New Heroes: Rearmed Ganglot & More

Fire Emblem Fan

6 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I definitely think it's most likely IS isn't bringing back the Aum Staff for Elice in Heroes since none of the playable units gets killed in story wise (even Fallen Male Morgan and Fallen Edelgard did mentioned in the Forging Bonds Event that summoned units can't be killed and Fallen Edelgard and Fallen Dimitri tried to kill each that prevented them to die from summoning) and plus that there was an option in the menu that allows revive every units in the battle field by using the Light's Blessings or Orbs (when the player runs out on Light's Blessings).

It's good to see Nyna returned to Fire Emblem Heroes along with original Hardin and Elice are here as well.

It doesn't need to be directly the same as it is in game. Even giving nearby allies Miracle like Ymir does would be a close enough approximation to the effect.

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm not. The connection to Anna is the only thing going for him. Without it, he's just another forgettable filler character that Archanea is filled to the brim with.

He does have the whole ballista thing working for him too. How exactly that would manifest in Heroes, I'm not sure. But it is interesting.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I'd say that Lorenz (Not Hellman Gloucester) has enough merit to be worth adding as well. I certainly would've preferred seeing him as the GHB instead of Matthis, but I guess they didn't want to go with Lorenz when the previous GHB (Cervantes) was a lance armor (very likely what Lorenz would be in FEH). I suppose they also don't like making armor GHBs (not Grail armors as whole, just GHB ones) in general too given that Cervantes was just the third one (when the previous two were released in 2017 and 2020).

But yeah, at this point Archanea is pretty much out of characters worth adding (except the ones you named) despite still having like 35 playable characters left. If that doesn't tell anyone all they need to know about Archanea's cast as a whole, then nothing will.

I agree Lorenz is worth adding, he's the first that came to my mind when I read the quote your posting; and to add to him, I would say default Xane is also someone we should expect in the coming banners.

1 hour ago, KMT4ever said:

It took long enough for Hardin and Nyna to appear. At least IS had the decency to put them on the same banner, although them not releasing alongside the Wolfguard is still a load of nonsense. It's kind of a shame that Nyna's the demote, especially since she was Linde's magic teacher, but story-wise she wasn't much of a fighter so I can accept it. Hardin looks fun in a cavalry team, but unfortunately aside from Wolf his men aren't good units themselves. Ganglot is blatantly designed to be skill fodder, and Ascended!Tiki looks like yet another extremely powerful dragon that just needs the DC(D) seal to function. I am pretty annoyed that IS felt the need to give Tiki yet another alt when plenty of other Archanea characters could have Ascended instead (Linde, Merric, Minerva, etc), but after Celica I don't really expect anything on that front anymore.

I'm tentatively considering investing in this banner. I don't have so many orbs that I can afford to brush off bad luck, so I might split the difference and only use the ticket circles until I can see what the banners over the next two weeks have to offer.

Nyna was Linde's magic teacher? Where does that info come from. I would have assumed Linde's father Miloah was the one who taught her.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Nyna was Linde's magic teacher? Where does that info come from. I would have assumed Linde's father Miloah was the one who taught her.

She's not. Probably a mix-up with her SD ending that states Nyna took her under her wing, but not for magic training.

Linde entered Princess Nyna’s protection and became a lady at court.

I'd think at least.

You know what I find kind of weird for Archanea in Heroes? Barst is in, but Bord and Cord aren't. You think they would have been some of the first characters put in the game as the first axe users in the series.  

30 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

She's not. Probably a mix-up with her SD ending that states Nyna took her under her wing, but not for magic training.

I'd think at least.

That explains it. I thought it pretty odd. Nyna isn't exactly bad at Magic as she's able to use Thoron, but Linde is clearly the more magically inclined.

Just now, Jotari said:

You know what I find kind of weird for Archanea in Heroes? Barst is in, but Bord and Cord aren't. You think they would have been some of the first characters put in the game as the first axe users in the series.  

That explains it. I thought it pretty odd. Nyna isn't exactly bad at Magic as she's able to use Thoron, but Linde is clearly the more magically inclined.

I guess they felt like they'd be redundant. Still, I hope we get them eventually.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

46 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd think at least.

After doing some digging, yeah, I was definitely misremembering things. I do vaguely remember Linde being described as Nyna's "apprentice" at one point, but that might be wrong as well. It could also be referring to a political context rather than magical.

