Sign in to follow this  
AnonymousSpeed

You must pick one character to give Knight as their Heart Seal class

4 hours ago, LoneRecon400 said:

Base Ch 16 Felica has 80 hit on the Beast Stone + Nine tails (Ch 16 Jakob also has 77 hit). Even if you miss, you could always just shelter them out of danger.

Though I got to ask, how do you take care of them? 66 odd  avoid is rough for anyone. Offensive staves are one of the more accurate options against them. What do for them instead?

I often have a good Corrin for them to get debuffed attacking (well, unless it's an illusion turn for them, at least). Also, terrain affects the accuracy of status staves, and they move freely through forests. This being said, I often attack them from range (particularly with anti-beast weapons) because as stated before, they can do jack shit about it.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Out of the Conquest-recruitable cast, I would probably go with Charlotte (her status as inevitable Xander-statstick aside).

Charlotte's primary problem as a unit is her absolutely garbage defensive stats; a stiff breeze will knock her over even with her strong HP growth. The 15% (20% compared to Berserker) growth bonus to Def from Knight-tree classes is nice, but not the primary reason said tree would help her; it's the skills.  Defense +2, Natural Cover, Armored Blow and Pavise are all options for dramatically improving her ability to handle attacks from physical opponents, and both promotions for Knight are capable of wielding Axes, so training/maintaining effectiveness during the re-class period would be a non-issue for her (as opposed to Troubadour, which...I am uncertain what the devs were thinking, there, other than fanservice).

On 11/15/2022 at 11:39 PM, EdeaCreamer said:

as opposed to Troubadour, which...I am uncertain what the devs were thinking, there, other than fanservice

Probably that it was the sort of class Charlotte would try to present as being- a frail support unit. Very neat line of reasoning, though.

On 11/15/2022 at 6:39 PM, LoneRecon400 said:

1) Effie never really needs Strength tonics while doubling. 2) And you're not applying a Speed Tonic every chapter. They should be only used when their relevant for benchmarks. You're not going to put a Speed Tonic on her for Ch 17, 19, and 25 for instance.

1) I´m not going to do the math for this. Though I did mess about with numbers last week in cq22 and she does need STR tonics there. Pretty sure she already fails 1rkoing in cq13, she´s got 22 str, Iron Lance is 7 Might and the enemies have 13-19DEF on the meaningful ones + neutral/bad WT.

2) So Effie doesn´t consistently double? ok

goalposts or some idk

You only reclass for the final level, so it's really 124 Hit for the most of it. Combined with the Skl/Luk Tonic plus Attack stance that's 139. Add on Inspiring song and that's 144. That's enough to consistently hit the normal beaststone and Rune Kitsune, and a freeze staff will even out the nine tails evasion.

yeah, gaining 29 hit for -1HP-1STR-2SPD-2DEF

we´ve reached levels of investment that´d make Mozu blush, for a skill

When did I ever claim that averages don't matter? All I'm claiming is that units need less levels to hit benchmarks with cooking.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:13 PM, LoneRecon400 said:

Losing out on a couple stats that are not even guaranteed

Promoted 15/1 GK Effie averages 22 Strength and 13 Spd. With a Steel Lance, her personal, and C Lances, she reaches 36 atk. With a Speed Pair up, that's enough to one round the paired up Knights and Wyvern Riders in Ch 13, even considering weapon triangle disadvantage with the latter.

By Chapter 22 she can rely on Rally Speed, so she can get a +Str Pair up instead of just a straight speed one. An average 15/12 GK Effie averages 31 Str and 19 Spd, so with a Berserker Pair up, Rally Speed,  and Speed tonic, she reaches 54 Atk and 29 Spd with a Steel Lance. That's enough to one round the Paired Oni chieftains, who are substantially bulkier than anything on the map. (And she wouldn't even need the tonic if you allowed cooking.) 

So no, an early promoted Effie does not require Strength Tonics to be capable of one rounding all game long. 

I dont understand why you'd complain how Effie can't double some of the fastest enemies in conquest when it doesn't even benefit her. She can simply opt to one shot ninjas and kitsune instead, which is a lot more useful than just having overkill Speed.

What investment? A Heart Seal is really the only thing of value lost, and an infinite amount of them become available 2 chapters later. The easiest way of beating that chapter has always been just setting up a juggernaught and having them solo sections of the map. This may take more thought and positioning, but it's not really that much different in terms of investment.

For someone who's claiming that an early promoted effie does not consistently double midspeed enemies or one round, you sure aren't providing any numbers to actually proves that claim

Edited by LoneRecon400