If Pokémon Scarlet & Violet gets an Expansion Pass like how Pokémon Sword & Shield handled, what type of content do you like to see in the Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Expansion Pass?

King Marth 64

Since Pokémon Scarlet & Violet is going to be releasing this month. What do you think if Game Freak is going to put in the possible Expansion Pass for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet similar to like how Pokémon Sword & Shield was handled? Since Pokémon Sword & Shield Expansion Pass had given two new areas to explore, new story plots that flesh out the parts for Sword & Shield, & managed to give amount of returning Pokémon to come back to Sword and Shield. I do think it's possible that we could see it happen for the upcoming Pokémon Scarlet & Violet to get an Expansion Pass happen later on.

I do think we could see in the DLC are:

1. Maybe have more than two areas to explore like maybe like three or four areas for variety.
  2. Maybe add a bunch of past Legendries for DLC similar to like the ones Crown Tundra brings them back. And we could see a few Galar Legendries be involved.
  3. Maybe add Mythical Legendary Pokémon to catch in one of the DLC areas.
  4. If Scarlet & Violet still haven't added the remaining Pokémon for the Pokédex at launch due to too much Pokémon handling for criteria work time, I think we could see the full Dex in the Expansion Pass.
  5. I think the Paldean Forms of the Legendries that I possibly think we might see are Paldean Latios, Paldean Latias, Paldean Mew (be the first Regional Form for a Mythical Legendary Pokémon), & Paldean Legendary Beasts.
  6. Maybe more members of Team Star that haven't appeared in-game, possibly remaining members of the DLC area.

For my ideal Paldean Forms of the Legendries might possibly have are:

1. Paldean Latios - Dragon/Fighting
  2. Paldean Latias - Dragon/Ghost
  3. Paldean Mew - Psychic/Fighting
  4. Paldean Entei - Poison
  5. Paldean Raikou - Ground
  6. Paldean Suicune - Ice

If you had an ideal list for a possible Expansion Pass for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet that you would like to see it happen for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, you can post them here.

Edit from 11/20: Since Pokémon Scarlet & Violet had been released, be sure to put spoiler tag down for Post-Game & Post-Game Ideas for the DLC to make sure the readers and posters don't get spoiled in-game spoilers.

Edited by King Marth 64

Remember when it wasn't exclusively DLC, but an obscure cave or side quest that took place on the edges of the region? Or how something like the Delta Episode was something that was mainly there to give you something to do after the Hall of Fame?

I really miss those days.

But at any rate, I see that you're playing Opposite Day with the legendaries; I can't really see something like Raikou becoming an ground type without an complete rename

Edited by Armchair General

12 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

If Scarlet & Violet still haven't added the remaining Pokémon for the Pokédex at launch due to too much Pokémon handling for criteria work time, I think we could see the full Dex in the Expansion Pass.

I don't see them adding the whole Dex back into any mainline game, unfortunately. Doing so as DLC would be terrible, in terms of optics. Basically admitting "yeah, we could've fit them all in from the start, Dexit was never a technical necessity." They'll widen the Dex in DLC, sure, but not to the nearly 1000 in the Nat Dex.

Maybe have more than two areas to explore like maybe like three or four areas for variety.

Perhaps a new sub-region could be based off the Canary Islands, or maybe Ibiza? Since they are territories of Spain, which is Paldea's principal inspiration. 

Maybe add a bunch of past Legendries for DLC similar to like the ones Crown Tundra brings them back. And we could see a few Galar Legendries be involved.

This will probably happen, yes. Since the trend beforehand was adding old legendaries to "third versions" (i.e. Ultra SM) or same-gen remakes (i.e. ORAS), neither if which I imagine we'll see in Gen IX. More likely, they'll stick with the Sword and Shield method. Which would be... fine, I guess.

I think the Paldean Forms of the Legendries that I possibly think we might see are Paldean Latios, Paldean Latias, Paldean Mew (be the first Regional Form for a Mythical Legendary Pokémon), & Paldean Legendary Beasts.

Recent games have also been willing to expand upon existing trios (i.e. Regieleki, Regidrago, Enamorus). I could see that happening again. Maybe a fourth Legendary Beast, or another Sword of Justice?

