New Heroes: Rearmed Robin & More

Fire Emblem Fan

XENO MAKING WITH THE LOOKING NOW.

• Dragon units are now getting a nice new toy to use, and unlike Arcane edgelord sword it has more universal appeal for all dragons, not just the slow/bulky ones.
    ReGrima herself is also finally giving speedy Armor units some love in A/S Near Save, something I'm sure Valentine Lucina will appreciate from dear mother. Presumably ReGrima will be an all-around good stats unit ala LegGrima. I guess there's really not all that much complicated about Grima as a whole, she just wants you dead. Now who to think about giving that nice shiny weapon to... Nowi seems like a pretty good candidate, even if it comes at the cost of those nice Armor skills.
  • GREGOR BEST FOOTSIE BLADEBOY.
    Not a whole lot to say about him otherwise. The actual in-combat effects of his weapon are pretty simple overall (basically amounts to all stat -5 debuff on the enemy and first-attack damage reduction), but the fact that he inflicts that nasty a stat debuff on the enemy which then gets further hit by the additional penalty-based debuff is... well, pretty nasty.
    Also serves as the designated fodder unit in a semi-roundabout way. We now have the Def version of Still Water, as well as an extra source of Inf.NFU. Both of which are nice to have.
  • ...oh hell no not another Annand. At least she isn't a 5* I guess...
  • Can I be honest, as someone who likes Eir? That music playing during her reveal... I'm not a fan of it. I know Eir isn't exactly the most chipper girl out there, and her entire background stands on a mountain of rotting corpses and despairing souls, but the music just sounds somber without even a shard of hope for what's to come, which by now Eir should have.
    ...anyway, gonna go out on a limb and say that even without the pseudo-GF and needing a Far Trace in her B slot, Eir is a better Harmonic Leif. Just my opinion based on this information presented to us. Mystic Boost 4 is a nice upgrade to what was otherwise just an alright skill (looking forward to this being put in the HoF pool), Sparkling Boost 1 can probably be replaced with... literally anything else.
  • Does this mean Hayato is gonna be a 5* unit if or when he gets in the game? Also, seriously Ricken?

LOOKS LIKE LITTLE SUMMONER BOY WITH PLUSHY SPIDER WILL BE MAKE GOOGLY EYES FOR RED ORBS AND ORBS MAKING NAKED WITH NO SHAME.

Edited by Xenomata

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grima has more alts than Robin does now. What a world.

I am rather upset at the precedent of Rearmed and Ascended sharing banners but only getting a single spark. I thought IntSys would be alternating Rearmed and Ascended every month like sane people, but this is gonna cause some serious problems for people aiming for both -- like me, who will be spamming Colorless orbs and has had the questionable fortune of being pitybroken by Asc!Florina several times in the same banner.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

We are getting Ricken.

Ah never mind then. In that case go Phila being in Feh.

Shame Ricken wasn't allowed to bring his pony though. Him having a super tiny horse was like the best part about him.

6 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Shame Ricken wasn't allowed to bring his pony though. Him having a super tiny horse was like the best part about him.

It's okay, he's got rabbits instead because someone had to get stuck with Gronnrabbit+ and it might as well be him (a character that was practically guaranteed to be a demote).

Phila could have utilized Awakening's Falcon Knights staff rank to be a staff flier, but sure, let's have more useless instant demote lance fliers. At least it fits the number of fucks characters actually give about Phila in Awakening.

Well darn. I can't decide whether the new Fell F!Robin is cool or boring. XD But wow, we got some nice Awakening units this time! I'm amazed that Phila got in! (Except not really since she's female?) It'd be great to finally be able to play as her! And I'm so happy that Ricken and Gregor are in! And Ricken's bunny tome... XD So cute! Poor guy just wants to be taken seriously and relied upon.

As for Eir... Eh. I would like to hear more from her, but we'll at least get that in more TT+'s. And it looks like this Robin will only be available during this event unless another event featuring her comes up. I guess I'll have to pass, sadly. Still trying to get Halloween dragons. But man, they've kind of done Fallen Robin to death, haven't they? Legendary Robin, Fallen Robin, both Halloween Robins, and now this... I love a good villain, but... Well, at least we got the Morgans as fallen heroes to get a little break from that, huh? (But when will Validar appear to be a proud papa of all the fallen progeny?)

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Cervantes instead of Validar would feel like a wasted opportunity, if it weren't for the fact that Awakening obviously has some banners to go.

