Japanese Overview Trailer

Crubat

Awesome!

Satsuma translated the accompanying tweets and Google does a good job with the site for more comprehensive info for those not familiar with Japanese:

https://topics-nintendo-co-jp.translate.goog/article/961fc100-f51d-4a6f-8267-3480119a4224?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Corrin being the "Emblem of Choice" is a good fit, and while Byleth's title makes sense in Japanese (it references the "four seasons" poem 3H gets its JPN name from), his English one is going to be be weird. If these are the first six Rings you get, I guess that big battle scene in the Story trailer was set near the end of the story after all? I look forward to being proved wrong though.

Also, I think everyone gets an Engage form with the colors of the Emblem they're fusing with, though Alear keeps their hair color when fusing with Marth. The specific skills seem really busted, so all of a sudden Sigurd being the only one with a horse doesn't seem so overpowered anymore. Byleth can dance four people at once and Corrin can mess with terrain? That's awesome! I hope they're all really good. Marth seems to be "boring but practical" with stat boosts (and Astra?) by comparison.

This is exactly the sort of thing I've been waiting for since release and what I hoped the story trailer would be and I'm curious if there were some hints here about the weapon/ class situation that I couldn't read (Chloe looked like she was in a new class? Maybe it was a new outfit though). Dragon-effective weapons are a thing and I believe Corrin's attack was a dragonbreath too, so that's something to look forward to as well! Hope for dragon Alear after all?

Something I just recently noticed is that looks like weapon level is fixed. At about 4:35, we see Framme, a lv 8 Monk with B rank staff and C rank Brawling. Right after that, Citrinne, a lv 10 Mage has B rank Tome. Also, should have noticed since the first trailer, but Alear has B rank sword right off the bat.

- Still not sure what that sword in Alear's engage cinematic is. It's not the Mercurius judging from the icon.
- Immediately a new map. Seems very... Sacaean. Also level 19 Louis, that's not early.
  - Two new lances, plus a Spear.
- Not sure who that Axe cavalier is. He doesn't seem to be riding a horse. People brought up a wolf rider, this might also be one.

- Next, boat map. A lot here.
- "Rosard", one of the girls behind Hortensia in the recent trailer confirmed a Dragon Knight (probably a wyvern in localization as usual). Can use two weapon types without being engaged.
- She also has two skills, which I believe is a first surprisingly. And 6 move, implying that she's promoted as fliers normally only have 5, from what we've seen.
- She's using a silver axe, and I'm not sure what that monstrosity in her inventory could even be.
- As others brought up, Chloé looks different Even her mount. Might be a griffon. Also she has Byleth with her.
- Etie also looks a bit different. She has Lyn with her.
- I believe Ivy's here as well. She can use... staves, surprisingly.
- There seems to be someone on that top right cannon. And they can use body arts.

- Jumping ahead from stuff we've already seen, that axe user Diamant and Byleth murder is using a Steel axe... they are not messing around with these icons. Diamant is using a Silver Sword.

- Deployment screen. Not seeing too much apart from Alear once again having B swords as a Lv4.
- You get one less Str and Spd from equipping Marth's Ring with a LV3 Bond vs a Lv6 bond(from the reveal trailer)
- A bit later, we see that level 4 bond gives +2 Spd. Something else than a stat might be granted at Lv 5 then.

- Moving on, what looks somewhat new is only the top right of the usual windmill map I believe.
- Divine Speed also gives Self healing from the additional hits, but only to dragon classes. Alear approves.

