Links (Legend of Zelda) vs Fire Emblem Lords

defensedefumer

I have a scenario to propose:

What if every version of Link (from the Legend of Zelda) fought one Fire Emblem Lord each? Who would win?

So the premise is simple:
A) A Link with his in-game weapons/items/abilties will fight a Lord with his/her weapons/items/abilities

B) Lore or in-game stats can be discussed (because this is just for fun)

C) the winner is the one who incapacitates the other

So without further ado, let me propose the first three scenarios:

1) OG Link (Legend of Zelda) vs OG Marth (Fire Emblem) 
The two heroes that kicked off the series face each other, all in 8 bit glory. Who wins?

2) Twilight Princess Link vs Corrin (F) (From Conquest)
Both heroes can transform into a wolf and a dragon respectively. Having come from troubled backgrounds, which hero will triumph?

3) Breath of the Wild Link vs Byleth (M) (From Three Houses)
Two of the most versatile heroes face off. They can use multiple weapons and manipulate time to aid them in battle. Who will be the victor?

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Link vs Corrin F - YouTube

Okay assuming the Links have all possible equipment and upgrades, And that the Lords are rocking maximum stats (likely aided by stat boosters) and an optimized inventory and skill loadout. Remember also that many Lords have Convoy access. All the elixers they can ask for. The Convoy dimension makes no sense in-universe, you say? Neither does Link lugging around a ball and chain heavy enough that he struggles to walk, but he could just put it away into his own pocket dimension. Convoys are canon from FE11 forward, and in FE8.

Zelda 1 Link vs FE1 Marth is the real Clash of Titans: Wait why not FE11 Marth? Because while convoy access is nice and FE11 Falchion is two points of MT stronger, FE1 Marth has exclusive access to Mercurius if he wants to hit harder, and the FE1 Falchion is way more useful. It's less than half the weight, and nullifies ALL ranged physical attacks, which I think would have been Link's best path to victory. Also, when used as an item, FE1 Falchion is an elixir, rather than a 10 HP vulnerary. FE1's HP cap is 52 so it makes a big difference. I think Marth should handily take this matchup. FE1 Marth and Zelda 1 Link are both carrying magical shields for protection, though Marth's never seems to give any in-game statistical bonus, it just opens chests.

Zelda 1 Link's item loadout isn't especially impressive. And he can only equip one at a time, needing to go into his own 'convoy' to select another. His 255 silver arrows and boomerang stuns won't work as we established. Bombs should be effective, but he can only carry Eight at a time. He can only carry one Red Potion (two full health restores). He passively benefits from the Red Ring, reducing damage to just a quarter. Link's final tool of note is the Magical Rod, allowing for a ranged fireball and a lingering flame that can damage up to two more times at the strength of a White Sword slash. FE1 Marth has a Res cap of just 7 (Pure Water does not allow him to go beyond this), making him much more susceptible to magic attacks than his remake counterpart  and other Lords. The Magical Rod should put out some serious damage, but if I recall sprite limitations means he can't use it more than once on one screen - an in universe implication that the rod can't be spammed. It will be a long slug fest, but Marth should win. Zelda 1 Link would have a way better matchup against the majority of Lords because his own ranged loadout is extremely potent and the magical shield deflects most physical and magical attacks passively so long as he is facing the right direction. He struggles most against Lords that could heal themselves to full indefinitely.

Zelda 1 Link against FE11 Marth would be weighted pretty heavily toward Link. The boomerang could chain stun Marth pretty handily (the only enemies that were immune to stun were boss creatures and magically inclined enemies like the Wizzrobe). And while FE11 Marth can lift as many items from the convoy as he wants, the Elixer does not exist in Archanea. Vulneraries do not surpass the sort of healing that Falchion would provide. So that actually gives Zelda 1 Link the edge in emergency healing. Marth's only path to victory is simply having the avoid to dodge Link's ranged attacks and stuns, getting free shots on Link when he has to equip a new item, and miraculously lasting long enough through two full heals and dealing a quarter damage to Link. I'm not sure of any Lord who can defeat this version of Link except for FE1 Marth with that version of the Falchion. You'd have to make a case for somebody that is immune to stun (someone magically inclined? Someone with the Nihil skill? Micaiah and Ike?)