16 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Surely they make an exception to the seasonal Duo rule and give us Bord and Cord as a duo. Their Duo skill would remove all forest tiles on the current map. 😄

That would be a genuinely good Duo Skill. It's kind of weird Takumi was in the game in the first few months with a weapon that circumnavigates forests, yet there was never an actual skill released with that effect.

30 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

After doing some digging, yeah, I was definitely misremembering things. I do vaguely remember Linde being described as Nyna's "apprentice" at one point, but that might be wrong as well. It could also be referring to a political context rather than magical.

When I went to check, I did found that statement in one of the wikis. But yeah, if she was apprentice to Nyna on anything, it was more on court etiquette, not magic.

I think Mystery of the Emblem has a slightly larger pool of characters worth adding than people think. Not by much, but still a tiny bit larger.

Jubelo, Yuliya, Lorenz, Wendell, Arlen, base Xane, Samson, Midia, Horace, and Etzel would be worth it, in my opinion. You could argue Cecil and Ryan as well to finish up the platoon, and base Rickard just because IS deemed him worthy enough to be on the thief banner over Julian of all people.

The problem is that most of them are men, and we all know IS doesn't like adding a lot of men in one go, even if they're popular and/or semi-relevant.

Stats, I guess, since they haven't been posted yet:

Spoiler

y59ohsp99n0a1.png

Superboons/banes:

• Ganglot: +Atk, +Def, -HP
  • Tiki: +Spd, +Res
  • Hardin: +Atk, -Spd
  • Nyna: +Spd, +Res, -HP
  • Elice: +Atk, -HP, -Def
  • Matthis: +Res, -Atk

Ganglot's stats are surprisingly mediocre and are exactly what she had as an enemy unit. She literally has only one good stat and depends on her weapon's follow-up prevention and Quick Riposte 4's percentage damage reduction for bulk because her defenses are otherwise mediocre.

Tiki and Hardin are unsurprising with good stats overall.

For staff units, Nyna has giant Spd, and Elice has giant Atk. Both are tied for third in their respective stat across all staff units in terms of base stats with maximum Dragonflowers. Nyna is pretty close behind Fluffy Hat Nanna as the best F2P staff unit... if that actually matters to you for whatever reason.

Matthis is unsurprisingly underwhelming. He's literally just Vyland with a lance.

Sad about there being no quests for free copies of Elice, but I suppose that was wishful thinking as we didn't get Ricken either. At the rate I'm playing currently I'd probably be lucky to get one copy by this time next year. So my spare Bridelyns that have been chilling for 4-5 years live to see another day.

On the other hand, desire sensor sensed my indifference about the banner and the ticket rounds gave me Ganglot (+Def -Spd), Ascended Eir (+Atk -Res) and Mia (+Res -Spd). Seems like taking breaks from summoning helps me. Pointless building anyone now though so Ganglot can go chill with Lif in the corner since I'm sure some better candidates will turn up over the coming year.

On 11/16/2022 at 11:11 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Vulture Lance is "禿鷹の槍" (hagetaka no yari), "Vulture Lance". It still amuses me that the word for "vulture" in Japanese literally translates as "bald hawk".

Embla's epithet, "God of Closure", is "閉神" (heishin), "Closing God".

Enclosing Claw is "絶闇の翼爪" (zetsuan no yokusō), "Wings and Claws of Absolute Darkness". Compare with Illuminating Horn, "絶光の角" (zekkō no tsuno), "Horns of Absolute Light".

Added translation notes for Matthis's weapon and Embla's epithet and weapon now that they appear in the story maps.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Added translation notes for Matthis's weapon and Embla's epithet and weapon now that they appear in the story maps.

Thank you as always!

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ganglot's stats are surprisingly mediocre and are exactly what she had as an enemy unit. She literally has only one good stat and depends on her weapon's follow-up prevention and Quick Riposte 4's percentage damage reduction for bulk because her defenses are otherwise mediocre.

That's unfortunate... I wondered this wiht Lif too, but I wonder if Rearmed Heroes will ever get new Prfs of their own? Arcane Downfall was weird for missing an auto-follow up effect by default, so Ganglot's kit really feels like it's missing something to make her stand out as a unit like R!Grima's Prf Skill.

