New Heroes: Rearmed Robin & More

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IS can quite simply fuck off for giving female Robin two alts this year while male Robin got nothing. (No, Duo Chrom is not a male Robin alt.) This one doesn't even make sense looking at popularity, because in CYL at least she's never been significantly more popular than her male counterpart. Male Robin better be the next legendary if this is how they want to do things.

The rest of the banner is okay (one of my friends is very happy that Gregor is finally in the game), but, uh. This feels like such a nothing banner. And I'm also really annoyed that this isn't an Awakening banner that rounds off the four remaining kids. How the fuck is Laurent not in the game AT ALL?

Cervantes instead of Validar would feel like a wasted opportunity, if it weren't for the fact that Awakening obviously has some banners to go.

Edited by Sunwoo

Well, that's bizarre. I was expecting to hit Fates/Archanea/Tellius before Awakening, and the lineup is... Where's Kellam, or Laurent, or Validar? Or Vaike??? Why are any of these four getting in before them?

I didn't expect to see a Plegian Outfit fit in the Fallen Robin as Grima. It kind of looked like the female outfit of her father used.

Also, I didn't expect that Phila made it in the Banner and also, it looks like she does share the same VA with the Female Morgan.

Edited by King Marth 64

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

(one of my friends is very happy that Gregor is finally in the game)

Yeah, I'm very happy about that much, at least. Gregor is an S-tier character for me, I've been hoping he'd get in the game for the last two or three Awakening banners. I'm glad it's finally happening.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Why are any of these four getting in before them?

Gregor because he's awesome, but the others? Who knows?

I guess another good question is why we're getting another Grima-still-called-Robin in general. We had main pool male Grima who's an armor, legendary female Grima who's a flier, Halloween male and female Grima who kept their same movements, and ... now we're getting female Grima who's an armor but colorless again? Why? What does this Grima represent that the legendary one didn't? Are dragons in as dire of a need for a rearmed weapon than literally any other weapon type? If they were going to make female Robin into a rearmed hero, why couldn't we have the normal female Robin with a new tome or the Levin Sword? And if they're going to argue that legendary female Grima is outdated and needs an updated version, regular female Robin and male Robin are even more outdated and got terrible weapon refines!

I have so many questions.

Does IS hate regular Robin or love Grima persona that much because I cannot for the live of me understand why it's Grima again. I was so excited when I read that title thinking it was regular Robin. 

Gregor and Phila are nice addition, I knew he was gonna be another premium sword but still feel a bit demotivated when his kit revealed. 

Mystic Boost 4 is good now that NFU is a skill, unfortunately tier 3 Atk/spd catch skills and mystic boost skill are so inaccessible it's impossible to inherit all her useful skills onto one unit. Shouldn't it be time to just do away with the whole SI limit thing, with how many T4 skills they wanna cram into one unit nowadays.

Phila's and Ricken's art look really good though.

ANOTHER fallen Robin alt?... Really?....

And it seems clear from this that all re-armed heroes will be unobtainable after their debut banner just like the first one. (But now you can only spark once to make matters worse.) Does this means we're going to have a new hero banished to the void every month now? I really despise that... It is going to be a real pain to have an ever growing list of "can't be obtained outside of focus banners" units; they should have just gone the duo/harmonic route and made them exclusively seasonal units if that's the way they wanted them to be. 

Definitely going for Robin and Eir. Hope I get at least one of the two so I can spark the other.

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

Well, that's bizarre. I was expecting to hit Fates/Archanea/Tellius before Awakening, and the lineup is... Where's Kellam, or Laurent, or Validar? Or Vaike??? Why are any of these four getting in before them?

I mean, the remaining playable male characters from Awakening are pretty much equal in terms of importance and popularity, so they could have released any combination of two of Ricken/Gregor/Kellam/Vaike/Laurent and the banner wouldn't have been that much different. People were likely going to complain/celebrate regardless. Also, I think with Phila, every Awakening waifu is in the game in some form.

And I've said it before, and I'll say it until the very end. Kellam needs to be added to the game by simply adding him to your barracks as a 4*. No notice, no banner, no announcement, nothing. You start the game and he's there. That's it. And his first castle quote is that he says he's been there the whole time. Then he's added to the Grail Units in the next update.

Edited by Jave

So, unless the 3Hopes banner and this one are just anomalies, this means we're likely to get an Ascended AND Rearmed hero every banner ... which means we're essentially getting one less new character, aren't we? Since we're only getting Ricken since Eir is not an Awakening character. If we'd gotten, like, Ascended m!Robin instead of Eir would we have gotten Ricken?

Fuck this.

Yeah, this banner is actually pretty ass even though Ascended Eir and Gregor are cool. Awakening (or really any game) did not need a second banner in the same Book, especially when Phila is one of their best ideas of a character worth adding into FEH.

But the thing that irritates me the most is Reamed F!Robin. Besides being yet another "not actually Robin", you're pretty much forced to use her inheritance on another armored dragon because her two inheritable passives are both armor only. And by the way, there's a grand total of just two armored dragons (Winter Fae and Halloween Dheginsea) who do not have a Prf weapon already. Amazing design choice, IS.

38 minutes ago, Othin said:

Where's Kellam, or Laurent, or Validar? Or Vaike??? Why are any of these four getting in before them?

Gregor's CYL6 rank was higher than any of those four, so that's why he's here. Phila is here because they wanted a third girl and she was pretty much the only option left without dipping into the 2nd Gen.

And as for Validar specifically, they're clearly avoiding him on purpose at this point. But hey, we're at least getting our first armored GHB unit since Flame Emperor (yes, really).

Edited by Tybrosion

On the one hand I lreally ike Phina being in. She got dealt a really bad hand in the original awakening so its nice to see her get to show off a bit more of herself here.