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

This is a duel scenario, correct? 1 vs 1 (or 4 vs 1 in the case of the Links from the Four Swords games)? Since The Legend of Zelda and Fire Emblem are very different franchises in terms of gameplay, I'll mainly be focusing on the lore surrounding these characters, not the specifics of their gameplay.

Classic Link vs Marth:

Abilities & Equipment: Link, in all versions, is a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. This Link is specified as being a random subject of the kingdom, likely not actually trained to use any of the weapons in their arsenal, but it is a vast arsenal: sword, shield, bombs, bows, magical rod, boomerang, etc. Link being left-handed would provide a small edge in sword combat, but not enough to overcome lack of training. Marth is a trained swordsman, but his swordsmanship is never treated as particularly amazing; more emphasis is placed on his skills as a ruler and a leader. When it comes to combat, swordsmanship is all that Marth really has. That said, the Fire Emblem is a functional shield (at least in the lore). Both characters are basically unarmoured outside of each having a shield, although Link does have the red ring reducing the amount of damage he takes from each hit.

Approach: Marth would absolutely need to get into melee range; it's the only range in which he can fight. Since he has greater training in swordmanship than this Link, this Link would want to avoid direct melee combat at all costs. Fortunately for him, Link is more than capable of avoiding melee combat thanks to their arsenal of ranged weaponry as well as being able to place bombs. I could see Marth avoiding the arrows thanks to his shield, but he could be easily lured towards a bomb, at which point Link would have the opening needed if Marth isn't already defeated.

Conclusion: Link wins.

Twilight Princess Link vs Corrin:

Abilities & Equipment: A lot of this Link's equipment is extremely situational and can be removed from consideration: namely the lantern, slingshot, iron boots, spinner and dominion rod, as well as the clawshots (which would be useful if Corrin could fly, but they can't). This Link does have sword training from a character that is supposed to be a skilled swordsman, and Link is still left-handed. Link also possesses a powerful flail in the form of the ball & chain, as well as arrows that can be combined with bombs to become bomb arrows. Finally, they have the power to turn into a wolf. Corrin, meanwhile, is a trained swordsman, and though their swordsmanship is nothing spectacular in the story, it is supplemented with the power to turn into a dragon. Corrin is also covered almost completely in armour, and their defenses are greatly enhanced in dragon form.

Approach: Wolf Link form would be largely useless against either human Corrin or dragon Corrin. A wolf is strong and fast, but it is at a disadvantage against an armed human, let alone a dragon. Link would want to fight in human form, and Link would want to make sure Corrin remains in human form, which means trying to end the fight quickly. Bomb arrows would be useful to that end, but if that fails and direct combat is unavoidable, while Link is likely the better swordsman, Corrin will be at an advantage in dragon form. Against dragon Corrin, the only weapon Link carries that would have a chance of being useful is the ball & chain, which is very unwieldy due to its size.

Conclusion: Corrin likely wins, though Link does stand some chance.

From a first impression, I would say Link wins a majority of these fights, mainly for the fact that fairies exist, which act as revives, and depending on the game, he can hold up to 4-6 of them at any given time. Oh, and then there's the Hylian Shield.

Spoiler

good metal | Super Smash Brothers Ultimate | Know Your Meme

He could win through sheer attrition, but I think it's important to first count out how many Links and Lords there are; I'll stick to just in-game appearances, though. Sorry, Al. I'll keep a running total in parentheses next to each entry.