Edited by DefyingFates

On 11/17/2022 at 12:23 AM, Jotari said:

Wait, is the whole Coyote thing a complete localization thing? Is he always associated with Wolves in Japanese? I'm assuming so based on these names, but, like...why? Did they think people would be confused by Hardin's moniker being "wolf" and there actually being a character named "Wolf"? That would seem the most logical reason (I assume Wolf's name in Japanese is the English word Wolf and not Okami, so it wouldn't be an issue in the original script), but you'd be better off just changing Wolf's name to Lupin or something then instead of just substituting a different animal for Hardin to be named after. 

I always found the names Wolf and Coyote odd for another reason. Wolves are much larger and more powerful than coyotes, so I would expect the leader to be named Wolf and his subordinate to be Coyote, not the other way around.

17 hours ago, Xenomata said:

That's about all the merit anyone left in Archanea has though. The only characters I can observe having any merit OUTSIDE of that while still being "interesting" are Wendell (Merric's teacher), Arlan (other magic student), Gotoh, and maaaaaybe Samuel, and even he's still reliant on Navarre. And what kind of sad, sad banner would that be, 2 old men, a power-hungry mage, and some Navarre ripoff.

Anything’s possible. If someone had told me midway through last year that Vyland, Sedgar and Roshea would be added to Heroes before (normal) Hardin, I would’ve laughed and thought they were crazy.

On 11/17/2022 at 12:11 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Vulture Lance is "禿鷹の槍" (hagetaka no yari), "Vulture Lance". It still amuses me that the word for "vulture" in Japanese literally translates as "bald hawk".

That is funny! It reminds me of how in French, the word for “bat” (the animal) is “chauve-souris”, which literally means “bald mouse.”

I like Ganglot’s design and artwork, and she looks like a fun unit to use. The presence of Ascended Tiki annoys me. I like Tiki as a character, but I hate seeing characters that have Legendary alts (or worse, CYL winners) reappear with Ascended alts. At least the first few Ascended characters were ones who probably wouldn’t get Legendary alts, or are borderline candidates for Legendary alts.

Otherwise I’m happy with the choices for this banner, and with the exception of Tiki, the art is stunning. Nyna and Elice look like underwhelming staff units, which is a shame because otherwise I’d probably summon for Nyna. I would rather have another infantry staff unit like Sara, who can heal and attack remarkably well. She’s easily my best staff unit.

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Stats, I guess, since they haven't been posted yet:

Reveal hidden contents

y59ohsp99n0a1.png

Superboons/banes:

• Ganglot: +Atk, +Def, -HP
  • Tiki: +Spd, +Res
  • Hardin: +Atk, -Spd
  • Nyna: +Spd, +Res, -HP
  • Elice: +Atk, -HP, -Def
  • Matthis: +Res, -Atk

Tiki and Hardin are unsurprising with good stats overall.

For staff units, Nyna has giant Spd, and Elice has giant Atk. Both are tied for third in their respective stat across all staff units in terms of base stats with maximum Dragonflowers. Nyna is pretty close behind Fluffy Hat Nanna as the best F2P staff unit... if that actually matters to you for whatever reason.

Matthis is unsurprisingly underwhelming. He's literally just Vyland with a lance.

If there was a character that I expected to be mediocrity (he works, but why use him?) personified, that is Matthis, he's precisely that in every game where he appears.

Though I find very funny that is basically Vyland with a bit less HP and more Res because Matthis and Vyland are pallete swaps xD

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Stats, I guess, since they haven't been posted yet

Sorry, I know that’s usually my job. Once again, this banner shouldn’t have released on the same day as Pokemon.

Oh well, I can now at least point and laugh at Matthis now. We seriously got this dude just three months after Jeralt, like what the hell IS. Jeralt even has the same Atk (43) but does have a super asset on Atk.

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

For added context, Ganglot has 41/39/36 defenses with maximum Dragonflowers, compared to Valentine Lucina, who has a similar 43/39/33. Except Lucina is a Spd tank and Ganglot is not.

Lucina also gets 58% damage reduction on the opponent's first attack, compared to Ganglot's 25%, and has a much more reliable method of preventing follow-ups, having high Spd and Null Follow-Up compared to Ganglot's follow-up prevention effect.

