Getting all DLC before the eShop closes

Matrograde

Hi, have been taking a break from Fire Emblem things but got the bug to come back recently (started doing them in order a few years ago, but only halfway through 5 at the moment). I own physical copies of all of the 3DS games, but I want to make sure I get all of the DLC before they close the eShop. Can folks who know please confirm some of the following so that I can make sure I don't miss anything?

Fire Emblem Awakening: I read that I can purchase DLC after chapter 4 (although I saw one web site say chapter 5). I am working through these opening chapters now and skipping cutscenes, since I don't want to experience the story yet. I also see, however, after chapter 3 that there is this bonus box where I can download characters and items? I don't really want to get too deeply into this right now, since I'm not planning to play this for a while, but are these things we think will go away? Should I start a serious file and grab it all?

Fire Emblem Fates Conquest: I understand that I can buy birthright and revelations without playing, but I read that there is additional DLC after chapter 6? The same questions as above as far as bonus box (if any).

Fire Emblem Echoes: I have actually already played this game and bought all the DLC, but perhaps as a reference to anyone coming here with a similar question so they don't have to open a new thread.

Thanks!

If by boxes, you mean packs containing multiple DLC content, you can buy them after chapter 6 at the Dragon's Gate in Fates. 

Personally, I wouldn't buy the DLC's because if you mod your 3ds with CIA, you can just download the DLCs for free (roms too if you don't have them) and play them with the physical cartridge. I can't give you any links because its against the forum's TOS it's pretty easy to find online.

2 hours ago, Alear said:

If by boxes, you mean packs containing multiple DLC content, you can buy them after chapter 6 at the Dragon's Gate in Fates. 

Personally, I wouldn't buy the DLC's because if you mod your 3ds with CIA, you can just download the DLCs for free (roms too if you don't have them) and play them with the physical cartridge. I can't give you any links because its against the forum's TOS it's pretty easy to find online.

I'm not interested in that. I only buy stuff legitimately, and I want to buy everything. Thanks for the advice though. At this point I'm just curious about the bonus box stuff in Awakening, whether I'll be able to get it after the eShop closes. It seems to be unrelated to the shop, so perhaps it won't go anywhere. To be clear, the bonus box is not the same thing as purchasing DLC bundles. It's free characters and items through the spotpass.

Awakening 

You do have to complete Chapter 4 before gaining access to DLCs.

DLC List and Pricing : https://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/downloadable-content/north-america/

Spotpass : https://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/spotpass/

Streetpass : https://serenesforest.net/awakening/miscellaneous/streetpass/

The stuff you'll find in the "Bonus Box" are :

Bonus Team -> Allows you to fight past FE Heroes in special map. Winning will let you recruit the ennemy leader as a Einherjar. 

Bonus Items -> Gives you item. Simple as that.

Bonus Maps -> Unlocks some Paralogue. Winning them will also let you recruit some special characters.

Bonus Duels -> It's a special mode where you play with a friend battling ennemies to unlock items. 

I don't know if all of this will be gone but the possibility is quite high.

Fire Emblem Fates 

DLCs List and Pricing : https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/miscellaneous/downloadable-content/

Similarly to Awakening you have to complete Chapter 6 to access the DLCs.

I don't remember if there's more than this for Fates. Bonus Box does exist but I don't remember it for anything more than the Friendly Visit / Friendly Duel stuff.

Echoes

DLCs List and Pricing https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/miscellaneous/downloadable-content/

No SpotPass, StreetPass or Bonus Box here as far as I remember.

I thought they already closed the eshop 

Not much I can really add to the conversation, though I will say that the Awakening DLC is the least important and the Fates DLC should be priority, while Echoes is pretty important to get but not essential. 

On 11/27/2022 at 9:38 AM, Captain Karnage said:

I thought they already closed the eshop 

Nintendo announced that they'll close the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShop on March 27th, 2023.

I did manage to bought every Fire Emblem DLC Content in the Nintendo 3DS system before the announcement of the closure happened. I'm still getting the other stuff from the Nintendo 3DS & Wii U eShop before the closure on March 27th. I think my favorite of the DLC content in the Fire Emblem 3DS games has to be the Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia DLC are the Rise of the Deliverance content. 

Edited by King Marth 64

• 3 weeks later...