Spoiler

Link

• Skyward Sword Link is the first canonical Link in the timeline, so we'll start there. (1)
    • There IS a character in lore known as Hylia's Chosen Hero, who is depicted as the earliest incarnation of Link in the SS prequel manga, but it's not canon, unfortunately.
  • Next is the Link from Minish Cap. This is a fantastic game, I wish more people talked about it. (2)
    • I'm gonna move onto the Fallen Timeline next, because there's a fantastic video that has the best Zelda Timeline which I'm now considering canon, and there's nothing that you can do to stop me.... If you don't wanna watch it, in short, Minish Cap is a diverging point in the timeline.
  • The timeline in the video places Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures years after Minish Cap, both featuring the same hero, so that adds another to the total. (3)
    • The placement of these games in the official timeline would add two more Links to the total, but I'm not using the official timeline. Cry about it.
  • Next is A Link to the Past, the Oracle games, and Link's Awakening, which all feature the same hero. (4)
  • After that is A Link Between Worlds and Tri-Force Heroes, which again feature the same hero. (5)
  • Lastly in the Fallen Timeline, there's the OG Zelda I and II, with the Link that started it all. (6)
  • Moving on to Ocarina of Time, another diverging point, this game and Majora's Mask feature the Hero of Time. (7)
  • A century later in the Child Timeline, Twilight Princess occurs with the Hero of Time's descendant. (8)
  • You can fight me on this one; Breath of the Wild is in the Child Timeline. (9)
  • Moving over to the Adult Timeline, Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass feature the same hero. (10)
  • Finally, there's Spirit Tracks, which beings the total number of Links in the series up to (11).
    • This would mean at least 7 Links have wielded the Master Sword, and 2 of them the Four Sword.
    • At least 6 of them have held the Triforce of Courage at one point.
Spoiler

Lords

• Marth, the hero to start it all! He makes the most appearances out of any Lord in the series, but we'll count him as one character, of course. (1)
  • Alm and Celica, the Lord duo of Gaiden/SoV. (3)
  • Sigurd and Seliph, another Lord duo, albeit separated by time. (5)
  • I'll be honest, I almost forgot poor Leif. (6)
  • Roy's our boy! Roy's our boy! (7)
    • Sorry Al, but we can't count you buddy, you're manga only.
  • Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector are the first Lord trio! When will we get a quartet? (10)
  • Another duo, but their twins this time; Eirika and Ephraim. (12)
  • We like Ike! We like Ike! (13)
  • Oh, there's Micaiah, too. (14)
  • This is probably going to be excruciatingly painful for some, but I'm counting Kris. (15)
  • Robin, too. He and Kris are Avatars, but they're more or less as much main characters as the others. (16)
  • Another parent/child duo, Chrom and Lucina (18)
  • Corrin is in a unique position in that they are both an Avatar AND a Lord. Fancy that. (19)
  • Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude. Finally, a quartet!... except you can only have up to a duo on any given route. ffs (23)
  • Should we count Shez? I'm going to count Shez. (24)
  • There is also Alear, but I'm a a little hesitant to include them since their game isn't out yet, but screw it, why not? (25)

So in a total brawl, there would be about 2-3 lords per Link. Even then, I think Link would fairly easily dispatch a majority of the Lords. Link has such a massive arsenal at his disposal, not to mention he has access to steeds like Epona, so he would be able to keep up with mounted Lords just fine. He's also got about as much access to magic as the likes of Celica and Micaiah, maybe more. If things get dicey, he can just play a song on his flute or play on his ipad and teleport away. There's also things like fairies and Mipha's Grace to revive him if he needs it. A lot of the Links have also single-handedly fought countless monsters far bigger than them and come out on top, not to mention a lot of them have gone up against the purest incarnations of evil and won (sometimes multiple times). I would say each Link individually has far more notable feats than a good majority of the Lords, and he can outlast them without much trouble.

(there is also the Four Sword, which splits Link up into four versions of himself, easily quadrupling his power)

I'm also going to cite Link's battle with Pit from Palutena's Smash reveal trailer. Dude kicks an angel's ass and is then willing to fight a goddess immediately after. There is absolutely no length that Link will not go to in order to win, a testament of the unquantifiable courage that he possesses. He's unstoppable. (I also absolutely adore this moment (spoilers, obviously) from the final boss of A Link Between Worlds. There's just such unadulterated, raw character in his gesture of courage, and it's legitimately one of Link's best moments in the entire series, even for how short it is).

