through the pirates.

Next is the map I'm really worried about. The map full of mages is a terrifying one where I can all too easily lose units. Two of them are 1-3 range as well so only Leon avoids counters on PP and they all can heal each other. Point being this is the map I'm most worried about losing units to. Leon hits from 4 range then finished the boss mire on EP (also eep with the damage). The four arcanists in a row I end up only getting one on PP with Celica and her mage squad, but one gets crit by Boey on EP and the one that's almost dead heals the third one still left, leaving me with an easier job of cleanup. Barring that the other mire guy went to them. He becomes the biggest concern and brings Celica to low HP but Mae finishes with a single Aura. And with that Arc 2's worst has been thrown at me. phew.

For the rest of Act two, I have to run through the harbour and pick stuff up, go back to Ram to make Celica sad and get the axe there and take one of the cheesemonger rewards for a quest in the harbour..... And there's more enemies. Good thing I still have Saber. Also, Masked Knight here says "my name matters not for the nonce". Does he know where that word has been? I mean, it could be true, but Celica isn't underage last I recalled..... wait, she's 17, it still works. Fucking perverse cantors. Anyways, I charge for the boss, thinking it's a defeat boss map but it isn't. Thanks to both Celica and Saber having blessed items it works out, but if I didn't have those it could have gotten hairy. Anyways, get the honey for that quest, back to the harbour and get the quest. Turns out I could have left the Blue Cheese for Celica and gotten a later quest sorted in advance thanks to the cheesmonger, but that's not a big issue thankfully.

After that, Celica and Alm waste some precious oranges and fall out. That's Act 2.

ftBFidP.png

Well, here we go.

As is the case with early rev, time for Corn and Felicia to clean up

Spoiler

2fqxFed.png

Taking on the side dude/ttes. Felicia lvl's up Mag, Spd, Lck and something else (common Felicia lvl up)

rhAyVjn.png

Gunter was an Oifey all along?

Srw6793.png

We grab the first chest and the ninja that appears runs away right after lmao

HZVWWdR.png

No, it isn't

u07Pyvv.png

Taking our Mario and Snake girl

fHMp5ZW.png

I wanna hear you singing without Garon ruining it tho. We get the Wyrmslayer

rMan1pc.png

And finish the map with our dear Maid.

c7eV8Oj.png

Felicia, our Magemydon.

Please don't kill Felicia off guys i've fed her lotsa exp XD

KgJWIXg.png

Sakura and her gang join the party!

t93P8tj.png

Corrin and Felicia on track for the shotgun marriage. Not as fast as Sigurd x Deirdre, but close.

Dunno if will go for it tho since Kana!Felicia suckssssssssssssssss.

Now, time for Mozu's paralogue!

To train Mozu or train up Hana, hmmm...

Hana is really really strong offensively, but also really frail and relies on dodgetanking, one unlucky hit can do her in, while Bowzu is goat, i gotta train her up hmmm

Well, i think imma go Bowzu, especially since Fuga's wild ride rev edition is coming up!

SRtaKbr.png

Here we go

I will also try to give Hana a lvl or 2, but main goal is to reach lvl 6/7 with Bowzu and D-rank bows!

zwiDg5x.png

Time for the training arc of the legendary Bowzinator!

Spoiler

NkO61Tm.png

Here we go!

PeFfP9f.png

Her smile. That damned smile! RAWR!

hfI3rCI.png
EoA9l5Y.png

Mozu gaming

BGrIjap.png

No, it's not.

6VNXhNm.png

So close to a perfect lvl up, so close.

IAOJ26g.png

We start the grind on the 1rng locked no mov boss, a tactic i like to use to train up my Archers in FE lol. Aside from Mozu, the one i remember the most doing something similar with is Tanya in Thracia in 8x. Although the boss had a 2 rng weapon there, he only uses it if there was someone in range, so i attack with Tanya, then rescue her out, and repeat until she was lvl20 then promoted her lmao.

rO07xXC.png

Also D Bows achieved 😄

WCBUQhT.png

MOZU GAMING!

