New Trailer

CompteSecours

2 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Some seem to think we will get 2 royal per kingdom. Alfred and Celine, Diamanté and Alcryst then the dancer girl and Claude 2.0. Elusia is the odd one out right now but if this holds true then I’m gonna guess Abby and the Clown girl will be royals we get. Abby seems like she will be major anyways and the Clown girl seems to have retainers that look very much not like enemies. The clown is also featured on the deluxe poster.

Yup, I was having the same thought. If Abby is an Elusian noble, then we get exactly two lords per kingdom. Which would also give a balanced gender ratio (with Brodia have two male and Elusia two female), making it even more likely. 

Actually, I'd say that two retainers (or affiliated character) per lord again also seems like a good possibility...

Brodia's archer prince Alcryst has two retainers with him (Citrine and pink girl with buster sword). The clown girl has two bodyguards behind her. Céline has Chloé and Louis. Alfred has maybe Boucheron and Ettie? We haven't seen any for Diamante yet, but in a gameplay shot we've also seen a yet unfeatured female (?) lance cavalier wearing his colors so she'd be a perfect fit for that. Then the two men in the desert, etc. That's give us 8 nation lords + 16 retainers + 5 for Alear's crew... Add in a few randoms and you probably have a full cast, so I don't think we'll have that many unaffiliated characters in this one.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Ayra said:

Yup, I was having the same thought. If Abby is an Elusian noble, then we get exactly two lords per kingdom. Which would also give a balanced gender ratio (with Brodia have two male and Elusia two female), making it even more likely. 

Actually, I'd say that two retainers (or affiliated character) per lord again also seems like a good possibility...

Brodia's archer prince Alcryst has two retainers with him (Citrine and pink girl with buster sword). The clown girl has two bodyguards behind her. Céline has Chloé and Louis. Alfred has maybe Boucheron and Ettie? We haven't seen any for Diamante yet, but in a gameplay shot we've also seen a yet unfeatured female (?) lance cavalier wearing his colors so she'd be a perfect fit for that. Then the two men in the desert, etc. That's give us 8 nation lords + 16 retainers + 5 for Alear's crew... Add in a few randoms and you probably have a full cast, so I don't think we'll have that many unaffiliated characters in this one.

This does remind me even more of Fates, 8 royals and their retainers. Man this really seems like Fatesawakening.

21 hours ago, Armchair General said:

But it was kind of foreshadowed that there's something seriously wrong with that sword that was given from Garon when it threw you in the Bottomless Canyon, though

It's now how she was killed, but when.

They killed her with very little time for the player to care. That's bad storytelling.

On 11/19/2022 at 7:37 AM, Mysterique Sign said:

So Firenese have French names, Brodians have gem names, Solmans have Italian names, and Elusians have plant names

Thanks for pointing that out (especially the Brodian and Elusian ones). That's a pretty simple but neat way of giving each nation a theme on top of their climates and visual cultures~

And to mention one name that changed from the early leaks:

Spoiler

Was "Abby" just a mistranslation of the Chinese characters for "Ivy" this whole time? I know Japanese for example uses the same character (but with an accent to differentiate them) for both.

On 11/19/2022 at 2:50 AM, Sentinel07 said:

The subtitles reveal the English names of some characters, such as Lumera for the dragon mom and Veyle as the little girl.

Thank you very much, Sentinel! I guess the English accounts just dropped the ball then with regards to getting the subs added at launch, considering the Spanish(?) subtitles had names right away.

On 11/19/2022 at 5:16 AM, kienquocsi said:

Alfred voice when talking about the kingdoms is so squeaky OMG

Yeah, maybe he has a formal voice and a casual voice? But this is the sort of thing that'd probably get changed with future VO sessions.

On 11/18/2022 at 10:23 AM, Ayra said:

It's more of this but I wonder if Hortensia is recruitable? Ivy was in the main cast but Hortensia feels like an enemy only character unless I missed something. 

6 minutes ago, genesis said:

It's more of this but I wonder if Hortensia is recruitable? Ivy was in the main cast but Hortensia feels like an enemy only character unless I missed something. 

Post 9 on the thread

Edited by ciphertul
Wrong link.

I will say that the Emblems having red and dark clothing when corrupted by evil magic gives a good explanation for why Byleth was chosen as the Three Houses emblem over, say, Edelgard: Edelgard already wears red and dark clothing. How would they make her look corrupted by evil magic? Make her look like Hegemon Edelgard?

14 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I will say that the Emblems having red and dark clothing when corrupted by evil magic gives a good explanation for why Byleth was chosen as the Three Houses emblem over, say, Edelgard: Edelgard already wears red and dark clothing. How would they make her look corrupted by evil magic? Make her look like Hegemon Edelgard?

It also looks like all the corrupted Emblems have red hair, so that could have worked (after all, Roy is a natural redhead with non-red clothes).

But also (and not to start another fanboy war or anything) Byleth is the deuteragonist of all of 3H's routes so there's that too (on top of being the "king-maker" or king/ queen themselves at the end of each route).

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

It also looks like all the corrupted Emblems have red hair, so that could have worked (after all, Roy is a natural redhead with non-red clothes).

But also (and not to start another fanboy war or anything) Byleth is the deuteragonist of all of 3H's routes so there's that too (on top of being the "king-maker" or king/ queen themselves at the end of each route).

I know; I wasn't being serious. I was just making a joke. Celica is also a natural redhead with non-red-&-dark clothing.

As for serious discussion about whether it should've been Byleth or Edelgard, there is another thread for that topic.