- Guess we're skipping Leif and Roy when it comes to ring spotlights. That's unfortunate for me, but meh.
- 13 Move with a bond 10 Sigurd Engage(so, +6), with canto... because why not?
- He doesn't seem to give much of any other stats. He's the + Move guy.
- His Signature Skill that we've already seen, Overdrive, seems fair and balanced as well

- Celica's engage allows you to act(or only attack?) twice with half your attack. Obviously very good.
- The warp we've seen already. Seems to have a 14 range limit here(same as last time with a bond level of 10 vs 5 this time), and you can only warp in a spot you can attack from.
- The engage has additional tomes in the back, just like Vander's in the other video. I wonder if there's anything to that...
- One new tome in the warp part. Name is not shown, though interestingly, it's blue, an unusual color for magic in FE. Maybe it's just lightning, though.
- Oh, and new map ! Then again, what isn't.
- Something's up with Framme(?) down there. Maybe it's her Chain guard ? You know, the thing from her twitter video?
image.png.c34d3901b8b4fab332a5223db8509939.png
- We be killing monks, also. And warp Ragnarok still deals 1 damage to Céline, which is... the weirdest thing.

- New scenery for the short dialogue scenes of the new emblems. Interestingly, Corrin's looks A LOT like the plains where Hoshido and Nohr fight in her dreams, and right after the decision.
- Byleth seems to be in the desert.

- Corrin uses the unawakened Yato.
- Chloé is indeed on a griffon. Her class is Griffon knight. Not sure what that blue weapon (which is normally tied to Corrin) is supposed to be.
- Corrin doesn't seem to boost stats much. Only HP and Res at Bond level 6.
- The desert princess and some bow knight is here, also that weirdly-haired fist user from the other video is here too.
- Vander can indeed use lances in his base class.
- Framme doesn't have staves this time around. Probably didn't bring any.
- Some enemy bow user has a weird purple sign, which probably indicates that he has a bow, since you're using a flier.
- Oh also multi tiles monsters are back, also they're likely using dragon breath, which has a purple icon
image.png.44fc5b0f3e908dc8ff9ced67a0196ad7.png
- Corrin's power, called Dragon vein, allows the creation of a 2 tiles healing mist. References.
- New character why not, "Ember". A paladin. Also new map... I think.
- Corrin's Dragon vein seems variable. Before is was water on a fiery map, here it's fire one snowy, dark map. Could be because of the user. Anyway, it debuffs  in a checkboard area. 
- Difficult to say how, as the seen debuff seems to be from the black mist.
- Another weapon from Corrin that I also do not recognize, at Bond lv 10.
- Big dragon kamehameha as a signature engage attack, aoe damage and debuffs. Also, new map I think. Could be the previous fire map again.

- Then comes Byleth, and indeed we're in the desert.
- We're fortunate enough to get a focus on Godemarie(the second of Hortensia's retainer) who is a Hero. She has 5 move implying promotion, and can use both swords and lances. She has a Steel Blade equipped. Her Atk is remarkable. She's a "Backup".
- Same for Yunica, who's a thief(and probably the purplehead we see in the trailer), and doesn't have any item whatsoever. She finally brings confirmation that Thieves indeed have 5 move, and the "Stealth" secondary attribute, just like archers.
- Back to Byleth, his engage form is surprising. The purple motif is something you'd expect of Shez. He's engaged to Alcryst, who's a Tiruaru... I'm assuming Tireur, aka Shooter in french? Anyways, seems promoted as well, uses a Silver bow and half his inventory I've never seen. I do see him having Claude's trusty Failnaught, courtesy of Byleth. He's still a Stealth type.
- Byleth seems like a support Emblem. His skill displayed here grants +5 Speed in two spaces around him. Broken rallies are back. And they do not affect the user.
- Byleth seems to mostly buff Accuracy and Avoid.
- His signature skill, yeah, is a four ways dance. Man.
- Another thing is that we see a new proximity skill icon, which is later confirmed to come from Byleth.
- Also Alear's proximity skill... doesn't seem to affect combat stats. Guess that boost Cramme got by moving close to them in his twitter clip was from his own proximity skill.