Ganglot's mediocrity is then underscored by the fact that Brave Tiki, who has the same color, has 41/38/42 defenses and pretty much all of the same skill effects and more. Finish grants the same 7 HP regeneration per attack as Arcane Downfall on top of more stats than Ganglot's A skill and Sacred Seal can grant combined. New Divinity grants the same follow-up prevention as Arcane Downfall and a superior (up to) 40% damage reduction on all attacks, compared to Quick Riposte 4's 25% on the first attack, on top of an additional flat +5 Atk/Def/Res (that counts towards the Dragon Wall effect). Remote Breath then covers the remaining effects of Arcane Downfall on top of also draining the opponent's Special charge at the start of combat.

This could have all been fixed if they had given her an exclusive C skill. Joint Distant Guard is nice as a fodder skill, but I don't think it would've been missed if it weren't there, especially since Ganglot would still have had Arcane Downfall + Distant Counter + Distant Stance + Quick RIposte 4 as a set of 4 skills to inherit together.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I got three Ganglots from the current banner, two neutral and one that's -Spd/+Res. Which one is worth keeping? Thanks in advance, all!

If you're going to run Ganglot in her likely intended Distant Counter tank role, +Res is probably better than neutral.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Sorry, I know that’s usually my job. Once again, this banner shouldn’t have released on the same day as Pokemon.

I still have some time before my life gets swallowed up by Pokémon because I like having physical copies whenever possible, and my copy is still in the mail.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're going to run Ganglot in her likely intended Distant Counter tank role, +Res is probably better than neutral.

Thanks! I gave Idunn Distant Stance as we discussed yesterday, and now I'm trying to decide what I should do for my N!Shamir. She doesn't benefit from Distant Stance, does she?

Also as a general question and as someone without Godlike Reflexes, is Galeforce a good fit for Ganglot's kit, both for Ganglot herself and anyone who inherits it? Thanks again!

19 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks! I gave Idunn Distant Stance as we discussed yesterday, and now I'm trying to decide what I should do for my N!Shamir. She doesn't benefit from Distant Stance, does she?

Also as a general question and as someone without Godlike Reflexes, is Galeforce a good fit for Ganglot's kit, both for Ganglot herself and anyone who inherits it? Thanks again!

If you're running Shamir with Distant Counter, she'd rather have Distant Pressure over Distant Stance. Distant Pressure is also preferable over Distant Dart because the stat boost is active on both phases, and the recoil damage can be mitigated by Arcane Downfall's passive healing.

Galeforce is a bit crummy for Ganglot herself since she doesn't really have the Spd to double on player phase unless you're going up against units with middling or lower Spd. Usable, sure, but of questionable viability. Works fine on any fast unit that inherits Arcane Downfall, though.

If you're patient, it might be worth waiting for a copy of Vital Astra. Even if you can't reliably get the damage reduction from it, its damage is more reliable than either of Moonbow or Ruptured Sky when used on fast units, and you'll still occasionally get the damage reduction as a bonus.

If you're really patient, there's a decent likelihood that Flame Lyn will show up in A Hero Rises.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're running Shamir with Distant Counter, she'd rather have Distant Pressure over Distant Stance. Distant Pressure is also preferable over Distant Dart because the stat boost is active on both phases, and the recoil damage can be mitigated by Arcane Downfall's passive healing.

Thank you very much! Pressure was a common suggestion on Reddit too for builds using DC so it's good to hear that it's universally recommended.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're really patient, there's a decent likelihood that Flame Lyn will show up in A Hero Rises.

As I suspected, Godlike Reflexes really is her best option with Arcane Downfall's +1 charge bonus, huh? Well, Galeforce is plentiful so I guess I can always get that now and wait for premium fodder to arrive in the future. Does Shamir prefer Distant Pressure in those cases, or is Atk/Spd Ideal a better A Slot? For the rest of her kit I was thinking of running Atk/Spd Oath 4 and either Spurn (maybe Frenzy? I have a manual for that) or Spd/Def Bulwark.

Thanks again... again!

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

As I suspected, Godlike Reflexes really is her best option with Arcane Downfall's +1 charge bonus, huh? Well, Galeforce is plentiful so I guess I can always get that now and wait for premium fodder to arrive in the future. Does Shamir prefer Distant Pressure in those cases, or is Atk/Spd Ideal a better A Slot? For the rest of her kit I was thinking of running Atk/Spd Oath 4 and either Spurn (maybe Frenzy? I have a manual for that) or Spd/Def Bulwark.

