Fatigue and Growth Rates in "Sun Gods Wrath" romhack

wened

Hi.

Im about to start SGW romhack but i need to decide some things first.

1. I do not want to use fatigue mechanics, but im afraid it will make the game too easy. Should i play on Hard if im not using fatigue?

2. I can pick 0 Growth rates  and 100% GR. But what does it mean? Will units not get stats at all on 0? And always max stats on 100 gr?  What would be the purpose of 0 GR?

Just now, wened said:

Hi.

Im about to start SGW romhack but i need to decide some things first.

That hack is pretty awesome. Have fun!

Just now, wened said:

1. I do not want to use fatigue mechanics, but im afraid it will make the game too easy. Should i play on Hard if im not using fatigue?

It shouldn't make that much of a difference. Items that reduce fatigue are pretty common in this game, so even if you're playing with fatigue it isn't much of an issue. Still, go ahead and play on hard if you feel you'll be able to do it!

Just now, wened said:

2. I can pick 0 Growth rates  and 100% GR. But what does it mean? Will units not get stats at all on 0? And always max stats on 100 gr?  What would 0% be the purpose of 0 GR?

0% growth rates means no character will be able to grow any stats. Their growth rates are all set to 0, so you have to work with base characters for the entire campaign. It's a common type of challenge run.

As for 100%, it sets every character's growths to 100%, meaning they will always get perfect level ups. This is just for fun, but I wouldn't recommend it for a first run.

I'd say avoid both for your first playthrough.

1 minute ago, wened said:

Thank You. Im alvays stressed about geting bad stats. I will probably do Hard + 100% just for fun. and Hard + normal rates on second playthru.

Of course! What matters is having fun. Use Kirin!