- And finally Lyn, who brings back the green battle part, because there wasn't enough stuff to decipher already
- This time around those are clones, and a "Chain Attack" text appears as they hit the enemy.
- Ivy, who's barely recognizable here, is in a class called Tiamo. Interestingly while everything point to it being a dragon flier, it only has 5 move, implying she isn't promoted... or the class itself has less move. It can use magic and staves, and lightning tomes do seem to be yellow.
- Alear has Lucina equipped.
- Whatever this staff thing is
image.png.9b62b6e2a211db22869b0f72e86d4100.png
- I think we have a new axe person. We can't see them well though. Also new map, who cares.
- Back to Lyn, she can hit 5 times from 10 range with her skill, why not. Doesn't seem too strong at least. Her lowly target has a Tomahawk equipped. Also her current given bow is a Killer bow, which is a bit of weird choice.

- Moving on already, we see that the map models don't look great. I guess we'll live.

- Moving on again, I'm not entirely sure I can identify all of the engaged people in that still at 04:25. I guess there's Louis, Citrinne, ???, "Ember", and Merin(see later).

- Man, how does Vincent do this stuff...? Moving on, stats screen for Framme. I'll keep it basic.
B staves as level 8. Very bad Str. Mediocre in most things. Yeah.
- Then Citrinne, who's a straight up mage. Much better stats line, although Build and Spd could be better. Confirmation that that yellow tome from earlier is a Thunder tome. Not sure what her skill does from the name. Also the Fire tome has 5 Mt and 95 Accuracy, if you must know.
- Level 10 Bond Marth gives 2 Str, 3 Skl, 2 Spd, and Level 10 Bond Celica gives 2 Str, 3 Mag, and 3 Res.
- There's a Halloween character in there engaging with I think Byleth. Potentially one of Ivy's retainers.
- Apparently Giffon riders can also use staves :
image.png.ffa7fbe33362eabbbbd5e44b60c48e2f.png
- New status effect different from Break, "Smash" (we be Xenoblade now, wait until their fanbase sees this). Alear inflicts it with Aymr, which is definitely fair enough. Pushes your target one space away.
- Byleth also has a bond Level 20, a second skill, is promoted, has the sword of the creator and a weird Dragon Claw(given by Byleth it seems)
- There's too much there, predictably. Alfred and Céline both seem promoted, and we see that Framme's passive does boost Alear. It's difficult to say in what way considering we have a level 20 Byleth involved. Since Cramme's gave Hit however, maybe Avo?
- Not sure what that bow using person behind Alear is.

- Reveal of the long haired punchy person, Seadas. She's actually our dancer, what are the odds, and she punches.
- Veeery short screen of Mistira(dancer princess, who's not a dancer I guess). She's a Vigilante., 4 Move class, can use lances. Seems quite slow but with a ton of Def. Interesting.
image.thumb.png.785339ca4010aa7c3a9c358e8d7b4f01.png
- Back to our noew resident dancer, she has 5 Move from the get-go. Her secondary attribute is Qi Gong, like Framme.
- Showcase of another Dragon Vein, this time Ice. Creates pillars that block the path.
- Also, new axe using horseman. I think he's that guy we saw shortly in the desert. Actually accounting for the bow archer, the dancer, him and his redhead pal, I guess we have our four desert retainers. Maybe.
image.png.2189613c5f6a45366d57669e7414f448.png

New character, Merin! A Wolf knight, uses Knives and swords. Unfortunately engaged with Lyn so we don't see that much more.
- Has 6 Move, also yet another new sword in their inventory. Considering they can use a silver sword but not that, it's probably very advanced. They're currently using a Silver Knife, and have an unknown knife in their inventory.
- We get to see Lyn's skills, and the icons are the same as Desperation(with a plus?) and Speedtaker, from Marth's Class in Fates.
- Speaking of skills, Merin's first one is proximity based.
- Merin proceeds to use Lyn's power to summon  4 clones around her(Also uses the Murgleis, much better), which seems to be how chain attacks can happen, aaaand...
... confirms that attack stance is back and I called it, moving on
- New redhaired axe user I don't think we've see yet
image.png.44e55983806c3d0837327401ccc9eaf4.png
... I think Anna's finally showed up.
- Lot's of potentially promoted people but it's difficult to make out when most everyone has acted already.

