New Trailer

CompteSecours

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how the designs of the people from the different nations get progressively weirder as the trailer goes on. Pretty sure I saw a few characters dressed like they're part of a carnival. 

What if the rumour of no S supports is true because all the characters literally die by the end of the game. 

Edited by zuibangde

On 11/7/2022 at 6:52 PM, KoriCongo said:

Once we are pass axe guy this week/next week, that SHOULD be the last of the Firenesse crew (unless they want to Citrine). I think we would have trailer or gameplay explanation sometime this month, before they start covering characters from outside the country. Maybe not a full Direct, but definitely something that would provide more information akin to Xenoblade 3's trailers. I don't think the red dude we saw in the trailers comes from Firenesse or is Prince Alycot.

Hey, I called it! My abilities in analyzing marketing propaganda grows stronger every day!

There's a lot to analyze in this trailer, but it definitely seems like the blue/red split is actually quite plot important, just like the leaks mentioned. It's kind of disappointing we won't see any real villain rings, but I do enjoy the idea of many of the heroic MCs in the series finally getting a chance to show off some vicious/villainous behaviors, outside of Heroes' Fallen Heroes banners (Red Lyn also looks really good~). I think the most important thing to look at is the insignia on Red Alear's cape at the end. That is incredibly striking and I'm unsure what it means or even who's it for

also lol, marth learned the most powerful ability in his many games and years of service:
lying to your face about plot critical information

EDIT: Looking back at the original trailer, it is simply the same insignia Blue Alear has. It's still a mystery, but its most likely just the insignia of the Land of Lythos.

Edited by KoriCongo

It's hard to say if this will be another "pick your country" game or not but I sure hope it isn't and is just one big group together. That one cutscene with everyone fighting a giant horde gives me hope that we're done with the consistently botched choice thing.

I'm glad that there is a new trailer. I'm a little sad that it was entirely cinematics without any gameplay in sight, but now we know a bit more about the world and characters.

If the "my child" line is literal, and it almost-certainly is, then that would imply that the dying woman at the beginning of the trailer is both Alear's mother and very likely the previous divine dragon to battle the fell dragon (especially since she's shown turning into a dragon to protect him). If so, then that would mean that the protagonist's mother is actually a character this time around, if a posthumous one. The only other FE games I can think of that did that are Path of Radiance and Fates.

In any case, I hope all the cinematics showing dragons hopefully means we will see Alear be able to turn into a dragon. It would be a real shame if they made an FE game where the protagonist is a dragon only to do almost nothing with it for the second time in a row.

Edited by vanguard333

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's hard to say if this will be another "pick your country" game or not but I sure hope it isn't and is just one big group together. That one cutscene with everyone fighting a giant horde gives me hope that we're done with the consistently botched choice thing.

I'm very certain even if it was, the game will be focused around going through all 4 kingdoms no matter what. It's a MacGuffin Hunt.

Going by the leaks, it seems you will recruit someone from everywhere, so there's no real fear of losing content cause of that. Any route splitting seems more based on story than allegiance to one side.

4 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I can confirm it is 100% not a pick your country thing, it's def a linear game with one story.

3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

In any case, I hope all the cinematics showing dragons hopefully means we will see Alear be able to turn into a dragon. It would be a real shame if they made an FE game where the protagonist is a dragon only to do almost nothing with it for the second time in a row.

I hope we see Alear turn into a dragon, the trailer showed off their mom turning into one so we can assume they can too.

LOTS of new things here:

new characters!

new villains look better that TwsitD

Alear potential dragon transformatio it’ll be significant when it happens.

Infamous knight guy from leak page is an antagonist  or a Camus archetype so S Supports are still possible!(maybe he plays as if he was with us early game for a while probably will die the Camus way)

emblems can get corrupted and turn evil.

potential split with Alear maybe not path wise but regarding hair color given it’s significance as the trailer surprisingly wasn’t  a good note good sign of a serious story.

Edited by Chloé Waifu Supremacy

Can’t wait to see it later, can’t watch it now. 
Based on what others have said Marth kept his “cryptic bullshit” powers some of the strongest of all. I don’t like what I’m hearing about a red/blue path though.

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

Can’t wait to see it later, can’t watch it now. 
Based on what others have said Marth kept his “cryptic bullshit” powers some of the strongest of all. I don’t like what I’m hearing about a red/blue path though.

It’s not truly a split path moreso a SMT style but singular.

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

If it’s like SMTVs then that isn’t much better.

V was a low point but SMT been doing path splits and alignment routes for decades. You can't even justify your "once bitten" behavior like that...

1 minute ago, KoriCongo said:

V was a low point but SMT been doing path splits and alignment routes for decades. You can't even justify your "once bitten" behavior like that...

Didn’t ask you, don’t care and I don’t need to justify anything to you.

17 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

It’s not truly a split path moreso a SMT style but singular.

If it's singular, there is no split path. No ?

Joke aside. Nintendo can't make "multipath" like Tactics Ogre or Triangle Strategy. It's too difficult for them.

Will there be a route split like Fates, or a route choice in Three Houses ? I don't think so either... It's a selling point, and they don't talk about it.

18 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

If it’s like SMTVs then that isn’t much better.

Well SMTV sacrifice having a big story especially with Alignments for the Open ended world FE thankfully doesn’t have that since it’s mostly focused on its characters and gameplay.

Edited by Chloé Waifu Supremacy

1 minute ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

Well SMTV sacrifice having a big story especially with Alignments for the Open ended world FE thankfully doesn’t have that since it’s mostly focused on its characters.

Yes SMTV split was bad but it still is the freshest SMT in mind. So that would be the one it would be compared to.

Edited by ciphertul
Wrong two