Very few. Awakening has 8 characters left on CYL. Six playable characters (Inigo, Severa, Noire, Laurent, Kellam and Vaike), Excellus and Validar. They could do that in two banners but with alts and ascended and rearmed I think excepting three new characters per banner is more realistic. So amoung the non cyl characters the only options I can see are Pheros, that Valkyrie working for Walhart (I think that's her name) and...Old Hubba. Probably Pheros as she could work better as a GHB. Other than that, yeah, they're not going any more minor than Mustafa on the boss front. So three banners max for Awakening before it's all existing characters.

Grima instead of regular Robin seems a sensible choice to me, in that the Rearmed weapon that can be passed to any dragon is way more relevant than a single-colour tome. Let mage Robin be Ascended or Legendary or whatever. That said, she's irrelevant to me because a Rearmed hero full of armour-exclusive skills means nothing to my playstyle. And I say that despite the fact that I'd probably come back and grind orbs just to spark a red Rearmed tome to give to Titania.

Other than that, whatever really. I'm sure Eir is good considering the volume of her text. I like Gregor as a character but his class in FEH and his art aren't doing anything for me. And there's no blue unit on the banner to comment on.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Very few. Awakening has 8 characters left on CYL. Six playable characters (Inigo, Severa, Noire, Laurent, Kellam and Vaike), Excellus and Validar. They could do that in two banners but with alts and ascended and rearmed I think excepting three new characters per banner is more realistic. So amoung the non cyl characters the only options I can see are Pheros, that Valkyrie working for Walhart (I think that's her name) and...Old Hubba. Probably Pheros as she could work better as a GHB. Other than that, yeah, they're not going any more minor than Mustafa on the boss front. So three banners max for Awakening before it's all existing characters.

I'm holding out onto the hope that they'll include Validar as a GHB with the remaining gen 2 characters. If they don't include him at all though when characters who were even more minor and unimportant were, and given us a literal Risen boss as a GHB in his place, then I'll rage.

He's still in a better spot than Jedah and normal Rudolf at least.

46 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm holding out onto the hope that they'll include Validar as a GHB with the remaining gen 2 characters. If they don't include him at all though when characters who were even more minor and unimportant were, and given us a literal Risen boss as a GHB in his place, then I'll rage.

He's still in a better spot than Jedah and normal Rudolf at least.

I'm sure we'll get him as a GHB eventually, as I said, three banners left and two major GHB candidates. Question is wether they'll give us Excellus before him or not. I also wouldn't expect all the kids at once. Indigo or Severa will probably be thrown in with Kellam and Vaike for colour balance (unless they give Inigo an axe, but that'll all depend on what ascended unit they couple the next banner with).

An Awakening banner only needed Gregor and they got him, so the banner's still worthwhile no matter who else is on it. Which is fortunate because geeh...talk about bottom of the barrel stuff. Yet another Grima, some background character Awakening killed off and the kid mage that never really got to be all that popular. 

I think both an ascended OC and a re-armed female being on the banner has a lot to do with FEH quickly running out of female characters. I don't think there's anyone left of Awakening's first gen so if they wanted a full Awakening banner they'd need an all male one with Vaike and Kellam, which IS naturally wouldn't want to do.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

Well, that's bizarre. I was expecting to hit Fates/Archanea/Tellius before Awakening, and the lineup is... Where's Kellam, or Laurent, or Validar? Or Vaike??? Why are any of these four getting in before them?

My thoughts exactly.

l’m more disappointed than I expected, and I’ll admit a large part of that is because I REALLY wanted Fates this month. It keeps getting bypassed; last year Fates had a New Heroes banner in July. 

I’m lukewarm towards Gregor. I like that he at least kept his voice from Awakening, or at least has a new VA that sounds very similar. I don’t care about Phina at all as a character, and like Gregor, she looks underwhelming for a 5-star unit.

I’m ambivalent about Rearmed Robin. Something feels off about her art. She doesn’t quite look like female Robin and it’s hard to explain why. From a character standpoint, she seems like a rehash of Grima-possessed Robin, so I’m not especially interested. I’ve never liked female Robin’s design, but here I like the art and her outfit. She’s brimming with sociopathic glee, and I really hope if Peri ever gets an alt, she’ll be drawn by this artist. 

I’m happiest about Ricken, though I definitely would’ve preferred Kellam or Vaike, in that order. Ricken sounds curiously like Hayato in the video, and I wonder if he’s now voiced by Ben Diskin (who did a superb job with Hayato’s lines.)