8 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Recent games have also been willing to expand upon existing trios (i.e. Regieleki, Regidrago, Enamorus). I could see that happening again. Maybe a fourth Legendary Beast, or another Sword of Justice?

The Swords of Justice are inspired by the Three Musketeers and D'Artagnan, so building on them would be kind of odd. But if they chose to do so, I'd accept it. Maybe the new one could be a Dark/Fighting or Ghost/Fighting type based on Zorro?

The easiest addition I see is Regiwood, a Grass-type titan. I'm also surprised we haven't seen a Dark-type titan yet, to represent all the types weak to Fighting.

Edited by Lord_Brand

5 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

The Swords of Justice are inspired by the Three Musketeers and D'Artagnan, so building on them would be kind of odd. But if they chose to do so, I'd accept it. Maybe the new one could be a Dark/Fighting or Ghost/Fighting type based on Zorro?

Zorro could be great, for a region based on Spain! Maybe with more of a fox-like aesthetic. That said, Zorro is technically an American creation... Perhaps a new Sword of Justice could be based on Don Quixote? Say, a Fairy/Fighting type with the look of a wizened old man. Ooh - he could be found "tilting at windmills", among the wind turbines!

5 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

The easiest addition I see is Regiwood, a Grass-type titan. I'm also surprised we haven't seen a Dark-type titan yet, to represent all the types weak to Fighting.

Regiwood would fit excellently with the original three titans, since they're all based on a certain kind of substance (Stone, Metal, and Ice). Regigigas as a Normal-type makes some sense - as the "trio master" a Normal-typing feels the most "neutral". I don't really think they were going for an "all types weak to Fighting" trend. Rather, I think it just turned out that way, because of how good an offensive type Fighting is.

As for Regieleki and Regidrago, they don't really seem to fit the "material" trend of the original three Regis. Perhaps instead of being based on a certain kind of matter, they're each intended to based on a type of energy? Regieleki is clearly an embodiment of electricity, while Regidrago has a signature move called "Dragon Energy". In this context, perhaps a Dark-type Regi could fit - either as a representation of dark matter, or of dark energy.

Don Quixote is another interesting suggestion.

The energy suggestion is interesting - makes me think a Fire-type Regiheat would be a good followup. And if Grass and Fire Regis are added, it'd only make sense to add a Water Regi as well, perhaps representing a "fluids" category of which Poison could also eventually be part. Ground could get Regiclay as a further addition to the materials group, not to mention a nod to the most traditional material for crafting golems. Funnily enough, the dark matter/dark energy concept might be better represented by Ghost or Psychic, Ghost because it's the type actually associated with darkness as an element, Psychic because it also seems to be associated with physics, though I could also see those types forming a mind/heart/soul trio with a Fairy-type Regi. A Dark-type Regi would represent well the concept of anarchy or chaos, being the type that would be most associated with criminals and villains. A Fighting-type Regi could likewise embody order, honor, discipline, and "true fighting spirit". Sooner or later, we're probably gonna have Regis of all 18 types.

I could see Paldean variants of the Beasts being Ground (Entei), Ice (Suicune), and Flying (Raikou). Like the birds, they could get signature moves that reference their original types, like Burning Earth, Cleansing Blizzard, and Thundering Storm.

On 11/8/2022 at 10:17 PM, Lord_Brand said:

I could see Paldean variants of the Beasts being Ground (Entei), Ice (Suicune), and Flying (Raikou). Like the birds, they could get signature moves that reference their original types, like Burning Earth, Cleansing Blizzard, and Thundering Storm.

I guess that might work for Ground-type on Paldean Entei. But how would a Flying-type of a Paldean Raikou would work? Is it like have clouds around his feet and that makes him fly in the air? (I was kind of picture something similar to like Kaido and Momonosuke from One Piece that the Fish-Fish Fruit Model Azure Dragon form (An Eastern Dragon) have Flame Clouds to make them able to fly in the air.)

