Prediction Time! What will each Emblem be called, have or do?

DefyingFates

So far, both Marth and Celica have different titles: the Emblem of Beginning and the Echoing Emblem respectively, so it's apparent that every other Emblem will have a title based on their game in some way as well. There were some fun suggestions in the JP tweets thread, but I thought it may be fun to make this its own conversation. So, what do you think?

UPDATE: Now that we know what half of the Emblems do, I thought it'd be time to give this thread an update to now also ask what you think they'll do and what weapons they may have. The ones we've seen so far are already plenty powerful after all and pay homage to their home titles: how do you think the rest will homage their past selves and origins? Also, do you think there'll be any duds in the batch?

P.S. As of this update, we're still missing info on Corrin, Lyn and Byleth and know nothing at all about Leif, Roy, Eirika, Ike, Micaiah or Lucina.

Edited by DefyingFates

Given that "Echoing Emblem" is apparently a thing, I'm not expecting much in the way of creativity here. I would not be surprised if they just went all in with references to the titles of the Emblems' home games. So, something along the lines of Emblem of the Holy War, Emblem 776, Binding Emblem, Blazing Emblem, Sacred Emblem, Emblem of Radiance, Emblem of Dawn, Emblem of Awakening, Fated Emblem, Emblem of the Houses. I'm hoping that they don't go quite that literal (especially for Leif and Byleth), but I'm very much the type to set my expectations low so I can be pleasantly surprised.

Sigurd: Emblem of Genealogy

Leif: Emblem of Liberation

Roy: Emblem of Binding

Lyn: Emblem of Blades

Eirika: Emblem of Sacredness

Ike: Emblem of Radiance

Micaiah: Emblem of Dawn

Lucina: Emblem of Awakening

Corrin: Emblem of Fates

Byleth: Emblem of Flames

I figure it'll probably be something related to the title of the games they appear in. It's hard coming up with more unique titles for some of them, honestly, but if I could give them titles, it'd probably be something like:

Spoiler
  • Sigurd: Emblem of the Ages
  • Leif: Inheritor Emblem
  • Roy: Emblem of Destiny
  • Lyn: Emblem of the Wind
  • Eirika: Emblem of Restoration
  • Ike: Radiant Emblem/Brave Emblem
  • Micaiah: Emblem of the Dawn/Radiant Emblem
  • Lucina: Awakened Emblem/Legendary Emblem
  • Corrin: Emblem of Fate (original, I know, but it's the most fitting title imo)
  • Byleth: Emblem of Hope

For the other Lords not featured in the game:

Spoiler
  • Alm: Emblem of Deliverance
  • Seliph: Emblem of the Light
  • Eliwood: Blazing Emblem
  • Hector: Unbound Emblem (idfk, help)
  • Ephraim: Twin Emblem (I CAN'T FIGURE THIS ONE OUT EITHER, FUCK)
  • Chrom: Exalted Emblem
  • Azura: Emblem of Revelation
  • Alfonse: Heroic Emblem
  • Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude: literally no fucking clue

Sigurd: Emblem of Holy Blood

Leif: Emblem of Gotta Capture 'Em All

Roy: Emblem of Seals

Lyn: Emblem of Wind

Eirika: Emblem of Restoration

Ike: Emblem of Sothe's Children

Micaiah: Emblem of Dawn

Lucina: Emblem of Masks

Corrin: Emblem of Fateslandia

Byleth: Emblem of Ashes

Most characters can easily use the titles of their games for their emblem names, but as for the ones that can't