I think the only Lords that could give a Link any legitimate trouble would be Sigurd, Seliph, and Byleth. The first two would canonically be one-man armies with Tyrfing, and Byleth is the closest thing to a demigod that we're going to get out of a main character. But considering some of the insane threats Link has faced and conquered, like Demise (a dude who gave the goddess Hylia a run for her money), Vaati (a dude turned eldritch horror monster that takes four Links at a time to defeat), Majora (some whack-ass evil spirit that created a whole ass moon to drop on the land of Termina and made Link have to reset 3 days over and over again in order to just get a chance at fighting him), and Ganon (the reincarnation of Demise who revives about as much as Castlevania's Dracula), I don't think they'd be too much issue in the grand scheme of things.

However, if I were to pick a single Link to fight each Lord in a 1v1, I'd probably go with the Hero of Time in Majora's Mask. He can transform into other forms (like Fierce Deity), he can manipulate time in ways beyond just reversing it like Byleth (he can slow it down or speed it up... granted he has to play the Song of Time, but time freezes when he pulls out the Ocarina of Time, so it should be no trouble), and the best part is that he's, like, 10, so most of the Lords will probably refuse to fight a child, so then Link can just bonk 'em on the head and win.

ez, gg, I'm totally not a Zelda fanboy, not at all.

Forgive me for the length of this post, but I love the Zelda series a little too much, and I had to put Fire Emblem back in its place.

10 hours ago, indigoasis said:

From a first impression, I would say Link wins a majority of these fights, mainly for the fact that fairies exist, which act as revives, and depending on the game, he can hold up to 4-6 of them at any given time. Oh, and then there's the Hylian Shield.

Reveal hidden contents

good metal | Super Smash Brothers Ultimate | Know Your Meme

He could win through sheer attrition, but I think it's important to first count out how many Links and Lords there are; I'll stick to just in-game appearances, though. Sorry, Al. I'll keep a running total in parentheses next to each entry.

Reveal hidden contents

Link

• Skyward Sword Link is the first canonical Link in the timeline, so we'll start there. (1)
    • There IS a character in lore known as Hylia's Chosen Hero, who is depicted as the earliest incarnation of Link in the SS prequel manga, but it's not canon, unfortunately.
  • Next is the Link from Minish Cap. This is a fantastic game, I wish more people talked about it. (2)
    • I'm gonna move onto the Fallen Timeline next, because there's a fantastic video that has the best Zelda Timeline which I'm now considering canon, and there's nothing that you can do to stop me.... If you don't wanna watch it, in short, Minish Cap is a diverging point in the timeline.
  • The timeline in the video places Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures years after Minish Cap, both featuring the same hero, so that adds another to the total. (3)
    • The placement of these games in the official timeline would add two more Links to the total, but I'm not using the official timeline. Cry about it.
  • Next is A Link to the Past, the Oracle games, and Link's Awakening, which all feature the same hero. (4)
  • After that is A Link Between Worlds and Tri-Force Heroes, which again feature the same hero. (5)
  • Lastly in the Fallen Timeline, there's the OG Zelda I and II, with the Link that started it all. (6)
  • Moving on to Ocarina of Time, another diverging point, this game and Majora's Mask feature the Hero of Time. (7)
  • A century later in the Child Timeline, Twilight Princess occurs with the Hero of Time's descendant. (8)
  • You can fight me on this one; Breath of the Wild is in the Child Timeline. (9)
  • Moving over to the Adult Timeline, Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass feature the same hero. (10)
  • Finally, there's Spirit Tracks, which beings the total number of Links in the series up to (11).
    • This would mean at least 7 Links have wielded the Master Sword, and 2 of them the Four Sword.
    • At least 6 of them have held the Triforce of Courage at one point.
  Reveal hidden contents