Also i just noticed that hard doesn't have the exp limit per enemy. Welp, i could've abused this more to maybe even achieve C Bows if i planned for it kek

GfZQ4ws.png

No, it's not. Why finish it with such a lvlup, girl. You won't become the legendary Bowzinator that way...

and with that, the training arc for local village girl ™️ is over!

1rjKFiK.png

Not bad, but my Mozus are usually a bit better by that point.

I will await the rest of the AwakeFates peeps to catch up before i continue! (Finish 8 for Fates, 7 for awakening)

After that, Celica and Alm waste some precious oranges and fall out.

That's what happens when you play 100% Orange Juice...

That's Act 2.

and now you wait? xD

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rinkah = a beached whale.

• Low HP growth atop being in a tank class that intentionally has low HP.
  • Class is made to have high Str, but her growth is poor.
    • This is fixed somewhat by her Fiery Blood, which would be better if only she had more HP so you could more safely leave her with a point or three missing for that hot +4 Atk (which also works with magical hits).
  • Unless she goes Blacksmith, the Oni line is also inaccurate, even if Rinkah has good Skl (with -2 to the cap is strange) and Clubs are more accurate than Axes.
  • Spd tells the same story as Skl, but doesn’t get assistance.
  • The only stat where Rinkah personally and her class are in positive agreement, is Def, it is not enough to save her.
  • Sometimes class-unit contradictions create a balanced-stats unit who incredible. In Rinkah’s case, she, the only natural Oni Savage, asphyxiates on Hoshido’s shores.

XD
You got that right.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Subaki = ferry.

• Our perfectionist has 250 in total growths, that’s 200 points above Gunter, but only 25 above Setsuna, the lowest of any unpromoted character in Fates.
  • Those points are poorly distributed too. HP, Skl, Def are his good stats.
  • His 20% Spd growth is anemic, he actually needs Darting Blow to double.
    • Palla could shatter the game on her massive Spd base in Old Mystery, and the base is enough keep her low Spd growth from being too painful in New Mystery and SoV.
    • Subaki has a mere 10 Spd base, nowhere near as workable as Farore.
  • Even if you did marry him to Rinkah to try tanking as an Oni, Wary Fighter being Knight-exclusive means he would end up getting doubled. 5% Res growth would leave him roasted by magic too.
  • Perfectionist is wasted on Subaki since he can’t dodgetank well, and the Hit bonus requires he either avoid counterattacks or be healed up after every stab he takes which isn’t possible on the enemy phase.
  • Samurai is a bland Heart class, though Duelist’s Blow does have some synergy with Perfectionist (befriending Saizo for Ninja seems more reliable however).
  • Thus, Subaki ends up being good for just one thing- using his natural wings to shuttle units around, never actually seeing combat.

XD
I have to wonder what the hell they were thinking with regards to him, Rinkah and Setsuna. Honestly, I see his only use as being to marry him off to someone else so I can use his daughter instead.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds abut right,

7 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Ain't that chapter 8?

Well, it's no trouble since everyone finished ch7 (or 6 in case of awakening) and Dayni is finishing Act 2 soon!

Sorry! I didn't realize it's one fight at a time. I'm not used to playing FE so slowly.😅 I need to quit lallygagging and make something else my current main video game.

7 hours ago, ping said:

Wasn't her gimmick that she's a terrible maid, but actually an incredibly talented combatant? Come to think of it, I'd say the better question is, "Why is Jakob the physically inclined retainer?". It would be much more fitting if Jakob was better at the support role, while Felicia was better at stabbing people.

Sexism I'd guess. A kind young maid lady ought not to dainty and not physically strong.

This said, while Jakob starts stronger and can jump into a variety of reclasses easier (early promoted skill acquisition being a fundamental gimmick of their's), I do think Felicia might end up being the better long-term unit.