Edited by King Marth 64

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

I guess that might work for Ground-type on Paldean Entei. But how would a Flying-type of a Paldean Raikou would work? Is it like have clouds around his feet and that makes him fly in the air? (I was kind of picture something similar to like Kaido and Momonosuke from One Piece that the Fish-Fish Fruit Model Azure Dragon form (An Eastern Dragon) have Flame Clouds to make them able to fly in the air.)

They could play up the cloud aspect, yeah. Perhaps have it stand on a single large cloud. Come to think of it, very few Flying-type Pokemon have used a method of flight other than wings to justify them being flying-type. Like, imagine if there was a Flying-type Pokemon based on a magic carpet? Or a Steel/Flying type with propellers? But yeah, I like the idea of a Raikou variant that's Flying-type and themed on clouds, providing a thematic connection to the Electric type.

Edited by Lord_Brand

Ok, so since Pokémon Scarlet & Violet officially been released. I do wonder if this would get explored more in the Expansion Pass for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet.

I'll might put some game spoilers down in the spoiler section that might explore in DLC content:

Spoiler
  • Maybe one of the explored more areas that covers more from the plot twist of the two Professors that we knew were robots from the beginning at the finale and the robot versions explained that the real ones had died from before the beginning of the game. I'm definitely think this would bring up some post-game content in DLC areas exploring more fate of the Professors where they were killed at and maybe Arven will be there in the post-game DLC will be there discovering what happened to his parents.
  • I have no idea what to put in for Nemona in terms of DLC wise so far. Maybe she would be on the quest in one of the DLC areas for Post-Game wise.
  • Maybe add some remote Team Star members for DLC wise that haven't appeared in the in-game and later in post-game have the remote members founds out that Penny was their leader the whole time and maybe the rest of the Team Star Bosses from in-game would appear as well and might tell to the DLC Team Star members that their mission was already done and have been disbanded. And later in after Post-Game DLC is done that Director Clavell will forgive the remote Team Star members that they didn't get the memo from Penny and the rest of the Bosses had been disbanded Team Star as well.
  • Maybe the Paldean Legendary Beasts or other Paldean Form Legendary Pokémon will be involved in the DLC story. I might pick that Remote Team Star will might try to catch them, but the protagonist had to hunt it down similar to like the Galarian Legendary Birds were handled.
  • Since Serebii.net updated the locations of the Legendaries with four other Legendaries and I don't quite see the Third Main Legendarish Pokémon appeared in the game. I do wonder if this would make the Third Main Legendary be the mascot for whole Expansion Pass for Scarlet & Violet.

Edited by King Marth 64

I'm thinking the expansions could expand on the Past/Future theme, either by exploring other concepts through that lens or by adding, say, alternate timelines, time travel, or extraterrestrial stuff Notably, both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra provided the player with a choice of two forms for their Legendary or two Legendaries, so I'd expect DLC for SV to do the same.

Though I'm not fond of the Galarian fossils, I do find their 1/2 + A/B combination style interesting and would like to see that explored through other Pokemon, including legendaries. Say, a choice of four different legendaries, perhaps a bipedal humanoid or a quadruped plus either the past or future treatment. On that note, fossil legendaries in general would be novel. In fact, the concept works so well that I'm surprised they haven't done it already. Maybe the legendary fossils are broken into pieces, and in order to resurrect them, you must find all the pieces and assemble them?

I'm also expecting to see more Paradox Pokemon. I'm already picturing a future version of Machamp called "Iron Arms" that would be Fighting/Steel.

On 11/20/2022 at 2:39 AM, Lord_Brand said:

I'm thinking the expansions could expand on the Past/Future theme, either by exploring other concepts through that lens or by adding, say, alternate timelines, time travel, or extraterrestrial stuff Notably, both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra provided the player with a choice of two forms for their Legendary or two Legendaries, so I'd expect DLC for SV to do the same.

Though I'm not fond of the Galarian fossils, I do find their 1/2 + A/B combination style interesting and would like to see that explored through other Pokemon, including legendaries. Say, a choice of four different legendaries, perhaps a bipedal humanoid or a quadruped plus either the past or future treatment. On that note, fossil legendaries in general would be novel. In fact, the concept works so well that I'm surprised they haven't done it already. Maybe the legendary fossils are broken into pieces, and in order to resurrect them, you must find all the pieces and assemble them?