Lords

• Marth, the hero to start it all! He makes the most appearances out of any Lord in the series, but we'll count him as one character, of course. (1)
  • Alm and Celica, the Lord duo of Gaiden/SoV. (3)
  • Sigurd and Seliph, another Lord duo, albeit separated by time. (5)
  • I'll be honest, I almost forgot poor Leif. (6)
  • Roy's our boy! Roy's our boy! (7)
    • Sorry Al, but we can't count you buddy, you're manga only.
  • Lyn, Eliwood, and Hector are the first Lord trio! When will we get a quartet? (10)
  • Another duo, but their twins this time; Eirika and Ephraim. (12)
  • We like Ike! We like Ike! (13)
  • Oh, there's Micaiah, too. (14)
  • This is probably going to be excruciatingly painful for some, but I'm counting Kris. (15)
  • Robin, too. He and Kris are Avatars, but they're more or less as much main characters as the others. (16)
  • Another parent/child duo, Chrom and Lucina (18)
  • Corrin is in a unique position in that they are both an Avatar AND a Lord. Fancy that. (19)
  • Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude. Finally, a quartet!... except you can only have up to a duo on any given route. ffs (23)
  • Should we count Shez? I'm going to count Shez. (24)
  • There is also Alear, but I'm a a little hesitant to include them since their game isn't out yet, but screw it, why not? (25)

So in a total brawl, there would be about 2-3 lords per Link. Even then, I think Link would fairly easily dispatch a majority of the Lords. Link has such a massive arsenal at his disposal, not to mention he has access to steeds like Epona, so he would be able to keep up with mounted Lords just fine. He's also got about as much access to magic as the likes of Celica and Micaiah, maybe more. If things get dicey, he can just play a song on his flute or play on his ipad and teleport away. There's also things like fairies and Mipha's Grace to revive him if he needs it. A lot of the Links have also single-handedly fought countless monsters far bigger than them and come out on top, not to mention a lot of them have gone up against the purest incarnations of evil and won (sometimes multiple times). I would say each Link individually has far more notable feats than a good majority of the Lords, and he can outlast them without much trouble.

(there is also the Four Sword, which splits Link up into four versions of himself, easily quadrupling his power)

I'm also going to cite Link's battle with Pit from Palutena's Smash reveal trailer. Dude kicks an angel's ass and is then willing to fight a goddess immediately after. There is absolutely no length that Link will not go to in order to win, a testament of the unquantifiable courage that he possesses. He's unstoppable. (I also absolutely adore this moment (spoilers, obviously) from the final boss of A Link Between Worlds. There's just such unadulterated, raw character in his gesture of courage, and it's legitimately one of Link's best moments in the entire series, even for how short it is).

I think the only Lords that could give a Link any legitimate trouble would be Sigurd, Seliph, and Byleth. The first two would canonically be one-man armies with Tyrfing, and Byleth is the closest thing to a demigod that we're going to get out of a main character. But considering some of the insane threats Link has faced and conquered, like Demise (a dude who gave the goddess Hylia a run for her money), Vaati (a dude turned eldritch horror monster that takes four Links at a time to defeat), Majora (some whack-ass evil spirit that created a whole ass moon to drop on the land of Termina and made Link have to reset 3 days over and over again in order to just get a chance at fighting him), and Ganon (the reincarnation of Demise who revives about as much as Castlevania's Dracula), I don't think they'd be too much issue in the grand scheme of things.

However, if I were to pick a single Link to fight each Lord in a 1v1, I'd probably go with the Hero of Time in Majora's Mask. He can transform into other forms (like Fierce Deity), he can manipulate time in ways beyond just reversing it like Byleth (he can slow it down or speed it up... granted he has to play the Song of Time, but time freezes when he pulls out the Ocarina of Time, so it should be no trouble), and the best part is that he's, like, 10, so most of the Lords will probably refuse to fight a child, so then Link can just bonk 'em on the head and win.

ez, gg, I'm totally not a Zelda fanboy, not at all.

Forgive me for the length of this post, but I love the Zelda series a little too much, and I had to put Fire Emblem back in its place.

If that is the case, then how would the weakest Link do against the strongest Lord?