Ascended Eir looks like a very fun unit to use, and her art is gorgeous.

I’m about as annoyed with Cervantes leapfrogging Validar and being added as a GHB as I am about Arete doing the same to Shura on last year’s Fates banner. It’s not even about characters I’m indifferent to being added before characters I like; both Validar and Shura are objectively more important characters to their games’ storylines than Cervantes and Arete.

I’ll end my mild rant on that note, and hope that Shura is on the next Fates banner at least as a GHB to make up for my disappointment.

9 hours ago, Jave said:

Definitely going for Robin and Eir. Hope I get at least one of the two so I can spark the other.

I mean, the remaining playable male characters from Awakening are pretty much equal in terms of importance and popularity, so they could have released any combination of two of Ricken/Gregor/Kellam/Vaike/Laurent and the banner wouldn't have been that much different. People were likely going to complain/celebrate regardless. Also, I think with Phila, every Awakening waifu is in the game in some form.

And I've said it before, and I'll say it until the very end. Kellam needs to be added to the game by simply adding him to your barracks as a 4*. No notice, no banner, no announcement, nothing. You start the game and he's there. That's it. And his first castle quote is that he says he's been there the whole time. Then he's added to the Grail Units in the next update.

That would be hilarious! I can imagine scrolling through my units, then seeing him and saying, “Whoa! When did Kellam get here?!” I also really like Kellam as a character.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

We also haven't gotten Trickster Anna. If they do two batches of four, I could see her getting in over Excellus.

I don't know how likely that is, but with 5 new characters being the standard up to the end of 2021, it seems like it'd be really soon to drop all the way down to 3. The only regular New Heroes banner that did 3 before was the extremely controversial Morgans one back in 2018.

FOR THE LOVE OF NAGA, DON'T LET THIS BECOME A TREND! JUST ALTERNATE BETWEEN ASCENDED AND REARMED LIKE YOU DO WITH DUO/HARMONIC HEROES!

That being said, I must say that I'm really satisfied with the 4 Awakening characters they chose.

I see many fans getting mad about Phila and Cervantes (just like they did with Mustafa back in the day) but I'm so glad for their inclusion. Let's speak frankly. They could have just picked Vaike and Kellam in their place and completed the gen 1 playable cast. They could have done that. They could just as easily give us Severa, Inigo, Noire and GHB Laurent in 2024.

And then what? Try to sell us a banner with Phila, Cervantes, Validar and Excellus GHB in 2025? IMHO it is better to space the remaining playable characters out a bit more, to sell us the remaining PCs and using NPCs as demotes. The next banner can be Severa, Laurent and Validar with a Pheros GHB. The one after can be Vaike, Kellam and Trickster Anna, with Excellus GHB.

The final one can finally bring out Noire, Inigo and Old Hubba with... Idk freaking GHB Raimi I guess. Or they could even give us the random Maiden that Chrom can marry for the heck of it and I would love it. She would be better as a forever alt-hell character for the Bridal Banner tho.

Maybe I'm the only one that sees things this way but IMHO there is no way this game (who still sells more than any other Nintendo mobile game) is closing down in a few years and there's also no chance we don't get the entire playable cast of Awakening before The End of Service (now Tellius and Jugdral... I worry) it's just a matter of getting them sooner or later.

But characters like Mustafa, Phila and Cervantes? There was a chance of never getting them at all, so I'm very happy we dodged that timeline. As much as I love Kellam and Vaike (which is A LOT) it's more important to give some spotilight to neglected characters.

Long live the Minor NPCs! IS you better not disappoint me! In the next Archanea banner I want to see Lang, in the next Tellius one I want to see Elena/Jarod/a senator, in the next Binding banner I want to see Sigune, and I better get Ephidel in the next Blazing one. There can be no Sacred Stones banner if there's no Glen and Echoes really needs to hurry up and give me Irma and Massena. Fates needs all it Captuable Bosses, Three Houses needs Ladislava, Randolph and Fleche and with Jugdral there are just so many options that I can't even pick one.

Which is why, as i said at the very beginning of this post: YOU BETTER ALTERNATE BETWEEN ASCENDED AND REARMED OR YOU WILL TASTE MY FURY!

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Personally, I'd give that dishonor to Mirabilis and More though that's because I really don't like Mirabilis or Anna

That banner aged horribly as well, especially with all the times it could be voted before finally being put down. That said, aside of Mirabilis, I agreed with all the units chosen.

10 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, and with a gen two banner maybe we could have gotten Exalt Lucina over this travesty.