... I...
... I think that's it. Imma sleep or something.

image.png

image.png

19 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Immediately a new map. Seems very... Sacaean.

it's based off of an FE6 map

22 minutes ago, Cysx said:

And warp Ragnarok still deals 1 damage to Céline, which is... the weirdest thing.

it's most likely a reference to gaiden magic taking away HP

24 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Vander can indeed use lances in his base class.

Can't find Vander in that scene lol

31 minutes ago, Cysx said:

She's actually our dancer

He* lol

Very very nice analysis though, certainly pointed out a lot of stuff I missed

2 minutes ago, Crubat said:

it's based off of an FE6 map

it's most likely a reference to gaiden magic taking away HP

Can't find Vander in that scene lol

He* lol

Very very nice analysis though, certainly pointed out a lot of stuff I missed

I kinda assumed that's all we were getting today(^_^') A lot of this is outdated already. There's a bunch that isn't, though.

I think it's from Gaiden too, it's just... I mean this ability could totally have had a much harsher side effect.

It's very likely Alfred, they have very similar models and were hidden by Corrin's textbox. Jumped the gun, wish I could edit.

Same, yeah it's a dancing dude. Also that bow knight is not a retainer. Stuff like that.

Thank you:)

I worry that the "one turn only" limitation won`t prevent Emblems from being broken. I hope enemies get to use Engage mode too.

Lots of new characters, kinda hope some of them don`t get Twitter bios, so that they remain a surprise upon release. Surprised that we are getting a male dancer, though.

Don't know if that's been reported yet, but the official site has an additional country beneath all the others :

image.png.d484f92cd9c6979f0afe12dbdaabcd47.png
Gradoron. The country where the Fell dragon lives, in a nutshell.

Sorry if I missed someone bringing this up already.

15 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

I worry that the "one turn only" limitation won`t prevent Emblems from being broken. I hope enemies get to use Engage mode too.

Pretty sure in the video the narrator mentions that it lasts 3 turns (And there is of course the big number next to the icon)

36 minutes ago, Moondrag said:

Pretty sure in the video the narrator mentions that it lasts 3 turns (And there is of course the big number next to the icon)

That just makes me even MORE worried.

Also, star girl appears in the deployment screen, confirming her as playable, though there was little doubt.

Edit: A heart icon appears above Cèline when she defeats an enemy, proving that supports are back. Again, little doubt, but nice to have confirmation. 

Edited by Metal Flash

2 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Edit: A heart icon appears above Cèline when she defeats an enemy, proving that supports are back. Again, little doubt, but nice to have confirmation.

You see C icons next to units when you move someone else too, so it's nice to see that QoL feature coming back as well.

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

... I think that's it. Imma sleep or something.

You've absolutely deserved it, thank you for all of that! The last two images are giving me an "access denied" error though, what are they?

4 hours ago, Crubat said:

I saw that tweet too! This is really interesting, I wonder how many maps will be recreations of old ones with the Elyos aesthetics? I find it funny that this was shown off now after Sonic Frontiers just came out and did the same thing xD

3 hours ago, Cysx said:

- Byleth also has a bond Level 20, a second skill, is promoted, has the sword of the creator and a weird Dragon Claw(given by Byleth it seems)

Byleth got promoted too? Interesting! I wonder what promotions everyone else will get, and what other outfits they'll be able to equip (such as the Brave and Legendary outfits for Ike and Lucina respectively)!

I think the dragon claw may be Vajra-Mushti, but maybe we're looking at different points in the trailer. I'm really curious about how many Relics he brings with him: maybe just one per weapon type and then the Rafail Gem as a passive? If not that's a ton of flexibility within a single Emblem. And I'm especially curious about Corrin's Dragon Vein, since from the trailer it seems like it'll do something different on each map, which is insane. It reminds me of how all the Smash Ultimate maps had to be adjusted for the Minecraft characters so they could dig and build stuff.