I'm also expecting to see more Paradox Pokemon. I'm already picturing a future version of Machamp called "Iron Arms" that would be Fighting/Steel.

Yeah, I guess the DLC of exploring the Past and Future in Paldean Region might be good, but wouldn't that like cause affecting time if you catch Pokémon that is from the Past or Future in Present Time of Scarlet & Violet?

Also, would the Past & Future routes be exclusive to Scarlet DLC be Past and Violet DLC be Future similar to like Klara being exclusive in Sword side of Isle of Armor while Avery being exclusive in Shield side of Isle of Armor?

Edit from 11/22:

Posting some spoilers from in-game that I managed to find that might show some signs for the possible Expansion Pass for Scarlet & Violet.

Since there is two books in the school library had two drawings in Scarlet & Violet exclusive of mentioning two unseen Pokémon saying this as an imaginary Pokémon. It looks like these two Pokémon could be for the possible Legendaries for the possible Expansion Pass and our speculation of the Paldean Legendary Beasts might be semi-expected but the drawing looked like two Legendaries are completely morphed Legendary Beast Trio and Sword of Justice Trio.

Edited by King Marth 64

11 hours ago, Perkilator said:

First and foremost, I seriously hope they patch out all the technical issues this game has.

Umm.... that would technically making a new patch to fix the bugs, that wouldn't be DLC Expansion Pass related. I do hope that Game Freak make a new patch to fix some of the bugs going on for the game before Christmas time since we're about close to December since the others that didn't have the game yet might going to get the game on Christmas. I still think we might possibly get an announcement of the Expansion Pass some around next year similar to like Sword & Shield Expansion Pass was handled.

Edited by King Marth 64

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 7:08 AM, Teabox Gremlin VA said:

THE KALOS REGION. THEY'RE LITTERALLY RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. I'M A GEN 6 BABY. I NEED MORE KALOS CONTENT.

Absolutely based, my friend.

On 12/8/2022 at 12:08 PM, Teabox Gremlin VA said:

THE KALOS REGION. THEY'RE LITTERALLY RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. I'M A GEN 6 BABY. I NEED MORE KALOS CONTENT.

If only we'd gotten Gen V remakes by now. Then Gen VI remakes would have been a perfect follow up.

Given that Paradox Pokemon are one of SV's new things, I could see there being more Paradoxes being introduced via DLC. Got a couple ideas:

• Mystic Aura - A Fighting/Psychic-type that resembles Lucario.
  • Iron Ears - A Normal/Electric-type that resembles Lopunny.

I could see additional badges or equivalents being tied to type pairs, stats, or other factors.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, I managed to add some updated DLC Expansion Pass ideas when I was playing Pokémon Scarlet.

I did mentioned about adding some new Team Star members in the remote areas as Remote Team Star members like the unexplored areas for example. But when I was beating the Team Star Bosses, I did noticed they had mentioned this in their conversation after their defeat while I was playing Scarlet. It gave me a new idea to give some ideas for Team Star's involvement in the DLC areas.

Spoiler

Since the Team Star Bosses had mentioned that they started causing havoc around in Paldean and reputation of the academy. They did mention that they did this so that they can get rid of the bullying that they had that happen in the academy.

It gives me an idea that maybe we could see some new antagonists for the Gen 9 DLC who were the bullies that were picking on the Team Star members in the past and maybe we could see in those DLC areas. And maybe in the post game content for DLC that we could see some of the Team Star members and Bosses help out the protagonists to stop them. And Director Chivell would might appear in the DLC post game content as well.

Also, I could see some of the Bullies could go after the DLC Legendaries (maybe the Third Legendary we're originally hoping to appear in Gen 9).

Also, I noticed that there isn't any Roaming Legendary Pokémon appeared in Scarlet & Violet, I definitely wondered that some new DLC Legendaries would act the same like the Galarian Legendary Birds were handled, but maybe put them around in small locations in Paldea for easier catching like the Galarian Zapdos was roaming in one Area.

Edited by King Marth 64

The sketches of what appear to be Paradox Suicune and Paradox Virizion give a pretty good idea of what's coming in DLC.