Agreed.

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Personally, I'd give that dishonor to Mirabilis and More though that's because I really don't like Mirabilis or Anna

That banner aged horribly as well, especially with all the times it could be voted before finally being put down. That said, aside of Mirabilis, I agreed with all the units chosen.

10 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, and with a gen two banner maybe we could have gotten Exalt Lucina over this travesty.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

I see many fans getting mad about Phila and Cervantes (just like they did with Mustafa back in the day) but I'm so glad for their inclusion. Let's speak frankly. They could have just picked Vaike and Kellam in their place and completed the gen 1 playable cast. They could have done that. They could just as easily give us Severa, Inigo, Noire and GHB Laurent in 2024.

Yeah, while I still think holding out on Vaike for so long is baffling, I agree that spacing out the Awakening cast like this is for the best. Besides, at least Awakening has NPCs popular enough to be added to FEH!

As for this banner... I'm going to echo what others have said and say that making "Robin" another Grima alt was a bad move. I'm glad we got those Valentine's alts, but Grima? Again? I'm not a fan of the outfit either, but I can at least appreciate the nod to the Plegian aesthetic. Also, this Grima seems to be a "best of both worlds" between F! and M!Grimas (i.e. being armored but being female with a Prf A Skill) so hopefully the next "big" Robin alt we'll get is the real Robin. It is interesting to see a Grima built for Spd though, since neither Grima nor Robin have specialized in that in FEH thus far. That said, since her fodder is entirely Armor exclusive, foddering her is going to be a waste to anyone but another Armored dragon, and most of those have good Prfs already.

As for the others, I'll probably try to get Eir for collection purposes and I'm so happy that Gregor got a Prf weapon instead of making him the obligatory male demote you'd expect from these things - though that's also hilarious timing considering Rearmed Lif was just last month. I don't have any strong thoughts on the others, but I'm glad we're getting more skills added to the 3/4* pool.

Edited by DefyingFates

I quite liked Mirabilis and More, personally. All solid picks in my book, in particular I've always been fond of Gangrel and Mustafa.

All the new Awakening characters here are ones I assumed would show up eventually, but I would have put them further down the list. I keep hoping for Vaike and Validar on every Awakening banner and they keep not showing up.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Besides, at least Awakening has NPCs popular enough to be added to FEH!

I’m pretty sure 351st in CYL6 isn’t what most people would call popular. The only games that actually have popular enough NPCs at this point are Three Houses (Lambert, Cornelia, Rodrigue) and TMS (Maiko, Barry).

Oh and old dude August, from the most obscure game in the series, placed higher than Phila in CYL6. Like I said earlier, they literally only picked Phila because they wanted a third female.

5 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

FOR THE LOVE OF NAGA, DON'T LET THIS BECOME A TREND! JUST ALTERNATE BETWEEN ASCENDED AND REARMED LIKE YOU DO WITH DUO/HARMONIC HEROES!

That being said, I must say that I'm really satisfied with the 4 Awakening characters they chose.

And then what? Try to sell us a banner with Phila, Cervantes, Validar and Excellus GHB in 2025? IMHO it is better to space the remaining playable characters out a bit more, to sell us the remaining PCs and using NPCs as demotes. The next banner can be Severa, Laurent and Validar with a Pheros GHB. The one after can be Vaike, Kellam and Trickster Anna, with Excellus GHB.

The final one can finally bring out Noire, Inigo and Old Hubba with... Idk freaking GHB Raimi I guess. Or they could even give us the random Maiden that Chrom can marry for the heck of it and I would love it. She would be better as a forever alt-hell character for the Bridal Banner tho.

Maybe I'm the only one that sees things this way but IMHO there is no way this game (who still sells more than any other Nintendo mobile game) is closing down in a few years and there's also no chance we don't get the entire playable cast of Awakening before The End of Service (now Tellius and Jugdral... I worry) it's just a matter of getting them sooner or later.

But characters like Mustafa, Phila and Cervantes? There was a chance of never getting them at all, so I'm very happy we dodged that timeline. As much as I love Kellam and Vaike (which is A LOT) it's more important to give some spotilight to neglected characters.

Long live the Minor NPCs! IS you better not disappoint me! In the next Archanea banner I want to see Lang, in the next Tellius one I want to see Elena/Jarod/a senator, in the next Binding banner I want to see Sigune, and I better get Ephidel in the next Blazing one. There can be no Sacred Stones banner if there's no Glen and Echoes really needs to hurry up and give me Irma and Massena. Fates needs all it Captuable Bosses, Three Houses needs Ladislava, Randolph and Fleche and with Jugdral there are just so many options that I can't even pick one.