It's nice that we got to see so many Emblems and all the ways they can change things, as well as all the nods to their base titles (even if Marth and Sigurd didn't seem to get anything like that)! I just wish Corrin's intro in that trailer didn't spend so much time on her back. The reference to her original artwork was nice, but I really didn't need reminding of how absurd her outfit is...

Also, I believe Leif made a brief appearance in the corner of one of the maps, I think there's an image on the main site? I'll see if I can find it otherwise.

Lots of interesting stuff here.  Thanks again for that in-depth write-up, Cysx!

I was having a look at the trailer and the Marth tweets again and I believe I found out what those floating things we see on engaged units are, they are based off of your unit type.

Alear has a special pair of wings (presumably based on divine dragon wings), backup units, like Vander is for some reason in the twt screenshit have a sword, lance and axe on their back, cavalry seem to have what looks like jet propellers, mystic units seem to just have glowing circles, armoured units have shields. I didn't really see what one stealth units have since the footage of Alcryst engaged with Byleth is unclear and I didn't actually notice anything with qijong units when Framme was engaged with Marth.

Just thought it was worth mentioning since I did see on twt, the official account did mention a unit's type does affect if you get a style bonus while engaged (like how cavalry work better with Sigurd) 

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

I believe I found out what those floating things we see on engaged units are, they are based off of your unit type.

Alear has a special pair of wings (presumably based on divine dragon wings), backup units, like Vander is for some reason in the twt screenshit have a sword, lance and axe on their back, cavalry seem to have what looks like jet propellers, mystic units seem to just have glowing circles, armoured units have shields.

Oh, that's so cool! Thank you for pointing that out, Azz! That's a really neat detail!

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

the official account did mention a unit's type does affect if you get a style bonus while engaged

Oh, I didn't see that, thanks! I only knew the bit about Marth's skill being better for Dragon units (which is something you'd expect from Corrin, but Marth is "the important one" despite being known for fighting dragons, I guess). Did it mention what Sigurd's style bonus was exactly, extra movement beyond what he gives the others?

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh, that's so cool! Thank you for pointing that out, Azz! That's a really neat detail!

Oh, I didn't see that, thanks! I only knew the bit about Marth's skill being better for Dragon units (which is something you'd expect from Corrin, but Marth is "the important one" despite being known for fighting dragons, I guess). Did it mention what Sigurd's style bonus was exactly, extra movement beyond what he gives the others?

Didn't mention anything about Sigurd but based on the very first trailer, Alfred did get a style bonus with Sigurd presumably because he was mounted.

The tweet does mention that dragon gets a bonus from all emblems (probably because we'll only get one dragon in Alear, maybe two if Veyle is playable) but since it refers to unit types as styles and style bonuses are a thing, I presume it applies to all unit and not just Alear.

Outside of Alear's dragon, we know of backup (being melee infantry), mystic (being tome units), stealth (being bow and knife units), cavalry, flying and armour battle styles. I wonder how they'll divi out which emblems give which style bonuses to each. Considering there are six, they could do two emblems for each style but none of the emblems really suit armour or flying styles and only Sigurd would fit cavalry (bar Eirika if you count her promoted class)

39 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The last two images are giving me an "access denied" error though, what are they?

Pics of (presumably) Anna's map 3D model. She was partially hidden in those so I took another one. But since I didn't delete them before posting, they were still in the list and added automatically at the end.

41 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Byleth got promoted too? Interesting! I wonder what promotions everyone else will get, and what other outfits they'll be able to equip (such as the Brave and Legendary outfits for Ike and Lucina respectively)!

