Website loading/running slow?

indigoasis

I'm not entirely sure if this topic fits here, and it might just be me for all I know, but for the past few days whenever I open this site, it loads slower than usual; same deal with navigating to other parts of the site. Every other website I visit elsewhere loads up perfectly fine, it's only this site that I'm having problems with. I don't know if it's happening to anyone else, but I've never had this problem occur until recently as far as I can remember.

It might just be something on my end that I have no clue about, but is this issue happening for anyone else? I've restarted my computer, and I've checked on Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, and the site is running slow on all of them. It's about the same on mobile whether I'm connected to Wifi or using Data. If anyone has any solutions or information they can share, I would super appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

• indigoasis changed the title to Website loading/running slow?

I'd say I've noticed similar behaviour lately, mainly on the forums.

Seconds added on for loading times for topics, the notification for new posts when you're on a thread being notably slower to load, when you do click to load posts that too is slower than previously. I haven't seen it for loading pages on the main site, but I just was trying some image loading and maybe it could be happening there too? I am running on a pretty reliable and quick network for this today, so to see these issues on this network has been noteworthy but I've been seeing it on other connections as well.

Edited by Punished Dayni

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I've seen this as well. It certainly seems to be a problem with the forum.

Every darn time you reply to something, I have to wait twice as long for notifications to load and then actually load the post, and you do it a lot, so I've lost a good 25 minutes overall these past few days from long load times. Your lore is getting hard to catch up on.

It's noticeably slow, but just regular enough where you dismiss it as bad wifi. It's the worst kind of trolling. I'm gaslighting myself into thinking I'm the problem. Data, mobile, pc, It's all slower than usual. Think i tend to wait at least 13 seconds on average whenever I try to look at a new post, as opposed to something like 3 to 5 normally on my end. 

1 hour ago, Shaky Jones said:

Every darn time you reply to something, I have to wait twice as long for notifications to load and then actually load the post, and you do it a lot, so I've lost a good 25 minutes overall these past few days from long load times. Your lore is getting hard to catch up on.

You gotta suffer for the Ruben Lore.

It's noticeably slow, but just regular enough where you dismiss it as bad wifi. It's the worst kind of trolling. I'm gaslighting myself into thinking I'm the problem. Data, mobile, pc, It's all slower than usual. Think i tend to wait at least 13 seconds on average whenever I try to look at a new post, as opposed to something like 3 to 5 normally on my end. 

No yeah, that's the site. Or it's one big coincidence and your internet happens to have died on you at the exact same time, but I doubt it somehow.

Ok, glad to know it's not just me! It might be something with the hosting service then if that's the case.

7 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I haven't seen it for loading pages on the main site, but I just was trying some image loading and maybe it could be happening there too?

Main site definitely seems alright, it's just the forums that are running slow.

15 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

It looks like complaining really was the solution all along!

Don't forget the friends we made along the way!

...nvm, it's slow again.

Edited by indigoasis

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Y'know, funny how that is. It's working better for me, but I didn't even think to mention it. Just took it for granted.

Well, now I'd like to be grateful for the website working at normal speed again.

I will put all the blame on you if it gets slow again. Until then, I am delighted to acknowledge the curing of the site's loading plague.

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Well, now I'd like to be grateful for the website working at normal speed again.

Until then, I am delighted to acknowledge the curing of the site's loading plague.

We Did It We Saved The City GIF - We Did It We Saved The City Patrick -  Discover & Share GIFs

• 1 month later...

The Engage traffic was hitting us pretty hard, so I've taken the liberty to address it with the latest upgrade. Should be better for now, though I'm keeping an eye on things.

• 7 months later...

Have the forum loading times increased for other people as well, kinda since beginning of September?

It´s weird, because sometimes the forum loads normal (usual when entering the site for the first time a day) and other times (especially noticable when submitting new topics) the forums will take a couple seconds to load.

14 hours ago, Imuabicus der Fertige said:

Have the forum loading times increased for other people as well, kinda since beginning of September?

It´s weird, because sometimes the forum loads normal (usual when entering the site for the first time a day) and other times (especially noticable when submitting new topics) the forums will take a couple seconds to load.

I'm not sure. How about we ask the new bot that just joined? They don't seem to be having any problems adding onto Slowrenes.

Yes, the site is performing pretty badly on my end this past month. Except for literally right now. Funny.