3 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

If that is the case, then how would the weakest Link do against the strongest Lord?

uh oh, now i have to actually defend my arguments

The "weakest" Link and the "strongest" Lord would probably be pretty subjective, but like I mentioned with Byleth, he's essentially a demigod, so we'll give him the slot. As for Link, I'd probably go with Spirit Tracks Link, but I would still say he's pretty tough. ST Link still has access to revival items through Purple Potions, which act the same as fairies, so no amount of Divine Pulsing is going to stop that. He also has the Bow of Light and the Lokomo Sword (which while not nearly as powerful as the Master Sword, it's still somewhat comparable in power), so he would be able to fight against the range and power that the Sword of the Creator has. ST Link also has an Engineer's License and can drive a whole-ass train while Byleth has to walk everywhere. So ST Link has, arguably, better range and speed, not to mention he's a smaller target so he'd be harder to hit. I can't forget that he's got an impenetrable shield, as well.

Even then, ST Link also has the feat of defeating the Demon King Malladus, who's power is comparable to Ganon, albeit probably not as powerful, but still quite potent. Link was able to come out on top as the superior conductor when battling the Demon Train, and then he and Zelda defeated him once and for all with the power of friendship. It only took two people to defeat Malladus whereas it takes Byleth and, what, 11 others to beat the likes of Rhea and Edelgard?

I'm biased, so I'm going to give it to Link again. He's also, like, 12 to 14 years old, and he's a train conductor, so he's probably just as intelligent as Byleth, if not moreso. he could also just run over Byleth with his train, choo chooooooo

OK, let's do this. I'm going to be imagining a fight between Byleth and the Link from A Link to the Past, since those are the two games from their series that I know best. I'm going to assume that we're comparing both characters at their strongest. So Link will have all his items and Byleth will have a good selection of skills and items. Though I will assume that Link went with their canonical Enlightened One class, rather than choosing to be a Wyvern Lord. And I'll also assume female Byleth, partly because I usually play female, but mostly because it lets me say "she" and "he" without it being ambiguous.

• Swordsmanship: I'm going to say that Byleth is better with the sword. She definitely starts out stronger than Link since she has her history as a mercenary, whereas Link has never used a sword before. She also receives direct training during the course of the game. Link also only knows two techniques in this game other than a basic slash (spin attack and sword beams), whereas Byleth knows 5 different combat arts and can have up to 4 of them equipped at once (including Sublime Heaven).
  • Swords: I'm going to say that this is about even. Both the Sword of the Creator and the Master Sword are legendary magical swords, personally linked to their wielder, and also upgraded during the course of the games. If there's any advantagehere, I can't see it.
  • Ranged combat: This one goes to Link, but only just barely. Both have some strong ranged attacks, but Link comes out slightly ahead by virtue of the sheer variety of his options. Byleth can use the Sword of the Creator as a whip, cast Ragnarok (and other spells), and counter-attack at any range by calling a lightning bolt from the sky thanks to the Chalice of Beginning. Whereas Link has bombs, a bow (with magic silver arrows), a boomerang, a hookshot, two magic rods, three magic medallions, exploding magic blocks from the Cane of Somaria, and beams from the Master Sword.
  • Combat Magic: Probably Link by a hair. Both of them have some pretty strong offensive magic options, but it isn't really either of their specialties. They also both have pretty strong limits on how many times they can use their magic. But Link can have a few extra uses on his strongest magic, and also has the secondary freeze effect of the ice rod. Ultimately, neither of them really want to be relying on their offensive magic too much.
  • Defense: Link, for sure. The Mirror Shield alone is incredibly strong, easily deflecting lasers, magic, and fireballs, but it's not even close to Link's best defensive option. This version of Link also has access to the Cane of Byrna, which makes him completely invisible, and the Magic Cape, which makes him invisible and intangible. Both come at the drawback of being limited by his magic power, though. Byleth might have access to some magic shield or other, but nothing she might have is even close to the Mirror Shield, let alone Link's magical defenses.
  • Healing: I'm actually going to say that Byleth has the advantage here. Link's healing options are stronger, but they're a limited resource. At most, Link can carry 4 blue potions and once they're done, they're done. On the other hand, Byleth can use both her Crest of Flames and her Healing Focus combat art without limit.
  • Death mitigation: Again, Byleth has the advantage here. Link can carry a maximum of four fairies with him, so he can die four times without issue, but when he dies the fifth time, he's really dead. On the other hand, Byleth has 13 uses of Divine Pulse which she can use to counter any blow that would kill her, and will only actually die when you kill her for the 14th time.
  • Mobility: Link wins this by a mile. Link can swim, jump off ledges, use bombs to break through walls, run extremely fast using his Pegasus Boots or be carried by his summonable magic duck. Byleth can... not do any of these things. Or anything else. She can run marginally better than an average human, I guess?
  • Extra-dimensional travel: I'm going to call this a tie. Both can do this, but neither can do so on demand. Link needs a warp tile, and Byleth only managed it once when returning from Zahras.