• Leif - If they don't go with "Emblem of Thracia", they could go with Emblem of Unification
  • Lyn - "Emblem of Blazing/Blazes" works fine on it's own, but it's not very befitting of Lyn who's more associated with Wind. So the "Emblem of Wind" or the "Emblem of the Plains"
  • Eirika - If they don't go with something like "Emblem of Sacredness", I think "Emblem of Restoration" would be the best option
  • Corrin - "Emblem of Fate" works perfectly in English, but the Japanese title is "Fire Emblem if", which doesn't work as well. It's the Female Corrin who is more associated with Conquest/Anya Ōkoku (Dark Night Kingdom), but she's originally from Valla, the Invisible Kingdom. So maybe something like the "Emblem of Possibilities", "Emblem of the Dark Night", or "Emblem of Ivisibility".
  • Byleth - Byleth has the opposite problem of Corrin, due to the poetic nature of the Japanese name, "Emblem of Fukasetsugetsu" could probably work just fine, but that won't work in English. "Emblem of Houses" doesn't work, and "Emblem of Hope" is no good either since they aren't the protagonist of Three Hopes. "Emblem of Flames" is literally just making them the Fire Emblem, so that's no good. He also gets different titles in the ending depending on what route you're on, so that's no help. Maybe they can be the "Emblem of Possibilities" in English while Corrin uses that title in Japanese?
Edited by Mysterique Sign

I think Byleth could either go Emblem of the Ashen Demon or Emblem of the Fell Star

For Corrin It's def "Emblem of Fate(s)" and in japanese they'd go for something similar to the heroes epithet which (using google translate) it's "Choose the future prince/princess." Obviously that sounds wrong in english but I assume it's okay in japanese

Edited by Crubat

On 11/2/2022 at 9:33 AM, Crubat said:

For Corrin It's def "Emblem of Fate(s)"

You nailed it!

For the others, we now have titles for Lyn and Byleth:

Spoiler

Lyn the Emblem of Blazing and Byleth the Emblem of the Academy.

What do you all think the other six Emblems will be called? And as the updated main post said, I thought it'd be fun to speculate about the Emblems' abilities and weapons now too, now that we have more information on how they work.

Hope this is fun for you all!

Edited by DefyingFates

Leif, Emblem of Thracia, gets Fates-style capture. Playable generics time.

...That's not what I think he'll get, but it's what I'm hoping he'll get haha. Being real, I expect it's more likely for him to give growth boosts (scrolls) and hitrate/avoid boosts (leadership stars). The obvious thing would be some manner of implementation of the capture system, but that's too big a mechanic for the scope of the rings, I think. Then again, seeing how broken some of the other emblems are, I wouldn't be that surprised if he did get some limite form of Thracia capture.

Now that Ephraim is a non-zero possibility, I think Eirika/Ephraim duo can be called "Twin Emblem". Their gimmick would be change to the other person after each engagement, with new abilities and weapons.

As for Leif, I hope he will get enemy capture, because the generics here look so good and varied! Generic runs is also my favorite type of Fate challenge too. If not that, I hope at least he will have weapon stealing, which is also pretty unique and fun

On 12/1/2022 at 5:48 PM, kienquocsi said:

Their gimmick would be change to the other person after each engagement, with new abilities and weapons.

The Sigurd trailer insinuated this (it'd also explain how Ephraim snuck into the trailer to begin with), but I really hope it's just a menu option a la Corrin's Dragon Vein. I don't know how fun it'd be to have to wait three/ four turns just to swap Emblems. I guess it'd help if you could choose which twin you started with, now that I think about it...

Anyway, here's what I've had on my mind for some of the Emblems, starting with those two. All weapons are listed in the order you'd unlock them:

---

Eirika/ Ephraim: Twin Emblem (or maybe even Eclipse Emblem to play up the Lunar/ Solar theming?)

Eirika: Excalibur, Latona, Sieglinde, Ephraim: Garm, Nidhogg, Siegmund

This arrangement lets them represent all five nations of Magvel AND have a varied inventory (which is why Ephraim has Nidhogg instead of Eirika having Vidofnir). If they want to commit to the "they're completely different" thing, one of them could also be mounted. Likely Ephraim since Eirika was depicting as an infantry unit in the mural.