Which is why, as i said at the very beginning of this post: YOU BETTER ALTERNATE BETWEEN ASCENDED AND REARMED OR YOU WILL TASTE MY FURY!

Maybe they changed the format a bit now, in that Ascended heros are really ascended heroes. And rearmed heroes will be alts of existing legendary/brave/heroes.

But then again this is IS and they have no trackrecord of consistency when it comebto this type of stuff. (See various mythic/legendary/ascended heroes)

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I’m pretty sure 351st in CYL6 isn’t what most people would call popular. The only games that actually have popular enough NPCs at this point are Three Houses (Lambert, Cornelia, Rodrigue) and TMS (Maiko, Barry).

I meant to say "recognizable", but I get your point. My bad!

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

But then again this is IS and they have no trackrecord of consistency when it comebto this type of stuff. (See various mythic/legendary/ascended heroes)

True, but I think it would have been fine if they kept the 2 sparks from Lif's banner. Going back down to one spark while keeping two premium units with special mechanics (and one that isn't even going to the main pool at that) is the bit that rubs me the wrong way. But I don't pay attention to summoning odds that much so I could be overlooking something there.

43 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Maybe they changed the format a bit now, in that Ascended heros are really ascended heroes. And rearmed heroes will be alts of existing legendary/brave/heroes.

I wouldn't extrapolate much from one banner. My guess is that they'll keep throwing either one around on whoever they want to make alts of, we'll just have to see over time how that turns out.

Next month should be an interesting test, since for the finale of the TT series, we're likely to get Ganglot, who's a new character. Unless they make her count as a Rearmed or Ascended unit, we'll have to see if they give all three 5* slots to Rearmed/Ascended units, or drop one of the two, or what.

Same deal with the Book 7 OC expected in December. Personally I'm hoping we'll start alternating between the two: Rearmed in November, Ascended in January, etc. (They could do it the other way around, but skipping Rearmed first seems like it'd be weird when it's newer.)

Yeah, this is a banner in FEH alright. Grima-Robin instead of regular Robin, lance flier demote (cool to see Phila, though), infantry sword 5*, and...a game that really didn't need another New Heroes so soon.

I'm disappointed that we aren't getting two sparks again for a banner that has both a Rearmed and Ascended unit. Since Eir is going to be in the standard summoning pool and Robin is not, I guess I'm just not pulling for Eir, then. Hopefully she'll end up pity breaking me as often as all of the other Ascended units have been because they've been pity breaking me a lot.

Grima looks pretty nice. Her weapon's existence means I can give it to Halloween Naga instead of spending Grails to give Nil's weapon to her.

Dragons are kind of in a stupid position as far as Arcane Inheritance goes since all of the fancy new dragon-exclusive skills have 4 skill tiers, but the older units that only have up to the third tier are all still stupid rare. But I guess we can at least get both Arcane Grima and Dragon Wall 3 at the same time, which isn't too bad (even if Dragon Wall is already the easiest to get of the dragon-exclusive B skills).

A/S Near Save is nice. I would have preferred S/D Near Save, but I suppose A/S Near Save is good enough for Lucina.

Her art is really nice, though I feel this is what they should have done for Legendary Robin instead of just giving her her boring Tactician outfit. Hopefully, male Robin will at least get his Grandmaster outfit in his Legendary version if he isn't going to be a Grima (or even if he is a Grima).

Eir looks interesting. Her HP is low enough that even at +10+5, she regenerates enough HP with Mystic Boost 4 to put her back above the threshold to activate her weapon's Miracle effect again. Sparkling Boost feels like a waste of a skill slot, though, especially since other units have been getting stronger versions of their previous exclusive skills.

I believe Gregor's weapon is the first skill that activates at the start of the opponent's turn. That's pretty fancy, even if the effect itself doesn't significantly benefit from it. All it really does is make it a bit easier to hit things with the debuff when baiting enemies at you. And lets it get through False Start, I guess.

Solid Ground is a thing, I guess. It doesn't really look like Gregor is the best unit for it, though, since it seems he does want to have a boost to Spd. There aren't really many units that actually use an out-of-combat Def comparison, though, unlike Res. And I'm not really convinced that it's worth giving Mila 1 more point of Def in exchange for losing 11 points of Res.

Rein Lance is pretty cool.

Edited by Ice Dragon