Felicia HP 40 Str 10 Mag 35 Skl 30 Spd 40 Lck 55 Def 15 Res 35
Jakob HP 50 Str 30 Mag 15 Skl 40 Spd 35 Lck 45 Def 25 Res 25

Their growths are such that I feel Felicia's future in magical classes looks stronger than Jakob's in physical classes. 30% Str is a little low, and 25% Def ought to put a damper on any serious tanking after the early-midgame. 

7 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Some Nohr paralogues have some really good captureables, but they also tend to be on the tough side hmmm.

Nohr simply has the better paralogues overall. Like the CQ vs. BR divide in general, CQ's childlogues are more difficult, strategic, and have better rewards. All BR gives you is a bunch of easy EXP on pretty brainless maps, nothing like the nectar of Ophelia and Percy. The route-shared children of Kana, Midori, Sophie, and Dwyer (though not so much Shigure) are befittingly betwixt Nohr and Hoshido in map design, with a droplet of nice rewards, which is still more than BR's babies will give their glorious parents.

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Dunno if will go for it tho since Kana!Felicia suckssssssssssssssss.

I know Kana is quick to understand, but can I trade them for their more complicated sibling Kanji? I find the former disappointing.

Whereas Morgan can be Robin But Better fairly easily, Kana seems destined to be an inferior version of their Avatar Parent.

• Before factoring in their other parent, Kana's growths are identical to their pre-boon & bane Avatarent in Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck, Res, but -10% on HP, Str, and Def.
    • Why only 25% Def when their Personal Skill encourages Dragonstone tanking, I do not know.
    • In order to significantly exceed Corrin in any particular growth, Kana will need a mom/dad with 20% above Corrin's growth in the same stat. That'd be a 10% growth lead.
      • Corrin has 25% Res, 30% Mag, 35% Def, 40% Skl, and all the other growths are 45% pre-boon & bane.
        • Thus, we'd need at least 45% growth on the Other Parent's Res, and between a 50-65% for everything else.
          • Growths that high aren't overly abundant.
  • Their pre-class pre-leveling pre-parent Str base is 3, tied with Ophelia and only higher than Rhajat's.
    • You do worse than 7 HP, 5 Def, 5 Res, but it doesn't exactly back Dstone tanking either.
    • 6 Mag is a great base, and Skl, Spd, Lck are fine or good too.
    • Remember, it takes 10% in a growth 10 levels to make 1 point. That's a lot of levels for minimal gain. a high Def (to pick a random stat) growth mother on a low Def base child without RNG blessing or reclassing won't become high Def simply on the growth alone.
  • Morgan gets to inherit every class that isn't special or gender-locked from their Avatarent, all Kana gets is a much less broken Heart class.
  • No Yato either.

TL;DR- Other than like Mozu b/c Aptitude, when isn't Kana mediocre? (Outside of MyCastle pvp. Where caps and skill variety is all that matters.)

6 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Interesting to see how even for the time war and bloodshed were things that wore down on man, for all the narratives of men being tough in the past it's rather telling how often they themselves will not glamourise their experience.

Samurai, though it was also other less violent members of the Japanese elite including monks, did oft aspire to be cultured. 

And as the "Free from the cloud of attachment" ending indicates, the death poem genre had a Buddhist influence on it. Kenshin himself was celibate though some would claim that was b/c he was a woman in disguise, and devoted himself to the guardian god Bishamonten, leader of the Lokapala (Sanskrit)/Shitennoh (Japanese)- "The Four Heavenly Kings", divinely wrathful deities of Buddhism (his soldiers claimed he was Bishamon).

6 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Profiteer would be nice for low to no grind purposes, the apothecary skills have some niche use and he could grind bows and lances that way, which would be nice for plenty of his classes. Could be worth doing.