Thanks again... again!

Godlike Reflexes is currently the best Special for fast dual-phase infantry with Arcane Downfall. Ideally, if you don't need Distant Counter, you want to run it with Atk/Spd Finish 4; otherwise, it should be run with Distant Pressure. Shield Pulse is optional since Godlike Reflexes can be charged by simply initiating combat for the first round of combat, though in game modes where you can't reliably initiate, you probably still want to run Shield Pulse.

For Shamir with Galeforce, whether or not you run Distant Counter depends on how you play Galeforce units. If you're not expecting to take rounds of combat on enemy phase or you're only expecting to take combat on enemy phase from melee units, you're better off running Atk/Spd Ideal. If you are expecting to take rounds of combat during enemy phase from ranged units, then Distant Pressure is an option.

The current best B skills for a Galeforce build with Arcane Downfall are Velocity and Spd/Def Tempo. Velocity gives a bit more bulk, whereas Spd/Def Tempo gives a bit more damage and Spd, and both make it harder for the opponent to block your Galeforce. Frenzy and Spd/Def Bulwark are both decent options, though. I wouldn't run Spurn unless you have no other choice since its secondary effect cannot activate with Galeforce.

Atk/Spd Oath 4 is a good option for the C slot.

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ideally, if you don't need Distant Counter, you want to run it with Atk/Spd Finish 4; otherwise, it should be run with Distant Pressure.

Wait, is Distant Pressure actually good for Spd builds, or is that just the best DC skill for them? I think I can afford to give her Bulwark along with M!Shez's Atk/Spd Oath 4 for now if you think that's a worthwhile investment, and if I'm giving her Downfall I might as well give her DC and either QR4 and Joint Dist. Guard or one of them and Distant Stance, depending on whether you think either of them is worth having. (I have a Monica to spare for Atk/Spd Ideal too.)

On the hand, B!Ike can use all of Ganglot's skills, right? DS, QR4 and JDG, as long as he has a NFU/ Breath Seal (or B!Lucina/ Thorr support)?

Thanks yet again, Ice!

Edited by DefyingFates

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Wait, is Distant Pressure actually good for Spd builds, or is that just the best DC skill for them? I think I can afford to give her Bulwark along with M!Shez's Atk/Spd Oath 4 for now if you think that's a worthwhile investment, and if I'm giving her Downfall I might as well give her DC and either QR4 and Joint Dist. Guard or one of them and Distant Stance, depending on whether you think either of them is worth having. (I have a Monica to spare for Atk/Spd Ideal too.)

On the hand, B!Ike can use all of Ganglot's skills, right? DS, QR4 and JDG, as long as he has a NFU/ Breath Seal (or B!Lucina/ Thorr support)?

Thanks yet again, Ice!

Yeah, the only reason why you're running Distant Pressure is because you're prioritizing Distant Counter over stats, and Distant Pressure gives Spd on both phases with little downside. If you're not going specifically for a Distant Counter build, there's no need to run any of the Distant Counter skills.

Personally, I don't think it's really worth giving Shamir Distant Stance unless you literally have no other skill worth putting in the fourth inheritance slot.

And yeah, Brave Ike can use all three of Distant Stance, Quick Riposte 4, and Joint Distant Guard. I don't think he actually needs Breath unless you need the stronger Special. I think it's more worth running either Null Follow-Up or Def/Res Hold in the Sacred Seal slot.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't think he actually needs Breath unless you need the stronger Special. I think it's more worth running either Null Follow-Up or Def/Res Hold in the Sacred Seal slot.

Interesting, thanks! What should I give him instead then, Sol?

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're not going specifically for a Distant Counter build, there's no need to run any of the Distant Counter skills.

Gotcha, thanks again!

I think I'm just going to go with a standard "max Spd" build for her then: Atk/Spd Ideal + Atk/Spd Oath, with Spurn thrown in once I do some HM farming. I'm too scared to pull on a DSH banner, but as you said earlier I hope Flame Lyn shows up on a Hero Fest banner in the future. Or someone else with Godlike Reflexes is added to the main pool; hopefully that doesn't take too long. Does that sound good?