Successful Save Transfer from JAP Maniac Mode to USA Radiant Dawn

AndyOrgan

Hi all.

I've completed Path of Radiance on maniac mode using an English translation of the Japanese version, and would like to transfer my epilogue data to the USA version of Radiant Dawn.

I've followed the instructions from the post here but it always pops up with a message saying the path of radiance save file is corrupted and needs to be deleted.

Has anyone managed to get this method to work?

I've attached my POR save if anyone is kind enough to convert it to a USA one.

Many thanks

Update:

The solution involved using the memory card manager under tools in Dolphin.

I had to change the memory card settings in dolphin so that it's using .gci files rather than .raw, and convert my memory card from .raw to .gci.

Then I changed the J into an E in "GFEJ" the first line using a hex editor, and gave the file the same name as the american save file.

Hope this helps if anyone else had trouble using the other method.

MemoryCardA.JAP.raw

Edited by AndyOrgan
Found solution

Hey Andy, glad you figured how to transfer your Japanese Maniac mode to US Radiant Dawn. I'm just completing my NA hard before transferring to Radiant Dawn Hard.

I may want to revisit POR in the near future for Maniac mode. I've been trying to find a Maniac mode save file so that i can get the Bands and maybe Fixed Mode for my second playthrough (apparently the Japanese Rom won't count my NA POR Hard as a completed game). Will the save file you uploaded allow me to jump into a Maniac mode and be able to get the benefits of a second playthrough? Thanks for any help!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry I never logged back on here so didn't see your message. I've uploaded the contents of my "Card A" folder in Dolphin for you to use in case it happens to be of use to you or anyone else. I suppose you would have to change the save settings to .cgi in the mem card manager to use them.

I'm currently back in this FE world trying to figure out how to get the HD texture pack to work for PoR on Dolphin. I'm currently getting a black and white flash when during battles on enemy phase, and an error at the title screen. Anyone get it working?

Thanks.

01-GFEJ-FIREEMBLEM8J.gci MemoryCardA.JAP.raw

This is the error in case anyone found a solution.

Cheers.

Edit: Disabling Dual core is in a setting in config. Worked for me. The texture pack looks awesome actually.

The same files also seemed to work for the Japanese version except for the weapon icons which is no big deal really. Link below:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-fire-emblem-path-of-radiance-hd-texture-pack

FE9 TexPac Error.png

Edited by AndyOrgan
Found solution