---

Leif: The Unifier Emblem

I think he's going to be a support Emblem like Byleth, with a bunch of different weapons divided among different wielders. There are 13 Holy Weapons (including a staff) in Jugdral so if you added Light Brand and some generic weapons (or even Meisterbogen) you could reach Byleth's implied 17. As for skills, considering Fates had capturing and Engage is clearly taking inspiration from it there's a chance it could return. Ditto for stealing equipment! It'd be like Ashe being able to pickpocket regardless of Class in 3H.

---

Lucina:

Geirskogul, Thogn, Parallel Falchion

Skill: Future Vision: % chance to nullify damage from an attack - basically the opposite of Divine Pulse since both are associated with the future (Lucina) and the past (Byleth) respectively. I want those two to have a support now...

---

Ike: Radiant Emblem

Ettard, Urvan, Ragnell

Engage Attack: Radiant Aether? Just a really big attack that also heals.

---

Micaiah: Silver Emblem

Rexaura, an offensive staff (I don't know who else would have one), Thani

Skill: Sacrifice, something that heals AND nullifies penalties as in Heroes. Naturally Thani would likely be buffed enough to be better than Rexaura.

---

That ended up being more than I expected to have, but there it is I guess. What do you think? I don't know what Roy could have beyond the name "Emblem of Binding" and Binding Blade being a weapon that can also heal the user.

45 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Lucina:

I think Lucina can have Rightful King or some skill to boost chain attack and chain guard, which looks like this game's version of Dual Attack/Dual Guard, since Awakening is the first game to introduce those mechanics

Also, I hope Lucina will have something other than Geirskogul and Thogn, since FEH exclusive weapons just... doesn't seem appealing to me. Thogn appears on the mural though, but so does Corrin's Dragonstone and we don't actually she it in her inventory, so finger-crossed. (I'm actually surprised Corrin's dragon form only *partly* appears in Torrential Roar; it is as irrelevant as in her own game lol)

Micaiah: Silver Emblem

I still dig the name "Dawn Emblem" more, just to reference the game's name

I don't know what Roy could have beyond the name "Emblem of Binding" and Binding Blade being a weapon that can also heal the user.

I think making Roy a full-on dragon racist would be hilarious, so dragon-effective skill, Wyrmslayer, Binding Blade, etc. I was about to say reaver weapons are a good choice too, but Corrin has something like the Dual Katana/Naginata already. Maybe the Rune Sword for more 1-2 range option?

Speaking of the Rune Sword, I hope Nosferatu makes a comeback one way or another too. Maybe Miccy will have Nosferatu, who knows

Edited by kienquocsi

21 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Maybe the Rune Sword for more 1-2 range option?

Binding Blade was already a 1-2 range weapon, so that may be redundant. I think bringing back -reaver weapons is a good call though! Hey, there can be two people using them!

21 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

I still dig the name "Dawn Emblem" more, just to reference the game's name

You're right, I take my idea back. Another good call!

I guess Roy could kinda reference how Flare Blade worked in Smash Bros and have his Engage Attack just be a strong attack that hits several opponents, but has no other side effects(like how Sigurd dashes through foes or Corrin makes water tiles). I think his set could play into the tactical side of Roy's character, some mix of the Wyrmslayer/Armorslayer for effective damage, Runesword for healing and maybe Poison Sword(this is a stretch) to inflict the new poison weapons. And the Binding Blade, of course.

I think Micaiah could potentially have Purge in her kit somewhere, especially if they're referencing 3-13. Either as a tome or her Engage Attack, like how Lyn has a long range move for her Engage attack.

Looking at Bows from Awakening, the only ones that are really of note are Astra(already covered by Astra Storm), the Towering Bow and Glass bow(for the lols) and the Superior Bow, which beat other Bows. That could be somewhat useful here with the Break ability. Other than that, I think the ideas already presented here are pretty good. 

I can see Leif being called the Emblem of Liberation or smth like that. I feel like he's the hardest one tbh.

Roy will probably be the Emblem of Flames or Binding, some shit like that.

Eirika will probably just be the Emblem of the Sacred Stones tbh. Twin Emblem would be better but since the pattern is 'Emblem of ...', the Sacred Stones works best.