So, with all of that said, here's how I see the battle going. To start with, Link will use his superior mobility and ranged attacks to attack Byleth from afar and not let her get close. However, this will not be a successful strategy. Byleth can just counterattack with lightning bolts from the Chalice of Beginnings, and lightning is one thing that the mirror shield actually can't block. Byleth can also pause to heal up with Healing Focus as often as she wants, whereas Link only has a finite supply of healing. Seeing that this isn't working, Link will try to switch to attacking up close. He's not as talented with a sword as Byleth, but he can use his superior defenses to attack with complete impunity, at least for as long as he has magic for the Cane of Byrna. And this might be enough to let him get a few hits in, maybe even what should be a killing blow or two, except that Byleth is going to use divine pulse and just dodge the would-be fatal hits. And then Link's magic runs out, and his defenses drop. Of course, he still has the mirror shield, and he's still good with a sword, but Byleth is better. So over time Byleth will get the edge, and eventually Link will go down... only to be revived seconds later by a fairy. After being revived a second time, Link will realise that this is a fight he can't win, so he'll quaff a blue potion, reactivate the Cane of Byrna, and then use the Pegasus Boots to get the hell otu of dodge. At which point, there's no way that Byleth will catch him. He can dash around and there's no way he can catch her, but also no way for him to attack her such that she can't counter attack.

End result: a draw.

19 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

How about....

Hyrule Warriors Link vs Three Hopes Shez?

OG HW or Age of Calamity Link? I'd say Shez could probably destroy AoC Link, but OG HW Link is likely a cut above, since that game is treated as a pure power fantasy, and Link is canonically taking on armies (not just in gameplay).

It's said that when two people do their X+X+Y combo at each other, it creates a rift in space and time. Suffice to say, neither would survive the encounter. Their scarves probably will however.

Edit: Red and blue...wait, was that how Alear was born?

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

• 3 weeks later...

Though this was made a month ago still responding and also be gentle I am new member here.

Link most of them however it depends on if the links have all abilities and equipment and the Lords all in their ultimate job classes and have access to all their abilities as well.

Example if botw link fights Byleth, Byleth can use divine pulse also Byleth had access to some powerful spells and has the crest of flames, the sword of the creator and fused with a very powerful goddess.

However botw link as shown in age of calamity can take on multiple enemies and come out with just a scratch.

Also if the lords' are in their heroes incarnations aka legendary hero forms from fire emblem heroes they would literally be on botw link's level at least in my opinion.

Again it really depends on certain things and I will not get upset if you disagree I am just basing this on my personal view

On 11/19/2022 at 3:28 AM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Zelda 1 Link vs FE1 Marth is the real Clash of Titans: Wait why not FE11 Marth? Because while convoy access is nice and FE11 Falchion is two points of MT stronger, FE1 Marth has exclusive access to Mercurius if he wants to hit harder, and the FE1 Falchion is way more useful. It's less than half the weight, and nullifies ALL ranged physical attacks, which I think would have been Link's best path to victory. Also, when used as an item, FE1 Falchion is an elixir, rather than a 10 HP vulnerary. FE1's HP cap is 52 so it makes a big difference. I think Marth should handily take this matchup. FE1 Marth and Zelda 1 Link are both carrying magical shields for protection, though Marth's never seems to give any in-game statistical bonus, it just opens chests.

