How hard was it to level your lords

ScaSca

I just beat FE7 today!! I ended up poorly leveling all of the lords, so the last chapter became weakening all the enemies with my spirit animal; Florina; and then feeding kills last minute for Eliwood. I was wondering how easy it was for everyone else to level their lords, and if one of them turned out way stronger than the other two. (also hihi I am new to serenes forest and forums in general :>)

Welcome!

It was easy to level them I guess? Before Eliwood chapter Lyn was lvl 14. The first chapter of Eliwood can be cleaned up Eliwood.

Lyn is a glass cannon, so give her some robes and dragonshield. Eliwood is so-so (depend of growth), and Hector is a good tank and cav destroyer

Also, if you beat Eliwood, then Hector mode (and hard Lyn) now open. I suggest playing hector too, there is  more chapter than Eliwood.

1 hour ago, link16hit said:

Welcome!

It was easy to level them I guess? Before Eliwood chapter Lyn was lvl 14. The first chapter of Eliwood can be cleaned up Eliwood.

Lyn is a glass cannon, so give her some robes and dragonshield. Eliwood is so-so (depend of growth), and Hector is a good tank and cav destroyer

Also, if you beat Eliwood, then Hector mode (and hard Lyn) now open. I suggest playing hector too, there is  more chapter than Eliwood.

OOO OKAY I DIDNT KNOW THERES A HECTOR MODE. also thanks so much for the advice, on my next playthrough (and on hector mode) Im totally gonna prioritize leveling up my protagonists and using your tips 😆

2 hours ago, ScaSca said:

I just beat FE7 today!! I ended up poorly leveling all of the lords, so the last chapter became weakening all the enemies with my spirit animal; Florina; and then feeding kills last minute for Eliwood. I was wondering how easy it was for everyone else to level their lords, and if one of them turned out way stronger than the other two. (also hihi I am new to serenes forest and forums in general :>)

Fun little fact, if your lords are high enough level before Four Fanged Offensive, you get to face Linus there instead of Llyod, with you facing the other one in Cog of Destiny, so good luck leveling them up to see this alternate chapter on the next run.

As for your overall question, I generally find it easy to levelup Hector, Eliwood can be a bit of a mixed bag, if he is getting good levelups he does fine, but his growths tend to be coin-flips, so he can easy be Eli-good, or Eli-bad. Lyn really needs the help of Lyn mode (you eventually get the option to skip it) to keep up.

oh yeah, that remind me. If you plan to do hector mode after Lyn mode, level up Nils to  7 or 8. There will be a surprise for Hector mode. You can train your character vs Laughren? (uncle of Lyn) at the last chapter , if they can do at least 1 damage.

If you play on a real console without savestate, you can abuse the arena! When you pay, you can see the opponent, lvl and the weapon they use. You can soft-reset the game (a b select start iirc) to not use money...but time consuming and trivialize the game.

Priotize which character you want to use instead of wasting exp Eliwood/Hector arc.

It really wasn't terribly hard at all. I had some problems with Hector at points, because he's roughly as fast as a drunken snail riding a tortoise, but overall, my lords leveled up quick.

Not quick enough to get Geitz instead of Wallace though, curses.

In general, I find Hector turns out more reliable (I only played a few times but my Hector tended to do better than he "should" on speed). I did get a really great Eliwood once. I don't think I've ever had a great Lyn unfortunately?

If you play through again, you might consider peering at the guides for hidden treasure on the desert maps and unlock conditions for gaidens. Like link16hit recommended, you can level up Nils to 7 or 8 (I think it's 7) in Lyn mode for helping in the gaiden unlock requirements. Again merely echoing link16, you might enjoy the story you unlock in Hector mode.

If you really love this game and want to play it over and over on harder difficulties or with challenges, but you want the Lyn mode bonuses, you might want to leave a Lyn mode save at the last chapter of her story. That way, you only need to beat one chapter again in order to access Eliwood or Hector normal or hard modes.

I've never had issues levelling Lyn, but I also always play Lyn mode.

Eliwood I tend to need to feed some kills early on, but he usually gets going before too long, assuming he gets some speed.

Hector is never hard to level per se, but also never becomes really great for me. He's like a consistent 7/10 from beginning to end.

20 hours ago, link16hit said:

oh yeah, that remind me. If you plan to do hector mode after Lyn mode, level up Nils to  7 or 8. There will be a surprise for Hector mode.

If you access a certain side chapter (getting to said chapter isn't that hard if you know what you're doing) and can kill a certain enemy that isn't easy to kill (there's the problem).

Back on topic...

Hector is generally easy to raise. His use of axes gives him weapon advantage against most enemy units in the game, and he's durable too (well, other than against mages; those can really hurt him).

Lyn has her own mode to level up in to make her more usable in the main game.

Eliwood tends to be a mixed bag, and he tends to have trouble getting going in Hector hard mode.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 11/30/2022 at 2:19 AM, link16hit said:

oh yeah, that remind me. If you plan to do hector mode after Lyn mode, level up Nils to  7 or 8. There will be a surprise for Hector mode. You can train your character vs Laughren? (uncle of Lyn) at the last chapter , if they can do at least 1 damage.

If you play on a real console without savestate, you can abuse the arena! When you pay, you can see the opponent, lvl and the weapon they use. You can soft-reset the game (a b select start iirc) to not use money...but time consuming and trivialize the game.

Priotize which character you want to use instead of wasting exp Eliwood/Hector arc.

You can abuse the arena on a emulator too. Just save after every fight. Lol 😁

Hell I had Hector maxed out on my last two playthroughs. 

• 1 year later...

I find that Lyn and Eliwood are both relatively hard to raise in Hector Hard mode, while Hector is relatively easy. Hector is fairly bulky and has 1-2 range, and has WTA against the large number of FE7 Lance users. Lyn and Eliwood are both somewhat frail, lack 1-2 range, don't have very good attack and only have 5 movement, often face WTD due to large number of lances in FE7. This makes it tough to feed them kills sometimes. I think Eliwood is harder to raise because you can at least give Lyn a few levels during Lyn mode, which you cant do for Eliwood. I wouldn't call either Eliwood or Lyn unusuable, but you can ignore training them and get by just fine. It isn't too hard to keep them safe in maps which force-deploy them.

Edited by Cdijk16