What if we get to visit Past Paldea in Scarlet and Future Paldea in Violet? There could be more Paradox Pokemon introduced this way, and perhaps a new pair of bosses to cap off the DLC.

Paradox Eevee and Eeveelutions would be awesome. My bro suggested a Future Eeveelution could be a combination of all of them, which made me think of a robotic Eevee with multiple different "modes" based on its evolutions.

Paradox Pikachu seems like another obvious choice. My bro suggested the Past version could be more squat like the Gen I Pikachu.

• 1 month later...

Okay so I'm going to bump this since the recent Pokémon Presents did just announce yesterday that Pokémon Scarlet & Violet are getting the Expansion Pass that we hoped and now they're called "The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero" and we are getting two-part DLC like the Sword & Shield Expansion Pass.

So, they did confirm the mascot Legendaries of Part 1: The Teal Mask and Part 2: The Indigo Disk. (I definitely think those three other Pokémon had to be the Legendary Trio for The Teal Mask since they're based off from the creatures of Momotaro.)

Since they pretty much didn't show any gameplay footages for the two Parts yet since Part 1 is at Fall 2023 while Part 2 is on Winter 2023. I'm going to predict that The Teal Mask might possibly have focus on four Legendaries (the four new Pokémon introduced in The Teal Mask), but I do think we'll might possibly see some returning Legendaries or Paldean Regional Form Legendaries in Part 2: The Indigo Disk. (I do wonder if the Blueberry Academy might show some unexplored stuff in Paldean Region since we did saw it's on the Sea)

Since we did get a Tera Raid Battle for the mysterious Paradox Legendaries that was shown from the books (till March 12th). I definitely wondered if the drawings supposed to be indicating that the two of them could have been Fusion Forms with the other four Legendaries from Johto and Unova since they looked a lot different from the ones that were showcased it.

So for the Blueberry Academy, I don't know if putting the Remote Team Star members might going to happen since this is definitely going to focus on battling the main four students in The Indigo Disk arc.

And for Arven theory part, I'm still kind of skeptical about this idea for post-game wise in Part 1: The Teal Mask and Part 2: The Indigo Disk.

Edited by King Marth 64

• 3 months later...

Ok, I need to bump this thread again since I looked at some idea theories for The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero.

I think for the introduction to the Teal Mask DLC similar to like the intro to Isle of Armor was handled in Sword & Shield. I think it's possible we could encounter a new Paldean Form might get introduced and might encounter the DLC rivals that was shown in the artworks when visiting the unexplored areas in Teal Mask.

Pokemon Horizons anime had shown a possible pre-evolution Pokémon of that Legendary Turtle Pokémon that is going to be featured in the Blueberry Academy and I think it's possible that we could encounter the Pre-evolution Turtle Legendary Pokémon somewhere in the start of the Blueberry Academy Arc. Maybe something similar like how Kubfu was handled in Isle of Armor DLC.

I think I got an idea about Penny so far. I think Penny might show up in The Post Game for the Blueberry Academy Arc. Maybe something related to the technology that she is good at since Blueberry Academy looked very advanced.

I'm still skeptical about to do with Arven and Neroma part for both of the DLC. Maybe Arven might get involved in the Blueberry Academy Post Game that might learn his patents used to work for Blueberry Academy and maybe Neroma might show up for Teal Mask Post Game? (I'm still thinking of this.)

Also, since Walking Wake and Iron Leaves had been involved in the Tera Raid Battles, I do think it's possible that bringing one of the two might trigger some in-game event in either the two DLC areas.

Speaking of Walking Wake and Iron Leaves, I do wondered if Paradox versions of Entei, Raikou, Cobalion, and Terrakion might show up on either the future Tera Raids or be involved in the DLCs. Or possibly bringing one of the two might trigger an ingame event and battle them to capture the other Paradox Legendaries.

Lastly, since we're getting close to Summer and they did mention that Teal Mask is going to be around Fall 2023, I do wondered if we're going to get more info and possibly getting gameplay footages of Teal Mask DLC show up in the possible next Nintendo Direct somewhere in June or July.

Edited by King Marth 64