It's the opposite, actually. Original Falchion nullifies melee physical attacks (excluding dragon fire, which is technically physical). In other words, it make shim immune to lance and sword damage (and presumably axe too, but there are no actual axe users left in the game to try that out on). So the Master Sword would be useless to Link, but he could still peg Marth from afar using his bow and boomerang (and I guess bombs? I mean, they're not exactly ranged or melee, and if dragon fire could work, then surely hand held explosive fire could work too).

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

It's the opposite, actually. Original Falchion nullifies melee physical attacks (excluding dragon fire, which is technically physical). In other words, it make shim immune to lance and sword damage (and presumably axe too, but there are no actual axe users left in the game to try that out on). So the Master Sword would be useless to Link, but he could still peg Marth from afar using his bow and boomerang (and I guess bombs? I mean, they're not exactly ranged or melee, and if dragon fire could work, then surely hand held explosive fire could work too).

No doubt bombs would still work... except Marth could just infinitely use Falchion to heal while Link would ran out of bombs (and arrows, those that aren't stopped by the shield to begin with) sooner or later.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No doubt bombs would still work... except Marth could just infinitely use Falchion to heal while Link would ran out of bombs (and arrows, those that aren't stopped by the shield to begin with) sooner or later.

True, Fire Emblem 1 Marth has infinite elixers. But it costs Marth turns. So they would be at a stale mate if Link can pick his arrows back up (which several games allow for).

And aside from Fe1 Marth's endless bag of elixers, Link has access to a much more pitent source of healing than pretty much every Fire Emblem lord. Fairies (or in some games purple potions). Link can auto revive after being killed for no cost other than the ammount he can stock. And let's face it, taking down Link to begin with is going to be hard.

Hector seems uniquely screwed in these match ups. As nit only does Link carry a swodd for wta, but several copies of Link wield hammers and use magic.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

True, Fire Emblem 1 Marth has infinite elixers. But it costs Marth turns. So they would be at a stale mate if Link can pick his arrows back up (which several games allow for).

And aside from Fe1 Marth's endless bag of elixers, Link has access to a much more pitent source of healing than pretty much every Fire Emblem lord. Fairies (or in some games purple potions). Link can auto revive after being killed for no cost other than the ammount he can stock. And let's face it, taking down Link to begin with is going to be hard.

Hector seems uniquely screwed in these match ups. As nit only does Link carry a swodd for wta, but several copies of Link wield hammers and use magic.

The first game didn't, no? Since this is only taking into account what they can do or have in their respective settings. Hence the distinction between NES!Marth and DS!Marth. So no arrow pick-up. In fact, Link's ammo were the Rupees, using up one Rupee per arrow fired. Well, no fairies in bottles in the original LoZ, either. So he'd only have Life/Magic Potions for restoring health... which would too be finite.

Ultimately, LoZ!Link's best bets would be the boomerang and magic rod. So it'd come down to that vs Marth managing to get close enough to strike.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The first game didn't, no? Since this is only taking into account what they can do or have in their respective settings. Hence the distinction between NES!Marth and DS!Marth. So no arrow pick-up. In fact, Link's ammo were the Rupees, using up one Rupee per arrow fired. Well, no fairies in bottles in the original LoZ, either. So he'd only have Life/Magic Potions for restoring health... which would too be finite.

Ultimately, LoZ!Link's best bets would be the boomerang and magic rod. So it'd come down to that vs Marth managing to get close enough to strike.

Well I was talking more generally about Links. But now that you bring up NES Link, he might actually stand a chance against NES Marth, as the Magic Rod+Book is very powerful in NES Zelda, and I don't think it costs money or ammo. His Zelda II counter part also has the Thunder Spell which is very powerul. Considering NES Marth has 0res, Link could get around his healing potential by simply one shotting him.