I think the dragon claw may be Vajra-Mushti, but maybe we're looking at different points in the trailer. I'm really curious about how many Relics he brings with him: maybe just one per weapon type and then the Rafail Gem as a passive? If not that's a ton of flexibility within a single Emblem. And I'm especially curious about Corrin's Dragon Vein, since from the trailer it seems like it'll do something different on each map, which is insane. It reminds me of how all the Smash Ultimate maps had to be adjusted for the Minecraft characters so they could dig and build stuff.

It's nice that we got to see so many Emblems and all the ways they can change things, as well as all the nods to their base titles (even if Marth and Sigurd didn't seem to get anything like that)! I just wish Corrin's intro in that trailer didn't spend so much time on her back. The reference to her original artwork was nice, but I really didn't need reminding of how absurd her outfit is...

Also, I believe Leif made a brief appearance in the corner of one of the maps, I think there's an image on the main site? I'll see if I can find it otherwise.

I meant Alear, my bad... although the Lv 20 bond remains interesting, along with the 4 turns duration. Previously we were led to believe it stopped at bond lv 10 I'm pretty sure.
Yes, it is Vajra-Mushti.

And yes, we did see a glimpse of Leif. Can't lie, I wouldn't have expected Eirika to show up last, you have my sympathies on that one. Also thanks for the kind words, although I really should have checked what other people brought to the table before posting.

43 minutes ago, Azz said:

I was having a look at the trailer and the Marth tweets again and I believe I found out what those floating things we see on engaged units are, they are based off of your unit type.

Alear has a special pair of wings (presumably based on divine dragon wings), backup units, like Vander is for some reason in the twt screenshit have a sword, lance and axe on their back, cavalry seem to have what looks like jet propellers, mystic units seem to just have glowing circles, armoured units have shields. I didn't really see what one stealth units have since the footage of Alcryst engaged with Byleth is unclear and I didn't actually notice anything with qijong units when Framme was engaged with Marth.

Just thought it was worth mentioning since I did see on twt, the official account did mention a unit's type does affect if you get a style bonus while engaged (like how cavalry work better with Sigurd) 

That does seem to check out. Good stuff!

7 hours ago, Cysx said:

- Jumping ahead from stuff we've already seen, that axe user Diamant and Byleth murder is using a Steel axe... they are not messing around with these icons. Diamant is using a Silver Sword.

Looks like breaking makes the enemy unable to counter attack on that very turn, too.

8 hours ago, Cysx said:

- "Rosard", one of the girls behind Hortensia in the recent trailer confirmed a Dragon Knight (probably a wyvern in localization as usual). Can use two weapon types without being engaged.
- She also has two skills, which I believe is a first surprisingly. And 6 move, implying that she's promoted as fliers normally only have 5, from what we've seen.
- She's using a silver axe, and I'm not sure what that monstrosity in her inventory could even be.
- As others brought up, Chloé looks different Even her mount. Might be a griffon. Also she has Byleth with her.

- Chloé is indeed on a griffon. Her class is Griffon knight. Not sure what that blue weapon (which is normally tied to Corrin) is supposed to be.

Between Dragon Knight using axe and lance, Griffon Knight using lance and staff, and the suspicious lack of Falcon Knight so far, I have a theory that each type of Pegasus Knight promoted into a different class. Most likely: Axe -> Dragon Knight, Lance -> Griffon Knight, Sword -> Falcon Knight

Also, I think Corrin's weapon is a Dual Naginata, or at least another dual weapon

Pretty happy to see Griffon Knights are back. They were a neat addition in Awakening, but being attached to Wyvern Knights, two of which are very devoted to their darling Minerva, and having no representative for the class otherwise left them feeling poorly slapped in. Hopefully Engage will give them a better deal as they're a cool concept for a class.

Speaking of new mount classes, Wolf Knight looks very interesting. We haven't had a different mount used for a cavalier type class unless you count the Mechanist from Fates, so I'm looking forward to seeing them in action.

Edited by Medeus