But with both a Re-armed hero and Eir it also mean we got only one actually playable character and that in Awakening. A game where the last several awakening banners also decided to just toss in bosses and unrelated stuff in their banner.

Its cool to see Gregor, but there's still Ricken, Kellam or Laurent.

Robin: Fell Tactician looks pretty fun as another fast Save Tank, and she introduces A/S Near Save! She neutralizes armor weakness and got charge+1 on the A slot. Arcane Grima is basically Slaying, guaranteed follow-up, true damage, and healing. For comparison, Arcane Blade got Slaying, guaranteed follow-up, follow-up denial, and Guard, so the two Weapons are a bit similar. She reminds me of Hector: Brave Warrior a bit, but with functional Spd stat at the cost of dragon weakness.

Gregor is basically Arvis/Saias, and got Slaying and first hit damage reduction if you really want to use him in combat. Solid Ground is awesome for Def stacking Mila and Dancers/Singers that counter her.

Eir: Life Ascendant got Slaying, Null Follow-Up, Miracle, and a bunch of Atk; she also got her Sparkling Boost on C. Mystic Boost 4 is basically just Null Staff at the end of the day.

I normally do not care about units like Phila, but I think it is awesome that she is finally playable. I think it was a missed opportunity in Awakening that she was not playable in her home game.

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

Where's Kellam

He has always been in the game. We just never noticed him.

Wondering who else is left from Awakening? Laurent and Validar come to mind, there’s Kellam too.

I do like the design of the new Robin, but feels weird to have an arcane breath first before something more common like a lance or an axe, which many heroes could benefit from.

Also, not Cervantes being added as the ghb. It feels so out of place lol.

Eir seems tempting, but we’ll likely get the new Veronica soon so, perhaps it’s better to keep saving.

Mystic Boost 4 would be great on my Brave Seliph, so I can change his Seal instead of running Double Mystic Boost.

Solid Ground would be welcomed on my Mila.

Arcane Grima looks to be a good weapon for Fallen Rhea, then she can heal 14 HP after combats.

But Rearmed Grima is also a great unit. She was made as a Near Savior, but she also works great as a Far Savior if you give her DC Dragons. Since she is immune to effective against dragons, she could Bea good Chrom counter.

5 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Its cool to see Gregor, but there's still Ricken, Kellam or Laurent.

We are getting Ricken.

2 minutes ago, Karuu30 said:

Wondering who else is left from Awakening? Laurent and Validar come to mind, there’s Kellam too.

Vaike, Kellam, Laurent, Validar, and the base versions of Noire, Inigo, and Severa are all that come to mind.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Arcane Grima looks to be a good weapon for Fallen Rhea, then she can heal 14 HP after combats.

Oh damn, I just realized how soon her Weapon basically got completely outclassed, and she was just released a few months ago in May this year. With Arcane Grima, she gains guaranteed follow-up (and lose that stupid Wary Fighter penalty), true damage on each hit, and healing. In return, she does not get follow-up denial, which is not too big of a deal, as modern tank busters will come with Null Follow-Up anyways to cripple or kill her, and regular nukes are not going to make much of a dent even if they hit her twice. Just throw on Escutcheon or Pavise with Warding Stance for more damage reduction.

38 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

So, unless the 3Hopes banner and this one are just anomalies, this means we're likely to get an Ascended AND Rearmed hero every banner ... which means we're essentially getting one less new character, aren't we? Since we're only getting Ricken since Eir is not an Awakening character. If we'd gotten, like, Ascended m!Robin instead of Eir would we have gotten Ricken?

Fuck this.

It's not yet clear how things will look in the long term, since these don't seem like the most normal cases. I certainly hope they aren't planning on making the new standard 3 new + 2 alts.

As an Awakening fan, this got to be the worst banner they ever introduced of that game.

First of all, we already got one at the beginning of Book 6.

Female Grima again!? And do dragon really need an Arcane weapon right now?

No comment about Gregor or Ricken.

Phila... really? I mean I understand that Awakening is getting low on units, but surely Vaike or Kellam are more popular than her despite being males.

Eir wasn't surprising so no comment either.

But here's the thing that really piss me off. And don't get me wrong, it's 100% bias...

...But why it is that it's Gen 1 again!?

Like come on! Not even a single Gen 2? Severa? Inigo? Noire? Not even Laurent? 

It's the third Awakening in a row about Gen 1! They couldn't at least have just one!?

Very bad banner, Eir and Grima won't be able to carry this banner for certain.

Edited by Nym

10 minutes ago, Nym said:

As an Awakening fan, this got to be the worst banner they ever introduced of that game.

First of all, we already got one at the beginning of Book 6.

Female Grima again!? And do dragon really need an Arcane weapon right now?

No comment about Gregor or Ricken.

Phila... really? I mean I understand that Awakening is getting low on units, but surely Vaike or Kellam are more popular than her despite being males.

Eir wasn't surprising so no comment either.

But here's the thing that really piss me off. And don't get me wrong, it's 100% bias...

...But why it is that it's Gen 1 again!?

Like come on! Not even a single Gen 2? Severa? Inigo? Noire? Not even Laurent? 

It's the third Awakening in a row about Gen 1! They couldn't at least have just one!?

Very bad banner, Eir and Grima won't be able to carry this banner for certain.

Yeah, and with a gen two banner maybe we could have gotten Exalt Lucina over this travesty. 

8 minutes ago, Nym said:

Personally, I'd give that dishonor to Mirabilis and More though that's because I really don't like Mirabilis or Anna.

That said, this banner is also all-time bad. I'm getting REAL tired of waiting for base Severa myself so these constant Gen 1 banners aren't doing much for me either.

But hey, I guess IS doesn't want my money because I ain't spending any on another "Robin" alt.