Ike will be the Emblem of Radiance while Miccy will be the Emblem of Dawn.

Lucina I can see as being the Emblem of the Future, or the Emblem of Change. Something along the lines of her changing fate or coming from the future, without stepping on Corrin being the Emblem of Fates.

The English Engage website has confirmed the remaining Emblems' titles. Honestly nothing too unexpected apart from arguably Leif (and even then it's a clever reference):

Leif - Emblem of Genealogy

Roy - Emblem of Binding

Eirika - Emblem of the Sacred

Ike - Emblem of Radiance

Micaiah - Emblem of Dawn

Lucina - Emblem of Awakening

===

image.png

I do wonder what this first sync skill Leif has is, though it seems to resemble modern Critical imagery. (This is from the Celica trailer where the cursor hovers over a Bond 10 Rosado + Leif.) Having what appears to be Vantage, in tandem with Adaptability, is going to make initiating on Leif (including an enemy with Leif's ring) rather difficult without either avoiding the triangle, or exploiting range blindspots - lest you either get broken, or countered with great force against a fragile unit trying to evade the triangle.

• 4 weeks later...

So we know what all the Emblem titles are, but each Ring also has a name.
Marth's ring is the Ring of the Hero-King, Celica's is the Ring of the Caring Princess, and Sigurd's is the Ring of the Holy Knight.

What will the other rings be called?

I'm guessing Ring of the Prince of Unification for Leif, Ring of the Lady of the Plains for Lyn, Ring of the Lady of Restoration for Eirika, Ring of the Silver Haired Maiden for Micaiah

2 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

So we know what all the Emblem titles are, but each Ring also has a name.
Marth's ring is the Ring of the Hero-King, Celica's is the Ring of the Caring Princess, and Sigurd's is the Ring of the Holy Knight.

What will the other rings be called?

I'm guessing Ring of the Prince of Unification for Leif, Ring of the Lady of the Plains for Lyn, Ring of the Lady of Restoration for Eirika, Ring of the Silver Haired Maiden for Micaiah

In most cases the rings just address the Emblems by their epithets, so, as per the Japanese website:

Leif: 賢王の指輪 - 賢王 is not used so far for Leif in Heroes, but I believe the fan translation is Sage King. I suppose it could also be Wise King... Also note that Elusia's king Hyacinth has the same epithet of 賢王.

Roy: 若き獅子の指輪 - Ring of the Young Lion

Lyn: 草原の公女の指輪 - Ring of the Lady of the Plains

Eirika: 碧き風空の指輪 - normally Eirika is referred to in Japanese as 碧の優王女 (Restoration Lady), and of more importance, Ephraim is 碧の勇王 (Restoration Lord); note my emphasis on the 風 for Eirika and 空 for Ephraim. In this case, 碧き風空 being transliterated as 'azure wind and sky' may end up making the ring be something like 'Ring of the Restoration Twins'. Localisation can and will pull the rug from under us though so...

Ike: 蒼炎の勇者の指輪 - Ring of the Radiant Hero

Micaiah: 暁の巫女の指輪 - Ring of the Priestess of Dawn

Lucina: 聖王女の指輪 - I don't 聖王女 has been ever translated with 'Exalt(ed)' in English. Given 聖王 is used as both Exalt and Exalted Prince for Chrom, they could go with 'Ring of the Exalted Princess' or just 'Ring of the Exalt' as well.

Corrin: 未来を選びし者の指輪 - not exact, but Heroes uses 未来を選びし王女 or Fateful Princess; I'd probably expect the ring to be 'Ring of the Fateful Princess'.

Byleth: 導き手の指輪 - 導き手 is not used in either 3H or Heroes. None of the end game epithets feel particularly appropriate. The closest is フォドラを導く者 which is The Fodlan Star (M) / Light (F) in FEH. If I'd hazard a guess, options could be 'Ring of the Guiding Hand' or 'Ring of the Guiding Star' (not Light as that's associated with F!Byleth).