I think I'll go ahead.😄 Mozu will benched and Azama will take the seal. Maybe I'll give him Setsuna instead of Oboro too. -But I've yet to decide on whether to bench Oboro for the first time (other than males-only BR) b/c her + Silas + Hinoka + Azama would be four primary Naginata users pre-children (recruited late if possible), one too many for my likings. And if did have Azama specialize in yumi instead, it'd kinda waste his good Def growth since I don't have access to Point Blank.

No Bowzu or long-term Bowzama does leave me with just Takumi as a yumi user until Shura and Yukimura join. Since Reina is thin-skinned and low Skl without Sniper access to fix it, she'll likely see less use than I usually do b/c ironman. Lances are abundant among the Nohrians, and it's a defector from the Nohrian cultural hegemony who shall be my only trained Axe/Club user. Finding good users of the "green(?)" part of the Fates Weapon Triangle in Hoshido isn't easy, as much as "red" (Katana & Scroll) and "blue" (Naginata & Shuriken) are stacked.

5 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Also, Masked Knight here says "my name matters not for the nonce". Does he know where that word has been?

*Checks dictionary*

Oooooh.😯

What sounds like "Old"/Ackually Early Modern English to fancifully weave into a script, wound up becoming a word for that. Let's not make Jedah creepier.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

TL;DR- Other than like Mozu b/c Aptitude, when isn't Kana mediocre?

Something like Elise!Ophelia!Kana or Nyx!Ophelia!Kana can use Dstone+ for  ~70Matk, and the hit problems are migitated by the passed on heartseeker. Can literally one shot the toughest stuff out there. 

Sakura!Rhajat!Kana could also work, by passing Renewal, which synergizes well with her personal

JxAnhfH.png

Those defensive stats ain't bad at all, and with renewal that's like 50% healing every turn or something (don't remember the exact amount). Might need to drop some stat boosters, but not like there're many people who really want those.

(I remember my Nyx!Ophelia!Kana being a bit less degensive, but a bit more magical nukey XD Don't have a pic to show off anymore)

Other than that...yeah, i don't think Kana particularly works otherwise.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Checks dictionary*

Oooooh.😯

What sounds like "Old"/Ackually Early Modern English to fancifully weave into a script, wound up becoming a word for that. Let's not make Jedah creepier.

I'm betting the context is supposed to be "for the moment", but yeah especially with people bringing up an older meaning for that word a pretty decent amount the last while I couldn't not acknowledge it.

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And as the "Free from the cloud of attachment" ending indicates, the death poem genre had a Buddhist influence on it. Kenshin himself was celibate though some would claim that was b/c he was a woman in disguise, and devoted himself to the guardian god Bishamonten, leader of the Lokapala (Sanskrit)/Shitennoh (Japanese)- "The Four Heavenly Kings", divinely wrathful deities of Buddhism (his soldiers claimed she was Bishamon).

FIFY

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I'll go ahead.😄 Mozu will benched and Azama will take the seal. Maybe I'll give him Setsuna instead of Oboro too. -But I've yet to decide on whether to bench Oboro for the first time (other than males-only BR) b/c her + Silas + Hinoka + Azama would be four primary Naginata users pre-children (recruited late if possible), one too many for my likings. And if did have Azama specialize in yumi instead, it'd kinda waste his good Def growth since I don't have access to Point Blank.

No Bowzu or long-term Bowzama does leave me with just Takumi as a yumi user until Shura and Yukimura join. Since Reina is thin-skinned and low Skl without Sniper access to fix it, she'll likely see less use than I usually do b/c ironman. Lances are abundant among the Nohrians, and it's a defector from the Nohrian cultural hegemony who shall be my only trained Axe/Club user. Finding good users of the "green(?)" part of the Fates Weapon Triangle in Hoshido isn't easy, as much as "red" (Katana & Scroll) and "blue" (Naginata & Shuriken) are stacked.

Merchant gets A Bows, just as a reminder.

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

1rjKFiK.png

Not bad, but my Mozus are usually a bit better by that point.

Should be plenty useable.

I assume you don't want me tuse use Est to keep her safe?